inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Chutney, Relish and other Condiments

Written By: Tam on 10/10/06 at 2:19 pm

Obviously, we all have different tastes.

I like sweet tomato and garlic chutney on sausages.

Mustard and Relish on Hot Dogs

Mayo, ketchup, relish, mustard on Hamburgers

Mustard and Mayo on sandwiches like turkey, chicken and ham

So many combinations, so little time! ;D

What do you like on yours?

Subject: Re: Chutney, Relish and other Condiments

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/10/06 at 2:53 pm

I put ranch dressing on sandwiches and french fries.

I don't really care for ketchup and mustard except for on hot dogs and hamburgers.

I love fire sauce - I put it on all of the Mexican food I eat - the hotter the better! 

Written By: Step-chan on 10/10/06 at 4:11 pm

Ketchup on hot dogs

Barbeque sauce on chicken, turkey.

Hot Sauce on chicken, fish, tomato soup.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/10/06 at 8:19 pm

I love hot sauce...but, it doesn't like me anymore (i have a stomach ulcer). I used to put it on everything.  I like honey mustard on chicken sandwiches..that, or mayo.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 10/10/06 at 8:32 pm

Ketchup belongs on french fries NOT on hot dogs.  Mustard belongs on hot dogs.  I like honey mustard on chicken sandwiches, I hate relish EXCEPT when it's in tuna salad.  I also like dijononnaise on hamburgers, whenever I eat them.

Written By: whistledog on 10/10/06 at 8:35 pm

I usually only have my Hot Dogs with Ketchup, though sometimes I will put onions, Mustard and Relish as well.

I always have Mayo on my Hamburgers.  Whenever I go to Harvey's (Canadian fast food chain), I only ever get my Burgers with Onions, Mayo and sometimes Hot Peppers)

I never put anything on my Fries other than Gravy. 

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/10/06 at 8:35 pm

[quote author=

Written By: Sister Morphine on 10/10/06 at 8:43 pm

I have always eaten ketchup on my hot dogs...I don't like regular mustard on anything...honey mustard has always been the only kind of mustard that I could stand.  As for french fries..I used to use ketchup..but now I either eat them plain, or I dip them in ranch dressing.

If you put ketchup on a hot dog in Chicago, you will be laughed at; I've seen it happen.  A Chicago style hot dog is mustard, onions, celery salt, tomatoes and pickles.  Some people put jalepenos on it, but I can't stand them so I order them without. 

And I can't stand ranch dressing UNLESS it's in the powder form and my mom uses it to make oyster crackers.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/10/06 at 8:47 pm

[quote author=

Written By: whistledog on 10/10/06 at 8:49 pm

[quote author=

Written By: Sister Morphine on 10/10/06 at 8:49 pm

I guess I would be the laughing stock then..because that sounds absolutely revolting to me.  I despise celery & tomatoes....pickles are okay, but only if they are dill and on a burger. :D

You can take things off the hot dog, you know.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 10/10/06 at 8:50 pm

celery on a hot dog?  Those ain't no normal hot dogs

Celery SALT, not celery.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/10/06 at 8:51 pm

[quote author=

Written By: Brian06 on 10/10/06 at 8:52 pm

I have always eaten ketchup on my hot dogs...I don't like regular mustard on anything...honey mustard has always been the only kind of mustard that I could stand.  As for french fries..I used to use ketchup..but now I either eat them plain, or I dip them in ranch dressing.

Me too. I'm alright with ketchup and onion on hot dogs.

Written By: whistledog on 10/10/06 at 8:53 pm

[quote author=

Written By: Tam on 10/10/06 at 9:39 pm

To talk about people getting laughed at.....

Tons of my friends and family back home dip their french fries in Mayo.
Of course, they get that from Quebec and I think it is the most disgusting thing in the world. Thank goodness I don't have to eat it! lol

My sister used to melt marshmellows and pour it over popcorn
I also dip my french fries in mustard and ketchup - that is if there isn't any gravy available! ;)

Written By: whistledog on 10/10/06 at 9:47 pm

To talk about people getting laughed at.....

