inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Fast-food ideas that flopped

Written By: Slater on 12/09/06 at 2:25 pm

As I recall, McDonald's had a few duds such as the McPizza (1980's) and the McDLT. Anyone remember Burger King or Wendy's having less than successful products?

Subject: Re: Fast-food ideas that flopped

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/09/06 at 2:58 pm

As I recall, McDonald's had a few duds such as the McPizza (1980's) and the McDLT. Anyone remember Burger King or Wendy's having less than successful products?
I recall McPizza over here in the UK, but it did not last long.

Written By: danootaandme on 12/09/06 at 4:37 pm

Burger King tried a veggie patty.  Can you imagine  ::)

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/09/06 at 4:41 pm

Burger King tried a veggie patty.  Can you imagine   ::)
That is not quite the same

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/09/06 at 4:47 pm

Back in the early 70's Taco Bell introduced a new item that I absolutely loved. It was first named the Bell Burger. pretty much a taco on a bun, they put a scoop of taco meat, some shredded cheese and tomatoes. The later renamed it the Bell Beefer. It didn't last long, maybe a year or 2 and that was it.  http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5x5gPHtFfQ4BphyjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=140n0o1jp/EXP=1165790688/**http%3a//www.roadsidepeek.com/roadusa/southwest/california/socal/sandiego/eatssd/fastfoodsd/s-tacobellsd1a.jpg

Written By: Slater on 12/09/06 at 5:45 pm

Heck, back in the early 1970's, KFC had a burger called the "Colonel Burger". Basically an oversized hamburger, but quite good (I thought). I think it went out with the 70's, or may have just been a regional thing.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/09/06 at 5:53 pm

Heck, back in the early 1970's, KFC had a burger called the "Colonel Burger". Basically an oversized hamburger, but quite good (I thought). I think it went out with the 70's, or may have just been a regional thing.
was this a beef or chicken burger? I don't remember this.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/09/06 at 5:54 pm

was this a beef or chicken burger? I don't remember this.
Chicken I hope?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/09/06 at 6:31 pm

McDonalds had that McRib thingie.  My mom really liked it.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 12/09/06 at 7:56 pm

Actually that was successful, so much that they keep bringing it back from time to time. Plus, the McDLT didn't flop.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/09/06 at 8:37 pm

ya, they currently have that at our McDonalds..for a limited time.

Written By: whistledog on 12/10/06 at 3:17 am

From the Canadian FF chain "Harveys", I am assuming the Big Harv flopped.  It was a massive burger with a 6oz patty.  I went in the other day to get one, and they said they don't make them no more  :\'(

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c362/godeltsihw/BigHarv1.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c362/godeltsihw/BigHarv2.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c362/godeltsihw/BigHarv3.jpg

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/10/06 at 3:18 am

From the Canadian FF chain "Harveys", I am assuming the Big Harv flopped.  It was a massive burger with a 6oz patty.  I went in the other day to get one, and they said they don't make them no more  :\'(

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c362/godeltsihw/BigHarv1.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c362/godeltsihw/BigHarv2.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c362/godeltsihw/BigHarv3.jpg
looks good  :)

Written By: Marian on 12/10/06 at 4:56 pm

Back in the early 70's Taco Bell introduced a new item that I absolutely loved. It was first named the Bell Burger. pretty much a taco on a bun, they put a scoop of taco meat, some shredded cheese and tomatoes. The later renamed it the Bell Beefer. It didn't last long, maybe a year or 2 and that was it.  http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5x5gPHtFfQ4BphyjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=140n0o1jp/EXP=1165790688/**http%3a//www.roadsidepeek.com/roadusa/southwest/california/socal/sandiego/eatssd/fastfoodsd/s-tacobellsd1a.jpg
There's a place called taco Bravo in campbell,Ca that has something similar.In fact,aal of their stuff is similar.But you'll probably like it.

Written By: Slater on 12/10/06 at 9:43 pm

The "Colonel Burger" was beef, kind of an oversized regular hamburger.

Written By: Slater on 12/10/06 at 9:45 pm

Evidently the "Arch Deluxe" crashed pretty hard:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arch_Deluxe

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/11/06 at 1:15 am

There's a place called taco Bravo in campbell,Ca that has something similar.In fact,aal of their stuff is similar.But you'll probably like it.
I probably would and Campbell is over an hour away so I won't be making a special road trip, but if ever in the area & I happen upon Taco Bravo, I'm stopping  :)
when it comes to fast food places like taco bell, I prefer the basic bean burritos and tacos. I don't deviate from that

Written By: Gidgxx on 12/11/06 at 10:42 am

I remember McDonalds in the 1989 thru 1990 having burgers from around the globe. Didn't last long, but I did enjoy the italian burger. Another one from McDonalds was a shamrock shake. It tasted like mint, didn't mind them when I was a kid. don't know if I could drink it now though.

Written By: lorac61469 on 12/11/06 at 11:12 am

The McDonald's inside our local Walmart still sells pizza.  They also had hotdogs, but just recently stopped seving those.

Written By: Gis on 12/12/06 at 6:49 am

That was huge in the U.K, they still sell it here.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 12/12/06 at 8:06 am

I remember McDonalds in the 1989 thru 1990 having burgers from around the globe. Didn't last long, but I did enjoy the italian burger. Another one from McDonalds was a shamrock shake. It tasted like mint, didn't mind them when I was a kid. don't know if I could drink it now though.
They still have the Shamrock shakes around St. Patrick's Day.  They're yummy :P

Written By: Stompgal on 12/13/06 at 12:55 pm

In British McDonald's restaurants, they currently sell Mint chocolate milkshakes. The Chicken Grills for the Happy meals didn't last long.

Written By: Marty McFly on 12/23/06 at 1:29 am

Ironically, I remember the opposite. Around 1994, Burger King had tacos on the menu, but stopped them pretty quick too. Which was kinda disappointing, I thought they were really good - probably better than TB's.

Written By: nally on 12/24/06 at 12:44 am

About ten years ago in southern California, Jack In The Box (or as I like to call it, Jack in the B-fish) had a teriyaki chicken bowl...and I really loved that, because it had good things like veggies and rice in it! By late '97, it was gone. :-[

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/24/06 at 1:31 am

I remeber Burger King used to have these cross-cut fries that they called "American Fries."

Sort of like this:

http://static.flickr.com/61/215820384_b1660f6cca_m.jpg

Written By: holicman on 12/24/06 at 8:43 am

Dominos "Triple Ripple" bullsheesh Pizza wont last.

Its a cheese burst Pizza with BBQ sauce extravagently surcharged at 3 dollars extra.

