inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Eggs!

Written By: Gis on 09/15/06 at 3:37 am

How do you like your eggs in the morning? as the song goes. I love eating eggs boiled, fried, poached, scrambled any way really.
Has anyone got any good egg recipies I might try??

Subject: Re: Eggs!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 09/15/06 at 3:53 am

Fried and scrambled are how i prefer them, in that order. I can cook dang near perfect fried eggs where the yolk is nice and golden but the white isn't runny and I can flip em without a spatula and not break the yolk  8)  Boiled eggs are wonderful also, and my wife and I love to make egg salad for sandwiches.

Written By: Paul on 09/15/06 at 7:05 am

Has anyone got any good egg recipies I might try??

Have you tried 'eggy bread'?

It goes like this...

Get the fying pan on (with a dash of oil, natch!) and beat up a couple of eggs in a fairly large bowl, add salt and pepper if you're that way inclined...

Then take a couple of 'doorstops' of bread (any type) and 'soak' the bread slice into the beaten egg for about a minute...

Transfer the sodden mass immediately to the frying pan...a minute or so each side should do...

Ready to eat, or you can slap melted cheese on top...

Packed to the gills with cholesterol, but very nice!

Written By: karen on 09/15/06 at 9:04 am

Gypsy Toast my mum calls this.  Lovely as part of a cooked breakfast.

A variation on this:
Have you got a Breville sandwich toaster?  Put your first slice of bread in, push it well into the hollows and pur in some beaten up egg.  Add your second slice and cook as normal.

Written By: Gis on 09/15/06 at 9:19 am

Gypsy Toast my mum calls this.  Lovely as part of a cooked breakfast.

A variation on this:
Have you got a Breville sandwich toaster?  Put your first slice of bread in, push it well into the hollows and pur in some beaten up egg.  Add your second slice and cook as normal.
My Mum called it Gypsy toast too,I tend to smother it in ketchup...but I like the sound of melted cheese.MMMMmm.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 09/15/06 at 11:29 am

I will eat scrambled, though I prefer them either sunny side up or over easy with salt and pepper.

Written By: whistledog on 09/15/06 at 12:48 pm

Sunny Side Up with Pepper, so's I can dip my toast in the yolk :)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 09/15/06 at 1:21 pm

I had thought about doing a thread like this, but you beat me to it Gis!  :D

I like my eggs scrambled or fried (hard yolks)...with a bit of salt or Season All on them!  Yum!! :)

Written By: Gis on 09/15/06 at 3:33 pm

I had thought about doing a thread like this, but you beat me to it Gis!  :D

I like my eggs scrambled or fried (hard yolks)...with a bit of salt or Season All on them!  Yum!! :)
Great minds think alike!

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 09/15/06 at 3:42 pm

Great minds think alike!

;)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 09/15/06 at 4:43 pm

scrambled and over-easy.

Written By: danootaandme on 09/15/06 at 5:18 pm

I can't eat egg whites, some kinda of allergy or something, I get violently ill, but I can eat the yokes and love them soft boiled, but my favorite way it devilled

DEVILED EGGS
Printed from COOKS.COM

6 eggs
1/4 tsp prepared mustard
1/8 tsp dill
3 tbsp mayonnaise(I use Miracle Whip)
1/8 tsp white pepper
1/8 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp salt
1-2 tsp milk

Place eggs in a pan and cover with water. Boil eggs for about 4 minutes.

Remove from heat and place in ice water. Let cool down to room temperature.

Peel under cold running water. Slice eggs in half. Place egg whites on a plate or serving tray rinsed and dried.

Mash egg yolks with a fork and add all ingredients except for paprika.

If desired, you can add more mayonnaise with a little bit of milk (small amounts at a time, as you can always add but not take out or you'll end up boiling another egg or two.. lol..)

Fill each half about a teaspoon and sprinkle with paprika. Cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.

Makes about 6 servings.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/16/06 at 12:10 am

I like mine over medium...or scrambled with cheese and mushrooms.

