inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Water

Written By: Tam on 01/26/07 at 11:54 am

The city where I live claims that our water is drinkable...

Sure, if you don't mind it smelling like bleach and tasting like dirt!
So we buy 2 gallon jugs of Ozarka which stay in our fridge with a pour spout.

Oh, and one day, actual dirt came out of the sink taps!
But it's drinkable!!! ::)

Tell us about your water!

Subject: Re: Water

Written By: Brian06 on 01/26/07 at 11:59 am

Our water is not bad compared to some other places, because we have Lake Erie for (supposedly) fresh water. There's a ton of chlorine in the water of course, so I would still prefer bottled water.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/26/07 at 11:59 am

Our water is ok, but it's really hard so we use a filter.  

My dad lives right in the mouth of a canyon, and he has the most incredible water I've ever tasted, right out of his tap.  It is always so cold and so...perfect.

Written By: Tam on 01/26/07 at 12:02 pm

Hard water... that's another thing!

After showering, my skin feels so tight that I have to use tons of lotion just to feel better.

My dad also has a spring fed well and his water is the best tasting water I have ever drank!
Amazing how the water pollution control plants manage to jack it up!

Written By: Tanya1976 on 01/26/07 at 12:10 pm

The water in Southern CA tastes funny (eg. too mineral - y) compared to Pennsylvania water, which tastes like actual water.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/26/07 at 1:39 pm

our water tastes like sh!t....however, my parent's have well water..and it tastes like spring water...it's SOO good.

Written By: Suicidal Blonde on 01/26/07 at 2:41 pm

Our water is ok. Sometimes you can smell bleach and sometimes you don't. I drink more water from my faucet then from bottled, but I do buy cases of bottled water as well for things like school.  ;)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/26/07 at 4:29 pm

Our water tastes like water.  Nothing stands out.  I drink more bottled water anyway, just because we have 50 bottles at any given time in our fridge.

Written By: La Roche on 01/26/07 at 4:42 pm

Maybe I've been lucky.. or maybe it's just me being dense.. I dunno. I've never lived anywhere where the tap water has tasted any different to where I was before. In fact, I've never been anywhere (except Eastern Europe) where the water was even strange in the slightest manner.

Admittedly, down in southern europe, around Albania and such like the water sometimes comes out pretty cloudy.. but it was ok. The only place I've turned on the tap and gone "EUURGH!" was in Estonia. So I just drank beer.

Written By: spaceace on 01/26/07 at 5:35 pm

Lancaster City's water treatment system dates back to the 1950.  They say they have to upgrade because of bioterrorism.  I'm not gonna drink the water till the upgrade.
I know what you mean about well water Quirk.  My parents have a well too.  I didn't know I had it so good till I left home.

Written By: whistledog on 01/26/07 at 6:07 pm

A few years ago, there was a HUGE water scare in nearby Walkerton, Ontario where people were getting sick, some even dying from contaminated water.  I drink bottled water mostly, but I will only drink tap water from a water fountain in a public place

Written By: Tam on 01/26/07 at 11:32 pm

A few years ago, there was a HUGE water scare in nearby Walkerton, Ontario where people were getting sick, some even dying from contaminated water.  I drink bottled water mostly, but I will only drink tap water from a water fountain in a public place

I remember that! Ecoli I believe!

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 01/26/07 at 11:41 pm

Our water tastes & looks like water. Best in the country. Everywhere else tastes like bleach or is rather filthy. Particularly out in the country.

Written By: whistledog on 01/26/07 at 11:41 pm

I remember that! Ecoli I believe!

It was Ecoli yes.  When I saw it on the news, I was terrified that it was gonna spread across Ontario.  I am glad it didn't though

Written By: pink daisy on 01/27/07 at 6:03 pm

My water tastes OK but it's so hard that in the two years I've lived in my house it's killed two electric kettles and a washing machine.  And that was even with using water softener tablets every time I do laundry.

Written By: Stompgal on 01/28/07 at 5:50 am

I like tap water that has been filtered. When I go abroad, I only drink bottled mineral water in case local water is unsafe to drink.

Check for new replies or respond here...