inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Tacos

Written By: Southern Image on 07/17/06 at 9:05 am

What kind of tacos do you like?

Your allowed to choose 3.

Beans & rice will be waiting by the register.

Subject: Re: Tacos

Written By: whistledog on 07/17/06 at 9:36 am

Tacos with Hamburger Meat I think are the only ones that I've ever had.  Basically, whatever Taco Bell sells ;D

I could eat like 8 tacos in a row.  They are so tasty :)

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/17/06 at 10:23 am

I've only tried Carne Asada, but since that's beef, I suppose I like the shredded beef as well. I just had tacos for dinner last night! :D

Written By: KKay on 07/17/06 at 10:33 am

hamburger meat is good...but i chose before i saw fish as a choice..
fish tacos are amazing.
looooooove them. as a matter of face, i'm going to get some later now that you reminded me.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/17/06 at 1:22 pm

I usually make my own-with hamburger meat. I have had carne asada but I don't think as a taco. The other meats I don't think I have had in a taco. But, I have had breakfast tacos-my favorite is egg, potato, and bacon. YUMMMMY!!!!

Cat

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/17/06 at 1:38 pm

Tacos with Hamburger Meat I think are the only ones that I've ever had.  Basically, whatever Taco Bell sells ;D

I could eat like 8 tacos in a row.  They are so tasty :)

Ew, Gringo tacos!! lol

I like my tacos with Carnitas (pork), Carne asada, shredded beef, and fish.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/17/06 at 2:09 pm

Hamburger meat, prepared in Taco Bell fashion... :)

Written By: Tia on 07/17/06 at 2:53 pm

the idea of fish tacos scares the hell out of me.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/17/06 at 4:07 pm

Carne asada, chicken, hamburger meat.

Written By: Indy Gent on 07/17/06 at 6:04 pm

I agree with a lot of you with ground beef, shredded beef and steak. I also like chicken, but I had some fish tacos at the now defunct Baja Fresh and I didn't care for it. Must depend on the type of fish. :-\\

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/17/06 at 6:20 pm

It depends on where you get them. Southern CA eateries have great ones, like at Rubio's.

Must depend on the type of fish. :-\\

If it isn't mahi, mahi - leave it alone.

Written By: lorac61469 on 07/17/06 at 7:45 pm

When I make them at home I use hamburger meat but if I go to a great local Mexican restaurant, I get the shredded chiken or shredded beef.

Hey!!  I used spell check and it didn't catch CHIKEN...anyone know if that's a word?  LOL!!

Written By: DJ Midas on 07/17/06 at 9:25 pm

Um...that's not hamburger meat...  ;D :D

Southern CA eateries have great ones, like at Rubio's.

We have those in NoPho too!  Rubio's Fish Tacos rock.  8)

I like chicken, fish & shredded beef.

There's a new place in Snottsdale I should probably try out.  It's called The Pink Taco.  For reals.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/18/06 at 10:20 am

There's a new place in Snottsdale I should probably try out.  It's called The Pink Taco.  For reals.

hahaha that should be interesting - lol. Are you sure they sell tacos?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/18/06 at 10:22 am

hahaha that should be interesting - lol. Are you sure they sell tacos?

Yeah, Lindsay Lohan is banging the guy that owns the joint.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/18/06 at 10:22 am

hahaha

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/18/06 at 10:38 am

POLLO ASADO!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/18/06 at 1:40 pm

I used to know this guy who told me that one time he went to Mexico. He stopped at a little stand to get something to eat. On the menu it said, "meat tacos". He asked the waiter, "What kind of meat? Beef?" The waiter said, "No beef. Just meat."  He asked, "pork?" Again the waiter said, "No pork. Just meat." Needless to say, the guy didn't get the meat tacos.  ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: DJ Midas on 07/18/06 at 7:51 pm

True dat.

Written By: HunkyDory on 07/20/06 at 10:49 pm

chicken, carne asada, and the normal kinds at taco bell :D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/17/06 at 1:52 am

oh come on Tia, a fish taco ain't nothing to be scared of

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5mVuEOREbwUAtHKjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=12p6m7h4l/EXP=1155883502/**http%3a//www.stpetersburgtimes.com/News/092000/photos/taste-TACO-lg.jpg

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/17/06 at 2:17 am

but seriously, I love tacos of any kind. I prefer homemade crispy corn tortillas. I make chicken & ground beef. If I want good shredded beef, shrimp, or carnitas I go out & get that at a place I know makes them good. There are so many variables with meat, toppings, tortilla prep & I love them all, but a good crispy taco with chicken or ground beef, topped with shredded iceberg lettuce, hotsauce, salsa, maybe some tomatos & avocado, & lots of shredded cheese, preferably medium to sharp cheddar or combo cheddar/Monterery jack. A friend of mine had a sister who made  ground beef, crispy corn tortilla & shredded lettuce mixed with tomatoes &  chopped olives & grated parmesan and M-jack cheese and that topping is delicious. I'll eat them soft or crispy, corn or flour tortilla, just feed me tacos & I'm a happy man.
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5meZEuREhywA4cmjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=12tbpn3p5/EXP=1155884057/**http%3a//www.missionfoods.com/images/recipeimages/404_fast_fiesta_tacos.jpg

