inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Tortilla chips & Salsa

Written By: deadrockstar on 07/14/06 at 4:53 pm

One of my all-time favorite "munchies".  Its just about institutional here in Texas. :P

Subject: Re: Tortilla chips & Salsa

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/14/06 at 7:24 pm

Can't get enough of it, especially chips and salsa verde

Written By: deadrockstar on 07/14/06 at 7:30 pm

Can't get enough of it, especially chips and salsa verde

Usually people are referring to the rojo when they say salsa, but I agree salsa verde is very good as well.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/14/06 at 7:42 pm

[quote author=

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/14/06 at 7:47 pm

they should have their own section on the food pyramid.  chips and salsa is the best. Now I want some  8)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/14/06 at 7:57 pm

Tostitos Scoops and some medium salsa rojo.  DIVINE.

Written By: Davester on 07/14/06 at 8:36 pm

they should have their own section on the food pyramid.

LOL..!  Yeah...

My favorite salsa is from Chevy's with warm tortilla chips.  It's juuuust right...  The only comparable salsa I've had was a similar salsa homemade by a friend of mine who's a hot sauce freak...

Most salsas I've tried, that goes for restaraunt and canned, are too tomatoey.  I like the flavor of the blackened tomatillos...

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/14/06 at 9:42 pm

LOL..!  Yeah...

My favorite salsa is from Chevy's with warm tortilla chips.  It's juuuust right...  The only comparable salsa I've had was a similar salsa homemade by a friend of mine who's a hot sauce freak...

Most salsas I've tried, that goes for restaraunt and canned, are too tomatoey.  I like the flavor of the blackened tomatillos...

oh yes, I'm in agreement that Chevys have the best restaurant chips and salsa. they rock

Written By: lorac61469 on 07/15/06 at 2:19 pm

Not a huge fan of salsa and chips, unless I get them from a place called Los Arcos.  Home-made and fresh.  Yum.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/15/06 at 3:59 pm

There is a local place that make their own salsa. The BEST I have ever had.

Cat

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/16/06 at 11:40 am

And the 'spicier' the salsa, the better!  Yum!  :D

Written By: Southern Image on 07/17/06 at 9:00 am

Love chips & salsa Especially Fresca salsa. None of that runny crap, thats just sauce. I like chunks of tomato, cilantro,& onion in mine.

http://www.calorbbqshop.co.uk/barbecue-recipes/sauces/images/bbq_salsa_fresca.jpg

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/17/06 at 1:40 pm

Love chips & salsa Especially Fresca salsa. None of that runny crap, thats just sauce. I like chunks of tomato, cilantro,& onion in mine.

http://www.calorbbqshop.co.uk/barbecue-recipes/sauces/images/bbq_salsa_fresca.jpg

actually that's pico de gallo

Written By: DJ Midas on 07/17/06 at 9:33 pm

Now I want some! :D

I tend to load up on this at Mexican restaurants while I wait for my food. :P

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/18/06 at 1:42 pm

actually that's pico de gallo

Carlos made a big batch of that just recently and we have had it almost every night for the past several days (it is cool and with this hot weather, it is nice.)

Cat

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/18/06 at 2:12 pm

For salsa, I like it to be smooth and served at room temperature... :)

Written By: nally on 07/18/06 at 4:01 pm

For salsa, I like it to be smooth and served at room temperature... :)

Me too, I like my salsa on the "mild" level...nothing too spicy. :)

Whenever we go to eat at a Mexican restaurant, I often find myself munching on the chips and salsa to the point where I think I'll get semi-full before my entree comes! That's because I'm usually very hungry after I place my order and I can't wait for my entree! :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/18/06 at 4:27 pm

Me too, I like my salsa on the "mild" level...nothing too spicy. :)

Whenever we go to eat at a Mexican restaurant, I often find myself munching on the chips and salsa to the point where I think I'll get semi-full before my entree comes! That's because I'm usually very hungry after I place my order and I can't wait for my entree! :D

I also like mine on the mild side. And yeah, I have been known for filling up on the salsa and chips (and if it is not a Mexican restaurant, filling up on whatever they put on the table  :D ;D ;D) before the main course comes.

Cat

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/18/06 at 4:32 pm

I do the same thing!  :D

Written By: nally on 07/18/06 at 4:38 pm

I also like mine on the mild side. And yeah, I have been known for filling up on the salsa and chips (and if it is not a Mexican restaurant, filling up on whatever they put on the table  :D ;D ;D) before the main course comes.

Cat

Yeah...some restaurants (esp. Italian) usually put bread on the table.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/18/06 at 4:45 pm

Yeah...some restaurants (esp. Italian) usually put bread on the table.

The restaurant we usually go to (Greek) not only puts bread on the table but also garbonzo beans and beets (they used to also put cottage cheese but they have been getting stingy  ::) ).

Cat

Written By: nally on 07/18/06 at 5:39 pm

The restaurant we usually go to (Greek) not only puts bread on the table but also garbonzo beans and beets (they used to also put cottage cheese but they have been getting stingy  ::) ).

Cat

I've never been to a Greek restaurant before. I'm sure it's quite good, though.

Anyhoo, all this talk about food has made me hungry! Gotta go! ;)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/18/06 at 7:14 pm

Carlos made a big batch of that just recently and we have had it almost every night for the past several days (it is cool and with this hot weather, it is nice.)

Cat

Put it on a veggie burger (or any burger) and it's divine!

Written By: Jessica on 07/18/06 at 9:47 pm

I've never been to a Greek restaurant before. I'm sure it's quite good, though.

Anyhoo, all this talk about food has made me hungry! Gotta go! ;)

It is. Surprisingly, there are a large number of Greek restaurants in Griffith and the surrounding area. It makes me happy, seeing as how I have some Greek blood in me. :)

Chips and salsa....I'm making all that homemade tomorrow, right down to making the tortillas myself and baking them (healthier) into chips.

Written By: Stompgal on 07/19/06 at 4:35 am

I especially like Doritos and mild salsa. Whenever my sister has a sleepover, she eats tortilla chips and salsa.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/19/06 at 3:11 pm

Put it on a veggie burger (or any burger) and it's divine!

Don't usually do burgers (only at BBQs and such) but it does sound like a good idea.

Cat

Written By: nally on 07/19/06 at 5:36 pm

I especially like Doritos and mild salsa. Whenever my sister has a sleepover, she eats tortilla chips and salsa.

I'm not a fan of Doritos. I'll stick with my tortilla chips.

Written By: Suicidal Blonde on 09/06/06 at 3:08 pm

Luv chips and salsa, gotta have them at happy hour.

Check for new replies or respond here...