inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favorite Flavor of Chicken Wings

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/05/07 at 12:43 am

So,

what's your favorite flavor?

Mine is this recipe that is called, "Jack Daniel's honey BBQ wings"....they made them at this restaurant that Chris used to work at years ago....they were SO good...but alas, the restaurant has closed down since. I've never had anything as good as them since then.

Subject: Re: Favorite Flavor of Chicken Wings

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/05/07 at 12:43 am

Lemon pepper and honey mustard.

Written By: deadrockstar on 01/05/07 at 2:22 am

Teriyaki wings and buffalo wings...

Written By: Stompgal on 01/05/07 at 7:39 am

BBQ Wings. I've never had chicken wings at Nando's before, but I'll probably like the Lemon and Herb ones.

Written By: Suicidal Blonde on 01/15/07 at 3:10 pm

Buffalo style.

Written By: lorac61469 on 01/15/07 at 7:22 pm

Only kind I've ever tried are Buffalo and I didn't really care for them.  Honey mustard sounds pretty good.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/15/07 at 8:27 pm

Martha Stewart's  buffalo chicken wings are outta sight. I love them and so does everyone else who's tried them that doesn't mind hotsauce

Written By: Suicidal Blonde on 01/16/07 at 12:07 pm

Martha Stewart's  buffalo chicken wings are outta sight. I love them and so does everyone else who's tried them that doesn't mind hotsauce

MMMM.. gimme some wings.  ;)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/16/07 at 12:55 pm

I've never actually eaten chicken wings...  :-\\

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/16/07 at 12:57 pm

I've never actually eaten chicken wings...  :-\\

wow! are you serious? When I was with my ex, we used to go to this place that would serve "all you can eat wings" for $6.00. They were the large whole sized ones too...not those little shrimpy ones.  They had TONS of flavors to choose from....very yummy! I haven't had any in awhile though....there aren't too many places around here that serve really good ones...all of the good places are no longer in business.

Written By: Jessica on 01/18/07 at 5:06 pm

http://www.buffalowildwings.com

We go to that place. I usually get the wraps, but I love the parmesan garlic sauce and the spicy garlic sauce.

A list of sauces they have:

http://www.buffalowildwings.com/menuNew/index.asp?item=sauces

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/18/07 at 10:24 pm

http://www.buffalowildwings.com

We go to that place. I usually get the wraps, but I love the parmesan garlic sauce and the spicy garlic sauce.

A list of sauces they have:

http://www.buffalowildwings.com/menuNew/index.asp?item=sauces

we used to go there every once in awhile...it was fun to sit back, eat wings, and play those electronic games that they have.

Written By: jackas on 01/19/07 at 11:14 pm

My favorite flavor is Buffalo, but I don't eat the wings because my fingers get all messy and it bugs me.  Hoooter's has some wonderful boneless chicken wings, which I love in Hot.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 01/23/07 at 10:19 pm

Buffalo, but they have to be boneless....

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/23/07 at 11:47 pm

I like my wings to have a bone in them

Written By: Tanya1976 on 01/24/07 at 1:23 pm

BBQ and Buffalo

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 01/24/07 at 7:48 pm

I like my wings to have a bone in them
I'm too lazy :P

Written By: jackas on 01/24/07 at 8:35 pm

I'm too lazy :P

Ha...me too.  It's a lot of work for a little meat.

Written By: danootaandme on 01/25/07 at 4:16 am

Bone in broiled with salt, pepper, and oil.  I am not into barbeque sauces much.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/25/07 at 4:44 am

we used to go there every once in awhile...it was fun to sit back, eat wings, and play those electronic games that they have.

