inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Picky eaters???

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 04/27/07 at 8:52 am

karen & my OT posts on the squash thread made me think of this:

Are you picky about your food or is someone else in your family?  For example, do you not like "chunky" things?  Do you only eat a certain food or avoid a certain food?

I have the nightmare of all families:
hubby won't eat anything that even remotely resembles anything "out of a box," no sour cream/cream cheese/mayonnaise/ranch, no mustard (even if it's mixed in something else) and a few others
Oldest: nothing "crunchy" (i.e. diced onions, peppers, tomatoes, lettuce), no sauce on pasta, nothing with more than 2 different "textures" (and even then, it's iffy), no cooked carrots but will eat them raw, no dips/sauces/etc.
Middle: not too picky, but a little selective on his veggies and meats, no cooked carrots but will eat them raw
Youngest: also not too picky, but no gravy, would prefer ground meats (but will eat chicken-sometimes), nothing with carrots (cooked or raw), no rice (even if it's cooked in something else), no lettuce

I'll eat pretty much anything except cauliflower *unless it's steamed in sauce* and I'd prefer not to have BBQ sauce, but will still eat something with it on it and I'm not big on ketchup unless it's on a burger with other condiments...

Subject: Re: Picky eaters???

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/27/07 at 9:02 am

I am not too picky, and neither is Vaughn....but Chris won't eat any veggie except corn...that's the ONLY one he will eat.  He hates salads, and when he orders a sandwich anywhere...he only wants mayo and cheese on it...no tomato/lettuce/etc.  You would think that he would be the type that would eat anything...but that is so not true. He also will never eat chili.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 04/27/07 at 9:38 am

I am not too picky, and neither is Vaughn....but Chris won't eat any veggie except corn...that's the ONLY one he will eat.  He hates salads, and when he orders a sandwich anywhere...he only wants mayo and cheese on it...no tomato/lettuce/etc.  You would think that he would be the type that would eat anything...but that is so not true. He also will never eat chili.
Hubby usually orders it with just cheese, no condiments of any kind.
Oh, and forget chili in my house, too much stuff mixed together ::)

Written By: lorac61469 on 04/27/07 at 10:19 am

My kids are picky.

Megan will not eat ketchup or tomato sauce.  Mayo only.  Will only eat a certain kind of Mac & cheese (different than the kind my son likes).  Will not eat cheese burgers at all.  Hates skin on chicken and breading on chicken fingers (will peel it off).  Likes only apples, grapes and bananas. 

Hunter hate fruit and veggies.  Loves ketchup-hates mayo.  Will not eat any beef but loves chicken in any shape or form.  Has to have Kraft mac & cheese.  Will not eat any kind of sandwich, except for peanut butter.  He could live on pizza, hotdogs and macaroni & cheese.

Me, I'm not too picky.  I'll try just about anything.

Hubby hates olives, green peppers and onions.  He could eat ketchup on just about anything.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/27/07 at 12:11 pm

Usually I will try something at least once but there are only a few foods that I won't eat (only because I don't like them):

Mustard is tops on my list
Pickles
Some fish (I do like tuna but can't stand salmon)

The only food that I can think of that Carlos won't eat is liver. (I do like chicken livers better than beef liver but he can't eat any of it.)

Cat

Written By: whistledog on 04/27/07 at 3:06 pm

I am not too picky, but I don't like Tomatoes, unless they are inside of a Burrito of some sort and I can't get them out

Whenever I'd go to a Fast Food joint, I'd always request to have the Tomatoes taken off my burger, but I don't do that anymore, cause these incompotent boobs that work at these places don't really seem to know what they are doing lol  You ask for no Tomatoes, and they give you extra tomatoes, no lettuce, and one time, I even got my burger and there was no meat pattie inside

Written By: spaceace on 04/27/07 at 3:16 pm

I'm not too picky.

The only way I will eat chicken is store bought patties or chicken salad.

I hate fish.

I will only eat fresh fruit, preferably in fruit salad form.

I can't stand Chinese food.

