inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Turkey

Written By: Suicidal Blonde on 01/26/07 at 2:45 pm

On Thanksgiving we had an organic turkey that was pre-cooked. We were told to heat it for 3 hours , so we did. The turkey was dry when we pulled it out. I was disappointed that our meal wasn't exactly how we imangined it to be. :-[ :-\\

So I'm gonna ask you cooks out there a couple of questions.

How do you guys prepare it?

Whats your secrets for making it stay moist?

Subject: Re: Turkey

Written By: Jessica on 01/26/07 at 6:08 pm

Well this past Thanksgiving I made my very first turkey. I rubbed it with Brummel and Brown yogurt spread, sprinkled garlic salt and pepper on it, and then sprinkled paprika over that. I then used a Reynold's oven bag to cook it. After it was done (used a meat thermometer to see), I let it rest a good twenty minutes before I carved it. It was perfectly moist and flavorful. :)

Written By: Stompgal on 01/28/07 at 5:56 am

I buy cooked sliced turkey from the supermarket to use in wraps and sandwiches. I like the Matterson's Turkey, Chicken, Ham and Honey Ham that come in small plastic packaging and they cost 60p a pack in Tesco. They used to be 50p but when I did my weekly food shop on Friday, I noticed that the price had gone up.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 01/29/07 at 2:26 pm

I use the oven bag method (which saves time and much effort, btw). Prior to placing it in the bag, I stuff it with celery and onions. I sprinkle it (very generously) with poultry seasoning, garlic powder, sage, pepper, and seasoned salt. It comes out very juicy!!!

Check for new replies or respond here...