inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Weird combos

Written By: Barefoot_Blues on 10/23/06 at 2:36 pm

I'm sitting here eating a pickle and onion sandwich, and the thought crossed my mind. Who else eats weird things together?

Subject: Re: Weird combos

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/23/06 at 2:49 pm

I'm sitting here eating a pickle and onion sandwich, and the thought crossed my mind. Who else eats weird things together?

Just pickles and onions?  ???

I used to baby sit a little boy who would only eat mayonaise and mustard sandwiches. 

I like to dip my french fries and pizza in ranch dressing.  I also like to dip french fries in milk shake.  I guess that's pretty weird...

Written By: Barefoot_Blues on 10/23/06 at 3:10 pm

Just pickles and onions?  ???

I used to baby sit a little boy who would only eat mayonaise and mustard sandwiches. 

I like to dip my french fries and pizza in ranch dressing.  I also like to dip french fries in milk shake.  I guess that's pretty weird...

Yep just pickles and onions. I didn't feel like any meat.  I dip my pizza in ranch dressing too! :)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/23/06 at 3:21 pm

My cousin and I use to like adding butter to our cantaloupe. Mmm... it was so good.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 10/23/06 at 4:00 pm

I also like to dip french fries in milk shake.  I guess that's pretty weird...

Cringes at the thought...

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 10/23/06 at 4:04 pm

Sometimes I'll eat sliced bananas with a little bit of sugar covered in milk ( like cereal).  Other than that, the oddest combo I eat is dried beef sandwiches with cream cheese & pickles. :P

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/23/06 at 4:07 pm

Is ketchup on eggs weird?

Cat

Written By: Step-chan on 10/23/06 at 5:30 pm

Ice cream with Cinnamon Life cereal.

Vanilla ice cream mixed with peanut butter, blackberry jam and honey.

Written By: spaceace on 10/23/06 at 6:22 pm

Cat: I put ketchup on eggs.  I also put buttermilk ranch dressing on almost everything. (Haven't tried it on pizza yet)  I like balogna, onion and mayo sandwiches.  I also eat hard boiled eggs, tuna fish and mayo with a tiny bit of mustard.  Dump that in a bowl and that's food only I will eat!! :)

Written By: whistledog on 10/23/06 at 7:57 pm

Whenever I eat a can of Chef Boyardee Pasta, I often will sprinkle some Cheetos or Popcorn over it.  I've been doing that for over 20 years now

Sometimes I even dip my Peanut Butter sandwich in the pasta.  I don't know why I do that, but dang it just tastes so good

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/23/06 at 9:37 pm

I used to dip my green beans in mustard.  I like Arby's horsey sauce with french fries, I eat ketchup on my scrambled eggs, I like to put chocolate syrup in my diet pepsi, and I love drinking milk with ice cubes in it.

Written By: Dominic L. on 10/23/06 at 10:07 pm

I used to dip my green beans in mustard.  I like Arby's horsey sauce with french fries, I eat ketchup on my scrambled eggs, I like to put chocolate syrup in my diet pepsi, and I love drinking milk with ice cubes in it.

I put ketchup on my scrambled eggs, but that's about it.

Written By: Tam on 10/23/06 at 11:33 pm

hmmm.....

I put pickles in my tuna
Peanut butter on green peppers and carrots
Gravy on my french fries
Caesar salad in my pita bread
oOo, and I chop up pickled beets for my salad as well as bolied eggs.

Like Erin, I drink milk with ice. I can't drink it any other way. 8)

Written By: deadrockstar on 10/24/06 at 12:30 am

I always put potato chips on my cold cut sandwiches.

Written By: Barefoot_Blues on 10/24/06 at 7:59 am

I do that too! :)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/24/06 at 9:42 am

Cringes at the thought...

I thought the same thing when a friend did it, but you should really try it.  It's surprisingly good.

Written By: Gis on 10/24/06 at 10:28 am

Well apparently eating Tuna and sweetcorn on my pizza is weird judging by the reaction I got from everyone when I was in the U.S and asked for those toppings. ;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/24/06 at 10:46 am

Well apparently eating Tuna and sweetcorn on my pizza is weird judging by the reaction I got from everyone when I was in the U.S and asked for those toppings. ;D

Did they look like this?  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/eek7.gif  Because that's the face I just made...  ;)

Written By: lorac61469 on 10/24/06 at 11:02 am

I put chips on my tuna and chicken salad sandwiches.