I can live on tomato or tomato by product.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 04/27/07 at 3:21 pm

I am not too picky, but I don't like Tomatoes, unless they are inside of a Burrito of some sort and I can't get them out

Whenever I'd go to a Fast Food joint, I'd always request to have the Tomatoes taken off my burger, but I don't do that anymore, cause these incompotent boobs that work at these places don't really seem to know what they are doing lol  You ask for no Tomatoes, and they give you extra tomatoes, no lettuce, and one time, I even got my burger and there was no meat pattie inside
I actually saw someone order burgers with no meat patties at McDonald's once....they ordered a Big Mac and a cheesburger - both with no meat....I would think they'd rather have Subway (which was only about 50 feet away) where they had a bigger choice of cheese/condiments ;D

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 04/27/07 at 9:13 pm

Can't stand most pre-packaged meals you buy frozen at the supermarket, then heat up in a microwave.  :P

But I'm not the only one who thinks that. Also not a big fan of sausage meats, although I love BBQ sausage. Don't care for overly sweet sauces such as Sweet Chilli, Teriaki, etc. I prefer spicy over mild. I also like to know that the food has been prepared in a clean & healthy way. But I don't consider that picky, just common sense.

Other than that, I'm not too picky about what I eat. As long as it tastes good.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 04/27/07 at 9:15 pm

I actually saw someone order burgers with no meat patties at McDonald's once....they ordered a Big Mac and a cheesburger - both with no meat....I would think they'd rather have Subway (which was only about 50 feet away) where they had a bigger choice of cheese/condiments ;D
Going to McDonalds and ordering a burger with no meat is like going to a vegetarian restaurant and ordering a plate of roast beef (for example). It's just silly.

Written By: Gis on 04/28/07 at 11:22 am

Hmm, I can be picky though I'm not as bad as I used to be. There are a lot of foods I don't like but I will always try stuff.
Ian however is a NIGHTMARE!!He won't even try things and is so picky over some things it drives me nuts. He also does things like hates cheese but eats pizza, hates fish but eats fishcakes or fishfingers. Apparently when he was a kid he went a couple of years only eating Oxtail soup and bread, or fishfingers.  :o

Written By: lorac61469 on 04/28/07 at 12:17 pm

I had a friend who was a "vegetarian", when her kids wanted McDonald's she would order a BigMac without meat for herself. 

Written By: Stompgal on 04/28/07 at 12:23 pm

I can be picky when it comes to mushrroms and tomatoes. For instance, I  prefer fresh tomatoes raw other than fried and grilled but I like cooked plum tomatoes from a tin. I don't like raw mushrooms so I prefer them cooked.

Whenever I have a cold sub at Subway, I choose every salad ingredient except jalapenos and olives - yuck! I also don't like my meat to be too spicy in my roast dinners.

Written By: Step-chan on 04/28/07 at 4:20 pm

I'm incredibly picky. I'm a nightmare because of that.

I hate onions, olives and mushrooms for one thing. Will only eat fresh peppers and use ground pepper(not chopped).

I hate sandwich spread, chicken salad, tuna salad, pasta salad, ham salad, deviled eggs, egg salad, potato salad, etc.

Hate Mandwiche and Sloppy Joes.

I like carrots, potatoes and sweet potatoes.

I like regular salads with vegetables, croutons and dressing(Italian preferably).

I hate cottage cheese and sour cream. I like yogurt(will eat it with black cherries, blueberries, raspberries, boysenberries, blackberries)

I love ketchup, barbeque sauce and hot sauce, I hate mustard, mayonaise, guacamole and relish.

There are certain vegetables that I don't like if they're canned(spinach).

I love spicy hot flavors and garlic. I don't use coney sauce on hot dogs, I use actual chili.

I like mango dried, but not fresh. I like apples(Royal Gala preferably), grapes(Seedless any type), bananas, pears, dates(pitted, not chopped), cherries(not picky, but love em dried), most any type of berry and starfruit. I don't like citrus, melons and pineapple(unless any of these are in juice form).

Written By: loki 13 on 04/28/07 at 9:07 pm

I used to be a real picky eater but not anymore, I'm willing to try anything once, some pickiness has remained though;

I will eat potatoes in any form except mashed, I hate mashed potatoes.

