inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: VANILLA FROSTY

Written By: P.E.D. on 08/07/06 at 3:56 pm

I have been wanting this for YEARS. I worked at Wendy's for a brief period in college, and my only thought about it was "Why is there, or never been a vanilla frosty?" in 30 years of existence??. What I am always told is that founder Dave Thomas thought chocolate was all that was needed, and that was that. Well the old man has been gone a while now (God rest his bacon eating soul) my dream has come true! After years of being considered crazy and a dreamer, the dream is reality as I bit into a vanilla frosty last week. It's EXACTLY how I'd envisioned it. Funny how fantasies are almost always better than reality..not in this case. I am not disappointed. Thanks, Wendy's!

BTW..a lil trivia, since I am interested in the decades and recent history..did you know that Wendy's and Sesame Street started the same week??? Nov 10-15, 1969!

Subject: Re: VANILLA FROSTY

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/07/06 at 8:04 pm

Out west we have Fosters Freeze, famous for their frosties  that sometimes are dipped in chocolate and there's plain vanilla and chocolate, but the best is the chocolate/vanilla twist (the middle cone in pic) they rock!
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5wse4tdEQhUA5KajzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=12l2580av/EXP=1155085214/**http%3a//www.twistandshake.com/Graphics/newpage2/blueback3cones.jpg

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/07/06 at 8:44 pm

You can buy something similar to that at Wendy's, if you're talking about a non-ice cream shop.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/07/06 at 8:53 pm

You can buy something similar to that at Wendy's, if you're talking about a non-ice cream shop.
oh yeah, & Fosters Freeze is just a burger joint, fries & corn dogs, but they have most excellent frosties, a must have in the summer  8) now I wants one, ohhh, my sweet frosty, my..... precious

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/07/06 at 8:59 pm

oh yeah, & Fosters Freeze is just a burger joint, fries & corn dogs, but they have most excellent frosties, a must have in the summer  8) now I wants one, ohhh, my sweet frosty, my..... precious

Do I need to get the hose?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/07/06 at 9:07 pm

no silly, that was my Gollum impression http://mud.mm-a2.yimg.com/image/381236573

Written By: Gis on 08/08/06 at 6:12 am

In the U.K it's called Mr. Whippy ! If you buy it with a cabury's chocolate flake in it it's called a '99'

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/08/06 at 9:49 am

Out west we have Fosters Freeze, famous for their frosties  that sometimes are dipped in chocolate and there's plain vanilla and chocolate, but the best is the chocolate/vanilla twist (the middle cone in pic) they rock!
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5wse4tdEQhUA5KajzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=12l2580av/EXP=1155085214/**http%3a//www.twistandshake.com/Graphics/newpage2/blueback3cones.jpg

Ah, yes... There's one in my city.

Written By: DJ Midas on 08/09/06 at 7:39 pm

The girlfriend is telling me to get and the car and get to Wendy's. ;D  Awesome.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/09/06 at 7:56 pm

The girlfriend is telling me to get and the car and get to Wendy's. ;D  Awesome.
so what are you waiting for, go!!  ;D

Written By: DJ Midas on 08/09/06 at 9:46 pm

so what are you waiting for, go!!  ;D

Money.  And Friday, which means money.  :P

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/09/06 at 9:58 pm

Money.  And Friday, which means money.   :P
something to look forward to on Friday then. I may have to join in on that action  :)

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/10/06 at 9:10 pm

It rubs the Frosty on its skin?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/10/06 at 9:11 pm

;D  LMAO  ;D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/10/06 at 9:59 pm

;D  ;D

Karma for the reference!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/10/06 at 10:01 pm

;D   ;D

Karma for the reference!
that was funny, Foo Bar cracked me up. of course I'm thinking of the scene in Joe Dirt instead of Silence Of The Lambs  & Beth, you just got 300karma  wow

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/10/06 at 10:21 pm

You set 'em up, I knock 'em down.

(You can put fava beans in chili, but chianti really doesn't go with ice cream.)

Written By: DJ Midas on 08/10/06 at 11:42 pm

something to look forward to on Friday then. I may have to join in on that action  :)

We beat you to it. ;D  The girlfriend had money and had one today.  Tasty.  :D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/11/06 at 12:20 am

We beat you to it. ;D  The girlfriend had money and had one today.  Tasty.  :D
very nice, I think we should all have one soon. way to make her cough up some change  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...