That's exactly what I'm gonna do tonight.  My flavors of choice?  Garlic Parmasian and Mild (although it isn't *that* mild)  Tonight is 25 cent bones wing night .  woohoo.  I love playing my trivia games.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/25/07 at 10:32 am

That's exactly what I'm gonna do tonight.  My flavors of choice?  Garlic Parmasian and Mild (although it isn't *that* mild)  Tonight is 25 cent bones wing night .  woohoo.  I love playing my trivia games.

that sounds great....have a blast!! :)

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 01/25/07 at 12:51 pm

Bone in broiled with salt, pepper, and oil.  I am not into barbeque sauces much.
That sounds good.....I'm also not a big fan of BBQ sauces, but I love me some Buffalo sauce :P

Written By: Marian on 01/25/07 at 3:04 pm

Tandoori,teriyaki and buffalo.

Written By: KKay on 01/25/07 at 3:04 pm

a place i go to makes them with just tons of rosemary. yum.

Written By: Stompgal on 03/09/07 at 12:36 pm

I tried Nando's chicken wings for the first time today and they were terrific. They had Lemon and Herb Peri Peri marinade. I ate them with chips and coleslaw.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/09/07 at 12:37 pm

Chicken flavour

Written By: Midas on 03/13/07 at 8:13 pm

I think I'm missing some special on wings today at Woody's in Chapel Hill NC.  My buddy used to work there and they had some awesome bat wings (teriyaki wings).  I like buffalo too, just not too terribly hot.

Written By: Dude111 on 11/09/07 at 7:36 pm

Honey BBQ for me!!!!

mmmmmmmm good :)

Written By: coqueta83 on 11/09/07 at 7:59 pm

Spicy!  :D

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/09/07 at 11:43 pm

Spicy!  :D

Yes ... I'm a big fan of spicy food too. I should probably like the 'Spice Girls' a lot more than I do ....  :-\\

BTW .... I've just become aware of this movie ....... from 83 . ......... the obvious source of your 'name'.  A favourite .........(must be) ... but why ?

http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/movie/coverv/12/219212.jpg

(I haven't seen it).

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 11/09/07 at 11:49 pm

I prefer chicken flavour.  :D

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/09/07 at 11:53 pm

I prefer chicken flavour.  :D

As opposed to chicken that tastes like spicy beef  or ham ?

I suppose if it's spicy enough  ... you might not be able to tell the difference ... even if it HAS been genetically modified ...

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/09/07 at 11:58 pm

I like my chicken wings fried with no batter or coating and then drenched in a buffalo sauce made from Frank's hot sauce and melted butter, maybe a pinch of cayenne pepper, a splash of Tabasco and they are fantastic. I got the recipe from Martha Stewart when she was on tv.
even though I like them this way, I'll scarf down wings that are crispy coated as well  ;)
http://www.franksredhot.com/recipe/franks/images/product_o_bottle.gif

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/10/07 at 12:16 am

I used to love chicken wings...the hotter the better...but I no longer eat meat anymore....now I don't really miss it too much.

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/10/07 at 12:22 am

I used to love chicken wings...the hotter the better...but I no longer eat meat anymore....now I don't really miss it too much.

Interesting ... I never knew you were a vegetarian. Why'd  you give up meat .... and how do you get enough protein in your diet?

Written By: gumbypiz on 11/10/07 at 12:29 am

I love wings, and as they should, the best type is ALWAYS buffalo.
There a lot of places that have "other" types and they're good to but you got to like them hot!

The best I've had so far is BW-3's in Columbus, OH. They used to make a "napalm" wing special. So hot, well, they used to force new pledges at the frats to eat a dozen within 20 mins and not have a drink in the next hour. Painful. Remember seeing these guys with sweat pouring off their forehead and seeing them with blisters on their tongue the next day.

Don't know why everyone says Hooters wings are good :P , I guess they really haven't had good wings before, maybe their eyes are "distracted" when their eating? Remember we're talking about wings here not "breasts".  ::)

The Wingstop is a new chain and their wings are pretty good, the Hawaiian and garlic/parmesan wing is good, but the atomic wing is nice. I usually get an order (wet) of half atomic and have hickory BBW and mix it up.