Tons of my friends and family back home dip their french fries in Mayo.
Of course, they get that from Quebec and I think it is the most disgusting thing in the world. Thank goodness I don't have to eat it! lol

My sister used to melt marshmellows and pour it over popcorn
I also dip my french fries in mustard and ketchup - that is if there isn't any gravy available! ;)

You should never eat fries if there is no gravy around.  Whenever I go to a restaurant, if they don't have gravy for the fries, I get up and I go to another restaurant ;D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 10/10/06 at 9:51 pm

You should never eat fries if there is no gravy around.  Whenever I go to a restaurant, if they don't have gravy for the fries, I get up and I go to another restaurant ;D

I hope you're not serious.  That's a rather ridiculous reason to not patronize a restaurant.

Written By: whistledog on 10/10/06 at 9:53 pm

[quote author=

Written By: DJ Midas on 10/10/06 at 10:52 pm

[quote author=

Written By: Sister Morphine on 10/10/06 at 10:55 pm

I would think it isn't ridiculous, as it's quite typical up in Canada.

Yeah, but poor service, it not being maintained, rude waiters/staff.....aren't those real reasons not to go to a restaurant?  If I like caesar salad with calamari, but my fave restaurant doesn't have it, I'm not going to stop going there. 

Written By: DJ Midas on 10/10/06 at 11:07 pm

[quote author=

Written By: Sister Morphine on 10/10/06 at 11:15 pm

I'll agree with the service/maintenance and rudeness and add in horrible food, but what's the big deal? If Jason wanted to eat just fries with gravy and they didn't have gravy, why eat there? 

I guess to me it's one thing to say, "I'm hungry for X, and this place doesn't have it, so I'll eat somewhere else today" and saying "Just because they don't have X, I'll never eat here again, whether I'm hungry for it or not".

I'm weird like that, I guess.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 10/10/06 at 11:26 pm

oh, i am.  i cannot eat fries without gravy
wtf is french fry gravy ?  ;D  dude, we're on the same friggin continent and we don't have that here unless it's a bbq based gravy like they have here at some of the bbq joints where you can ask for sauce on your fries, and I do and it rocks!  Hey Jason, maybe you're not so different after all  ;D 

I like Tabasco on my bologna & cheese sandwiches, on my mexican food, on my italian food, i like it in chinese fried rice.  I like mustard the most on my burgers & dogs but will have mayo on a burger or a sandwich. I like a combination of spicy brown (Guldens & yellow mustard) on my sausages and hot dogs. I don't think I've ever eaten chutney & probably won't just because the name kinda freaks me out. I love pickles on sanwiches, burgers, dogs, in my tunafish. & I only like dill, not sweet. I love ranch dip for fresh vegies and potatoe skins.  & I love celery salt

Written By: whistledog on 10/10/06 at 11:34 pm

wtf is french fry gravy ?  ;D   dude, we're on the same friggin continent and we don't have that here unless it's a bbq based gravy like they have here at some of the bbq joints where you can ask for sauce on your fries, and I do and it rocks!  Hey Jason, maybe you're not so different after all  ;D 

I like Tabasco on my bologna & cheese sandwiches, on my mexican food, on my italian food, i like it in chinese fried rice.  I like mustard the most on my burgers & dogs but will have mayo on a burger or a sandwich. I like a combination of spicy brown (Guldens & yellow mustard) on my sausages and hot dogs. I don't think I've ever eaten chutney & probably won't just because the name kinda freaks me out. I love pickles on sanwiches, burgers, dogs, in my tunafish. & I only like dill, not sweet. I love ranch dip for fresh vegies and potatoe skins.   & I love celery salt

It's sort of a popular thing to do in Canada.  Most fast food restaurants across Canada serve Gravy for French Fries (McDonalds like being the only one that doesn't), and also have Poutine on the menu, which is cheese curds wth the gravy on the fries :)

