inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favorite Summertime Foods

Written By: Ashkicksass on 05/22/07 at 5:18 pm

Ah the lazy days of summer...popsicles, ice cream, hot dogs.  What are some of your favorite summer treats?

I love watermelon and corn on the cob.  A barbecue just wouldn't be the same without them!

Subject: Re: Favorite Summertime Foods

Written By: La Roche on 05/22/07 at 5:19 pm

Ah the lazy days of summer...popsicles, ice cream, hot dogs.  What are some of your favorite summer treats?

I love watermelon and corn on the cob.  A barbecue just wouldn't be the same without them!

Did I tell you about when I tripped and dropped a watermelon down the basement stairs?  :-[

BBQ! BBQ! BBQ! There ain't nothin' a big biscuit n' gravy eatin sumbitch like me enjoys more than BBQ!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/22/07 at 6:03 pm

Fresh fruits & veggies.

Cat

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/22/07 at 10:52 pm

corn on the cob, fresh summer squash and zucchini on the grill, strawberries. homemade lemonade, fruit salads

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/23/07 at 2:35 am

when the summer fruit harvest starts in Northern California, it makes for some awesome fruit salads with nectarines, blackberries, peaches, strawberries, kiwi, watermelon, bananas, grapes, pears, and apples. I like to mix them all up in a big bowl if available.

BBQ'd anything chiken, beef, pork, fish, shellfish. it's all good summertime food

Written By: Gis on 05/23/07 at 9:02 am

All the fresh fruit I *LOVE* fruit.

Written By: spaceace on 05/23/07 at 12:34 pm

Popsicles.  Pasta salad,  frozen fruit

Written By: Step-chan on 05/23/07 at 3:31 pm

Ice cream and other frozen desserts in general.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 05/23/07 at 9:50 pm

BBQ, water ice, and hot dogs

Written By: MLB on 05/23/07 at 10:50 pm

I like fresh cherries and when I have the money strawberries too:  they are expensive but very sweet from the roadside stands where they are picked....oh, an advantage of living in So Cal, early strawberries.  Oh, adding real cherry^ or strawberry to my cola soda.
  I like Ice cream on the cone walking to someplace with anyone for company...so much more fun than buying a pint, or bigger carton and scooping into a bowl.

Written By: KKay on 05/23/07 at 11:05 pm

Nathan's at Coney Island...that cup of fries with that sweet ketchup.  Yum.  and slurpees.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/24/07 at 2:20 am

potato salad at the BBQ

Written By: Barefoot_Blues on 05/24/07 at 12:12 pm

Potato salad, macaroni salad, watermelon, chips and salsa, lots and lots of ice cold water.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 05/24/07 at 3:43 pm

Did I tell you about when I tripped and dropped a watermelon down the basement stairs?  :-[

BBQ! BBQ! BBQ! There ain't nothin' a big biscuit n' gravy eatin sumbitch like me enjoys more than BBQ!

No! ;D  Was this recent?

Ah yes, BBQ...mmmmm ribs.  In fact, all the responses on this thread are making my mouth water!

Written By: loki 13 on 05/24/07 at 6:33 pm

Jersey tomatoes and Jersey Sweet corn.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 05/24/07 at 8:12 pm

Jersey tomatoes and Jersey Sweet corn.

For sure!!! Sweet corn with melted butter!!

Written By: Barefoot_Blues on 05/25/07 at 1:15 pm

How can I forget cherries? I love those. I can't wait for my tomatos to ripen. I have two kind growing right now, and there are tons of green tomatos sprouting. 

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 05/29/07 at 10:31 am

Tomatoes right off the vine (thanks, Mom), freshly picked fruit (especially strawberries) and sweet corn.....our farmer's market opens next weekend and I'm so excited :)

Also just about anything off the grill or hot dogs and marshmallows cooked over a campfire :P

Written By: danootaandme on 05/29/07 at 10:39 am

Fresh corn, barbeque ribs, rhubarb, potato salad,

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/31/07 at 4:18 pm

Tomatoes right off the vine (thanks, Mom), freshly picked fruit (especially strawberries) and sweet corn.....our farmer's market opens next weekend and I'm so excited :)

Ours does, too. It is nice because it is in the park (every Friday) and the park isn't even a block from here (can see it from where I am sitting). So, we walk over and get lots of veggies. Of course now that our friends are putting in their garden, we may not have to go to the farmer's market too much.

Cat

Written By: Stompgal on 06/08/07 at 9:44 am

BBQ chicken
Burgers (Beef, chicken and veggie)
Sausages
Corn on the Cob
Salad (potato, mixed vegetable, pasta and couscous)
Ice cream
Sorbet
BBQ ribs
Kebabs on skewers

Written By: lorac61469 on 06/08/07 at 6:42 pm

Nathan's at Coney Island...that cup of fries with that sweet ketchup.  Yum.  and slurpees.

Do you like Ralph's Italian Ices?

Those used to be one of my favorite summer treats, Chocolate ice!!  Yummo!!

I love peaches and nectarines!!  White corn on the cob.  Fresh tomatoes grown in my yard.

Written By: KKay on 06/09/07 at 11:25 am

Do you like Ralph's Italian Ices?

that does it. now i have to get in the car and go get some.
and not some store container of it. i am going right to ralph's in port rrichmond.

Written By: lorac61469 on 06/09/07 at 11:44 am

that does it. now i have to get in the car and go get some.
and not some store container of it. i am going right to ralph's in port rrichmond.

But you gotta have Denino's first.  ;D

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 06/15/07 at 10:31 pm

Anything cold, fresh & easy to make. The barbeque is always a favourite. I also drink far more alcohol in summer.

Of course the weather here is quite mild all year 'round, so there's no reason to not enjoy a bowl of ice-cream or have a barbeque in the middle of winter.

Check for new replies or respond here...