inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favorite party dip recipes

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/08/07 at 11:31 am

I'm one that loves a good dip or two at a party. Here's one of my favorites that I made last night to take to a picnic...it went over very well. Warning...it's kind of spicy! ;)

Buffalo Chicken Dip

2-3 large boneless chicken--cooked
16 oz. cream cheese--softened
3/4 cup ranch dressing
3/4 cup hot sauce
shredded chedder cheese

Cook the boneless chicken and cut into small pieces (or in my case, I used my little electric chopper and chopped them finely). Then, mix the chicken, cream cheese, ranch dressing, hot sauce together in a bowl.  Transfer to a pan and sprinkle the shredded cheese on top. Cook at 375 for about 15-20 minutes. Serve hot with chips or bread.

YUM-O! :P

Subject: Re: Favorite party dip recipes

Written By: Southern Image on 07/08/07 at 11:35 am

I do the simple stuff

Sour Cream
Lipton Onion Mix

Mix together, chill and just add chips  :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/08/07 at 1:00 pm

I do the simple stuff

Sour Cream
Lipton Onion Mix

Man, you stole my recipe.  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: gemini on 07/08/07 at 4:01 pm

I made this one for Linz's grad party. Everyone wanted the recipe so I made some copies and put them in with the thank you cards that she sent out! I got it off some recipe site and it was the first time I made it, but it turned out great and tasted great. Pretty simple and alot of you have probably had it before. It's just taco dip, but yummy!  :)

2 pkgs plain cream cheese
8 oz. sour cream
3/4 cup salsa
1 pkg taco seasoning (Taco bell recommended)
1/2 head shredded lettuce (I bought the bag that's already shredded)
fine shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup diced green onions
1 cup diced tomatoes

Mix together softened cream cheese, sour cream, salsa and taco seasoning. Pour into oblong pan.
Layer lettuce, cheese, onions and tomatoes on top.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 07/08/07 at 5:27 pm

I made this one for Linz's grad party. Everyone wanted the recipe so I made some copies and put them in with the thank you cards that she sent out! I got it off some recipe site and it was the first time I made it, but it turned out great and tasted great. Pretty simple and alot of you have probably had it before. It's just taco dip, but yummy!  :)

2 pkgs plain cream cheese
8 oz. sour cream
3/4 cup salsa
1 pkg taco seasoning (Taco bell recommended)
1/2 head shredded lettuce (I bought the bag that's already shredded)
fine shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup diced green onions
1 cup diced tomatoes

Mix together softened cream cheese, sour cream, salsa and taco seasoning. Pour into oblong pan.
Layer lettuce, cheese, onions and tomatoes on top.

I'm one that loves a good dip or two at a party. Here's one of my favorites that I made last night to take to a picnic...it went over very well. Warning...it's kind of spicy! ;)

Buffalo Chicken Dip

3/4 cup ranch dressing
3/4 cup hot sauce
shredded chedder cheese

Cook the boneless chicken and cut into small pieces (or in my case, I used my little electric chopper and chopped them finely). Then, mix the chicken, cream cheese, ranch dressing, hot sauce together in a bowl.  Transfer to a pan and sprinkle the shredded cheese on top. Cook at 375 for about 15-20 minutes. Serve hot with chips or bread.

Dang!  Those sound great!!  :)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 07/08/07 at 5:30 pm

Spinach Artichoke Dip

1 box frozen spinach
1 8oz "can" Parmesan cheese
1 can artichoke hearts
1 cup mayonaise
2-3 cloves garlic, depending on how much you like

Dice garlic, chop artichoke hearts into bite size pieces and thaw spinach.  Mix all ingredients together, and bake for 20 minutes at 350.  I usually serve it with sliced baguette or tortilla chips. 

Written By: gemini on 07/08/07 at 6:25 pm

Spinach Artichoke Dip

1 box frozen spinach
1 8oz "can" Parmesan cheese
1 can artichoke hearts
1 cup mayonaise
2-3 cloves garlic, depending on how much you like

Dice garlic, chop artichoke hearts into bite size pieces and thaw spinach.  Mix all ingredients together, and bake for 20 minutes at 350.  I usually serve it with sliced baguette or tortilla chips. 