Written By: Tia on 08/17/06 at 3:07 pm

oh come on Tia, a fish taco ain't nothing to be scared of

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5mVuEOREbwUAtHKjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=12p6m7h4l/EXP=1155883502/**http%3a//www.stpetersburgtimes.com/News/092000/photos/taste-TACO-lg.jpg
ack! :o

really, though, i like fish and i like tacos but i'm not sure about combining them. i also don't much care for shrimp and crab. i don't think we should be eating anything so... primordial. yeah, it's a hangup, i admit it.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/17/06 at 3:31 pm

ack! :o

really, though, i like fish and i like tacos but i'm not sure about combining them. i also don't much care for shrimp and crab. i don't think we should be eating anything so... primordial. yeah, it's a hangup, i admit it.
I personally do not like fish tacos if they use mayo and shredded cabbage, but I will feast heavily on shrimp & crab. Baja Fresh makes excellent shrimp soft tacos.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/17/06 at 3:33 pm

I love that there was a "fish taco" joke and no one got it.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/17/06 at 7:40 pm

I love that there was a "fish taco" joke and no one got it.
what joke?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/17/06 at 8:23 pm

what joke?

"fish taco" is slang for a woman's you-know-what.  I couldn't believe someone else didn't get that.  I was expecting a post to have a "you said WHAT?!  ;D  ;D"  somewhere. 

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/17/06 at 9:18 pm

"fish taco" is slang for a woman's you-know-what.  I couldn't believe someone else didn't get that.  I was expecting a post to have a "you said WHAT?!   ;D   ;D"  somewhere.   
Ohhhh!!! the *you-know-what*  :o  and of course the the Pink Taco was referring to a strip club, that goes without much elaboration.

Written By: DJ Midas on 08/17/06 at 9:28 pm

Ohhhh!!! the *you-know-what*  :o  and of course the the Pink Taco was referring to a strip club, that goes without much elaboration.

The Pink Taco I was referring to is actually a new restaurant here in Scottsdale AZ.  :D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/17/06 at 9:31 pm

The Pink Taco I was referring to is actually a new restaurant here in Scottsdale AZ.   :D
no way!!!!!! serious?  wow, I was off a bit on that one

Written By: Wiffle on 08/20/06 at 10:47 pm

The Pink Taco I was referring to is actually a new restaurant here in Scottsdale AZ.   :D

I read about that somewhere recently... the mayor was not pleased and did not think a restaurant with that name was suitable (if I recall correctly).

As for tacos, I like the shredded meat variety, be it beef, pork or chicken. The most important components are the meat and the type of salsa/hot sauce. I love Tapatio sauce as far as supermarket variety hot sauces.

Written By: Dude111 on 11/09/07 at 6:49 pm

The only thing i hasve in my tacos are:

Ground Beef,Lettuce,Cheese and tomato (Hard shell)

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/09/07 at 6:52 pm

The only thing i hasve in my tacos are:

Ground Beef,Lettuce,Cheese and tomato (Hard shell)

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
i could eat about ten of them mmmmmmmmmm  one m for every taco. well, maybe not ten, but a plateful for sures.

Written By: Dude111 on 11/09/07 at 7:11 pm

Best place to get them is MOES!! (Excellent Mexican Restuarant)

I can usually eat about 5 @ one sitting...

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/09/07 at 7:16 pm

Best place to get them is MOES!! (Excellent Mexican Restuarant)

I can usually eat about 5 @ one sitting...
cool website. i like the greeting "Welcome to Moe's" It looks like they make the tacos just how I like em', nice and simple, not too many ingredients.  now the nearest Moe's is Arizona or Colorado. I'm not gonna be like Harold & Kumar and go on a quest for Moe's tacos, but I'm sure they are excellent.

Written By: Dude111 on 11/09/07 at 7:32 pm

MUCH BETTER THAN TACO BELL :)

Written By: Midas on 11/13/07 at 11:22 pm

Moe's is pretty good.  I'd rather get a burrito there though.

I still haven't tried the Pink Taco restaurant, however when I was in San Diego I had excellent grilled mahi mahi tacos at South Beach Bar & Grill. :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/13/07 at 11:25 pm

Moe's is pretty good.  I'd rather get a burrito there though.

I still haven't tried the Pink Taco restaurant, however when I was in San Diego I had excellent grilled mahi mahi tacos at South Beach Bar & Grill. :)
Midas, isn't the Pink Taco a strip club  ???

so i drove by this place today and was gonna stop and check it out after I did my stuff with the car, and I forgot. Has anyone been to a Taco Del Mar?