I eat meatloaf but not homemade hamburgers, I prefer frozen hamburger patties.

I will not eat pasta cold or tuna hot.

absolutely no dips that contain sour cream.

I eat pork ribs, pulled pork sandwiches and bacon, other than that no pork; especially ham.

Written By: NbC on 04/29/07 at 11:41 am

I hate mayo on my sandwiches.

When I order fries I always request for freshly made.  They have to be crispy or I will send them back.

I don't like soft ice cream. 

That is about it...I am not very picky. 

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 04/29/07 at 11:59 am

I hate mayo on my sandwiches.

You and I both, Nanette!  ;)

Written By: karen on 04/30/07 at 5:48 am

I think I eat most things but I'm not too keen on lemons or blackcurrants though I will eat lemon cheesecake for example.  I don't like foods that are too hot/spicy.

Dai will eat most stuff as well.

James will eat most things but doesn't like profiteroles, brussel sprouts, pears and one or two other things

Elizabeth is probably the worst in our house.  She will only eat Rice Krispies for breakfast (she used to only eat Weetabix till she was poorly one day and they 'tasted funny'), she doesn't eat brown bread, melon, pears, oranges, kiwi, some yoghurt flavours, pasta with sauce on it, too much sauce with things like curry and bolognese, coleslaw, potato salad etc., lettuce, eggs and probably some other stuff I've forgotten.  She's switched from only drinking blackcurrant squash to only wanting water.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/30/07 at 4:26 pm

I don't like the following;

- onions
- garlic
- radishes
- beets
- turnips
- spinch
- sardines
- anchovies
- sauerkraut  (To me it tastes odd.)

Written By: Powerslave on 05/07/07 at 9:20 am

Haha. Sauerkraut is about the only food I truly despise. Apart from that, I'm good with virtually anything. My wife is a bit picky if something isn't prepared exactly so, but she'll eat almost anything. Our two year old will give anything a try. If she knocks it back, we give it to her a couple of times until she gets a taste for it, and then she never says no. She even eats mild chili. My oldest, though, won't have a bar of anything remotely spicy.

Written By: Step-chan on 05/07/07 at 7:51 pm

I don't like the following;

- onions
- garlic
- radishes
- beets
- turnips
- spinch
- sardines
- anchovies
- sauerkraut  (To me it tastes odd.)

I forgot about sauerkraut, which I don't like just based on the smell.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 05/09/07 at 10:50 am

Haha. Sauerkraut is about the only food I truly despise. Apart from that, I'm good with virtually anything. My wife is a bit picky if something isn't prepared exactly so, but she'll eat almost anything. Our two year old will give anything a try. If she knocks it back, we give it to her a couple of times until she gets a taste for it, and then she never says no. She even eats mild chili. My oldest, though, won't have a bar of anything remotely spicy.
My middle guy is like that as well.  Whenever hubby and I are eating something he's never had, he'll ask if he can try a bite...8 out of 10 times, he ends up eating the rest of mine ;D
I had a friend who was a "vegetarian", when her kids wanted McDonald's she would order a BigMac without meat for herself. 
I've seen that as well, but this guy only ordered the meatless sandwiches (and there were 4 other eateries, 1 of which was Subway) ???

Written By: Powerslave on 05/10/07 at 1:11 am

:) Her favourite thing now is "shockla milk" (chocolate milk). When she was sick last week, she couldn't have it, but she'd still ask for it. We would say, "No, you can't have that" and she would say "sick", then toddle off and do something else.

Written By: KKay on 05/13/07 at 8:17 pm

i'm not picky. i like everything.
my brother inlaw is the worst! he's never had a sandwich and never has put milk on cereal yet.

Written By: La Roche on 05/13/07 at 8:21 pm

my brother inlaw is the worst! he's never had a sandwich and never has put milk on cereal yet.

I think you'll find that's called retardation.

Written By: KKay on 05/13/07 at 8:23 pm

I think you'll find that's called retardation.

yeah, he's a pest. picks the cheese off pizza and eats the bread.