Written By: deadrockstar on 09/16/06 at 3:16 am

Eggs overeasy, goldenrod eggs and tortillas espa

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/16/06 at 3:36 am

I like my eggs eaten in the morning.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 09/16/06 at 3:40 am

I want eggs for breakfast.  http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5x_OtQtF.EYBcpSjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBsdmIydTZhBHNlYwNwcm9mBHZ0aWQDSTAwMV83MA--/SIG=12d2hbqv4/EXP=1158481742/**http%3a//www.eggsrecipes.com/images/12-easy-egg-recipes.jpg
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5wumtgtF7CYB8UyjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBsdmIydTZhBHNlYwNwcm9mBHZ0aWQDSTAwMV83MA--/SIG=124etjqkt/EXP=1158481958/**http%3a//static.flickr.com/1/105316_7ca0d611fb.jpg
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5qhOtwtFPagA4GqjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBsdmIydTZhBHNlYwNwcm9mBHZ0aWQDSTAwMV83MA--/SIG=12dgcat49/EXP=1158482126/**http%3a//www.eggs.ab.ca/recipes/basics/images/scrambled.jpg

Written By: Dominic L. on 09/16/06 at 9:50 am

I sometimes have them scrambled, but I prefer them fried, and on bread!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/16/06 at 3:07 pm

I want eggs for breakfast.  http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5x_OtQtF.EYBcpSjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBsdmIydTZhBHNlYwNwcm9mBHZ0aWQDSTAwMV83MA--/SIG=12d2hbqv4/EXP=1158481742/**http%3a//www.eggsrecipes.com/images/12-easy-egg-recipes.jpg

Seeing that pic reminds me of "This is your brain. This is brain on drugs. This is brain on drugs with a side order of bacon".  :D ;D ;D ;D

As for me, I love eggs every which way-fried, scrambled, poached, hard boiled,  etc. etc. I love deviled eggs. Egg McMuffins (the only thing at Micky D's, that I like)  and whenever I can get it, Eggs Benedict. YUMMY!!!

Cat

Written By: lorac61469 on 09/16/06 at 3:08 pm

I don't eat them very often but when I do, I like them fried.

When I was pregnant with my son I craved soft boiled eggs, with toast.  Never ate them before and I haven't had them since.

Written By: deadrockstar on 09/16/06 at 11:39 pm

Deviled eggs are da bomb. :D

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 09/16/06 at 11:56 pm

Eggs... in the morning? I tend to eat eggs for the nightly meal, breakfast in reserved for things like cereal than I can make whilst still half asleep.

I prefer them fried. Not a fan of scrambled or poached eggs.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 09/16/06 at 11:59 pm

Eggs... in the morning?

Yes, because here in the States eggs are considered breakfast food.  Go into any restaurant/diner in the morning, and eggs of some kind will be on the menu.  You can't get Egg McMuffins at Mickey D's past 11am....because that's when they stop serving breakfast.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 09/17/06 at 12:01 am

[quote author=

Written By: Sister Morphine on 09/17/06 at 12:04 am

I've never had eggs for breakfast, sorry. Obviously not the thing to do down here.

Wasn't picking on the Aussies for not doing so.....you just sounded surprised that we eat eggs for breakfast.  Of course we eat them at any time of the day, but it's mostly breakfast.

Written By: mandamoo on 09/17/06 at 1:44 am

[quote author=

Written By: Sister Morphine on 09/17/06 at 1:57 am

Aussies eat them for breakfast. Luke's a Kiwi  ;)

I guess New Zealanders don't eat them for breakfast, then.  :P

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 09/17/06 at 3:45 am

[quote author=

Written By: Ashkicksass on 09/17/06 at 1:38 pm

I like them soft boiled with lots of salt and pepper, or over easy so I can dip my toast in the yolk.  I'm not a fan of scrambled eggs.

Written By: nally on 09/17/06 at 1:40 pm

I usually like to eat mine scrambled. :)

Written By: karen on 09/18/06 at 8:09 am

I noticed lots of people said they like them 'over easy'.  I've never worked out what that means.  Not a description used here.

For the Brits.  Does anyone remember an ad from the seventies where a landlady asks someone "how do you want your eggs, fried or boiled?" and then he goes off into a daydream "Or poached.  Or...." and asks for something which gets the reply "What's that, fried or boiled?"