Nothing like a good HOT wing (with bone in, you're not eating a "wing" if there is no bone!)!  8)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/10/07 at 12:31 am

after all this discussion, I guess I'm having a platefull of wings tomorrow

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/10/07 at 12:36 am

I don't eat meat for a few reasons. I feel healthier now since I'm not eating it, and along with exercise..I was able to lose a bunch of weight. I also don't like how they treat the animals..and the conditions to which they are subjected to...also, I don't like hearing about all of the crap that they inject in the animals..etc. I just overall feel so much better w/o it.  There are other ways of obtaining protein (I do eat dairy products...and beans...and ya.).

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/10/07 at 2:27 am

after all this discussion, I guess I'm having a platefull of wings tomorrow

We'll have to rename you the 'birdman of inthe00s'.

By tomorrow, some time will have passed ... slipped into the future.  After your ingestion of  wings, I predict you'll be emulating this guy ......

http://static.rateyourmusic.com/album_images/26067.jpg 

:P

Written By: Brigitte on 11/10/07 at 8:57 am

I like Honey & Garlic mixed with Frank's Red Hot sauce. I go to Watchman's Pub here in Canada to have them. They are 15 cents each on Monday & Wednesday! :P

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/10/07 at 10:59 am

We'll have to rename you the 'birdman of inthe00s'.

By tomorrow, some time will have passed ... slipped into the future.  After your ingestion of  wings, I predict you'll be emulating this guy ......

http://static.rateyourmusic.com/album_images/26067.jpg 

:P

I sure hope sure, man I do like Steve Miller. seen him in concert at least 3 times

I like Honey & Garlic mixed with Frank's Red Hot sauce. I go to Watchman's Pub here in Canada to have them. They are 15 cents each on Monday & Wednesday! :P
good to hear they are using Frank's up North. me and my friends, we all love it it here on our wings. .15 each  :o  wow, I betcha they go through a whole bunch on those nights

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/10/07 at 11:23 am

I like my chicken wings fried with no batter or coating and then drenched in a buffalo sauce made from Frank's hot sauce and melted butter, maybe a pinch of cayenne pepper, a splash of Tabasco and they are fantastic. I got the recipe from Martha Stewart when she was on tv.
even though I like them this way, I'll scarf down wings that are crispy coated as well  ;)
http://www.franksredhot.com/recipe/franks/images/product_o_bottle.gif
Do you like the smell of Buffalo Sauce in the morning?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/10/07 at 12:09 pm

Do you like the smell of Buffalo Sauce in the morning?
yes, but it doesn't smell a thing like buffalo

Written By: sugar168 on 11/10/07 at 8:58 pm

i like just regular hot wings...at wings to go i get medium but i only eat them if they are boneless no bones in the meat i eat!

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/11/07 at 6:44 am

yes, but it doesn't smell a thing like buffalo
How about a Mango Sauce?

Written By: coqueta83 on 11/11/07 at 7:49 pm

Yes ... I'm a big fan of spicy food too. I should probably like the 'Spice Girls' a lot more than I do ....  :-\\

BTW .... I've just become aware of this movie ....... from 83 . ......... the obvious source of your 'name'.  A favourite .........(must be) ... but why ?

http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/movie/coverv/12/219212.jpg

(I haven't seen it).

Yes, it is a favorite of mine..... :) :) I first watched this movie in high school and, well I don't know, I just loved it. It didn't have the typical happily ever after ending to it, but I thought it was a sweet and romantic story.  :)

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/11/07 at 7:58 pm

Yes, it is a favorite of mine..... :) :) I first watched this movie in high school and, well I don't know, I just loved it. It didn't have the typical happily ever after ending to it, but I thought it was a sweet and romantic story.  :)

Are you Spanish speaking ? ... or was the version you saw dubbed into English / with subtitles ?

I might look out for it on 'SBS' our local free to air channel that has a lot of foreign language movies from around the world.

Written By: coqueta83 on 11/11/07 at 8:07 pm

Are you Spanish speaking ? ... or was the version you saw dubbed into English / with subtitles ?