McDonalds did once have Poutine and Gravy on the menu, but they jumped on the bandwagon too late, and it wasn't selling.  It wasn't really very good either.  Cost $2.99 for the Poutine and you hardly got any

Written By: Tam on 10/10/06 at 11:37 pm

wtf is french fry gravy ?  ;D   dude, we're on the same friggin continent and we don't have that here unless it's a bbq based gravy like they have here at some of the bbq joints where you can ask for sauce on your fries, and I do and it rocks!  Hey Jason, maybe you're not so different after all  ;D 

I like Tabasco on my bologna & cheese sandwiches, on my mexican food, on my italian food, i like it in chinese fried rice.  I like mustard the most on my burgers & dogs but will have mayo on a burger or a sandwich. I like a combination of spicy brown (Guldens & yellow mustard) on my sausages and hot dogs. I don't think I've ever eaten chutney & probably won't just because the name kinda freaks me out. I love pickles on sanwiches, burgers, dogs, in my tunafish. & I only like dill, not sweet. I love ranch dip for fresh vegies and potatoe skins.   & I love celery salt

Brown gravy basically.
But we also like turkey and chicken gravy on our fries too. ;)

^ You put dogs in your tunafish??!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Written By: DJ Midas on 10/10/06 at 11:40 pm

[quote author=

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 10/10/06 at 11:42 pm

It's sort of a popular thing to do in Canada.  Most fast food restaurants across Canada serve Gravy for French Fries (McDonalds like being the only one that doesn't), and also have Poutine on the menu, which is cheese curds wth the gravy on the fries :)

McDonalds did once have Poutine and Gravy on the menu, but they jumped on the bandwagon too late, and it wasn't selling.  It wasn't really very good either.  Cost $2.99 for the Poutine and you hardly got any
ya see, the name Poutine just turns me off before I try. well, if I'm ever in a place that serves up your food, I'm gonna try some, fries w/gravy and poutine

Brown gravy basically.
But we also like turkey and chicken gravy on our fries too. ;)

^ You put dogs in your tunafish??!!!! ;D ;D ;D
did I say dogs  ;D  I meant pickles, diced kosher dill pickles in my tuna

I think the gravy would be good, now that i think about it my daughter Julie loves gravy on everything. Some of the Bay Area hickory pits like Emil Villas have a brown sauce you can get instead of the red bbq sauce and it's more gravy like and I always get that so I'm not so different than you Canucks after all.  :)

Written By: Tam on 10/10/06 at 11:54 pm

ya see, the name Poutine just turns me off before I try. well, if I'm ever in a place that serves up your food, I'm gonna try some, fries w/gravy and poutine

I think the gravy would be good, now that i think about it my daughter Julie loves gravy on everything. Some of the Bay Area hickory pits like Emil Villas have a brown sauce you can get instead of the red bbq sauce and it's more gravy like and I always get that so I'm not so different than you Canucks after all.  :)

Here is the poutine thread Mike.
It sounds worse than it actually is - you just might like it! ;)

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php/topic,20611.0.html

Written By: whistledog on 10/10/06 at 11:56 pm

Get some cheese curd, shred it over some fries, then cover it with Gravy.  It is heaven on earth.  So very tasty 8)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 10/10/06 at 11:57 pm

Cheese curd sounds like something a woman would see her doctor for.  How in the name of God is it appetizing?

Written By: Tam on 10/11/06 at 12:09 am

Thanks for sharing! :)

To each their own - as well all have different tastes anyway!

Written By: Sister Morphine on 10/11/06 at 12:12 am

Thanks for sharing! :)

No problem dear, but don't thank me......thank my friend Marie.  She used it first, I've merely been usurping it for my own entertainment.