What a crock of sheesh (this is coming from somebody who works for them).

Written By: nally on 12/24/06 at 6:33 pm

I remeber Burger King used to have these cross-cut fries that they called "American Fries."

Sort of like this:

Didn't Carls Jr. have criss-cut fries too?

Written By: Marty McFly on 12/27/06 at 4:27 am

Didn't Carls Jr. have criss-cut fries too?

Yeah, Carls still has 'em, they're pretty good, too.

They also have some other "unique" stuff, like zuchinni pieces.

Written By: nally on 12/27/06 at 7:00 pm

Yeah, Carls still has 'em, they're pretty good, too.

Oh good. O0 Yeah, I remember when the criss cut fries first came out...I liked 'em.

Written By: Marian on 01/12/07 at 2:21 pm

I probably would and Campbell is over an hour away so I won't be making a special road trip, but if ever in the area & I happen upon Taco Bravo, I'm stopping  :)
when it comes to fast food places like taco bell, I prefer the basic bean burritos and tacos. I don't deviate from that
Where do you live?

Written By: conker on 01/24/07 at 11:55 am

We used to get Onion nuggets from KFC...really good, chunks of onion on KFC batter, similar to onion rings but better.

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 01/27/07 at 4:50 pm

About ten years ago in southern California, Jack In The Box (or as I like to call it, Jack in the B-fish) had a teriyaki chicken bowl...and I really loved that, because it had good things like veggies and rice in it! By late '97, it was gone. :-[
The best things to ever appear on the menu of Jack in the Box flopped. I never really understood why. Maybe because most fast food lovers dont like their favorite burger places to deviate too far away from that.

The Turkey Pita: There has never been a pita as good as this. They should reintroduce this again. Maybe it would do better now. If not, give Subway or some other place the exact recipe for these. It was discontinued in the early 80's.

The Fried Burrito: I have ate burritos from all over the place, whther authentic mexican food, fried burritos such as this, etc. I have never ate a burrito that was as good as these. As a kid, I would eat these every single time I went to Jack in the Box until they were discontinued. Its a crime that these aren't sold anymore. I never understood why they kept the fried tacos(also excellent) but got rid of the fried burrito. They should have given it more time. They should reintroduce this item as well. This was discontinued in the early 80's.

Only items at Taco Bell I can remember that flopped (besides the Bel Beefer) are the Chilito(watery chili on a tortilla. tasted ok but was a mess) and these beef burritos that had nothing but green chili sauce on them. They were like 39 cents.

Burger King flops I remember are those miniature hamburgers they used to have. You would get 3 tiny burgers in a pack. It lasted maybe a year or two in the 80's. In the mid-late 90's, Burger King introduced a hamburger(forgot the name) that was a ripoff of the Big Mac. Even had the special sauce. It was gross.

KFC had a few flops that like Jack in the Box, were two of the best things to ever appear on their menu, and its forgotten by many.

Chicken Liver: This was the best liver I ever ate. I always loved liver as a kid, but to have it coated in KFC's original batter was absolutely scrumptious. If you like liver, you really missed out. It lasted a couple years in the late 80's. It came in one of their box meals with a biscuit, mashed potatoes and gravy, and a piece of corn. You got 6 pieces of liver.

TURKEY nuggets: Yes, they had turkey nuggets. As far as I know, its the one and only time turkey has ever appeared on their menu. It was pretty good, but this flop occured at the same time as the chicken liver flop, and I was too busy eating the liver to bother ordering these nuggets very often.

Chicken Littles: The best fast food chicken sandwich ever created. KFC's greed is what killed this off, not customer disinterest. When it debuted in the late 80's, it was 39 cents each, and worth every penny. They were so small and the low price and GREAT taste made these popular. Every time I ate these, I always ordered alot of them and I seen other people doing the same. The chicken patties were in original batter, and they had this big glop of mayonnaise on each one that had a very distinctive taste. Then, KFC got greedy. They raised the price of these to 79 cents, and not long after that up to 99 cents. They might as well should have just removed it from the menu instead of doing that, because even the hardcore fans of these miniature sandwiches were NOT going to pay around a dollar a piece for one. There was almost like a backlash when this occured. People stopped buying them, and they were discontinued shortly thereafter. This is probably the only fast food flop that was actually a huge success the moment it was introduced, but died because of the company's greed, and not rejection of the actual product. They were discontinued in the late80's /early 90's.

These were brought back a couple times. In the late 90's and a couple years ago. The damage from the original discontinuation still lingered. The people who loved them remembered what happened, and add to that the fact that they didn't taste the same caused it to flop a second and third time.

About two years ago, the chicken littles were permanently replaced with the KFC snacker, which is basically just one of their bland chicken strips on a stale bun.

Written By: nally on 01/30/07 at 1:44 pm

The best things to ever appear on the menu of Jack in the Box flopped. I never really understood why. Maybe because most fast food lovers dont like their favorite burger places to deviate too far away from that.

Hmmm...maybe so. I never thought of them as a "burger" place, per se...I mean, they seem to specialize in certain types of sandwiches.

But the food item I mentioned was damn good!

Written By: ADH13 on 01/31/07 at 11:53 pm

They do tend to discontinue the best stuff...

Jack In The Box at one time had a pizza pocket (sort of like a hot pocket), they also had the best chili cheese fries ever...

Wendys discontinued their Bacon & Cheese baked potato...

Arby's no longer has Polar Swirls

Burger King had the International Chicken Sandwiches - The Italian (which has made a recent comeback) and the French and the American.

McDonalds used to have those "Shaker salads"

Taco Bell, for awhile served breakfast.  Their country breakfast burrito was awesome!

Written By: ADH13 on 01/31/07 at 11:58 pm

Be forewarned though, if you ever stop on a cold day, wear a jacket... you can't go inside Taco Bravo, you have to order through a window from outside... and the only seating is also outdoors.

They do have good food though.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/01/07 at 12:18 am

We used to get Onion nuggets from KFC...really good, chunks of onion on KFC batter, similar to onion rings but better.

Oooh, those sound yummy.  I bet I could make a knock-off version of that.

Written By: Jess on 02/04/07 at 4:45 pm

McDonalds had the McLean for a short time, the gimmick was it was a healthier hamburger as in "lean."

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/04/07 at 8:12 pm

They do tend to discontinue the best stuff...

Jack In The Box at one time had a pizza pocket (sort of like a hot pocket), they also had the best chili cheese fries ever...

Wendys discontinued their Bacon & Cheese baked potato...

