inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: A Nice Cup of Tea.

Written By: spaceace on 11/17/06 at 1:28 pm

Okay everyone, time for tea.  I hope eveyone has their favorite.  Oh, by the way.  What is your favorite kind of tea? :)

Subject: Re: A Nice Cup of Tea.

Written By: Paul on 11/17/06 at 2:27 pm

Preferably a hot one!

Actually, I'm not 'picky'...just the common brands do me...

But it must be brewed properly...I hate being served 'gnat's p!ss'... :P

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 11/17/06 at 2:34 pm

I don't drink tea that often, but when I do it has to be the 'iced' variety...with plenty of lemon!  :)

I'm not particular about brands of tea, just as long as it's not flavored!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 11/17/06 at 5:08 pm

I usually drink the Bigelow brand, and my favorite is either Earl Grey, Black or Green.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/17/06 at 5:12 pm

I usually drink the Bigelow brand, and my favorite is either Earl Grey, Black or Green.

Yuck, I hate Bigelow tea.  I much prefer Twinings-yes, Earl Grey. I have mentioned this before but there is a BIG difference between Bigelow and Twinings Earl Grey. It seems that their ingedents are the same but I guess it is the amount per ingedent that makes it different.

I usually drink Lipton for my everyday tea (and several cups a day). Once in a while, I like herbal, too. I usually drink green tea when I am sick.

Cat

Written By: Jessica on 11/17/06 at 5:20 pm

I have Lipton to make iced tea, but I love green tea and barley tea. Oh, and whatever tea my in-laws get at the restaurants we go to. I'll have to ask Rice_Cube about that.

Written By: spaceace on 11/17/06 at 6:12 pm

I'm quite partial toward Celestial Herbal Tea.  They have a strawberry tea that is really nice.  I also like Celestial's Perfect Peach. :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/17/06 at 6:16 pm

I'm quite partial toward Celestial Herbal Tea.  They have a strawberry tea that is really nice.  I also like Celestial's Perfect Peach. :)

oh, I like that kind too...and it's funny, because just today I was thinking about starting a tea thread!! ;)

Written By: spaceace on 11/17/06 at 6:18 pm

oh, I like that kind too...and it's funny, because just today I was thinking about starting a tea thread!! ;)

Actually Phillip and his ever constant cup of tea got me thinking about it. ;D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/17/06 at 6:27 pm

The only tea I can stand to drink is Starbucks' Passion Iced Tea Lemonade.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/17/06 at 7:55 pm

We usually use Lipton but I have some Foo Joy jasmine green tea bags that are wonderful & I also bought some Red Rose and it's really good. I think it tastes better than Lipton. I would use all 3 for hot tea, but only the Lipton or Red Rose for iced tea with splenda.  a slice of lemon is fine but not necessary.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/17/06 at 9:35 pm

Iced Tea, Green Tea (hot and cold), Chamamille (sp?) and Earl Grey. I like sugar and cream in my tea.

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/17/06 at 10:42 pm

I usually drink Maharaja, an Indian tea. Hot of course, with sugar and creamer.

As far as flavored teas go, I prefer just sugar and no creamer.

When it comes to cold tea I like sweet tea.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/18/06 at 5:09 am

Because milk cannot be taken in my tea, I have succombed to having flavoured teas, current favourite is Strawberry and Mango.

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/18/06 at 9:51 am

I like raspberry quite a bit.

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/18/06 at 10:52 am

Because milk cannot be taken in my tea, I have succombed to having flavoured teas, c favourite is Strawberry and Mango.

Are you lactose intolerant?

Written By: Gis on 11/18/06 at 1:21 pm

My favourite tea is the brand Yorkshire Tea. I also like Earl Grey and Lemon tea.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/19/06 at 3:24 am

No nothing as dire as that.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 11/20/06 at 3:29 pm

Because milk cannot be taken in my tea, I have succombed to having flavoured teas, current favourite is Strawberry and Mango.

Are you lactose-intolerant?

I am, a little...and sometimes milk will upset my stomach or give me a headache!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/20/06 at 3:46 pm

The only thing I like in my tea (and it doesn't matter what kind) is water and a tea bag-and the stronger the better. I will use honey in tea if I am sick.

Cat

Written By: lorac61469 on 11/20/06 at 5:30 pm

Unless it's 'Sweet Tea' (Southern term for iced-tea), I do not drink it. 

When I was a kid, if you got a cold you had to drink hot tea with honey and lemon.  I suffered through many cups...can't even smell hot tea now without feeling queasy.

Written By: karen on 11/21/06 at 5:53 am

Usually I drink something like PG Tips or another of the standard blended teas.  Add boiling water and when it has brewed add some milk.  At work I use a tea bag in a cup and at home I will usually use a teabag in a teapot.

Occasionally I'll drink Early Grey, English Breakfast, Assam or Kenyan tea.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/22/06 at 2:25 am

Milk does seem to aggrivate something my chest,giving me a heavy feeling, makes me cough and phelmy

Written By: spaceace on 11/22/06 at 12:21 pm

A local Coffee shop has this drink, it's hot Chai tea, with a shot of exspesso.  It's interesting. :)

Written By: Gidgxx on 11/29/06 at 10:07 am

I like the Celestial Seasongs herbal dessert tea brands. Right now I'm liking the the English toffee.

