inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Burger King Stacker

Written By: whistledog on 07/25/06 at 12:28 am

Has anyone else had one yet?

I gave the Double Stacker a try tonight, and I was unsatisfied.  On the commerical, they make it look like real big, so I was expecting a Whopper size burger, but it's this really small thing

YAY FOR FALSE ADVERTISING O0 :(

http://www.burgerking.ca/imagelibrary//home/stacker_Homepage_565x400.jpg

Subject: Re: The Burger King Stacker

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/25/06 at 12:32 am

I gave the 2 pattie one a try, and I was unsatisfied.  It's like really small.  On the commerical, they make it look like real big

That's not false advertising.  Who goes to BK expecting a burger as big as what they see on TV?  They show huge products to entice people to buy them.  False advertising would be telling you something is safe and is not a hazard to children, knowing full well that it is.

Written By: whistledog on 07/25/06 at 12:37 am

That's not false advertising.  Who goes to BK expecting a burger as big as what they see on TV?  They show huge products to entice people to buy them.  False advertising would be telling you something is safe and is not a hazard to children, knowing full well that it is.

Not false advertsing i guess.  I just want an excuse to vent ;D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/25/06 at 12:39 am

Not false advertsing i guess.  I just want an excuse to vent ;D

My degree is in advertising, so I learned to spot what is false advertising and what is just fluff.

Written By: whistledog on 07/25/06 at 12:56 am

My degree is in advertising, so I learned to spot what is false advertising and what is just fluff.

oh yeah, well my stomach has a degree in hamburgers, and it knows what it doesn't like ;D

Written By: Southern Image on 07/25/06 at 4:43 pm

I gave the Double Stacker a try tonight, and I was unsatisfied.  On the commerical, they make it look like real big, so I was expecting a Whopper size burger, but it's this really small thing

What you'd expect? I mean, didn't you see the midgets promoting it?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: HunkyDory on 07/25/06 at 10:21 pm

my friend had a quadruple :o, it was pretty big

Written By: Indy Gent on 07/26/06 at 5:59 pm

That reminds me of the Wendy's ad that featured 'customized' burgers. It had electronic music and had the patties go up and down like sound bars on some stereo systems. Even my sister was convinced that Wendy's was selling four and five patty burgers. I was disappointed. :(

Written By: Jessica on 07/26/06 at 6:59 pm

my friend had a quadruple :o, it was pretty big

Which will shortly be followed up by a quadruple bypass. :P

I'll pass on these and make my own tasty ground turkey burgers.

Written By: nally on 07/27/06 at 12:04 am

No, thank you! http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/14/puke.gif

This does not sound the least bit appetizing to me. If I wanna clog my arteries, I can do it some other way.

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/27/06 at 7:27 pm

The Stacker is a pale imitation of the 2x2, 3x3, and 4x4 (or whatever-by-whatever) that you can get at In-N-Out

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In-N-Out

Go there and repent of your sins with at least a 5x5. 

http://www.google.com/search?q=in-n-out+20x20

Or a 20x20, if you've had professional training...

Written By: whistledog on 07/27/06 at 7:38 pm

The Stacker is a pale imitation of the 2x2, 3x3, and 4x4 (or whatever-by-whatever) that you can get at In-N-Out

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In-N-Out

Go there and repent of your sins with at least a 5x5. 

http://www.google.com/search?q=in-n-out+20x20

Or a 20x20, if you've had professional training...

No In-N-Out's here  :\'(

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/27/06 at 7:41 pm

http://content.collegehumor.com/items/2003/09/collegehumor.18190.451xAUTO.jpg

That is that 20x20 sh*t.  How anyone eats this is beyond me.

Written By: whistledog on 07/27/06 at 7:48 pm

http://content.collegehumor.com/items/2003/09/collegehumor.18190.451xAUTO.jpg

That is that 20x20 sh*t.  How anyone eats this is beyond me.

OMG that looks like the ѕhit I just took  :o

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/27/06 at 7:49 pm

OMG that looks like the ѕhit I just took ;D

Well, that should sufficiently turn anyone off from eating that monstrosity.

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/27/06 at 8:32 pm

O RLY? 

By the way, pay no attention to the voice in the background saying "Launch strike force, we have confirmed identity of GoatsBANNINATION

Written By: rich1981 on 07/27/06 at 9:42 pm

I've never eaten a burger with more than two patties, let alone four!

Written By: Trimac20 on 08/01/06 at 1:37 am

Holy sheesh, whistle, that is gargantuan!  ;D

I like burgers, but that just made me feel slightly nauseous... :-\\

Written By: nally on 08/02/06 at 1:49 am

I've never eaten a burger with more than two patties, let alone four!

I don't think I've eaten a burger with more than one patty.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 08/02/06 at 4:25 pm

No, thank you! http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/14/puke.gif

This does not sound the least bit appetizing to me. If I wanna clog my arteries, I can do it some other way.

totally, it's just heart attack food..and while it may tempting it's best avoided unless you want fluffy arteries

Written By: Marian on 08/13/06 at 4:46 pm

LOL ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

Written By: Tam on 08/16/06 at 10:56 pm

With all this ado about the BK Stacker - I had to find out for myself. (Or as close to myself as I could - I do not like Burger King burgers AT ALL.)