I might look out for it on 'SBS' our local free to air channel that has a lot of foreign language movies from around the world.

I have quite a ways to go to being fluent, but the Spanish in the movie is fairly easy to understand if you've studied the language long enough. I haven't seen it with subtitles yet.  :)

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/11/07 at 8:19 pm

I have quite a ways to go to being fluent, but the Spanish in the movie is fairly easy to understand if you've studied the language long enough. I haven't seen it with subtitles yet.  :)

I studied Spanish for a year at Uni. Also did French at high school. However, I never became fluent in either ... and have forgotten just about the lot.  :-http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/14/occasion14.gif

;D

Written By: coqueta83 on 11/11/07 at 11:15 pm

I think you have to go and live in foreign countries  / speak the language almost exclusively to truly pick it up. At least I know three words that will enable me to survive in any Spanish speaking country.  Cerveza por favor !

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/14/occasion14.gif

;D

;D ;D ;D ;D

Or, Donde esta el baƱo?  :D :D

Written By: runner69 on 11/13/07 at 2:26 pm

im addicted to buffalo wings.i eat them about 3-5 times a week. im talking truly addicted.  :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/28/08 at 12:10 am

There's a chain of chicken wing restaurants called http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0S020vUcJ1Hdh8ARUmjzbkF/SIG=12m0shbnm/EXP=1201586772/**http%3A//img.epinions.com/images/opti/fd/ae/Wing_Stop-resized200.jpg

I decided to try their wings Friday and was very dissapointed. I got 10 wings for $5.99, not 10 whole wings, 10 half wings you could say. 5 Original Hot and 5 Extra Hot and I can make them better and much cheaper, and these tiny little things must have been pigeons or some small breed of chicken because there wasn't much meat. my review is that it's a ripoff & I'll never go there again.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/28/08 at 1:41 am

Oh my goodness, I've been craving wings from Buffalo Wild Wings lately.  Haven't really had the money to go out to get even a few (I especially like on Thursday nights when they have them really cheap!)  Perhaps soon I will just say heck with it and go get me a few to tide me over.  ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/28/08 at 2:19 am

Oh my goodness, I've been craving wings from Buffalo Wild Wings lately.  Haven't really had the money to go out to get even a few (I especially like on Thursday nights when they have them really cheap!)  Perhaps soon I will just say heck with it and go get me a few to tide me over.  ;D
I have to say I like KFC wings better than the wing stop.  never had Buffalo wild wings.

Written By: gumbypiz on 01/28/08 at 6:06 pm

There's a chain of chicken wing restaurants called http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0S020vUcJ1Hdh8ARUmjzbkF/SIG=12m0shbnm/EXP=1201586772/**http%3A//img.epinions.com/images/opti/fd/ae/Wing_Stop-resized200.jpg

I decided to try their wings Friday and was very dissapointed. I got 10 wings for $5.99, not 10 whole wings, 10 half wings you could say. 5 Original Hot and 5 Extra Hot and I can make them better and much cheaper, and these tiny little things must have been pigeons or some small breed of chicken because there wasn't much meat. my review is that it's a ripoff & I'll never go there again.

Wow, sorry you had such a bad experience with Wing Stop. They're all over the place in Southern Cali and popular too. I will admit, since they are franchises, the quality of what you get does vary.
Strange but I've noticed the WS that are in the lesser affluent areas are WAY better in service and food than the ones in more affluent areas, doesn't make sense, but found it to be true.
Not sure what you got, but here 10 wings are $8.99 and you get the real deal. Maybe the place you went was not up to snuff?

Written By: Jessica on 01/28/08 at 6:39 pm

I know. I've been craving their chicken wrap. It's soooooooooooo good.

I have to say I like KFC wings better than the wing stop.  never had Buffalo wild wings.