Written By: Ashkicksass on 09/18/06 at 10:31 am

I noticed lots of people said they like them 'over easy'.  I've never worked out what that means.  Not a description used here.

It's a fried egg turned "over easy" so the yolk doesn't break.  Perfect for toast.  :) 

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/18/06 at 11:37 am

It's a fried egg turned "over easy" so the yolk doesn't break.  Perfect for toast.   :)   
Eggsactly!

Written By: Tam on 09/18/06 at 11:45 am

I love eggs!
Hubby has high cholesterol though so when we have eggs he can only have the whites! ;)

I love eggs over medium, hard boiled, soft boiled, poached and scrambled.
I particularly love omelette's with mozzarella cheese and bell peppers!

Written By: Suicidal Blonde on 09/18/06 at 12:26 pm

Just scrambled for me.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 09/18/06 at 4:54 pm

It's when you flip the egg over so that the egg white covering the yolk cooks and keeps the yolk from breaking .  I still like my yolk a little runny so that I can dip my toast in it.

Written By: Paul on 09/18/06 at 4:59 pm

It's a fried egg turned "over easy" so the yolk doesn't break.  

The opposite of 'sunny side up'...

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 09/18/06 at 5:13 pm

The only time I've ever been able to eat eggs that were cooked with a soft yolk is when I was pregnant with my son...otherwise they have to be cooked through and through!  :o

Written By: Sister Morphine on 09/18/06 at 5:14 pm

The only time I've ever been able to eat eggs that were cooked with a soft yolk is when I was pregnant with my son...otherwise they have to be cooked through and through!  :o

Dipping buttered toast in the egg yolks is the best part, to me.  Yumm.  :)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 09/18/06 at 5:27 pm

[quote author=

Written By: Step-chan on 09/18/06 at 5:40 pm

I don't eat eggs very often, but when I do, it's usually just the egg whites, I rarely eat whole eggs.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 09/18/06 at 6:35 pm

It goes like this...

Get the fying pan on (with a dash of oil, natch!) and beat up a couple of eggs in a fairly large bowl, add salt and pepper if you're that way inclined...

Then take a couple of 'doorstops' of bread (any type) and 'soak' the bread slice into the beaten egg for about a minute...

Transfer the sodden mass immediately to the frying pan...a minute or so each side should do...

Ready to eat, or you can slap melted cheese on top...

Packed to the gills with cholesterol, but very nice!
If you add some milk to the eggs, it becomes "french toast".  We usually eat it with butter & syrup or powdered sugar.  Personally, I prefer mine with butter and regular sugar because I'm fairly picky about my syrup.

AFA eggs go, anything but Eggs Benedict or with runny whites.  Preferably fried in some good bacon grease with a little bit of salt and pepper.  My grandma used to cook a pound of bacon or so, then fry some eggs in it and "cooked" the top part of the white (instead of turning it over) by splashing some of the grease over the top of it......heart attack on a plate ;D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 09/18/06 at 6:38 pm

If you add some milk to the eggs, it becomes "french toast".  We usually eat it with butter & syrup or powdered sugar.  Personally, I prefer mine with butter and regular sugar because I'm fairly picky about my syrup.

My mom makes the best french toast.  She puts cream, not milk in the batter and she puts vanilla and cinammon in it.  *dies*    I eat it with syrup and powdered sugar. 

I also like my eggs cooked in bacon grease.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 09/18/06 at 6:40 pm

[quote author=

Written By: Sister Morphine on 09/18/06 at 6:45 pm

I usually put a little bit of vanilla in the batter and use cinnamon/sugar on the top.  I've also made it with cinnamon swirl bread and it's YUMMY!!!

My mom's never used cinammon swirl bread, but she has used cinammon raisin bread. 

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 09/18/06 at 6:53 pm

[quote author=

Written By: Tam on 09/18/06 at 9:03 pm

Here's a recipe I found and tried out tonight.
I substituted the creole seasoning with italian seasoning though.
Turned out delicious!