Written By: whistledog on 10/11/06 at 12:15 am

[quote author=

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 10/11/06 at 12:15 am

Here is the poutine thread Mike.
It sounds worse than it actually is - you just might like it! ;)

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php/topic,20611.0.html
Thanks Tam, I'm sure I would. It's made from food i like, except one thing. another visual/verbiage thing here. the word curd just turns me off  ;D

Get some cheese curd, shred it over some fries, then cover it with Gravy.  It is heaven on earth.  So very tasty 8)
heaven on earth huh, well, Poutine sounds like poontang, so that's ok I guess  ;D  If you just called it fries with cheese and gravy, leave off the curd, I'm in!

Written By: Tanya1976 on 10/11/06 at 12:23 am

Mustard and relish on a hot dog (along with fried, or raw, onions and sauerkraut)

Mustard, Ketchup, and relish on a hamburger

Ketchup on friench fries; though I dip them in bbq sauce or blue cheese dressing, if given a chance

Blue cheese, not ranch, dressing with buffalo wings

Mustard on other sandwiches (I can only deal with mayo in salads, like potato, tuna, cole slaw, and macaroni, I don't understand why, though)

Hot sauce can be substituted for anything!! I love it!!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/11/06 at 12:28 am

We do something similar around here but instead of gravy, we mix barbecue sauce and mayo together and dip the cheese fries in it.  Good stuff.  I'll have to try the gravy sometime.  I've never met a gravy I didn't like!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 10/11/06 at 12:30 am

Mustard and relish on a hot dog (along with fried, or raw, onions and sauerkraut)

Mustard, Ketchup, and relish on a hamburger

Ketchup on friench fries; though I dip them in bbq sauce or blue cheese dressing, if given a chance

Blue cheese, not ranch, dressing with buffalo wings

Mustard on other sandwiches (I can only deal with mayo in salads, like potato, tuna, cole slaw, and macaroni, I don't understand why, though)

Hot sauce can be substituted for anything!! I love it!!

I have never liked relish or sauerkraut on my dogs or sausages. My mom used to make homemade kraut & I hated it  ;D  but one day I'll try it just for her, God rest her soul  ;)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 10/11/06 at 12:33 am

I have never liked relish or sauerkraut on my dogs or sausages. My mom used to make homemade kraut & I hated it  ;D  but one day I'll try it just for her, God rest her soul  ;)

Oooh, onions and sauerkraut on a hot dog with some mustard?  DELICIOUS.

Written By: Tam on 10/11/06 at 12:35 am

Sauerkraut - something about fermented cabbage just doesn't do it for me! lol

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 10/11/06 at 12:37 am

[quote author=

Written By: Sister Morphine on 10/11/06 at 12:43 am

you like kraut?  I'm gonna have to give it a go sometime

I love sauerkraut.  Whenever my dad cooks sausages on the grill, sometimes he'll heat up some sauerkraut to put on top.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 10/11/06 at 12:44 am

[quote author=

Written By: Sister Morphine on 10/11/06 at 12:46 am

It looks good, but it's a mental block for me. One day I shall conquer sauerkraut

I never had the opportunity to meet her, but my father's paternal grandmother who came from Germany, would make it from scratch in the basement of their home.  He said he grew up despising it because of the smell, but after he and my mom married and she made it for him, he started liking it.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 10/11/06 at 1:06 am

[quote author=

Written By: danootaandme on 10/11/06 at 8:26 am

Never never put ketchup on hot dogs  yukka.  I like relish and mustard, or sauerkraut and mustard, love a good sauerkraut.  Burgers get double duty ketchup, pickles, onions.  I like malt vinegar and salt on fries, if none available then ketchup.  :)

Written By: Jessica on 10/11/06 at 9:04 am

I like malt vinegar and salt on fries, if none available then ketchup.   :)

Salt and vinegar is awesome on fries. That's why I adore the salt & vinegar chips (crisps to you Brits :D).

Yeah. I love the sauerkraut on the dogs, along with some spicy mustard. Burgers get slathered with ketchup and mustard and a dab of Miracle Whip.

And I'd try poutine. It sounds interesting.