Written By: Stompgal on 11/29/06 at 1:32 pm

I like fruit and herbal teas. If I have ordinary tea, I have it with milk and one sugar. my favourite fruit and herbal teas include peppermint, Twining's Orange, Mango and Cinnamon and Twining's Blackcurrant, Ginseng and Vanilla. I currently have a box of Twining's teabags while a worker at my house has Camomile and Apple Tea from Tesco.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/29/06 at 1:33 pm

I like fruit and herbal teas. If I have ordinary tea, I have it with milk and one sugar. my favourite fruit and herbal teas include peppermint, Twining's Orange, Mango and Cinnamon and Twining's Blackcurrant, Ginseng and Vanilla. I currently have a box of Twining's teabags while a worker at my house has Camomile and Apple Tea from Tesco.
Exactly as I have.

Written By: conker on 01/24/07 at 12:02 pm

Anything Twinings is great but I especially like Prince of Wales when I can find it.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 01/24/07 at 7:52 pm

I make my own "Hot Spiced Tea" that has instant tea, lemonade, Tang, sugar and some spices in it.  I usually drink it when it's cold out or I'm sick.

Other than that, I'm not too picky as far as brands go, as long as it's STRONG, but I do prefer Black or Green Tea with a bit of honey 8)

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 01/24/07 at 7:53 pm

My local grocery store has "White Tea".....anyone tried it?  It's not cheap so I'm not sure I want to buy some and not like it.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 01/24/07 at 8:07 pm

I only really drink tea when feeling a bit groggy (sick), and it's generally plain, lemon, Earl Grey or Green Tea. Milk in tea is the devil. As with honey. I drink it black & straight. I haven't tried much else.

Written By: Stompgal on 03/03/07 at 10:38 am

If you live in the UK then you must have seen and heard the PG Tips TV and radio ads that feature Johnny Vegas as a man called Al and his companion Monkey. Yesterday I was in Tesco and was over the moon when I saw boxes of 160 PG Tips Pyramid teabags that came with 5-inch Monkey toys. I thought they were so cute that I bought the teabags  and the Monkey toy.

Written By: Gis on 03/25/07 at 5:00 am

If you live in the UK then you must have seen and heard the PG Tips TV and radio ads that feature Johnny Vegas as a man called Al and his companion Monkey. Yesterday I was in Tesco and was over the moon when I saw boxes of 160 PG Tips Pyramid teabags that came with 5-inch Monkey toys. I thought they were so cute that I bought the teabags  and the Monkey toy.
I don't even like PG Tips very much and I bought one too.Mind you I do have the original large monkey from when they advertised digital T.V

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/25/07 at 5:26 am

I don't even like PG Tips very much and I bought one too.Mind you I do have the original large monkey from when they advertised digital T.V
If you do not like the taste of the tea you have to drink, try a spoonful of honey in it.

Written By: Gis on 03/25/07 at 2:36 pm

If you do not like the taste of the tea you have to drink, try a spoonful of honey in it.
Not with milk and sugar thanks!  :P

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 03/25/07 at 3:48 pm

I think I'll just put up with the taste than stick honey in it. I know people who put alot of honey in their tea.  :P

It's kinda like coffee & sugar. If you don't like the taste of it, why bother drinking it? (unless it's for health purposes etc?)

Written By: Davester on 03/25/07 at 4:09 pm

Plain old Lipton tea with sugar, sometimes milk...

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 05/13/07 at 5:43 am

Green Tea
Oolong
Darjeeling
Reishi
White tea
Chamomile

Brand doesn't matter much, but its usually Tadin, Yogi, or Lipton.

I like some of those Celestial seasonings teas as well.

I never put sugar, honey, or milk in my tea.

Written By: Step-chan on 05/13/07 at 7:23 pm

I like the Lipton Organic Black Teas(Extra Sweet, but I'll drink the regular Sweentened).

Written By: KKay on 05/13/07 at 8:19 pm

just had a really good black tea. relaxing.

Written By: spaceace on 05/14/07 at 6:29 am

I've just found out that I really like white tea.  It's very mild. :)

Written By: jens_pinkflute on 05/15/07 at 2:11 pm

If any of you have never tired Celestial Seasonings citrus teas, orange and peach, then you should.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/15/07 at 3:16 pm

If any of you have never tired Celestial Seasonings citrus teas, orange and peach, then you should.

I love the orange. The peach is ok but too mild for me. I love strong flavors.

Cat

Written By: jens_pinkflute on 05/15/07 at 5:58 pm

I love the orange. The peach is ok but too mild for me. I love strong flavors.

Cat

The orange one is my favorite too, and the peach tastes kind of light it's actually good.

I'm not too sure about the chamomile(any brand) flavored ones though, it's a relaxing tea but I find it is too stong.

Written By: karen on 05/17/07 at 3:53 am

I'm not too sure about the chamomile(any brand) flavored ones though, it's a relaxing tea but I find it is too stong.

Years ago I read that chamomile tea was good for period pains.  My mum made me some because I used to really suffer and the smell was so bad I wanted to vomit.  I couldn't drink the stuff at all.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/17/07 at 12:27 pm

Years ago I read that chamomile tea was good for period pains.  My mum made me some because I used to really suffer and the smell was so bad I wanted to vomit.  I couldn't drink the stuff at all.

It's also good to help you sleep. BTW, a tea made from catnip is supposed to heap cramps, too. Personally, I never tried it so I can't verify whether it actually does or not.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...