Baked Eggs

6 teaspoons butter
6 eggs
6 teaspoons grated cheese
6 teaspoons crumbled bacon or Bac-O's
6 teaspoons minced parsley
Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning
Worcestershire sauce
Paprika
Using a 6-cup muffin tin, place 1 teaspoon butter in each muffin cup. Gently break egg into each cup and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon cheese, 1 teaspoon bacon and 1 teaspoon parsley. Add Tony's, Worcestershire sauce, and paprika to taste. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until eggs are done to desired consistency.

Serve with cheese grits, strawberry bread, sausage, and fresh fruit. Delicious Southern breakfast!

Serves: 4 to 6.

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/18/06 at 9:36 pm

[quote author=

Written By: Gis on 09/19/06 at 3:39 am

Favorite guilty egg pleasure:

Ingredients:

- Whatever you usually do for French toast.
- A few thin and flat squares of chocolate from a 100g bar (Lindt 70% excellence, Lindt regional, Valrhona, etc, you know the form factor)

Recipe:

1. Make grilled cheese sandwiches, except...
2. Instead of bread, use two slices of French toast.
3. Instead of cheese, use a few thin and flat (Lindt 70% excellence, Valrhona, etc) slices of chocolate from a 100g bar. 

Basically, you get everything set up, bread soaked, and you fry the outsides of one piece of French toast.  On top of the piece of French toast, you place the chocolate.  When it starts to melt, you slap the second piece of (raw) French toast onto the chocolate.  Then you flip it over and cook the other side of the second slice.

If you time it right, you end up with a double-thick slice of French toast...  crispy and golden brown on both sides.  And inside, the egg's just barely congealed, and you've got some nice warm melted chocolate as a pleasant surprise inside.

Dust with powdered sugar, etc.  Serve immediately.
Definatly a heartattack on a plate.................sounds lovely though! I've done it with mashed banana rather than chocolate that's good too.

Written By: holicman on 09/20/06 at 9:32 am

For those that dont have a sweet tooth :

Fry or poach an egg or two, cook toast to personal preference, spread Vegemite,marmite or pro mite to toast and make sure that the egg yolk is runny and dripping over the toast.

One of the tastiest ways to eat egg on toast :)

Written By: spaceace on 10/14/06 at 5:59 pm

I like mine scrambled, with mushrooms and cheese.  I also like them soft boiled so I can put the egg on buttered toast.

Written By: Step-chan on 10/15/06 at 2:33 pm

Deviled eggs are da bomb. :D

I can't eat them myself.

Written By: whitewolf on 10/15/06 at 4:30 pm

fried or boiled

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/16/06 at 1:36 pm

fried or boiled
Poached?

Written By: danootaandme on 10/16/06 at 2:21 pm

Poached?

Easy Poached Eggs

There is a trick to easily making poached eggs that hold together.

First bring water in a saucepan to almost boiling. If the water is already boiling, lower the heat until it is no longer boiling. Add a couple teaspoons of vinegar to the water. Vinegar allows the egg whiles to congeal more easily. Crack open and gently drop the eggs into the water, one by one. With a spoon, nudge the eggwhites closer to their yolks. This will help the egg whites hold together.

Turn off the heat. Cover. Let sit for 3 minutes, until the egg whites are cooked.

Lift eggs out of pan with a slotted spoon.

Alternatively, the truly easiest way to make poached eggs is with an egg poacher.

Fill the bottom of the pan with 1/2 an inch of water. Bring to a boil. Crack an egg into one of the stick-free egg cups. Cover. Wait 3-4 minutes and remove from heat. Lift up the handle of the egg cup and slide the poached egg out onto a plate. Sometimes we add a little dab of butter to the bottom of the egg cup before putting the raw egg into it to make it easier for the egg to slide out.

Written By: Gis on 10/17/06 at 8:14 am

No, no. no here is the definitive way to poach an egg..............enjoy.  ;D

http://www.b3ta.com/features/howtopoachanegg/ 

Written By: whitewolf on 10/17/06 at 7:09 pm

Poached?

nope can't stand poached eggs- it's either fried over easy or hard boiled ( I don't like any part of the white to be runny)

Written By: Stompgal on 11/23/06 at 1:13 pm

I usually have a cooked breakfast  on Sunday mornings and I either have my eggs fried or scrambled. I also like gypsy bread and there's a recipe for it in my student recipe book. There's a suggestion for sweet eggy bread and there is also an idea of eating the savoury version with baked beans and brown sauce.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/24/06 at 6:24 pm

The incredable eatable egg!  :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Gis on 11/27/06 at 3:00 am

The incredable eatable egg!  :D ;D ;D

Cat
Amen to that! I had poached eggs on saturday and a boiled egg yesterday, they are my weekend food. 