Written By: lorac61469 on 10/11/06 at 11:14 am

I could live without ketchup...I like chili, mayo, mustard, onions ans sometimes slaw on a hotdog.  Burgers I eat with mayo, if I cook them I sautee some onions and mushrooms to go on top.  Fries, plain or bacon/cheddar/ranch fries.  I've had fries with gravy, yummy!!  Not a fan of relish but I like sweet chutney.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 10/11/06 at 3:10 pm

[quote author=

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 10/11/06 at 5:16 pm

It's pure hot dog heaven. I wouldn't have any other way!!!

Badfinger, you should really try it. I wouldn't steer you wrong!
Tanya, your powers of persuasion have worked because I am gonna try one tomorrow at the local hot dog joint here Caspers, I'll dog with kraut, mustard and onions and I'll give you guys my review tomorrow. I'm ready to enter the gates to hot dog heaven  :)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 10/11/06 at 5:22 pm

I prefer sandwiches more on the 'plain' side...and I'll usually only have mustard on them (I despise mayonnaise)...

For hamburgers, I like a little ketchup or barbecue sauce...

For hot dogs, I like a little mustard and a little ketchup...and lots of chopped onions!  :D

Written By: karen on 10/12/06 at 3:59 am

Hot dogs and burgers either tomato ketchup or mustard.

chips (fries) has to be salt and vinegar with a small amount of ketchup on the side.

Depending on the sandwich filling I might have mayo, coleslaw , mustard, homemade tomato chutney or Branston pickle.  If I go to Subway then I either have mayo, sweet onion or honey mustard. 

Can anyone describe the taste of ranch dressing?

Written By: whistledog on 10/12/06 at 2:49 pm

Can anyone describe the taste of ranch dressing?

It's a mixture of sour cream, mayo and buttermilk.  It has a tangy taste to it and it goes good with everything :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 10/12/06 at 3:47 pm

It's pure hot dog heaven. I wouldn't have any other way!!!

Badfinger, you should really try it. I wouldn't steer you wrong!
I had my first ever kraut dog today, w/extra mustard and chopped onion.  as for my review on it, well, I really think I need to have a 2nd one with a little bit more sauerkraut on it just so I can give an accurate account.  ;D

It was hecka good and you did not steer me wrong Tanya. The only problem is I love the cheese dogs, with a mountain of shredded cheddar but I wouldn't want cheese & kraut, so maybe I need to get one of each. 
thanks to all the sauerkraut lovers for getting me to overcome my fears.

Written By: KKay on 10/12/06 at 3:50 pm

I"m a firm believer that food is merely a vehicle for sauces and condiments.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 10/12/06 at 8:01 pm

I"m a firm believer that food is merely a vehicle for sauces and condiments.
nicely said. ya gotta luv the condiments and to get that mustard and relish and onions you need a vehicle, like a hot dog. the perfect transport

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/12/06 at 8:03 pm

nicely said. ya gotta luv the condiments and to get that mustard and relish and onions you need a vehicle, like a hot dog. the perfect transport

hahah...the talk about condiments reminds me of my wacko ex-husband....he used to actually get mad at me for putting any kind of sauce on my food....he used to say, "you can't get the good taste of the food with putting all of that sauce on"...hahaha...so, I would dump a whole bunch more on...just to piss him off! :D ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 10/12/06 at 8:07 pm

hahah...the talk about condiments reminds me of my wacko ex-husband....he used to actually get mad at me for putting any kind of sauce on my food....he used to say, "you can't get the good taste of the food with putting all of that sauce on"...hahaha...so, I would dump a whole bunch more on...just to piss him off! :D ;D
good for you, that's the spirit!!!  ;D

Written By: Gis on 10/13/06 at 3:30 am

[quote author=

Written By: KKay on 10/13/06 at 8:20 am

fries get melted cheese and russian dressing.
hamburgers get mayo
hotdogs get relish mustard onions chili cheese.....old phone books...you name it!
tuna fish...new category...I LOVE ketchup on my tuna salad sandwich.  I love ketchup on bologna too.  I love cream cheese and sardines.

condiments are good.  embrace them.