I think the closest one to you is in So. Cal. They're barely spreading out West.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/28/08 at 7:13 pm

Wow, sorry you had such a bad experience with Wing Stop. They're all over the place in Southern Cali and popular too. I will admit, since they are franchises, the quality of what you get does vary.
Strange but I've noticed the WS that are in the lesser affluent areas are WAY better in service and food than the ones in more affluent areas, doesn't make sense, but found it to be true.
Not sure what you got, but here 10 wings are $8.99 and you get the real deal. Maybe the place you went was not up to snuff?
this is a fairly affluent & uppity locale which supports your observation about the quality. I paid $5.99 for 10 wings, not the meal, no drink or fries, just wings. I do like the airplane theme they got going on, and they only opened about a month ago so maybe they will get better.

I think the closest one to you is in So. Cal. They're barely spreading out West.
thanks for the tip Jess, I may be going to Disneyland in April, and if it's in Anaheim, I may be sampling some.

Written By: gumbypiz on 02/04/08 at 2:05 am

Just had my first sampling of wings at "Hooters".
Greasy, VERY greasy, and the "hot" wings weren't even close to being "hot". Really, I've had hotter food from a Taco Bell!
Factoring in the 30 min wait to get them and the $9.00 cost for 10 wings, NEVER again. Surprised people continue to praise this place for its wings as they are absolutely HORRIBLE!!  Greasy, VERY GREASY inedible (pool of grease on the serving platter) and the ranch/blue cheese dressing is also watery and tasteless.
If you factor in the parking hassle, the wait time and the under-par food, there is NO REASON to frequent Hooters for wings, EVER!

Yes, there are women running around in skimpy clothing, but honestly, I'd rather have decent food (and the ladies were rather fugly if you ask me) then to be a perv and look at skanky dressed women...

All in all Hooters SUCKS! The absolute WORST wings I've had in my LIFE!  >:(

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/04/08 at 3:08 am

Greasy, VERY greasy, and the "hot" wings weren't even close to being "hot". Really, I've had hotter food from a Taco Bell!
Factoring in the 30 min wait to get them and the $9.00 cost for 10 wings, NEVER again. Surprised people continue to praise this place for its wings as they are absolutely HORRIBLE!!  Greasy, VERY GREASY inedible (pool of grease on the serving platter) and the ranch/blue cheese dressing is also watery and tasteless.
If you factor in the parking hassle, the wait time and the under-par food, there is NO REASON to frequent Hooters for wings, EVER!

Yes, there are women running around in skimpy clothing, but honestly, I'd rather have decent food (and the ladies were rather fugly if you ask me) then to be a perv and look at skanky dressed women...

that's good to know, because I've never had them, but there is a Hooters not too far from work and I've been interested in trying the wings, but now see it's all HYPE.  so good, and thanks, I won't waste my time or money

Written By: Jessica on 02/04/08 at 9:46 am

Do you honestly think people go there for the food? And I don't know about where you are located, but the chicks in the San Francisco Hooters are really pretty, not artificially so, but good looking with some awesome personalities. We took our son there when he was a wee baby, and they just loved him to death and cheerfully posed for pics with him. Our waitress actually asked our permission to take him around and show him to the other girls in the restaurant.

Furthermore, I am not a pervert because I like to go there and "look". Sure, they dress in skimpy clothing, but I'm not seeing ass cheeks or tits hanging out like you would at any mall in America. Hell, I see less flesh at Hooters than I do on a typical 16 year old walking down the street in "trendy" clothing.

I can't say anything about the wings because I've never had them, but their Cubano sandwiches are excellent.

Written By: chiefyamick on 02/04/08 at 9:02 pm

two flavors that I've knda come up with (lol at least I'm the only one in my area that does them)

bourbon-sauced wings
buffalo style, but after you coat them in the sauce then you sprinkle parmesan cheese on them...yummy

Written By: gumbypiz on 02/05/08 at 11:01 pm

Do you honestly think people go there for the food? And I don't know about where you are located, but the chicks in the San Francisco Hooters are really pretty, not artificially so, but good looking with some awesome personalities. We took our son there when he was a wee baby, and they just loved him to death and cheerfully posed for pics with him. Our waitress actually asked our permission to take him around and show him to the other girls in the restaurant.