Written By: ninny on 11/14/07 at 8:11 am

I always make mine with hamburg meat,I would like to try chicken, but my husband is so set in his waysthat he probably would not like it.

Written By: Midas on 11/14/07 at 1:33 pm

Midas, isn't the Pink Taco a strip club  ???

No, it's a restaurant in Scottsdale AZ.  For reals as I said in my post last year:

The Pink Taco I was referring to is actually a new restaurant here in Scottsdale AZ.   :D

I think you're wanting it to be a strip club.  :D ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/14/07 at 3:15 pm

No, it's a restaurant in Scottsdale AZ.  For reals as I said in my post last year:

I think you're wanting it to be a strip club.   :D ;D
this needs to go on the you know you're old when...... thread   
you know you're old when you repeat yourself over and over  :(      I was thinking that place sounded familiar and it's a real taco joint. Maybe I was thinking of a strip club in Sunnyvale that I've never been too the Pink Poodle.  sorry to keep repeating the same perverted question about your taco hangout Midas  :-X

Written By: Midas on 11/14/07 at 3:35 pm

you know you're old when you repeat yourself over and over  :(      I was thinking that place sounded familiar and it's a real taco joint. Maybe I was thinking of a strip club in Sunnyvale that I've never been too the Pink Poodle.  sorry to keep repeating the same perverted question about your taco hangout Midas  :-X

No worries, Mike.  :)

Either way I'd go.  :D

Written By: Jessica on 11/14/07 at 3:53 pm

We're going to the Pink Poodle in June. Me, my sister, and our friend. Mahahahahahahaha.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/14/07 at 5:29 pm

No worries, Mike.  :)

Either way I'd go.  :D
me too, but I'm embarrassed because I'm always ragging on my friends dad who constantly says the same things over and over and now I'm doing it  ;D

We're going to the Pink Poodle in June. Me, my sister, and our friend. Mahahahahahahaha.
gulp... you are?? and Rice too?  is this the place I was talking about or is it in Chicago? or is this a pet grooming place  ???

Written By: Jessica on 11/14/07 at 6:19 pm

gulp... you are?? and Rice too?  is this the place I was talking about or is it in Chicago? or is this a pet grooming place  ???

Oh no, we're going to the strip club. We've been planning on it for awhile now. Rice can go if he wants to. It's going to be a mixed bag of people (guys and gals).

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/14/07 at 7:38 pm

Oh no, we're going to the strip club. We've been planning on it for awhile now. Rice can go if he wants to. It's going to be a mixed bag of people (guys and gals).
oh really, what's the occasion?  yanno, sometimes those dancers interact with the customers  ::)  isn't it funny how the food thread about tacos got off on a strip club tangent  ;D 

Written By: Midas on 11/14/07 at 7:47 pm

oh really, what's the occasion?  yanno, sometimes those dancers interact with the customers  ::)  isn't it funny how the food thread about tacos got off on a strip club tangent  ;D 

If they served tacos at strip clubs I'd probably eat them. :D

As long as they weren't yucky.

Written By: Jessica on 11/14/07 at 7:58 pm

oh really, what's the occasion?  yanno, sometimes those dancers interact with the customers   ::)  isn't it funny how the food thread about tacos got off on a strip club tangent  ;D 

I guess the occasion is us coming back home for a visit. Every time we go back home, we usually meet up with a bunch of people and go out to get plastered. My sister drives since she doesn't drink. :D

*snicker*

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/14/07 at 8:06 pm

no way man  ;D  no eating food while sitting in front of the stage/walk/pole area. many years back we went to the KitKat club in Sunnyvale with some softball buddies, and they serve a buffet, you can eat and then enjoy the dancers, my friend gets his plate of mashed potatoes and meat (no tacos) and sits right there on a stool where the dancers dance, pulls out some cash for tips and eats as if he's a frickken Denny's. embarrassed the crap outta us  ;D 

I guess the occasion is us coming back home for a visit. Every time we go back home, we usually meet up with a bunch of people and go out to get plastered. My sister drives since she doesn't drink. :D

*snicker*
oh, here in the Bay Area, and is this place near San Jose because I've heard of it. wow, what a way to celebrate homecoming  8)

Written By: Step-chan on 11/28/07 at 5:56 pm

I've has hamburger meat in mine.

I usually have lettuce, tomato and shredded cheese on mine.

Written By: nally on 07/30/18 at 11:44 pm

Of the options listed, I like chicken and fish the best. I also like other add-ins such as lettuce, tomato, cabbage, and shredded cheese.

Written By: aja675 on 07/30/18 at 11:52 pm

fvjrzwwIWZQ

Written By: Howard on 07/31/18 at 7:17 am

shredded cheese, salad, sour cream and salsa

Check for new replies or respond here...