Arby's no longer has Polar Swirls

Burger King had the International Chicken Sandwiches - The Italian (which has made a recent comeback) and the French and the American.

McDonalds used to have those "Shaker salads"

Taco Bell, for awhile served breakfast.  Their country breakfast burrito was awesome!

Those international sandwiches (except the French one) was really good. I wish they made them permanent.

Written By: malibumike65 on 02/04/07 at 11:55 pm

Burger King introduced a hamburger(forgot the name) that was a ripoff of the Big Mac. Even had the special sauce. It was gross.

It was called The Big King burger, I think. I'm not sure, but I think they are still available here in Canada. Tasted nothing like a Big Mac, in my opinion, The meat patty actually tasted like it was flame broiled. Tasty burger to me. Sorry.

Written By: whistledog on 02/05/07 at 12:17 am

It was called The Big King burger, I think. I'm not sure, but I think they are still available here in Canada. Tasted nothing like a Big Mac, in my opinion, The meat patty actually tasted like it was flame broiled. Tasty burger to me. Sorry.

The Big King is still available yes.  I always get one whenever I visit BK :)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 02/26/07 at 1:55 am

McDonalds New Zealand used to have a specific "New Zealand oriented" burger labelled the "Kiwiburger", I think during the 90s. It was quite popular, but sadly was very expensive to produce as the toppings were all very different to all the other burgers on the menu. It even had a catchy jingle:

"Kiwis love, hot pools, rugby balls, McDonald's, snapper schools, world peace, woolly fleece, Ronald and raising beasts, chilly bins, cricket wins, fast skis, golf tees, silver ferns, kauri trees, Kiwiburger, love one please. Cos we love All Blacks, thermal dacks, egg and cheese, walking tracks, beef pattie, marching girls, tomato, lettuce, paua shells, gumboots, punga shoots, floppy hats and kiwifruits, beetroot, buzzybees, moggy cats and cabbage trees, onions, kakapos, kia-oras, cheerios, jandals, sandals, ketchup, Coromandels, swandri's, butterflies, mustard, fishing flies, hokey-pokey, Maori haka, Kiwiburger, that's our tucker..."

I can't remember what was exactly in it. I'll try and find a site with the ingredients on.

Here is the very creative box it came in:
http://www.fastfoodfever.com/features/kiwiburger/images/kiwiBoxLarge.jpg

Written By: Kryllith on 02/26/07 at 12:11 pm

The Fried Burrito: I have ate burritos from all over the place, whther authentic mexican food, fried burritos such as this, etc. I have never ate a burrito that was as good as these. As a kid, I would eat these every single time I went to Jack in the Box until they were discontinued. Its a crime that these aren't sold anymore. I never understood why they kept the fried tacos(also excellent) but got rid of the fried burrito. They should have given it more time. They should reintroduce this item as well. This was discontinued in the early 80's.

Carls Jr. used to have something similar which they called a Crisp Burrito. Basically it was a chimichanga... very good indeed.

Kryllith

Written By: NullandVoid on 03/06/07 at 11:49 am

Whatever happened to the "Arch Deluxe"? ::)

Written By: jakazz30 on 05/22/07 at 5:01 am

I remember a couple fast-food ideas that flopped, but were not really "food items" totally.
Back in the early 90's I remember when Burger King attempted a "table service" idea. When you ordered at the counter they gave you a number and brought your order to you. They had popcorn while you waited. When they attempted this idea they added some dinner baskets to the menu. It was around fo about a year I think before they eliminated the concept.
Burger King also tried a frozen dessert item in the early 80's I think called the "BrrGrr". It was a frozen popsicle, kinda triangular, thing in a cardboard package that you pushed up on.
I also recall when Wendys locations had their "Super Bars", which were very similar to salad bars, but they usually had a couple of hot items (chili, taco fixins, etc..)
To bring up the McLean Deluxe again, I know that many of my friends wouldn't eat it when they found out that they contained seaweed extract as a flavoring agent.  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/cheeburga.gif   
I can't find a source right now, but I remember years ago reading an article on Baskin-Robbins that talked about some of the different flavors of ice cream that they had tested. It was amusing and amazing at the same time. Example of one they tested....(I remember a few from the story) Who feels like a big 'ol bowl of cole slaw ice cream? http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/08/repuke.gif

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/27/07 at 9:04 pm

Here the 'Colonel Burger' is just the plain chicken, lettuce and mayo burger...

Written By: coqueta83 on 06/14/07 at 2:42 am

Does anybody remember the McLean burger at McDonald's? This was around the early to mid-90's. It's supposed to be a burger with less calories and fat. It actually wasn't too terrible-in fact, I was a little disappointed when it was discontinued.

Written By: Lindee on 06/15/07 at 2:05 pm

In the early 80s, Burger King had the salad pita or platter.

The jingle went "Eat a pita or a platter".

Then the actress (dressed like a BK employee) would hold up each one and say "This is a pita and this is a platter".

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 06/15/07 at 10:33 pm

Hasn't flopped, but I predict it will flop: McDonalds selling pasta.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/19/07 at 4:07 pm

They still have it. I get it all the time. I am glad that fast food places are finally getting some vegetarian friendly foods out there. I am glad Burger King hopped on the bandwagon.

Written By: statsqueen on 06/20/07 at 3:03 pm

Sort of like this:

We called those waffle fries and the best place I ever had them (which any of you that have attended an American college/university might find hard to believe) was in one of Albion College's cafeterias--more specifically the area under (think it was Kresge under Baldwin Hall) that was open later where you could pay cash for a la carte items and get to go....the most popular item was the waffle fries.  Too many years ago to remember anything but how good the fries were! lol 

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 04/29/08 at 4:29 pm

Sort of like this:

Waffle fries!  That's what they have at Chick-fil-A

Written By: nally on 04/29/08 at 7:03 pm

Waffle fries!  That's what they have at Chick-fil-A

Seriously, there are waffle fries at Chick Fil A?

Written By: cinnabon on 04/30/08 at 7:17 pm

In addition to their shamrock shakes, Mickey D's also used to have shamrock sundaes! It was a bowl of their soft serve vanilla ice cream with mint sauce poured on top which looked more like mouthwash.

Another sandwich McDonald's tried way back in the 60s was the Hula Burger, which was a pineapple ring on a bun with a slice of cheddar cheese on it - according to legend this was a food item that franchise owner Ray Kroc personally loved and wanted on the menu, but it didn't quite catch on.