Written By: La Roche on 05/13/07 at 8:29 pm

yeah, he's a pest. picks the cheese off pizza and eats the bread.

Wow.. makes me feel punchy.

Written By: jackas on 05/16/07 at 12:54 am

I'm a very picky eater...a pain in the a$$.  I turn into a child if my food gets cold.  I won't eat leftovers unless it's pizza.  I like my hamburgers dry...just meat, lettuce and maybe a touch of ketchup.  I can't stand to eat regular sandwiches like turkey and ham.  It must be a sandwich with Italian meats and shredded lettuce.  I hate fish and mayo.  I don't care for white meat chicken and most pork.  I don't like going to those upscale restaurants where they put rosemary, mint or some other odd spice on everything.  Those places are always trying to make the food original....I don't want any surprises!!!!  These are the restaurants that have 5 choices on the menu and the prices are listed in whole dollars only...ex:  Poached Rosemary Salmon served with couscous  $15  My husband like to try those hole in the wall restaurants, but I can't stand that...you can't guarantee that you're gonna end up with a decent menu.  I could go on and on, but I will spare you all the boredom.

Written By: La Roche on 05/16/07 at 12:40 pm

I'm a very picky eater...a pain in the a$$.  I turn into a child if my food gets cold.  I won't eat leftovers unless it's pizza.  I like my hamburgers dry...just meat, lettuce and maybe a touch of ketchup.  I can't stand to eat regular sandwiches like turkey and ham.  It must be a sandwich with Italian meats and shredded lettuce.  I hate fish and mayo.  I don't care for white meat chicken and most pork.  I don't like going to those upscale restaurants where they put rosemary, mint or some other odd spice on everything.  Those places are always trying to make the food original....I don't want any surprises!!!!  These are the restaurants that have 5 choices on the menu and the prices are listed in whole dollars only...ex:  Poached Rosemary Salmon served with couscous  $15  My husband like to try those hole in the wall restaurants, but I can't stand that...you can't guarantee that you're gonna end up with a decent menu.  I could go on and on, but I will spare you all the boredom.

Wow, I'd have left you somewhere in Nebraska by the side of the highway on the way to Idaho.  ;D

Written By: jackas on 05/17/07 at 1:09 am

Wow, I'd have left you somewhere in Nebraska by the side of the highway on the way to Idaho.  ;D

eh-um...we didn't go that way.

Still...I get your point. :D 

Written By: La Roche on 05/17/07 at 9:29 am

eh-um...we didn't go that way.

Still...I get your point. :D 

I think I'd have made a detour, walking across Nebraska would be some sort of unholy punishment.

Written By: jackas on 05/17/07 at 10:48 am

I think I'd have made a detour, walking across Nebraska would be some sort of unholy punishment.

Being in Nebraska period would be unholy punishment.

Written By: La Roche on 05/17/07 at 3:36 pm

Being in Nebraska period would be unholy punishment.

Now, now.. I've been to Nebraska.. and I didn't kill myself.

I think Al is the man to ask, I haven't heard from him in a while, I told him when I get around to buying a car I'll go to KC for the day (I wanna go see Kaufman Stadium, I hear it's nice - so I figured me and Al should hit the town) but I haven't heard from him for a while now.

Written By: jackas on 05/17/07 at 10:01 pm

Now, now.. I've been to Nebraska.. and I didn't kill myself.

I think Al is the man to ask, I haven't heard from him in a while, I told him when I get around to buying a car I'll go to KC for the day (I wanna go see Kaufman Stadium, I hear it's nice - so I figured me and Al should hit the town) but I haven't heard from him for a while now.

I've seen him on pretty late at night once or twice in the last week or so.  Maybe he hasn't been in the mood to post.

Written By: La Roche on 05/17/07 at 10:08 pm

I've seen him on pretty late at night once or twice in the last week or so.  Maybe he hasn't been in the mood to post.

I think he was around today.

I'll get down there some time before September, because you know the Royals wont make the playoffs.  ;D

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 05/19/07 at 4:27 pm

I used to be really picky but now I'll try just about anything.  I just won't eat any kind of shrimp or crawfish, and I won't eat meat off of a bone.