I like to dip pizza in ranch dressing.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/24/06 at 12:40 pm

It seems that you are not alone in doing this. I have done this myself and one day I was surprised to see my mother do the same thing.

Cat

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/24/06 at 1:37 pm

peanut butter on saltine crackers

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/24/06 at 1:44 pm

That's good!

What about chocolate icing on Graham crackers? 

Written By: spaceace on 10/24/06 at 2:02 pm

I've done that!! :)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/24/06 at 2:03 pm

I've done that!! :)

It's really good!

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 10/24/06 at 3:11 pm

I ate that a lot when I was growing up!  :D

Written By: whistledog on 10/24/06 at 3:32 pm

I don't know if this is weird, or just common in Canada, but a turkey or chicken sandwich smothered in Gravy.  Just thinking about it makes me hungry

Written By: spaceace on 10/24/06 at 3:54 pm

I eat roast beef and gravy sandwiches, so I know where you're coming from!!! :)

Written By: Southern Image on 10/24/06 at 5:18 pm

I ate that a lot when I was growing up!  :D

Me too!

Written By: Southern Image on 10/24/06 at 5:20 pm

I dip my peanut butter sandwiches into chili.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 10/24/06 at 5:22 pm

I like putting lemon pepper on my kettle corn popcorn.  I guess that's as weird as it gets.  Some of these other combos you guys have posted made my stomach queasy.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/24/06 at 7:04 pm

I like putting lemon pepper on my kettle corn popcorn.  I guess that's as weird as it gets.  Some of these other combos you guys have posted made my stomach queasy.

My boyfriend did that once. It was interesting.

Written By: whistledog on 10/24/06 at 9:09 pm

I dip my peanut butter sandwiches into chili.

Yummy!  I do that too

Written By: Suicidal Blonde on 10/25/06 at 12:04 pm

I don't actually stick it on top, but I have to have chocolate right after I eat a tuna sandwich. Weird :D

Written By: Step-chan on 10/25/06 at 3:06 pm

Peanut Butter and margarine sandwich(I've done this a few times).

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/25/06 at 5:52 pm

Mmmm...yes, very good.  But I like mine with real butter - it's even better.

Written By: karen on 10/26/06 at 11:21 am

what's weird about that?  I would always make peanut butter sandwiches this way.  Unless you put loads of margarine on?

Written By: Step-chan on 10/26/06 at 12:33 pm

what's weird about that?  I would always make peanut butter sandwiches this way.  Unless you put loads of margarine on?

Well, I use the Smart balance brand(which has no hydrogenated oils in it), which doesn't taste bad, but tastes kinda weird with peanut butter.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 10/26/06 at 3:16 pm

It's weird because it looks disgusting and that can be enough to put someone off from eating it.  Now if you're talking about buttered toast with peanut butter, that's different.  The butter/margarine is melted and not just glopped up on top of the peanut butter.

Written By: spaceace on 10/26/06 at 3:39 pm

Spagettios with butter and bits of balogna.

Written By: deadrockstar on 10/27/06 at 12:30 am

Heres a weird one for ya: Peanut butter and jelly sandwich with..SARDINES! Best with apple jelly and on wheat. And no I'm not kidding either. :P

Written By: karen on 10/27/06 at 4:10 am

It's weird because it looks disgusting and that can be enough to put someone off from eating it.  Now if you're talking about buttered toast with peanut butter, that's different.  The butter/margarine is melted and not just glopped up on top of the peanut butter.

Margarine isn't glopped on top of peanut butter.  It is spread as a thin layer on the bread before putting the peanut butter on.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 10/27/06 at 4:29 am

Margarine isn't glopped on top of peanut butter.  It is spread as a thin layer on the bread before putting the peanut butter on.

I just can't eat unmelted butter/margarine.

Written By: karen on 10/27/06 at 4:31 am

I just can't eat unmelted butter/margarine.

So that's your weirdness.  It doesn't apply to everyone.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 10/27/06 at 4:34 am

So that's your weirdness.  It doesn't apply to everyone.

I never said it did.  However you did ask what was weird about putting margarine on a peanut butter sandwich.