From Burger King, I remember when they used to sell roast beef sandwiches (I remember trying one once, nowhere near as good as Arbys that's for sure) and they also had an item called the Veal Parmigiana sandwich in 1981 which maybe only lasted about a year.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/30/08 at 9:03 pm

I also recall when Wendys locations had their "Super Bars", which were very similar to salad bars, but they usually had a couple of hot items (chili, taco fixins, etc..)

I remember those!  I used to get them from time to time.  I loved the pasta salad, but then there isn't much you could do to a pasta salad that I wouldn't like.  (Except when I try to make it at home - I am lacking the pasta salad making gene)

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 04/30/08 at 9:16 pm

Yup that's what they've always had as far back as I can remember

Written By: coqueta83 on 05/01/08 at 11:24 pm

Chick-Fil-A waffle fries, yummy!!!  :D

I haven't been to a Chick-Fil-A in years; there isn't one out here.

Written By: nally on 05/01/08 at 11:37 pm

Chick-Fil-A waffle fries, yummy!!!  :D

I haven't been to a Chick-Fil-A in years; there isn't one out here.

Well, I've been going there regularly; there is one near my house that opened up last June. I just never noticed they had any waffle fries.

I'm in Southern California, btw. What area are you in?

Written By: Tam on 05/02/08 at 1:27 am

Not really a fast food but in the 90's McDonald's tried Delivery in parts of Canada...
Didn't last long because they made you order over a certain price amount and the delivery cost was more than your meal!!!

As already said, Burger King had those small burgers... they were called Burger Bundles. They also had Chicken Bundles.

The McDonalds shaker salads.... I loved the Oriental Chicken Salad!

McDonalds ad jingle I loved the most:
Big Mac, Mc DLT, a Quarter-Pounder with some cheese, Filet-O-Fish, a hamburger, a cheeseburger, a Happy Meal. McNuggets, tasty golden french fries, regular or larger size, and salads: chef salad or garden, or a chicken salad oriental. Big Big Breakfast, Egg McMuffin, hot hot cakes, and sausage. Maybe biscuits, bacon, egg and cheese, a sausage, Danish, hash browns too. And for dessert hot apple pies, and sundaes three varieties, a soft-serve cone, three kinds of shakes, and chocolatey chip cookies. And to drink a Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, and orange drink, A Sprite and coffee, decaf too, A lowfat milk, also an orange juice. I love McDonald's, good time great taste, and I get this all at one place... The good time great taste of McDonald's!

Written By: whistledog on 05/02/08 at 7:27 am

Not really a fast food but in the 90's McDonald's tried Delivery in parts of Canada...
Didn't last long because they made you order over a certain price amount and the delivery cost was more than your meal!!!

As already said, Burger King had those small burgers... they were called Burger Bundles. They also had Chicken Bundles.

The McDonalds shaker salads.... I loved the Oriental Chicken Salad!

McDonalds ad jingle I loved the most:
Big Mac, Mc DLT, a Quarter-Pounder with some cheese, Filet-O-Fish, a hamburger, a cheeseburger, a Happy Meal. McNuggets, tasty golden french fries, regular or larger size, and salads: chef salad or garden, or a chicken salad oriental. Big Big Breakfast, Egg McMuffin, hot hot cakes, and sausage. Maybe biscuits, bacon, egg and cheese, a sausage, Danish, hash browns too. And for dessert hot apple pies, and sundaes three varieties, a soft-serve cone, three kinds of shakes, and chocolatey chip cookies. And to drink a Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, and orange drink, A Sprite and coffee, decaf too, A lowfat milk, also an orange juice. I love McDonald's, good time great taste, and I get this all at one place... The good time great taste of McDonald's!

LOL McDonald's delivery.  I totally remember that.  They changed their logo and added wheels to the golden arches to make it look like it was on the go ;D

Written By: coqueta83 on 05/02/08 at 7:48 pm

Well, I've been going there regularly; there is one near my house that opened up last June. I just never noticed they had any waffle fries.

I'm in Southern California, btw. What area are you in?

I currently live in Southern Nevada, and haven't seen a Chick-Fil-A around here.  :(

I previously lived in Arizona (Phoenix area) and there were plenty of them, in malls and even some standalone restaurants.

Written By: nally on 05/02/08 at 9:06 pm

I currently live in Southern Nevada, and haven't seen a Chick-Fil-A around here.  :(

That's a shame. I guess certain fast-food franchises are prevalent in certain areas of the country, and hardly exist in others.

I previously lived in Arizona (Phoenix area) and there were plenty of them, in malls and even some standalone restaurants.

I've only seen them as standalone restaurants around my area.

Written By: coqueta83 on 05/02/08 at 11:09 pm

^Oh, I know, I really wish there were some Chick-Fil-A's out here.  :(

I used to go to the one at Fiesta Mall in Mesa a lot when I was living in AZ. Around the time I moved back to Southern Nevada there were standalone Chick-Fil-A's starting to pop up in the Phoenix area.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/07/08 at 7:41 pm

There's a Chick-Fil-A in my town. Well two. One in our mall and one in town. The food is pretty good. I like it.

But I'll always be a McDonalds girl. been eating there since 1986, don't see myself stopping anytime soon!  ;D

Written By: Marty McFly on 05/07/08 at 11:13 pm

Does anyone remember the four-alarm tacos that Taco Bell had circa 1996? I liked those and I remember the commercials for them too (that seemed to be a last gasp thing in the '90s lol, I totally miss that) where I think Michael Jordan was on fire and on the basketball court saying "Is it hot in here, or is it just me?" ;D

Written By: nally on 05/24/08 at 1:05 pm

^I vaguely remember them, altho I never tried 'em. :-\\

Written By: Cynthia on 08/01/08 at 10:52 am

Things I loved and are greatly missed.

Hardee's - anyone else remember Hardee's (not the Hardee's with the star as they are now, but the Hardee's before Carl Jr.'s bought). 
      Roast Beef Sandwhiches (much better than Arby's)  aka The Big Roast Beef Sandwhich
      Turkey Clubs on a soft bun with shaved turkey, lettuce, tomato, Bacon and Mayonnaise (the best Turkey Club, I have never found one the same)
      Big Deluxe - Burger with lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, mayonnaise, and ketchup
      Hot Ham and Cheese
      THE BEST SOFT SERVE CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM - not too chocolaty

McDonald's
      I loved the McLean - yeah I know it was part soy, but hey soybean farmers need support too and it was a good sandwich with a lot less fat - PLEASE BRING BACK THE MCLEAN.

Wendy's
    The Super Bar
    Chili Cheese Nachos

Marathon bars - The best candy bar ever.  Braided Carmel covered cookie covered by chocolate.  AWESOME.......