A friend of mine and I went to BK today. He ordered a stacker and when it came he started laughing and took it back to the counter. His 3 patties weren't even neatly stacked - they were barely inside the bun, the cheese was burnt and the size.... fit in the palm of his hand. He asked before ordering if it would be enough to feed the appetite of someone who hadn't ate all day - the lady assured him it would. It reminded me of the tiny burgers you get at Krystals - and for you Canadians, the closest thing to help describe what we got is the burger bundles that BK used to offer!

When he took it back to them he made them refund his money, we left and he went and got a Big Mac at McDonald's! ;)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/16/06 at 11:36 pm

Why do people think that it's some huge sandwich?

Written By: Tam on 08/16/06 at 11:38 pm

Why do people think that it's some huge sandwich?

Because of the way they portray it in commercials!

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/16/06 at 11:51 pm

Because of the way they portray it in commercials!

That's called advertising.  You don't think that by putting on a Victoria's Secret bra you'll have boobs like Heidi Klum, do you?  They wanted to trump up the fact that these sandwiches can have up to 4 pieces of meat and cheese, so they make these giant, larger than life hamburgers and have them assembled by midgets.  No one in their right mind should think they're getting some huge hamburger handed to them.  They're playing up the size of the burger in terms of the number of hamburger patties, not its actual size relevant to other hamburgers they offer.  It's bigger than a Whopper due to # of patties, but that's it.

Companies do this in ad campaigns all the time. 

Written By: Tam on 08/17/06 at 12:00 am

That's called advertising.  You don't think that by putting on a Victoria's Secret bra you'll have boobs like Heidi Klum, do you?  They wanted to trump up the fact that these sandwiches can have up to 4 pieces of meat and cheese, so they make these giant, larger than life hamburgers and have them assembled by midgets.  No one in their right mind should think they're getting some huge hamburger handed to them.  They're playing up the size of the burger in terms of the number of hamburger patties, not its actual size relevant to other hamburgers they offer.  It's bigger than a Whopper due to # of patties, but that's it.

Companies do this in ad campaigns all the time. 

I am well aware of what ad campaigns are meant to do - I am not ignorant nor did I need research it through google.

I was merely relating what happened today at Burger King.
That's called my experience.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/17/06 at 12:05 am

I am well aware of what ad campaigns are meant to do - I am not ignorant nor did I need research it through google.

I was merely relating what happened today at Burger King.
That's called my experience.

Oh I didn't research anything through Google.  That's just what I came up with from watching the commercials.  In one of my Advertising classes I took in college, we talked about ad campaigns that make the product seem more than what it really is.  We came up with a couple examples of companies that inflate the image of the product to make it more attractive to people.  I don't think this is any different.  I didn't say you were ignorant either. 

I've been to BK myself since that sandwich came out and I've heard people make the same comments to the people behind the counter; they think the sandwich is supposed to be bigger than they get. 

Written By: Tam on 08/17/06 at 12:18 am

Oh I didn't research anything through Google.  That's just what I came up with from watching the commercials.  In one of my Advertising classes I took in college, we talked about ad campaigns that make the product seem more than what it really is.  We came up with a couple examples of companies that inflate the image of the product to make it more attractive to people.  I don't think this is any different.  I didn't say you were ignorant either. 

I've been to BK myself since that sandwich came out and I've heard people make the same comments to the people behind the counter; they think the sandwich is supposed to be bigger than they get.  I just thought it was funny that people didn't get the intentional inflation in the commercials.  I mean, they have midgets stacking the sandwiches!

Obviously commercials are designed to lure a person into buying products.
Commercials convince people they will look 10x better or feel better, or lose weight or gain muscle - they are strategically placed in a market that is designed to attract their target audience. Obviously, a lot of these commercials also come with disclaimers. Imagine Burger King using a disclaimer that says "may not be actual size" or "looks better on tv because it is made from plastic"!!!

But when a reasonable person is led to believe that the product is a certain way only to find out they were fooled by the three P's, you would undoubtedly have to understand their outcry. Personally, I think its hilarious! I went in there today knowing full well that it wasn't going to be a huge sandwich..... so I just enjoyed the backlash from my friend.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/17/06 at 12:23 am

But when a reasonable person is led to believe that the product is a certain way only to find out they were fooled by the three P's, you would undoubtedly have to understand their outcry. Personally, I think its hilarious! I went in there today knowing full well that it wasn't going to be a huge sandwich..... so I just enjoyed the backlash from my friend.

Oh sure.  I saw one little boy start crying because the sandwich was too small.  I think that BK flopped on the ad campaign because most other companies will make it really, REALLY obvious that the commercial is all fluff, but BK didn't go down that road.  I wouldn't call it false advertising or deception, but it's just another sh*tty ad campaign they've done.

Check for new replies or respond here...