However my 30-yr-old sister is so picky it's a nightmare when going out to eat with her or eating her cooking:

-At Chili's she always gets chicken strips cuz it's all she will eat.  And she asks for no pepper on the corn because she thinks the pepper burns her mouth.

-Yet she ALWAYS asks for "seasoned" fries

-AND at the BBQ place she eats potatoe wedges that are drowned in pepper

-She doesn't like peanut butter but she likes to make no-bake cookies.....using marshmallows as the replacement  :P

-She ate a Nutty Bar and was fine until I told her it had peanut butter

-She only uses Mrs. Dash in her spaghetti sauce so it's bland as h*ll

-But she thinks mom's spaghetti sauce with onions and green peppers and Nature's Seasoning isn't spicy enough  ???

-And she literally throws fits like a 5-yr-old at a restaurant if she doesn't get her way

Written By: jackas on 05/19/07 at 4:33 pm

I used to be really picky but now I'll try just about anything.  I just won't eat any kind of shrimp or crawfish, and I won't eat meat off of a bone.

However my 30-yr-old sister is so picky it's a nightmare when going out to eat with her or eating her cooking:

-At Chili's she always gets chicken strips cuz it's all she will eat.  And she asks for no pepper on the corn because she thinks the pepper burns her mouth.

-Yet she ALWAYS asks for "seasoned" fries

-AND at the BBQ place she eats potatoe wedges that are drowned in pepper

-She doesn't like peanut butter but she likes to make no-bake cookies.....using marshmallows as the replacement  :P

-She ate a Nutty Bar and was fine until I told her it had peanut butter

-She only uses Mrs. Dash in her spaghetti sauce so it's bland as h*ll

-But she thinks mom's spaghetti sauce with onions and green peppers and Nature's Seasoning isn't spicy enough  ???

-And she literally throws fits like a 5-yr-old at a restaurant if she doesn't get her way

Wait....she doesn't want pepper on her corn because it will burn her mouth, but it's ok on potato wedges.

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 05/20/07 at 7:09 am

Wait....she doesn't want pepper on her corn because it will burn her mouth, but it's ok on potato wedges.

Yeah, I don't get it either.  Although she claims that "something in the potatoes counteracts with the pepper."  But that doesn't make sense either.  I think she just wants attention

Written By: spaceace on 05/20/07 at 11:20 am

Yeah, I don't get it either.  Although she claims that "something in the potatoes counteracts with the pepper."  But that doesn't make sense either.  I think she just wants attention

I think I understand where she's coming from.  Potato kind of soak up the pepper so that it's not that intense.  This doesn't happen with corn however.  Umm, it's really hard to explain.

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 05/20/07 at 1:19 pm

I think I understand where she's coming from.  Potato kind of soak up the pepper so that it's not that intense.  This doesn't happen with corn however.  Umm, it's really hard to explain.

Hmm...not really.... Whenever I eat Bengali food thats been made really really spicy it's always the potatoes that are the hottest.

Written By: snozberries on 06/02/07 at 3:31 pm

People at work make fun of me because I am so picky....

I don't call it picky- I jsut have discernable (and a sensitive palate)  I know what I like and that's the way I want my food.

Burger King- a Whooper no Pickles Onions or Tomatoes
Tuna Sandwich with Mayo only
Hamburgers with Ketchup only
Hot Dogs (Costco Dogs actually) with a little mustard on each side of the dog and then ketchup on top
Banana Split with all vanilla  with strawberry topping and then hot fudge on top of that, whipped cream and nuts
Burritos with rice, beans and beef (or chicken) only

I don't eat cheese, sour cream, sourkraut, mushrooms, gucamole, salsa, cream cheese, vinegar, cauliflower, celery,

When I eat I eat in sections. I thing at time. I don't like to mix my flavors so I will eat all my veggies, then my carbs, then my meat- ya gotta save the best for last

Written By: Elizabeth.xox on 07/30/07 at 11:01 pm

The only thing my older brother will eat is chicken nugets with nothing on them and occasionaly vanilla ice cream,it's a pain in the butt whenever hes over for supper  >:(

Written By: gumbypiz on 08/01/07 at 1:36 am

First me, I'm not too picky, will eat about anything. Only things I can't eat are beets, eggplant, asparagus (nasty smelling) black olives and squid. Other than that, I'll give anything a try, once.