Quisp cereal - Pink alien with spinner beanie (and a lot of other alien's). I found a mega bag with sugary scoop cereal that resembled Quisp (and it wasn't bad) but it did not have the alien that I spent much of my early childhood with.

Schwan bottle your own soda....

While I am speaking of Schwan - they took their citrus cooler away (green drink)  questionable flavor, but was sweet enough for this girl to love.

Ectocooler (I must have something for green drinks - but I hate green koolaide)

Ben and Jerry's  Wavy Gravy Icecream - it did not deserve to go to the flavor grave yard

Big Mouth Suckers - Huge ball of candy around a bubblegum sucker - They were colored (dyed) on the outside - I liked the bubble gum pink - and as you ate the color would get everywhere. They would then just turn into a white ball of candy, and your tongue would get soooooooo sore - you could not eat one in a day.

Slice pop - much better than sierra mist

Pepsi Clear

Big Boy restraunts - they had the best mashed potatoes and gravy!!!!  With the owe so cute cupie doll mascot in the overalls

Kentucky Fried Chicken (we still have biscuits) - barbecued chicken sandwhich (it was like pulled pork, but instead chicken); and they're macaroni salad before they screwed up the recipe now it is gross; well at least I still have their coleslaw

Taco Bell's  choco taco's (chocolaty ice cream dessert)

The Mickey Mouse Ice Cream Bars (the ears were dipped in chocolate)

Ruby Red Squirt soda

New York Soda Pineapple (in the big 3liter bottles)

Nesbits strawberry

Cases of glass bottles of pop (pepsi or coke) I love pop in the glass bottle.  (I can buy Hispanic bottles of coke, but it does not taste the same)

That is quite a list I know - and most seem to be sugar based (maybe these are the good things that I can remember).  I am sure there are more but alas I will just have to wait.

Written By: Midas on 08/01/08 at 12:31 pm

^Oh, I know, I really wish there were some Chick-Fil-A's out here.  :(

I used to go to the one at Fiesta Mall in Mesa a lot when I was living in AZ. Around the time I moved back to Southern Nevada there were standalone Chick-Fil-A's starting to pop up in the Phoenix area.

There's one down the street from where I work in North Snottsdale and one went up near PV Mall right before I moved away from that area.  I usually hit them up for breakfast once a week. :D

Written By: star80 on 11/02/08 at 5:32 pm

I remember back in the 80s when Pizza Hut came out with that Barbeque Beef Pizza...............YUCK, YUCK and More YUCK!!!!!  It was gross.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 11/02/08 at 8:37 pm

I hate Pizza Hut Pizza in general. I ate it once a couple months ago, and it was only because I had evacuated for a hurricane and hadn't eaten in THREE days. It was so gross. liek the tomato sauce was too sweet and it was just bad. I ate it just because I was hungry and it was the onl y place to get food in the town.  :( If I had tyo do it again, I'd rather starve until I looked like Twiggy! Never again.

Domino's Forever!  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/10/08 at 6:36 am

While on holiday, we ended up in Pizza (Pasta) Hut, and the pasta we had there was terrible...

...we were in too much of a hurry to complain.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/10/08 at 6:36 am

While on holiday, we ended up in Pizza (Pasta) Hut, and the pasta we had there was terrible...

We should have stuck with the pizza.

Written By: Dagwood on 11/10/08 at 8:32 am

I've heard that.  My sister ordered it once and said she might as well have stayed home and eaten a frozen pasta dinner, that's what it reminded her of.  I'll stick with pizza.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/10/08 at 8:35 am

I've heard that.  My sister ordered it once and said she might as well have stayed home and eaten a frozen pasta dinner, that's what it reminded her of.  I'll stick with pizza.
So shall we in future, if we do ever go back there.

Written By: Andria on 11/10/08 at 7:26 pm

Jack in the Box's Greek Salad. It was very good, with kalamata olives, spinach, feta cheese, Greek dressing, lettuce, cucumbers, and other things that I cannot remember. It was on the market between 2004 and 2005, if I remember correctly, and I was disappointed when they dropped it. I don't know if this was a failure, but it sure was good.

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/10/08 at 7:39 pm

McDonald's McBrats ??? ??? ???  That's right, at least here in the Midwest they tried to put Johnsonville Brat's on their menu - just did not work!!!

Written By: Howard on 09/02/13 at 6:35 pm

Today I had at Burger King The French Fry Burger, what it is, are french fries in the burger, and whose stupid idea was to do that? I think this will flop. I tried it and it's no big deal. Anyone can do that.  ::)

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/03/13 at 1:28 am

Today I had at Burger King The French Fry Burger, what it is, are french fries in the burger, and whose stupid idea was to do that? I think this will flop. I tried it and it's no big deal. Anyone can do that.  ::)
I take it then you have never heard of a Chip Buttie?

From wiki:

"A chip butty, chip sandwich, chip barm, chip batch, chip roll, chip muffin, piece-n-chips (in Scottish English), chip piece (in Dundonian) is a sandwich made with bread or a bread roll (usually white and buttered) and hot chips, often with some sort of sauce such as tomato sauce (i.e. ketchup) or brown sauce. The word butty is a contraction of "bread and butter" that came from northern England, perhaps Yorkshire or Liverpool."

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b4/Chip_Muffin_2364555437.jpg/250px-Chip_Muffin_2364555437.jpg

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/03/13 at 3:47 am

Yeah, I'm with Philip here.  I've done that since childhood, and it's delicious.  Doubly so if (and this doesn't apply to BK's recent promo) you have gravy on hand.

Written By: Howard on 09/03/13 at 7:11 am

I take it then you have never heard of a Chip Buttie?

From wiki:

"A chip butty, chip sandwich, chip barm, chip batch, chip roll, chip muffin, piece-n-chips (in Scottish English), chip piece (in Dundonian) is a sandwich made with bread or a bread roll (usually white and buttered) and hot chips, often with some sort of sauce such as tomato sauce (i.e. ketchup) or brown sauce. The word butty is a contraction of "bread and butter" that came from northern England, perhaps Yorkshire or Liverpool."

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b4/Chip_Muffin_2364555437.jpg/250px-Chip_Muffin_2364555437.jpg

never heard of them, are they good?

Written By: Howard on 09/03/13 at 7:12 am

Yeah, I'm with Philip here.  I've done that since childhood, and it's delicious.  Doubly so if (and this doesn't apply to BK's recent promo) you have gravy on hand.

I have ketchup.

Written By: karen on 09/03/13 at 11:18 am

never heard of them, are they good?