I've had TGIFridays version of this and its delicious.  I'll definately try to make it myself though, probably alot more for your money.  :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/10/07 at 8:22 pm

I do the simple stuff

Sour Cream
Lipton Onion Mix

this is the preferred dip at our place too & we love it with 1/3 less fat Ruffles. it's good with vegies too

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/10/07 at 8:54 pm

Buffalo Chicken Dip

3/4 cup ranch dressing
3/4 cup hot sauce
shredded chedder cheese

That sounds good.

Give me a good spinach dip anyday.

Written By: Jessica on 07/27/07 at 5:52 pm

Buffalo Chicken Dip

3/4 cup ranch dressing
3/4 cup hot sauce
shredded chedder cheese

I just made this right now. Sooooooooo goooooooooooooooooood................must get more..........

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/27/07 at 11:55 pm

I just made this right now. Sooooooooo goooooooooooooooooood................must get more..........

Oh gosh, isn't it amazing? I could live off of that for awhile! ;)

Written By: Jessica on 07/28/07 at 12:17 am

Oh gosh, isn't it amazing? I could live off of that for awhile! ;)

You know it's good because Jason ate a bunch of it and he's a really fussy eater! ;D

I used Louisiana hot sauce in it. It made it have a kick, but it wasn't super spicy. It tastes like those wraps I get from Buffalo Wild Wings.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/28/07 at 12:22 am

You know it's good because Jason ate a bunch of it and he's a really fussy eater! ;D

I used Louisiana hot sauce in it. It made it have a kick, but it wasn't super spicy. It tastes like those wraps I get from Buffalo Wild Wings.

ya, I don't use anything too too spicy either...I use like buffalo wing sauce....it's mm mmm good! ;) ;D

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 08/01/07 at 1:47 pm

Buffalo Chicken Dip

3/4 cup ranch dressing
3/4 cup hot sauce
shredded chedder cheese

I had something similar to this earlier this summer, but she just uses the canned chicken and I don't remember there being ranch dressing in it....I think she just said she mixes the cream cheese & hot sauce together.....regardless, it was YUMMY!!!!

I do the simple stuff

Sour Cream
Lipton Onion Mix

On a similar note:

Sour Cream
Hidden Valley Fiesta Ranch mix

Mix & chill

You can also just use a packet of Taco seasoning and it's just as tasty :P

Written By: spaceace on 08/03/07 at 1:05 am

Fruit Dip

1 medium sized container of Cool Whip

8oz of cream cheese (softened)

1 cup of sugar

Whip for a long time.  Serve with fruit.

I love this stuff!!! :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/31/08 at 12:23 am

Buffalo Chicken Dip

3/4 cup ranch dressing
3/4 cup hot sauce
shredded chedder cheese

this variation can be made with crabmeat instead of chicken...and it is just as good, if not better.

Written By: ninny on 08/31/08 at 7:26 am

I do the simple stuff

Sour Cream
Lipton Onion Mix

Man, you stole my recipe.  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

this is the preferred dip at our place too & we love it with 1/3 less fat Ruffles. it's good with vegies too

Boy this must be a classic,that's how I make it :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/31/08 at 6:09 pm

Boy this must be a classic,that's how I make it :)
after reading this, I almost made a store run to get stuff to make some but was too lazy. love that dip  :)

Written By: 2kidsami on 09/01/08 at 7:38 pm

The buffalo Chicken Dip is great!!!!!!!!  Teachers at school make this all the time in a crock pot and it is always gone way before lunch. 

I also like the spinach dip recipe off of the Knor Vegetable Soup Mix - it is a classic; especially with some King's Hawaiin Bread.

But an original Recipe and it is simple

Corned Beef and Pickle Dip (Similar to the Pickle Wraps, easier to make though)

1pkg dried beef, chopped fine
1/2 - 1cup dill pickles - coursely chopped (NOT RELISH)
1 8oz pkg cream cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tbsp. chopped green onions
1/4 tsp pepper

Mix well, let sit 1 hour chilled. Serve with crackers (I love wheat thins) or little rye breads.