Written By: Dude111 on 11/09/07 at 7:50 pm

Sunny side up is my fav!!!!!

Also Scrambled is fine.....

I sprinkle a little pepper on,ah man!!!!

Written By: coqueta83 on 11/09/07 at 7:57 pm

Scrambled, hard boiled, and an omelet with cheese and veggies.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/09/07 at 11:25 pm

I like eggs cooked almost way, except sunny side up and I'm not a fan of eggs Benedict

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 11/09/07 at 11:39 pm

Fried eggs mostly. Occasionally an omelette with chopped bacon, chopped tomato, grated cheese, onion, salt & pepper. Otherwise it's fried eggs on toast.

And eggs are rarely a "breakfast" food here, except in restaurants. Eggs are more often eaten at tea (dinner) often on the weekend as a quick meal alongside fried sausages & baked beans or whatever.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 11/09/07 at 11:42 pm

Also, what does "sunny side up" mean? I've never heard this term before.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/09/07 at 11:44 pm

Also, what does "sunny side up" mean? I've never heard this term before.
they're fried, but they are not flipped so the yolk looks like a little sun

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/117/316215680_4d1342020f.jpg?v=0

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 11/09/07 at 11:48 pm

they're fried, but they are not flipped so the yolk looks like a little sun

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/117/316215680_4d1342020f.jpg?v=0
Oh, that makes sense! The yellow bit (the "sun") is facing up!  ::)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/10/07 at 12:15 am

hahah..you all are going to laugh...but I simply REFUSE to eat eggs..unless that nasty slimy embryo is taken out! ;D :D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/10/07 at 12:24 am

hahah..you all are going to laugh...but I simply REFUSE to eat eggs..unless that nasty slimy embryo is taken out! ;D :D
uggh, that gnarly little white thing is gross isn't it  8-P

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/10/07 at 12:37 am

uggh, that gnarly little white thing is gross isn't it  8-P

it's grosser than gross. I just will NOT eat them w/o it being removed.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/10/07 at 1:06 am

it's grosser than gross. I just will NOT eat them w/o it being removed.
at least it's not a little chicken fetus  8-P

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/10/07 at 1:14 am

at least it's not a little chicken fetus  8-P

eww....super super gross. 8-P

Written By: Midas on 11/10/07 at 1:45 am

Whoa, I missed this one.

¡Quiero rancheros de huevos!  :D

I usually eat them scrambled, with cheese, salt & pepper.  Or in a breakfast burrito.  The café at work makes those.  I could go for one now.

I also like sunnyside up, poached and hard boiled.  I don't like deviled eggs.  8-P

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/10/07 at 1:57 am

Whoa, I missed this one.

¡Quiero rancheros de huevos!   :D

I had homemade huevos ranceros once and they were fantastic
not sure why I've never had them since.  ???

Written By: Brigitte on 11/10/07 at 9:04 am

I like eggs but I only seem to have them once a month or so, I like eggs Bennidict a lot & GREEN EGGS & HAM!(like Dr. Suess)

Written By: Midas on 11/11/07 at 7:23 pm

I had homemade huevos ranceros once and they were fantastic
not sure why I've never had them since.  ???

I don't have them all that often, but they're really good.

There's a really nice restaurant in Snottsdale AZ called The Quilted Bear that serves great huevos rancheros. :) 

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/11/07 at 7:28 pm

I don't have them all that often, but they're really good.

There's a really nice restaurant in Snottsdale AZ called The Quilted Bear that serves great huevos rancheros. :) 
then that's where I will go for breakfast if I'm ever in Scottsdale, but I think I'm gonna check the menus of the places around here and see if I can find some.