Yes

Written By: whistledog on 09/03/13 at 12:01 pm

In the early 2000s, McDonalds in Canada sold Poutine, or atleast tried to.  I gave it a whirl, and it wasn't bad, but the amount you got was not worth the price you paid.  To top it off, because Poutine uses Gravy, you couldn't just order a side gravy for Fries, which I thought was ridiculous

One time when I tried to order Poutine, they said they were out of Gravy.  Shouldn't they have just said they were out of Poutine since you can only get the Gravy if you get the Poutine?

Written By: amjikloviet on 09/03/13 at 1:06 pm

Hmm, I've never heard of the French fry burger. We don't have it at our Burger King restaurants. But, I think it's silly. Someone can just get the fries separately and make their own French fry burgers...it's the same thing. It might flop I think. Maybe that's why some BK restaurants don't have it in the menu and hasn't made it to other areas such as here.

Written By: Howard on 09/03/13 at 1:10 pm

Yes

Could I make my own chip butty? what would I need?  ???

Written By: Howard on 09/03/13 at 1:11 pm

In the early 2000s, McDonalds in Canada sold Poutine, or atleast tried to.  I gave it a whirl, and it wasn't bad, but the amount you got was not worth the price you paid.  To top it off, because Poutine uses Gravy, you couldn't just order a side gravy for Fries, which I thought was ridiculous

One time when I tried to order Poutine, they said they were out of Gravy.  Shouldn't they have just said they were out of Poutine since you can only get the Gravy if you get the Poutine?

But isn't it just gravy smothered on regular fries? I'm sure anyone can do that.  ???

Written By: Howard on 09/03/13 at 1:12 pm

Hmm, I've never heard of the French fry burger. We don't have it at our Burger King restaurants. But, I think it's silly. Someone can just get the fries separately and make their own French fry burgers...it's the same thing. It might flop I think. Maybe that's why some BK restaurants don't have it in the menu and hasn't made it to other areas such as here.

It's on the dollar value for only one buck here in New York.

Written By: whistledog on 09/03/13 at 4:10 pm

But isn't it just gravy smothered on regular fries? I'm sure anyone can do that.  ???

Poutine is French Fries topped with cheese curds and gravy.  They could sell it as Poutine, but not without the cheese curds basically.

Written By: karen on 09/03/13 at 4:32 pm

Could I make my own chip butty? what would I need?  ???

Chips (that is fries) and some sort of bread to put it in.  white sliced works but most people use a bread roll/cob (whatever they are called locally) as in the picture Philip posted.  Put a generous helping of chips into the bread, add sauce (ketchup) if liked and eat while hot

eta:  If you are going to try and make one perhaps consider using steak fries or similar NOT tiddly little fries from Mcdonalds

Written By: Katluver on 09/03/13 at 10:48 pm

I remember back in the 90s, Wendy's had those pita pockets. They were really good.
Around the same time, KFC had popcorn chicken. I remember I would eat it like popcorn by tossing it into the air. 

Then a year or two later, McDonald's had McWraps but I don't really remember them.
I do remember back around '05-06, they had these sandwiches (paninis?). I would often get the veggie ones, and they were delicious because they used fancier vegetables like zucchini rather than just iceberg lettuce, tomato, and shredded cheddar cheese.

Written By: valleyroads on 09/03/13 at 11:07 pm

KFC here still sells popcorn chicken, I liked it until I found out about KFC's slaughterhouse & food safety track records were.

The Arch Deluxe, Big King, BK Back Porch Grillers and McDonald's Morning Mac (Egg McMuffin with a sausage patty and extra cheese) were failures from what I recall, McDonald's franchisees here could still make a Morning Mac on order until the franchisees here stopped doing "secret menu" items.

Written By: Howard on 09/04/13 at 6:38 am

Poutine is French Fries topped with cheese curds and gravy.  They could sell it as Poutine, but not without the cheese curds basically.

Where do they sell cheese curds? ???

Written By: Howard on 09/04/13 at 6:40 am

Then a year or two later, McDonald's had McWraps but I don't really remember them.
I do remember back around '05-06, they had these sandwiches (paninis?). I would often get the veggie ones, and they were delicious because they used fancier vegetables like zucchini rather than just iceberg lettuce, tomato, and shredded cheddar cheese.

I remember McWraps, they stopped making them.

Written By: 2kidsami on 09/04/13 at 8:34 am

I remember back in the 90s, Wendy's had those pita pockets. They were really good.
Around the same time, KFC had popcorn chicken. I remember I would eat it like popcorn by tossing it into the air. 

our KFC still has popcorn chicken!  Especially since their KFC bowls are sooo popular!

McDonalds has a large selection of McWraps as well!!!! They are great for only a buck!

Written By: Katluver on 09/04/13 at 9:28 pm

And how could I forget that about 11 years, McDonald's had a veggie burger! I think I was the only one that would order it...

Written By: Howard on 09/05/13 at 6:55 am

And how could I forget that about 11 years, McDonald's had a veggie burger! I think I was the only one that would order it...

I remember The Veggie Burger What was in it?

Written By: Howard on 09/05/13 at 6:56 am

the McDLT

Written By: nally on 09/05/13 at 12:40 pm

If I had known about it, I might have ordered it too. But I haven't frequently gone to McDonald's.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 09/05/13 at 1:37 pm

I miss the Angus burgers. I don't go there anymore now. LOL.

Written By: Howard on 09/05/13 at 7:48 pm

I miss the Angus burgers. I don't go there anymore now. LOL.

I've never had an Angus Burger.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/05/13 at 8:21 pm

the McDLT

McDLT was a successful item they ran for several years, but I guess its time came and went.

About 20 years ago, McDonald's put recycling bins in their stores.  That went over like a lead balloon!

Written By: Howard on 09/06/13 at 3:50 pm

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18xgvbrlao2iojpg/ku-bigpic.jpg

McDonalds Black & White burger available in China

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/06/13 at 3:52 pm

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18xgvbrlao2iojpg/ku-bigpic.jpg

McDonalds Black & White burger available in China
"It don't matter if you're black Or white"

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 09/07/13 at 1:52 am

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-wKAqRGFgQQ8/ULLbfyXKwmI/AAAAAAAAFfg/M5NueKzpvcA/s1600/qatar+veggie+burger+mcdonalds.JPG

The McVeggie Burger.  I used to order this all of the time off of their Extra Value menu but the stupid idiots discontinued it supposedly because there wasn't a market for it.  :P

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/07/13 at 4:15 am

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-wKAqRGFgQQ8/ULLbfyXKwmI/AAAAAAAAFfg/M5NueKzpvcA/s1600/qatar+veggie+burger+mcdonalds.JPG

The McVeggie Burger.  I used to order this all of the time off of their Extra Value menu but the stupid idiots discontinued it supposedly because there wasn't a market for it.  :P
...but what is in the Veggie Patty?