But my girlfriend, she is THE picky eater to end all.

She will not eat turkey, hot, that is it must be cold, warm or "hot" turkey is disgusting.

Sandwiches must not have any vegetables on it, especially tomatoes.

She likes tomatoes but only in salads, tomatoes cannot be cooked in any way, that is "nasty". Therefore pasta sauces, salsa and the like are "out'.
She loves pizza, but when I mention the tomato sauce, she claims that it "doesn't count" for pizza. ::)

No beans of any kind, period. No peppers.
She loves garlic, black olives.

She will not eat pork, except bacon, which she likes BURT TO A BLACK CRISP. Seriously, it needs to be smoking/charred or she will not eat it.
Ditto with hot dogs, must be cooked on a grill, TILL ITS BURNT TO A CHARCOAL BRICK.

No beef, except for an occasional cheeseburger or Philly cheese steak, which she loves, but will make her physically ill when she eats them, but will eat them regardless from time to time.

She loves "hot" wings, they make her ill for a day or two, but will still eat them once a month, like clockwork regardless.

With the exception of French fries and an fried egg, no fried foods at all, no fried chicken, no KFC, no fast food chicken.

No seafood of any kind, except she will eat crab when she drinks alcohol (?!)

Boiled, poached, or deviled eggs are nasty. Fried eggs are OK, but must be FRIED TO A CRISP, with a "CRUST" on the edges or it is not edible.

Peaches, plums, and most citrus fruit are off limits. Strawberries and apples are great. BUT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL SHE EAT FRUIT SALAD OF ANY KIND. The fruit will "touch" one another, and that is "revolting". ???

Cannot stand ice cream, no cottage cheese, and no yogurt. Can only drink skim milk (yuk).

Cake is OK, but no pies of any kind.

Velveeta Mac and cheese is the only mac and cheese she will eat, but it must be refrigorator cold, or its not edible.

She loves "light beer" but not real beer, and no hard alcohol, unless its a whiskey sour, and that requires you to add about three tablespoons of sugar in it.

God help me, I keep finding more picky things about her, I'm going to probably marry this girl and I don't know how we will ever eat a meal together! :D

Written By: Step-chan on 08/01/07 at 3:35 pm

^
She doesn't like ice cream?

I could never live without ice cream at least once a month.

Written By: spaceace on 08/01/07 at 5:38 pm

^
She doesn't like ice cream?

I could never live without ice cream at least once a month.

Nor does she like tomato sauce.  That's a main staple in my diet.

Written By: Step-chan on 08/02/07 at 1:27 pm

Nor does she like tomato sauce.  That's a main staple in my diet.

When it comes to tomato sauce, I prefer it in pizza and pizza subs.

Written By: spaceace on 08/02/07 at 7:08 pm

When it comes to tomato sauce, I prefer it in pizza and pizza subs.

When it comes in that form it's got the right amount of spice. :)

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/02/07 at 8:22 pm

The only thing my older brother will eat is chicken nugets with nothing on them and occasionaly vanilla ice cream,it's a pain in the butt whenever hes over for supper  >:(

... Wow.

Written By: Step-chan on 08/03/07 at 1:47 pm

When it comes in that form it's got the right amount of spice. :)

I don't like the spaghetti sauce form of it though. The ingredients(some of which are vegetables I absolutely hate) and the smell just drive me away.

Written By: La Roche on 08/03/07 at 8:32 pm

So at work today because it was Friday there was a big lunch buffet.. this one woman who admittedly I've never taken the time to speak to.. walks up.. picks up a sandwich.. empties it.. yes, empties it.. and then eats the bread. Now, I'm curious as to this behavior and I say "So you don't like ham?" 'Oh no, I only eat bread.'