Written By: Gis on 10/13/06 at 9:04 am

fries get melted cheese and russian dressing.
hamburgers get mayo
hotdogs get relish mustard onions chili cheese.....old phone books...you name it!
tuna fish...new category...I LOVE ketchup on my tuna salad sandwich.  I love ketchup on bologna too.  I love cream cheese and sardines.

condiments are good.  embrace them.
I may have to try the ketchup on tuna thing, I LOVE tuna MMmmm. At the moment I'm into Dill mayo on my tuna sandwiches.

Written By: KKay on 10/13/06 at 9:33 am

I may have to try the ketchup on tuna thing, I LOVE tuna MMmmm. At the moment I'm into Dill mayo on my tuna sandwiches.

Ok..now I have to go find some food...

Written By: Gis on 10/13/06 at 10:17 am

Ok..now I have to go find some food...
;D Enjoy!

Written By: KKay on 10/13/06 at 10:22 am

;D Enjoy!

OK..today will be calzone, sauce on the side...
last night i had indian food...but love that coriander chutney!  and the mango chutney!  and the red onion stuff!  and that purple stuff no one knows what it is!  Great condiment culture.

Written By: Tam on 10/13/06 at 11:27 am

Tuna Fish!!!! omg I love tuna fish!!!

I dice up dill pickles and put it in my tuna. Then add miracle whip light and a dash of salt.
Sooooooooo good!!!

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 10/13/06 at 2:36 pm

Fries, if they're really good, need nothing except for a good sprinkling of salt!  :D

Written By: Paul on 10/13/06 at 2:56 pm

A cheese sandwich is not a cheese sandwich without a good dollop of Branston pickle inside it...

(For the uninitiated, Branston is a brand name of sweet pickle...)

I almost had a minor heart attack last year when their factory caught alight and production halted...you just couldn't get the stuff anywhere!

I tell you, Branston at that point had a 'street value' higher than cocaine!

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 10/13/06 at 3:12 pm

A cheese sandwich is not a cheese sandwich without a good dollop of Branston pickle inside it...

(For the uninitiated, Branston is a brand name of sweet pickle...)

I almost had a minor heart attack last year when their factory caught alight and production halted...you just couldn't get the stuff anywhere!

I tell you, Branston at that point had a 'street value' higher than cocaine!

Now you've got me feeling like I'm missing out on something really good!  :D

I wonder if those would be available anywhere here in Hawaii... ???

Written By: Paul on 10/13/06 at 3:18 pm

Now you've got me feeling like I'm missing out on something really good!  :D

It's probably an 'acquired' taste...most of the foods I like are!  ;)

I wonder if those would be available anywhere here in Hawaii... ???

As it's 'unknown' in US territories, I'd guess that you'd have to get the stuff imported (and pay a pretty penny for the privilege)...

The closest thing that comes to it is standard chutney, but even then the taste is markedly different...

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 10/13/06 at 3:25 pm

My tastebuds are pretty well developed, so I'm sure I'd get used these in no time!  ;)

As it's 'unknown' in US territories, I'd guess that you'd have to get the stuff imported (and pay a pretty penny for the privilege)...

Yes, it'd no doubt be quite costly if it has to cross several oceans!

Written By: Dominic L. on 10/13/06 at 4:46 pm

Tuna Fish!!!! omg I love tuna fish!!!

I dice up dill pickles and put it in my tuna. Then add miracle whip light and a dash of salt.
Sooooooooo good!!!

Onions, too!

Written By: Sister Morphine on 10/13/06 at 4:50 pm

In my tuna fish I like VERY LITTLE mayo and some pickle relish.  That's the only time I like pickle relish.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/13/06 at 7:44 pm

Hamburgers - Mayo, ketchup, mustard, bbq sauce and sometimes blue cheese dressing. I don't like relish, so I use real dill pickles, if available.

