inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Authentic and traditional family recipes ??

Written By: holicman on 07/20/06 at 9:15 am

Has anybody got any ??

Ive got quite a few...........my family is of hungarian/lebanese/New Zealand descent, so I am sure there are alot of different recipes within our family which would tantalize everyones tastebuds.

One very basic one i have is a zucchini dish.

What you do is sautee Zuchhini in a pot with a bit of Oil............after about 5 minutes you add some fresh or minced garlic.

When the Zucchini has sauteed nicely, grate some cheese over the top of it, turn the stove top off, let the cheese melt into the Zucchini and mix it through a little.

A very simple but delicious dish which works well as a side dish to any sort of Roast :)

Subject: Re: Authentic and traditional family recipes ??

Written By: velvetoneo on 07/21/06 at 12:39 am

Hmm....we have awesome hereditary cheeseball, latke, salad dressing, and chocolate cake recipes I can get the next time I'm at my grandma's.

Written By: Jessica on 07/21/06 at 8:27 am

I'm not allowed to share family recipes. My father and grandmother would kill me. :D

Written By: HunkyDory on 07/21/06 at 1:11 pm

Being Italian, of course we have all kinds of recipes, but the best that I have had...is the spaghetti sauce my great grandma made....my mom knows the recipe now, I could probably find the recipe card ::)...but if I told a soul and my mom found out...I'd be disowned :\'(

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/23/06 at 12:08 pm

Has anybody got any ??

Ive got quite a few...........my family is of hungarian/lebanese/New Zealand descent, so I am sure there are alot of different recipes within our family which would tantalize everyones tastebuds.

One very basic one i have is a zucchini dish.

What you do is sautee Zuchhini in a pot with a bit of Oil............after about 5 minutes you add some fresh or minced garlic.

When the Zucchini has sauteed nicely, grate some cheese over the top of it, turn the stove top off, let the cheese melt into the Zucchini and mix it through a little.

A very simple but delicious dish which works well as a side dish to any sort of Roast :)

Sounds delicious...I may have to try that!  :)

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 09/01/06 at 1:12 am

Spaghetti Sauce, of which there is no "written" recipe, but it was passed to me from my mom ;)  I wish my grandma had taught me how to make her chicken & Dumplins before she died.....I tried using her recipe, but they just weren't "right" ???

Written By: Gis on 09/01/06 at 10:29 am

My Mum's gravy is amazing and her stew is to die for I can never get either to taste the same.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/10/06 at 10:02 pm

my mom makes a killer Easter "cheese"....which really isn't cheese, but mainly made of eggs, sugar, etc....it's SO good, we have it every Easter.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/11/06 at 12:37 pm

My grandmother's cookies. Actually, all my grandmother's recipes-and anyone can have them because she wrote a cookbook which I believe was just reissued. (I have seen it advertised on Barnes & Noble's).

Cat

Written By: Abix on 11/11/06 at 2:14 pm

My Grandparents came from Norway, so we have some traditional Norwegian dishes that my cousins make. I myself can't make them. Lutefisk (yuck), Potato Dumplings, and my favorite, Lefse.

Written By: spaceace on 11/12/06 at 6:23 pm

My Grandma's noodles.  Unfortunately the recipe died with her.

Check for new replies or respond here...