Written By: karen on 10/27/06 at 10:12 am

I never said it did.  However you did ask what was weird about putting margarine on a peanut butter sandwich.

So in your opinion it is weird that's fine.  It still doesn't answer why the OP thought everyone else would think it was weird.

Written By: lorac61469 on 10/27/06 at 10:27 am

I would never have even thought about doing that...talk about being queasy.  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/09/sick.gif

I know lots of people who do this.  I've never tried it myself.  I usually eat peanut butter and jelly.

My husband will dunk peanut butter sandwiches in chicken noodle soup...that makes me queasy too!!

Written By: Step-chan on 10/27/06 at 12:56 pm

I haven't done it that many times though(Smart Balance is expensive).

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/27/06 at 2:15 pm

I know lots of people who do this.  I've never tried it myself.  I usually eat peanut butter and jelly.

I know people who do also-but like you, I've never tried it. Not a big fan of butter.

I used to eat what my sister's dubbed an "Arfer special" (which was named after one of my sister's old boyfriends, Arthur who introduced it to us) peanut butter, jelly, and Fluffanutter-on 3 peices of bread.

Cat

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/27/06 at 4:18 pm

I had a this thing as a kid where I liked putting mayonaise on my grilled cheese.

Written By: spaceace on 10/27/06 at 4:22 pm

What's so wierd about that?  I add mayo and a slice or two of tomato in mine!! :)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/27/06 at 5:04 pm

What's so wierd about that?  I add mayo and a slice or two of tomato in mine!! :)

I wasn't saying that it's weird for everyone, but some people do find it gross.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/27/06 at 5:09 pm

Right now I am dipping potato chips in that horsey sauce from Arby's....it's pretty good! :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/27/06 at 6:03 pm

I used to get an "Egg McMuffin" type sandwich with a slice of tomato. Hmmmm, haven't had one in ages. Sounds good right about now.

Cat

Written By: Abix on 10/27/06 at 6:47 pm

Just pickles and onions?   ???

my husband dips his fries in icecream and milkshakes too.

Written By: NullandVoid on 10/28/06 at 5:01 am

Chicken Nuggets dipped in a Vanilla Shake

Keebler Pecan sandies Dipped in Ketchup

OOdles of Noodles (or Ramen for you sadiddy folk) and butter

Peanut Butter Grilled cheese sandwich

Written By: Stompgal on 10/30/06 at 4:24 am

Yesterday I had quite a strange Sunday roast; roast pork with stuffing, broccoli, carrots and wait for it... oven chips. We must have run out of potatoes so the worker who made the dinner decided to use chips instead. It was an enjoyable dinner though.

Two of my weird combos involve peanut butter. Peanut butter and jam on toast and a dip I made that consisted of peanut butter, tomato ketchup and Lea and Perrin's sauce.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 10/30/06 at 7:30 am

A weird combo that makes a killer bbq sauce (or so I'm told, I don't care for bbq sauce):  a small jar of grape jelly and a small jar of chili sauce.

Written By: Abix on 10/30/06 at 8:20 am

my husband made a great marinade for the pork chops the other night. The marinade consisted of Pineapple juice, orange juice, rosemary, mustard, black pepper and Mrs Butterworth's syrup. he marinaded the pork chops, then baked them on a bed of sliced apples and pineapple rings.. DELICIOUS!!!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/30/06 at 10:22 am

I just discovered this, and it is delicious.  Mix dry roasted peanuts with candy corn.  Eat 2 or 3 peanuts to every corn.  It tastes kind of like a salted nut roll, but better. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/01/06 at 11:42 am

Hubby sautees apples and onions in butter. When he first told me about this, I thought, ewww. But then I tried it and it is yummy. I never would have thought the two of them would go together.

Cat

Written By: Step-chan on 11/02/06 at 12:04 pm

Hubby sautees apples and onions in butter. When he first told me about this, I thought, ewww. But then I tried it and it is yummy. I never would have thought the two of them would go together.

Cat

I hate onions, so I would never try that.

Written By: PMS on 11/19/06 at 7:07 am

I put ketchup on scrambled eggs and on macaroni and cheese. I also on occasion eat peanut butter and dill pickle sandwiches. My dad used to eat peanut butter and tartar sauce sanwiches.

Check for new replies or respond here...