inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Taco Bell vs. Del Taco

Written By: coqueta83 on 06/20/07 at 2:39 am

I like both places, but I think Taco Bell is just a little bit better.  :)

Subject: Re: Taco Bell vs. Del Taco

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/20/07 at 9:10 am

I had to vote for Taco Bell...we don't have the other place near us.

Written By: Marty McFly on 06/20/07 at 1:24 pm

I probably go to Taco Bell every couple days (it helps 'cause it's pretty cheap, lol). There's enough variety to not get sick of them. Tostadas and 7-layer burritos are good. From what I can remember about Del Taco (I think it might just be west coast-dominated, but I haven't been to one in awhile) it was like an inferior combination of Burger King and TB.

Written By: whistledog on 06/20/07 at 1:25 pm

I've never even heard of Del Taco before. 

I love Taco Bell.  I always get the Fries Supreme 8)

Written By: gumbypiz on 06/20/07 at 2:01 pm

This is a difficult one to answer.

See, I like both, but only if:

1. I'm broke, or only have a few dollars on me.
2. I am (or was) inebriated or under the influence of like beverages.
(Funny, I remember eating a LOT of Taco Bell in college, when both #1 & #2 were always the case!)

I like how they advertise the craving for "fourth meal", this is the craving of late night partyers looking to get some food in them to soak up their intake from the nights events.  ;D

BTW, Del Taco seems to be made with fresher ingredients than Taco Bell to me...

Anyhoo, comparing the two is like comparing brands of toilet paper, there's not that much difference in them as they are both going to end up in the same place once your done with it!  ;D

Written By: nally on 06/20/07 at 2:20 pm

I like Taco Bell better.

Written By: Marty McFly on 06/20/07 at 3:11 pm

This is a difficult one to answer.

See, I like both, but only if:

1. I'm broke, or only have a few dollars on me.
2. I am (or was) inebriated or under the influence of like beverages.
(Funny, I remember eating a LOT of Taco Bell in college, when both #1 & #2 were always the case!)

I like how they advertise the craving for "fourth meal", this is the craving of late night partyers looking to get some food in them to soak up their intake from the nights events.  ;D

BTW, Del Taco seems to be made with fresher ingredients than Taco Bell to me...

Anyhoo, comparing the two is like comparing brands of toilet paper, there's not that much difference in them as they are both going to end up in the same place once your done with it!  ;D

I like one of Taco Bell's slogans, Think outside the bun. ;)

Yeah, they're one of the few 24-hour places, not counting the drive-thru, lol.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/21/07 at 10:59 am

I probably go to Taco Bell every couple days (it helps 'cause it's pretty cheap, lol). There's enough variety to not get sick of them. Tostadas and 7-layer burritos are good. From what I can remember about Del Taco (I think it might just be west coast-dominated, but I haven't been to one in awhile) it was like an inferior combination of Burger King and TB.

It's funny because I used to hate Taco Bell...then recently, I've had strange urges (no, I'm not pregnant! LOL! ;)) for it..and now everytime I feel like grabbing something quick...I will stop there for a supreme Chalupa.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 06/21/07 at 12:28 pm

Del Taco. It appears cleaner than Taco Bell, whose food and appearance has considerably gone down for years.

Written By: Lindee on 06/23/07 at 6:54 pm

I had to vote for Taco Bell...we don't have the other place near us.

Same here

Subject: Taco Bell vs. Del Taco

Written By: Dude111 on 11/04/20 at 7:50 am

I used to love taco bell but lately have had MOES alot more until a few years ago.. The quality started to go downhill and for the price MOEs charges,its not worth it!

Written By: wagonman76 on 11/04/20 at 5:29 pm

Never heard of Del Taco.

I like Taco Bell but they have gotten rid of (or are scheduled to get rid of) my favorite things. I’ve only gone there once this year as any given day it’s over a half hour wait in the drive thru.

Written By: Indy Gent on 07/23/21 at 10:46 am

We don't have Del Taco here, so Taco Bell is a gimme.

Written By: SpaceHog on 07/23/21 at 11:42 am

Had both, like both. Where I live currently we only have one Taco Bell. When I lived in the Midwest, we had both. I do love TB's Chalupas.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/23/21 at 12:49 pm

Taco Bell.

Written By: Howard on 07/24/21 at 2:36 pm

Taco Bell.

I would say Taco Bell too.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 07/24/21 at 3:06 pm

It's been 15 years since I've had Del Taco so I'm not sure (there aren't any Del Tacos in the Midwest), but I think they were probably better than Taco Bell.

But if I want fast Mexican food, I'll go to one of local/regional chains that are much better and are open 24 hours.

Written By: Ripley on 11/19/22 at 7:03 pm

But if I want fast Mexican food, I'll go to one of local/regional chains that are much better and are open 24 hours.

This!
Taco Shop and Taco Tico!

Check for new replies or respond here...