inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: plastic mermaids in ice cream

Written By: Mara on 06/16/07 at 2:21 pm

Does anyone remember the clear plastic toys that I think came with ice cream dishes at maybe Farrell's or some place like that?
I primarily remember pink mermaids, although they may have come in other colors.  I had a few of them when I was little and I think it was in the 1970's that I collected them. I've been looking around for some mention of them and haven't found one yet. Just want to be sure I didn't imagine them.  :)

Subject: Re: plastic mermaids in ice cream

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/16/07 at 5:40 pm

Only been to a Farrell's once. in McLean, VA, back when I graduated high school in 1987 and went to visit my friend that I grew up with who moved and now lived in Virginia.  It happened to be my birthday so she gathered her friends and we went to get ice cream.  I did not know that they announced birthdays.  Kinda embarrassing, but it's something I still remember.

Sorry I don't remember getting any toys, but I was 18 then so I wasn't really into plastic mermaids by then (although it would be fun to get one now.)  ;D

Here is a nice webpage for you to look at about Farrell's if you are interested.
http://www.happyitis.biz/

Check for new replies or respond here...