Written By: Howard on 09/07/13 at 3:52 pm

...but what is in the Veggie Patty?

lettuce tomato and a chicken patty.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 09/07/13 at 4:04 pm

lettuce tomato and a chicken patty.

No.  It looks like a falafel which is a made out of chick peas, onions, garlic, and lemon with some bread crumbs.  :)

Written By: Howard on 09/07/13 at 5:43 pm

No.  It looks like a falafel which is a made out of chick peas, onions, garlic, and lemon with some bread crumbs.  :)

sounds delicious.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/09/13 at 12:37 am

The McAbre Meal...you know, for Goth kids!
:D

http://www.kaboodle.com/hi/img/c/0/0/125/9/AAAADBgU-E0AAAAAASWc6g.jpg?v=1296370819000

Written By: Howard on 09/09/13 at 7:05 am

http://www.kaboodle.com/hi/img/c/0/0/125/9/AAAADBgU-E0AAAAAASWc6g.jpg?v=1296370819000

What's in the box?

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 09/09/13 at 9:57 pm

Yeah you're really starting to scare me Max.  :P

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/09/13 at 11:37 pm

What's in the box?

Ohhh....you don't wanna look in there!

http://www.alexcox.com/images/ac_bigpics/RM_JFrank_Cop.jpg

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/10/13 at 12:36 am

Ohhh....you don't wanna look in there!

http://www.alexcox.com/images/ac_bigpics/RM_JFrank_Cop.jpg

Pernicious nonsense! :)

http://i.imgur.com/JuTKCaU.jpg

Now... What's in the box?

Written By: Howard on 09/10/13 at 6:45 am

Yeah you're really starting to scare me Max.  :P

It's probably some chopped up dead body?  8-P

Written By: valleyroads on 09/12/13 at 4:05 am

It's probably some chopped up dead body?  8-P

It's the 21st-century version of Pandora's Box, contains assorted government and corporate secrets, the KFC, Coca-Cola, Red Bull and Irn Bru recipes, Lord Lucan's current whereabouts and the burial site of Jimmy Hoffa's body, along with a couple of PB Max bars and a can of Josta, both of which the disappearances of are as unexplainable as the other things.  :D

Written By: Howard on 09/12/13 at 7:01 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQzTR_FTBw0

I remember McDonalds Shanghai Nuggets. This was 25 years ago. You had 9 pc or 20 pc with 3 delicious dipping sauces, you got chopsticks when you used them to pick up the nuggets.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 09/13/13 at 1:20 am

I thought this one had already flopped after being introduced Jan 31, 2013 because the advertisement that used to be in the window at the Jack In The Box nearest to me has been removed and I didn't see this on the menu anymore but I just read it was a "Limited time product".  frankly, the name of the burger turned me off but I like the ingredients. they must have stoners working in the burger/food idea room with serious cases of the munchies because they seem to have just slopped this one together  ???
the HOT MESS  here's the video   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cApqDhIn6ZY

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 09/13/13 at 5:12 pm

I thought this one had already flopped after being introduced Jan 31, 2013 because the advertisement that used to be in the window at the Jack In The Box nearest to me has been removed and I didn't see this on the menu anymore but I just read it was a "Limited time product".  frankly, the name of the burger turned me off but I like the ingredients. they must have stoners working in the burger/food idea room with serious cases of the munchies because they seem to have just slopped this one together  ???

Who are Jack's back up musicians?

Written By: Katluver on 09/15/13 at 6:52 pm

That burger looks gross, and probably would only be eaten by somebody stoned.  :P

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 09/15/13 at 10:52 pm

je1Doy8ATjA

I used to love eating these things until the idiot environmentalists ruined it by saying that the styrofoam packages were leaching toxins into the food.  :P

Written By: Howard on 09/16/13 at 6:52 am

je1Doy8ATjA

I used to love eating these things until the idiot environmentalists ruined it by saying that the Styrofoam packages were leaching toxins into the food.  :P

I loved those burgers. Why did they discontinue a good thing? :(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/16/13 at 9:01 pm

je1Doy8ATjA

I used to love eating these things until the idiot environmentalists ruined it by saying that the styrofoam packages were leaching toxins into the food.  :P

Was it really the environmentalists?  The fast food biz is an environmental nightmare.  I didn't think they listened.  Well, they did stop frying with lard...
:-\\

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 09/17/13 at 12:52 am

I loved those burgers. Why did they discontinue a good thing? :(

It was because the environmentalists said that the styrofoam in the packages were leaching toxins into the food.

Written By: Howard on 09/17/13 at 7:12 am

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/03/Choco_taco.jpg

The Choco Taco. I never had one before. Do they even sell it anymore? ???

Written By: apollonia1986 on 09/17/13 at 12:46 pm

I would actually eat that!

Written By: Dagwood on 09/17/13 at 1:49 pm

I've seen them at convenience stores.

Written By: Howard on 09/17/13 at 1:55 pm

I've seen them at convenience stores.

I've got to try that one day.

Written By: whistledog on 09/17/13 at 5:03 pm

It was because the environmentalists said that the styrofoam in the packages were leaching toxins into the food.

Not long after that, McDonalds stopped using the foam packaging.  I remember for the McDLT, once you assembled your burger, the one side said "Put your fries here" lol

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 09/17/13 at 8:18 pm

Not long after that, McDonalds stopped using the foam packaging.  I remember for the McDLT, once you assembled your burger, the one side said "Put your fries here" lol

Yeah.  ;D I was kind of disappointed that the McDLT was discontinued.  Besides the BigMac it was the only thing that I would eat that didn't upset me when I couldn't hold it properly.  :) LOL!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/17/13 at 10:02 pm

Yeah.  ;D I was kind of disappointed that the McDLT was discontinued.  Besides the BigMac it was the only thing that I would eat that didn't upset me when I couldn't hold it properly.  :) LOL!

New Years Eve,1989, David Letterman's top 10 discoveries of the eighties:

#1. The hot side stays hot and the cool side stays cool!

Written By: Howard on 09/18/13 at 7:34 am

It actually said that?

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 09/18/13 at 9:42 pm

It actually said that?

Yup! :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/18/13 at 10:27 pm

McDonald's flame-broiled --

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVVBLrU0Zlg

Written By: Howard on 09/19/13 at 6:46 am

McDonald's flame-broiled --

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVVBLrU0Zlg

It's all Ronald's fault.