Written By: sugar168 on 11/11/07 at 10:12 pm

i can only eat them burnt...my dad would mix milk into the scrambled ones growing up...so they always were runny and icky...so now they must be cooked and browned....

Written By: gumbypiz on 11/15/07 at 3:04 am

i can only eat them burnt...my dad would mix milk into the scrambled ones growing up...so they always were runny and icky...so now they must be cooked and browned....

Eww and yuck. The smell of burnt eggs is enough to make me gag.

Burning anything seems counterproductive, its of no real talent or training to "burn" anything.
I mean you're not really cooking anything if your goal is to "burn" it.

Eggs are best sunny side up, over easy, or soft scrambled (w/cheese).
Perfect 3min soft boiled eggs and omelettes are good too, if you know what you're doing. Anything else is inedible.

Written By: sugar168 on 11/15/07 at 7:59 pm

Eww and yuck. The smell of burnt eggs is enough to make me gag.

Burning anything seems counterproductive, its of no real talent or training to "burn" anything.
I mean you're not really cooking anything if your goal is to "burn" it.

Eggs are best sunny side up, over easy, or soft scrambled (w/cheese).
Perfect 3min soft boiled eggs and omelettes are good too, if you know what you're doing. Anything else is inedible.

NOPE I LIKE THEM HOW I LIKE THEM!!!

Written By: gumbypiz on 11/16/07 at 4:08 am

NOPE I LIKE THEM HOW I LIKE THEM!!!

Yuck.  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nut.gif 'Nuff said.
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/08/remykiss.gif

Written By: ladybug316 on 11/16/07 at 3:42 pm

My Mom always made what we called "Egg in the Middle"

You take a piece of bread, press out a perfect little circle with a shot glass and set the circle aside.

Add bread to hot buttered pan, then break the egg into the hole.  Cook to desired consistency and carefully flip and cook on the other side.

If this is done for about 2-3 minutes on each side, it will be nice and runny when broken into.  You can use the uncooked circle of bread to dip; it's great!

Written By: nondiva234 on 12/13/07 at 1:07 am

Very creative! I'll try that sometime!

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/13/07 at 3:53 am

My Mom always made what we called "Egg in the Middle"

You take a piece of bread, press out a perfect little circle with a shot glass and set the circle aside.

Add bread to hot buttered pan, then break the egg into the hole.  Cook to desired consistency and carefully flip and cook on the other side.

If this is done for about 2-3 minutes on each side, it will be nice and runny when broken into.  You can use the uncooked circle of bread to dip; it's great!

Was that cooked in the movie V For Vendetta?

Written By: ladybug316 on 12/13/07 at 9:50 am

Was that cooked in the movie V For Vendetta?
I have never seen that movie.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/13/07 at 9:52 am

I have never seen that movie.
I think is is the recipe from V For Vendetta.

Eggy In A Basket

Written By: ladybug316 on 12/13/07 at 9:54 am

I think is is the recipe from V For Vendetta.

Eggy In A Basket
Yes!  That's exactly it. 

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/13/07 at 9:55 am

Yes!  That's exactly it. 
...and tomorrow morning we all be cooking it for breakfast.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 12/13/07 at 7:39 pm

I like my eggs scrambled or in omelet style. I don't like them over easy or Benedict style. Let's just say I like them cooked - I don't like slushy eggs.

Written By: robby76 on 12/15/07 at 6:35 am

Scrambled with lashings of white pepper... on toast... with the occasional dip of ketchup.  :D

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/19/07 at 6:40 pm

You should try Poached Eggs Burgundian.

Written By: Gis on 12/20/07 at 4:33 am

You should try Poached Eggs Burgundian.
What's different about them compared to standard poached eggs?

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/20/07 at 1:52 pm

For one thing, you don't use burgundy in standard poached eggs.
The recipe is a bit different, as is mode of preparation.

I will see about finding the recipe.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/20/07 at 1:53 pm

Are poached eggs ones that have been shoplifted from a supermarket?

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/20/07 at 1:55 pm

Are poached eggs ones that have been shoplifted from a supermarket?

No, they're the ones eaten out-of-season.

Check for new replies or respond here...