Hot Dogs - I'm just a plain girl when it comes to my dogs as I just like ketchup and mustard.

Chicken sandwiches (when I use to eat chicken) - I'd mix the grinded chicken with lots of mayo, garlic salt and some juice from a sweet pickle jar to add a little extra zest.

Written By: KKay on 10/13/06 at 7:48 pm

And Now, I"m off to home...dinner?  something something with soy sauce, duck sauce and hot mustard.

Written By: La Roche on 10/14/06 at 1:58 am

The closest thing that comes to it is standard chutney, but even then the taste is markedly different...

I found Branston in St. Louis, New York, Chicago and Memphis. You can find it, just search.  :)

Written By: Stompgal on 10/14/06 at 5:25 am

My favourite condiments include tomato ketchup, barbeque sauce and Honey Mustard sauce from Subway. I particularly like ketchup on chips, potato wedges and my cooked breakfast on Sunday mornings. Barbeque sauce is great as a dip and I especially like dipping McDonald's fries, potato wedges and chicken into it. Subway's Honey Mustard sauce goes well with ham, chicken and turkey.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 10/14/06 at 12:05 pm

In my tuna fish I like VERY LITTLE mayo and some pickle relish.  That's the only time I like pickle relish.

Like you, I have to have very little mayo. But I like pickle relish and onions along with my tuna fish.

Written By: Stompgal on 12/08/06 at 10:27 am

Ketchup and vinegar on chips and French fries
Ketchup, mayonnaise, mild mustard and relish in burgers
Ketchup in hot dogs
Mayonnaise, peanut butter and jam (not all together!) in sandwiches
Marmite, jam, peanut butter and chocolate spread on toast
Barbeque sauce with meats such as chicken and pork

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 12/13/06 at 8:59 am

Ketchup belongs on french fries NOT on hot dogs.  Mustard belongs on hot dogs.  I like honey mustard on chicken sandwiches, I hate relish EXCEPT when it's in tuna salad.  I also like dijononnaise on hamburgers, whenever I eat them.

Oooh, onions and sauerkraut on a hot dog with some mustard?  DELICIOUS.

Are you my twin?

I'm really not a big fan of ketchup....my grandma used to make it from scratch and it wasn't nearly as sweet as the stuff you buy so if I use ketchup, I have to put some mustard or salt in it to take away the sweetness.  Also not a fan of relish unless it's in tuna salad.  Give me mustard (preferably dijon), mayo or ranch dressing and I'm good to go.  Although, I do like a good cheese sauce to dip fries in :P

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/13/07 at 7:55 pm

I was just looking for a condiments thread..and here it is. I just wanted to say that lately I have been having a sick obsession with hot sauce...I just want to put in on everything!!! :D ;D

Written By: KKay on 04/13/07 at 8:11 pm

food is just a vehicle for condiments and sauce

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 04/17/07 at 5:57 pm

I am digging the Safeway brand of Honey Horseraddish. It's super tasty!

Written By: MLB on 04/25/07 at 10:50 pm

I sampled and purchased a very tasty Artichoke Dip in a specialty shop at the mall years ago.It was a bit chunky, so perhaps it was... I think the label was "chutney" but I'm not certain.    Usually I bring out salsa as my item of choice; when I want extra flavor on a Veggie burger, or Macaroni & Cheese casserole. And NO,  I don't add it to the whole casserole recipe :P just my own plate.  Plain ketchup is the next.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/26/07 at 2:02 am

I can confidently say that Tabasco is my favorite condiment & that I use it a lot. I love the stuff. I pour drops of it on chinese food, eggs, hamburgers, sandwiches, rice, potatoes, fried chicken, fish, etc. etc...

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5xadTDBGfYUBkCWjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBsMW5yM3VoBHNlYwNwcm9mBHZ0aWQDSTA2Nl84OA--/SIG=12jmv9gkm/EXP=1177656861/**http%3A//onlyconnect.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/tabasco_1.jpg

Check for new replies or respond here...