Written By: valleyroads on 10/09/13 at 9:58 am

Used to *LOVE* Jack In The Box, I still go there occasionally, but the food isn't as good as I remembered it when I was younger, and the ciabatta burger has been gone for years. The Hot Mess looked gross... the Diner Melts from 2008 or so were a failure since patty melts have been "out of style" for years, and the Pannido was a failure since at the time, a burger joint (never mind that teriyaki chicken and fajita pitas have been big sellers there and that JITB is seen as Southern California cuisine by many people, at least around here) was not seen as a place for deli sandwich-type food until the McWrap.

Choco Tacos are good, but messy when the chocolate melts.

And don't forget the Arch Deluxe, Big King & Back Porch Grillers... Burger King doesn't need a Big Mac rival IMHO since they have the double & triple Whoppers with cheese  ;)

Written By: Lindee on 10/11/13 at 9:05 pm

I remember buying a box of these at a grocery store but not at a fast food place.

Written By: popguru85 on 10/20/13 at 2:48 pm

I remember a few years ago there was a really spicy Baconator with pepper Jack cheese and Jalepenos and some firey mayo. It was awesome!!!!!

Written By: Howard on 10/20/13 at 3:55 pm

I remember a few years ago there was a really spicy Baconator with pepper Jack cheese and Jalepenos and some firey mayo. It was awesome!!!!!

Wow, look at the size of that burger!  :o
http://media.qsrmagazine.com/Blair/baconator.jpg

But why did it flop?  ???

Written By: Dagwood on 10/20/13 at 8:51 pm

Wow, look at the size of that burger!  :o
http://media.qsrmagazine.com/Blair/baconator.jpg

But why did it flop?  ???

It might not have flopped.  It might have been one of those limited time items. 

Written By: apollonia1986 on 10/20/13 at 9:36 pm

I can see why it may have flopped--some people's systems just were NOT made for that kind of spicy. And if you're hanging on the toilet singing "HELP" by the Beatles, chances are you will NOT want a second Angry Baconator.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 10/20/13 at 9:44 pm

McPizza

Zav57FjHXJA

That flopped because it took too long to make.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 10/20/13 at 9:50 pm

Where did they COOK the McPizza, but I don't think I've EVER seen an oven at a McDolands. Fryers and griddles, yes, an oven, no.  :(

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 10/20/13 at 10:03 pm

Where did they COOK the McPizza, but I don't think I've EVER seen an oven at a McDolands. Fryers and griddles, yes, an oven, no.  :(

This was sometime in the early 90s.  They had an electric oven right beside the warming trays.  They determined that the pizzas took over 7 minutes to make and that was too long.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 10/20/13 at 10:58 pm

This was sometime in the early 90s.  They had an eletric oven right beside the warming trays.  They determined that the pizzas took over 7 minutes to make and that was too long.

:o Who was running that store? Flash Gordon? Damn, I wait 15 minutes for a pizza at Little Caesars. I sit, wait, and tweet a Jackson. (Taj Jackson answers me.)

Written By: Howard on 10/21/13 at 6:44 am

It might not have flopped.  It might have been one of those limited time items.

I would've eaten it even though I would get a bad case of gas later on.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 10/21/13 at 6:45 am

I can see why it may have flopped--some people's systems just were NOT made for that kind of spicy. And if you're hanging on the toilet singing "HELP" by the Beatles, chances are you will NOT want a second Angry Baconator.

you would also need a small bottle of Maalox.

Written By: Howard on 10/21/13 at 6:46 am

McPizza

Zav57FjHXJA

That flopped because it took too long to make.

now why would anyone want to have pizza at a burger place?

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 10/21/13 at 5:20 pm

now why would anyone want to have pizza at a burger place?

It was a sign of the times when pizza was a popular food item.  I guess they wanted to cash in on what all of the pizza joints were doing.

Written By: Howard on 10/21/13 at 7:36 pm

It was a sign of the times when pizza was a popular food item.  I guess they wanted to cash in on what all of the pizza joints were doing.

pizza and burgers, good combination

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 10/21/13 at 8:57 pm

That was the gist of it.  :)

Written By: karen on 10/27/13 at 10:42 am

and now one of the pizza chains is doing a pizza with a burger crust.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 10/27/13 at 12:11 pm

Yes.  I know.  :P Ugh!

Written By: apollonia1986 on 10/27/13 at 1:25 pm

That doesn't even sound right.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 10/27/13 at 2:00 pm

That doesn't even sound right.

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/594858/thumbs/o-PIZZA-HUT-BURGER-570.jpg?1

Ladies and gentlemen let me present to you the heart attack on a plate.

Written By: Howard on 10/27/13 at 4:41 pm

that might sound tasty.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/29/13 at 12:05 am

that might sound tasty.

Might give you the winds something fierce!
:o

Written By: Howard on 10/29/13 at 6:51 am

or how about burgers with a pizza crust?

Written By: Howard on 10/29/13 at 6:52 am

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/594858/thumbs/o-PIZZA-HUT-BURGER-570.jpg?1

Ladies and gentlemen let me present to you the heart attack on a plate.

What in the hell is that? :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/29/13 at 12:06 pm

What in the hell is that? :o
It is shaped as a pizza!

Written By: apollonia1986 on 10/29/13 at 1:11 pm

http://slice.seriouseats.com/images/2012/04/20120423-pizza-hut-me-cheeseburger-screenshot2.jpg

Now I just feel like a sinner.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/29/13 at 2:13 pm

http://slice.seriouseats.com/images/2012/04/20120423-pizza-hut-me-cheeseburger-screenshot2.jpg

Something I will avoid.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 10/29/13 at 2:55 pm

Ugh god! How can anybody put that kind of crap in their body.  :P

Written By: Howard on 10/29/13 at 7:45 pm

It is shaped as a pizza!

looks atrocious.  :P

Written By: Howard on 10/29/13 at 7:46 pm

looks good.

Written By: Howard on 10/29/13 at 7:47 pm

Ugh god! How can anybody put that kind of crap in their body.  :P

anybody that has a good stomach.

Written By: Visor765 on 09/25/14 at 1:17 pm

My big sis' absolutely LOOOOOOOOOOOVED the Big Bacon Classic at Wendy's. It wasn't a flop, but they discontinued it in the late 2000s after the Baconator became super popular. I tried it a few times before they killed it off. It was so good!  :\'(

Written By: Howard on 09/25/14 at 3:33 pm

http://www.delish.com/cm/delish/images/nF/mc-africa-nick-gaurkee-lg.jpg

The McAfrika

Check for new replies or respond here...