Furthermore, I am not a pervert because I like to go there and "look". Sure, they dress in skimpy clothing, but I'm not seeing ass cheeks or tits hanging out like you would at any mall in America. Hell, I see less flesh at Hooters than I do on a typical 16 year old walking down the street in "trendy" clothing.

I can't say anything about the wings because I've never had them, but their Cubano sandwiches are excellent.

You're right, I guess most guys go there for "other" reasons, but still, if they go for one thing you should at least serve decent food to keep 'em there.
I'm a full red blooded, almost always horny guy, but when I want to eat, I want to eat, no amount of naked flesh is going to distract me, so the skimpy attire of the ladies doesn't even get a first glance. Wings first, beer second, ass cheeks falling out last.
I went to the Hooters in Long Beach on Pine Ave, upscale touristy downtown area. Normally in the past Hooters wouldn't of dared open shop there (like opening a Jack in the Box, next to a 5 star restaurant if you know what I mean).

I'll try not to be judgmental, but the women working there were not of the first caliber or even second, service was not good, as I'm assuming they would not be the type that would normally work in the area, most of the women looked like they were young but had been through the wash and dry cycle, the hard life. They weren't the best looking examples, and I live in Cali, beautiful women seem to fall out of the trees here...Sorry, maybe I don't get out much don't go to the malls often but I don't see many women dressed (or that undressed) in public, at least not for someplace that I don't have to pay a cover to get in and I didn't really see the attire at Hooters to be a valid substitute for the bad wings and poor service.

Anyhoo, I went there for a friend who wanted to go there for his birthday, he said they "must be off their game" per the wings, so I'll leave it at that...we did wonder if the concept would work in other venues, as Long Beach has a large gay community, how about a male gay version of Hooters called "Roosters" and call the serves/waiters "c*cks"?  ;D
Well, we thought it was funny anyway...

Written By: Jessica on 02/06/08 at 9:22 am

Is Hooters a franchise? That could be why the one in San Francisco was vastly different from the one in Long Beach. The ladies in SF didn't look like the billboard advertising, but they were still very pretty. And I gathered from the way Rice Cube was putting the wings away that they were decent. ;D

I haven't tried any here in the Midwest, although there are a TON. We usually hit up Buffalo Wild Wings.

Written By: gumbypiz on 02/08/08 at 4:02 am

Is Hooters a franchise? That could be why the one in San Francisco was vastly different from the one in Long Beach. The ladies in SF didn't look like the billboard advertising, but they were still very pretty. And I gathered from the way Rice Cube was putting the wings away that they were decent. ;D

I haven't tried any here in the Midwest, although there are a TON. We usually hit up Buffalo Wild Wings.

Yep, they are (franchised). I'll leave it to a bad night at Hooters. But the thing is you can tell that if the wings weren't in the vat as long as they were they wouldn't be so greasy (the time you leave fried items in a hot vat will determine the final product) thats the sign of a inattentive cook. I can stand it not being so hot (they did have Hooters extra hot sauce on the table) but the greasy fried wings was beyond the pale.
Again as for the females, they look like they had lived the hard life.
They seemed (me being a jerk saying so) the waitresses that wouldn't have gotten a job at the other much more upscale restaurants in the area..."Alice" at Mel's diner in a land of $100 an hour bread crumb sweepers, if y'know what I mean...and really, barely clothed females is NOT the reason I go out to have some good hot wings.
Hey, I LOVE wings and will give any place a chance to feed me the good stuff, but the hype of Hooters didn't come close to what it turned out to be.
If you're down LB way, let me know, and I'll show you the good places for wings (and fish tacos too), guaranteed.  ;)

Written By: danootaandme on 02/08/08 at 9:57 am

Right now I am having Mesquite wings from Costco, and they aren't too bad at all    :)

Check for new replies or respond here...