AWSOME

Written By: Lindee on 09/01/08 at 9:18 pm

Velveeta & Salsa dip

1- 2 lb. box of Velveeta cheese, cut into cubes
1- jar of salsa
Place both into microwaveable bowl. Microwave until melted. Stir together. Serve with tortilla chips.

Written By: ninny on 09/01/08 at 9:45 pm

Velveeta & Salsa dip

1- jar of salsa
Place both into microwaveable bowl. Microwave until melted. Stir together. Serve with tortilla chips.

I've had that,it's delicious.

Written By: 2kidsami on 09/06/08 at 6:55 am

Velveeta & Salsa dip

1- jar of salsa

Variations that are great also!

Add 1 lb. of hamburger to it

Or use the

1 - 2lb box of velveeta cheese, cut into cubes
1 can of no bean canned chili 

Crockpot till well melted

Yummy Yummy Yummy in My Tummy

Written By: greenjello74 on 09/14/08 at 9:44 am

I like Salsa and sour cream blended together, and served with warm nachos covered in cheddar cheese. :P

Written By: Stompgal on 12/21/08 at 10:31 am

One dip I made six years ago was made of peanut butter, tomato ketchup and worcestershire sauce. It went very well with vegetable sticks.

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/29/08 at 3:45 pm

Fruit Dip
1 8oz cream cheese (I use 1/3 less fat)
3/4 c brown sugar
1/4 c. white sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Mix together till smooth - serve with apple slices (favorite around here)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/29/08 at 11:27 pm

actually, my previous post was not correct. this is the dip of choice http://www.hiddenvalley.com/images/products/DipsMix.jpg goes perfect with fresh vegies, and Ruffles reduced fat chips.

as for homemade dip, my I make a shrimp & crab mold with cream cheese, chopped celery, chopped green onions, mayo, and lots of baby shrimp and fresh dungeness crab. add some Knox gelatin, melt it all together in a pot, and then pour iinto a lightly sprayed mold and let sit overnight so that it chills and sets. then carefully remove from mold onto serving dish & serve with waverly or keebler crackers. it kicks ass  8)

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/30/08 at 7:55 am

actually, my previous post was not correct. this is the dip of choice http://www.hiddenvalley.com/images/products/DipsMix.jpg goes perfect with fresh vegies, and Ruffles reduced fat chips.

as for homemade dip, my I make a shrimp & crab mold with cream cheese, chopped celery, chopped green onions, mayo, and lots of baby shrimp and fresh dungeness crab. add some Knox gelatin, melt it all together in a pot, and then pour iinto a lightly sprayed mold and let sit overnight so that it chills and sets. then carefully remove from mold onto serving dish & serve with waverly or keebler crackers. it kicks ass  8)
I love that one as well - I buy the big jar of HVRanch dry powder at Sam's so I can make this and their homemade dressing anytime I want (I like the stuff with mayonnaise and milk much better than out of the bottle)

I also love the Knorr Spinach Dip Recipe - everyone raves about it (I thought everyone knew about this recipe????)

1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed (do not use fresh)
1 1/2 c. sour cream
1 c. mayonnaise (I use Hellmann's)
1 (4 oz.) pkg. Knorr vegetable soup mix
1 (8 oz.) can water chestnuts, finely chopped
3 green onions, finely chopped
Loaf of Sweet Hawaiian bread/ or pumpernickel will work

Squeeze spinach until dry. In medium bowl, stir together spinach, sour cream and soup mix. Add finely chopped water chestnuts and green onions. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight. Cut slice from top of round loaf of pumpernickel bread, hollow out loaf to leave shell to contain dip. Use bread removed from shell and top slice to cut into bite size pieces. Butter inside of bread shell, fill loaf with dip and place on platter and surround with bread pieces and variety of raw vegetables. Then...GET OUT OF THE WAY!!! After the dip is eaten, enjoy the dip soaked bread shell as well.

Check for new replies or respond here...