.. what!

I mean, ok.. maybe you pick the lettuce off, maybe you don't like Salami.. maybe you just hate mayo.. but all of it!?!?

Written By: gumbypiz on 08/05/07 at 9:58 pm

So at work today because it was Friday there was a big lunch buffet.. this one woman who admittedly I've never taken the time to speak to.. walks up.. picks up a sandwich.. empties it.. yes, empties it.. and then eats the bread. Now, I'm curious as to this behavior and I say "So you don't like ham?" 'Oh no, I only eat bread.'

.. what!

I mean, ok.. maybe you pick the lettuce off, maybe you don't like Salami.. maybe you just hate mayo.. but all of it!?!?

Um, I've known people that "unassemble" a hamburger or sandwich before eating it, or remove certain things they don't like, but they still eat the sandwich, so to speak. But to remove everything, and only eat the bread, WTF? ::)

Written By: snozberries on 08/06/07 at 9:43 am

Um, I've known people that "unassemble" a hamburger or sandwich before eating it, or remove certain things they don't like, but they still eat the sandwich, so to speak. But to remove everything, and only eat the bread, WTF? ::)

I have a friend who opens her sandwich and eats the inside contents then eats the bread....

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/06/07 at 10:46 am

I have a friend who opens her sandwich and eats the inside contents then eats the bread....

Still makes more sense than just eating the bread... I mean, why make a sandwich if you're going to only eat the bread?

Written By: sugar168 on 10/08/07 at 12:22 pm

First me, I'm not too picky, will eat about anything. Only things I can't eat are beets, eggplant, asparagus (nasty smelling) black olives and squid. Other than that, I'll give anything a try, once.

But my girlfriend, she is THE picky eater to end all.

She will not eat turkey, hot, that is it must be cold, warm or "hot" turkey is disgusting.

Sandwiches must not have any vegetables on it, especially tomatoes.

She likes tomatoes but only in salads, tomatoes cannot be cooked in any way, that is "nasty". Therefore pasta sauces, salsa and the like are "out'.
She loves pizza, but when I mention the tomato sauce, she claims that it "doesn't count" for pizza. ::)

No beans of any kind, period. No peppers.
She loves garlic, black olives.

She will not eat pork, except bacon, which she likes BURT TO A BLACK CRISP. Seriously, it needs to be smoking/charred or she will not eat it.
Ditto with hot dogs, must be cooked on a grill, TILL ITS BURNT TO A CHARCOAL BRICK.

No beef, except for an occasional cheeseburger or Philly cheese steak, which she loves, but will make her physically ill when she eats them, but will eat them regardless from time to time.

She loves "hot" wings, they make her ill for a day or two, but will still eat them once a month, like clockwork regardless.

With the exception of French fries and an fried egg, no fried foods at all, no fried chicken, no KFC, no fast food chicken.

No seafood of any kind, except she will eat crab when she drinks alcohol (?!)

Boiled, poached, or deviled eggs are nasty. Fried eggs are OK, but must be FRIED TO A CRISP, with a "CRUST" on the edges or it is not edible.

Peaches, plums, and most citrus fruit are off limits. Strawberries and apples are great. BUT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL SHE EAT FRUIT SALAD OF ANY KIND. The fruit will "touch" one another, and that is "revolting". ???

Cannot stand ice cream, no cottage cheese, and no yogurt. Can only drink skim milk (yuk).

Cake is OK, but no pies of any kind.

Velveeta Mac and cheese is the only mac and cheese she will eat, but it must be refrigorator cold, or its not edible.

She loves "light beer" but not real beer, and no hard alcohol, unless its a whiskey sour, and that requires you to add about three tablespoons of sugar in it.

God help me, I keep finding more picky things about her, I'm going to probably marry this girl and I don't know how we will ever eat a meal together! :D

i'm not that bad.... ;)

Written By: Brigitte on 10/10/07 at 8:59 am

I can't stand water chestnuts! What the hell are they anyway? They are in most Chinese dishes and I have to pick them out. It's not the flavor (they have none) it's the texture!

Check for new replies or respond here...