inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favorite Hamburger Helper flavor

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 03/25/07 at 2:00 am

What's your favorite?

Subject: Re: Favorite Hamburger Helper flavor

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/25/07 at 2:38 am

Beef Stroganoff
Lasagna
Cheesy Italian Shells
Italian Sausage
Cheeseburger Macaroni
Double Cheeseburger Macaroni
Three Cheese
Cheesy Hashbrowns
Bacon Cheeseburger
Chili Macaroni

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/25/07 at 3:31 am

I haven't had this in decades, but i remember cheeseburger macaroni was my #1 choice and lasagna 2nd

Is it good and does anyone still eat it?

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 03/25/07 at 4:00 am

They used to have a flavor called Potato Stroganoff that we liked, but I can't find it anymore.  (Not that I make it very often anyways)

They used to also have a flavor that was Oriental Beef and Rice or something of that nature, I used to make that and add in a can of LaChoy Chinese Vegetables.  It was really quite tasty.

Written By: Davester on 03/25/07 at 4:13 pm

Beef is the only one I remember and currently have in the pantry...

I'm going to try some other flavors...

Written By: spaceace on 03/29/07 at 11:34 am

Creamy Italian Tuna Helper

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/29/07 at 12:08 pm

Beef Noodle.

Hamburger Helper is surprisingly good.  I never had it growing up - my mom was definitely old school, but I make it sometimes and I like it.  I made it for my dad a while back, and he went crazy over it.  It was funny - he couldn't get over how good it was!

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/29/07 at 12:20 pm

None!!  I got sick once and it was the last thing I ate. 

My husband likes the Cheeseburger Macaroni.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/29/07 at 12:22 pm

None!!  I got sick once and it was the last thing I ate. 

:-\\  Ugh...I have the same problem with Prego spaghetti sauce and Arbys...I can never eat either of them again.

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 05/13/07 at 5:37 am

They used to have a flavor called Potato Stroganoff that we liked, but I can't find it anymore.  (Not that I make it very often anyways)
I remember that. They also had a variation of that, and it had peas and carrots in it. It was great. I think they discontinued that specific flavor in the early 90's.

My favorite is Cheeseburger Macaroni, and Beef Noodle is a close second.

Another great flavor they used to have was some sort of stroganoff that had an extra flavoring pack, and it was sour cream. You mixed that seasoning packet with some milk, and when the Hamburger Helper was done, you poured it over it. Yummy. Haven't seen that flavor in years.

Anyone else remember the generic brand called Panburger Partner? ;D

Written By: Step-chan on 05/15/07 at 9:24 pm

Cheeseburger Macaroni

Written By: KKay on 05/15/07 at 9:37 pm

I've never had it....but it sounds good reading about it.

Written By: La Roche on 05/15/07 at 9:50 pm

:-\\  Ugh...I have the same problem with Prego spaghetti sauce and Arbys...I can never eat either of them again.

.. and to think, I got two coupons for free Arby's sandwiches today.. I was gonna share.

I love Bacon Cheeseburger.

Written By: jackas on 05/16/07 at 12:27 am

Cheeseburger Macaroni

Written By: spaceace on 05/16/07 at 2:05 pm

Anyone remember that scene in National Lampoon's Vacation?  Where Eddie says something like . . . "I don't see why they call it hamburger helper.  It taste pretty good by itself." ;D

Written By: karen on 05/17/07 at 10:50 am

Anybody care to try and explain what it is?

Written By: jackas on 05/17/07 at 11:11 am

Anybody care to try and explain what it is?

It's a box of noodles and a packet of seasoning.  You have to buy a pound of ground beef to add to the mix.  So you brown the meat and then add some water and or milk and the noodles and seasoning packet.  Cover and let it cook for 20 mins stirring occasionally. 

The cheeseburger macaroni flavor is kind of like if you mixed ground beef into your macaroni and cheese.

http://gremolata.com/images/hamburgerhelper.jpg

Written By: jakazz30 on 05/22/07 at 3:09 am

They used to also have a flavor that was Oriental Beef and Rice or something of that nature, I used to make that and add in a can of LaChoy Chinese Vegetables.  It was really quite tasty.

I thought this was as good of a place to start with my first post......
The "Potato Stroganoff" is still available, not all stores carry the entire line of Hamburger Helper products. (At one point there was over 30 different varieties)
My favorite flavor was the other one you mentioned, it was called "Rice Oriental". Unfortunately it was discontinued about a year ago. I've found that I can accomplish pretty much the same thing with hamburger, instant rice, and a packet of chow mein seasoning.

Written By: Codex on 10/20/11 at 8:12 pm

Anyone else remember the generic brand called Panburger Partner? ;D

I acually liked Panburger Partner a lot better than the real stuff. Definately cheeseburger macaroni.  As of this week there is no more Panburger Partner at my grocery store   :(

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/20/11 at 9:13 pm

I really like the newish Hamburger helper microwave.  You don't have to anything but add water and microwave 6 minutes.  It has beef (or something resembling beef) dehydrated in each packet.  Hubby can't usually eat it because it has MSG and he's rather sensitive to it's effects.  But it tastes just like the regular kind and is super easy. 

Written By: SpyroKev on 11/13/15 at 3:40 pm

A guess Beef Pasta at this point. I used to love the Mexican Style Cheese flavor, but it was discontinued mysteriously in 2010. The taste was great. I want to properly learn how to cook Cheese Burger Macaroni since its the closest. One of my Aunts made it in the 90s and it was killer. Could never get it the same.

Written By: Ripley on 11/14/15 at 9:37 am

Romanoff, but I don't think its sold in the states anymore.

Check for new replies or respond here...