inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ketchup

Written By: Brigitte on 09/22/07 at 2:47 pm

I was wondering what foods you put ketchup on? My friend puts it on mac & cheese (discusting!)
I only put it on burgers and fries & scrambled eggs!
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h154/Brigitte_B/foods/foodheinz.jpg

Subject: Re: Ketchup

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/22/07 at 3:33 pm

The rule I have lived with is that Ketchup can be consumed with anything fried, especially chips.

Written By: Step-chan on 09/22/07 at 5:08 pm

Hot Dogs and Burgers mainly.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/22/07 at 7:07 pm

I was wondering what foods you put ketchup on? My friend puts it on mac & cheese (discusting!)
I only put it on burgers and fries & scrambled eggs!
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h154/Brigitte_B/seventies/foodheinz.jpg

I have that same picture, that I took while in Pittsburgh (which is very close to me). ;)

I put ketchup on french fries, sandwiches, scrambled eggs.

BTW, I will only eat Heinz ketchup!

Written By: Brigitte on 09/22/07 at 7:13 pm

YES! Heinz is the best!
My boyfriend likes to dip his grilled cheese sandwich in ketchup. YUCK!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/22/07 at 7:31 pm

YES! Heinz is the best!
My boyfriend likes to dip his grilled cheese sandwich in ketchup. YUCK!

oh I like to do that too! :D

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 09/22/07 at 7:50 pm

Mostly anything fried. Chips (fries), BBQ sausages, hot dogs etc.

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 09/22/07 at 10:11 pm

I only put ketchup on french fries and hash browns. Sometimes hamburgers. As a kid I liked making fried hot dogs smothered in ketchup and also put ketchup on scrambled eggs.

Written By: Dominic L. on 09/22/07 at 11:53 pm

Eggs, kielbasa, rice, mac & cheese, hamburgers, hotdogs, hash browns... Um... this is only sometimes, I don't regularly eat ketchup.

Written By: NbC on 09/24/07 at 3:57 am

Just on French Fries, Onion Rings, and eggs

Written By: ladybug316 on 09/24/07 at 8:40 am

Geez, my daughter's favorite food  ::).  She will dump her fish sticks in it, which just drives me nuts.

Written By: Gis on 09/24/07 at 9:24 am

Again anything fried really. I love it on fish too though, it does work with cheese! It's good on a cheese omlette or cheesy chips (A U.K delicacy!)

It absolutely HAS to be Heinz though!

Written By: whistledog on 09/24/07 at 12:38 pm

I only put Ketchup on Hot Dogs and Hamburgers, and like everyone else has said, it can only be HEINZ.  No other brand will do

The only time I ever put Ketchup on French Fries is when I am at a place where Gravy is not available (ie: McDonalds and Wendy's)

Written By: coqueta83 on 09/24/07 at 7:33 pm

Hot dogs and corn dogs.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 09/24/07 at 8:09 pm

Hamburgers and Potato products (e.g. french fries, hash browns).

I'll say this once and one time only!!! NO Friggin' Ketchup on Hot Dogs. That's just asinine!!!! :D

Written By: Jessica on 09/24/07 at 8:51 pm

I'll say this once and one time only!!! NO Friggin' Ketchup on Hot Dogs. That's just asinine!!!! :D

Amen. I have this battle with Rice everytime we get hot dogs. ;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 09/24/07 at 10:00 pm

I only eat Ketchup on Hot Dogs and Hamburgers.  Yes Tanya and Jess, Hot Dogs.  It tastes good!  :P

My sister, on the other hand, puts ketchup on EVERYTHING.  All meats, including chicken, fish, and Thanksgiving dinner.  She puts it on mac and cheese, and sometimes will just dip a piece of bread or a piece of cheese in ketchup.  She is a FREAK.

Written By: Matthias on 09/25/07 at 4:10 pm

I love ketchup!!! It is my all time favorite food! I can eat it on anything and everything!!!  :D  ;D  ::)  :)

Written By: Brigitte on 09/26/07 at 6:41 pm

I love ketchup!!! It is my all time favorite food! I can eat it on anything and everything!!!  :D  ;D  ::)  :)

That's because your a redneck! ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/27/07 at 2:07 am

That's because your a redneck! ;D
I like Ketchup, but I am no Redneck

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 09/27/07 at 2:13 am

I also enjoy Ketchup/Catsup on french fries, hash browns, fish sticks (which I have not had in a long while) I like it on burgers, but I like any dressing on a hamburger, mayo mustard, or ketchup. I especially love ketchup on meat loaf. I sometimes add a couple of drops of Tabasco to my ketchup before usage. I'll eat it on a hot dog, but I have to agree with the Hotdog/Mustard fans here and say that a hotdog or sausage really needs mustard and that goes for corn dogs too.

Written By: lorac61469 on 09/27/07 at 10:21 am

I rarely use ketchup.  I usually eat my fries plain or with ranch dressing.  Hamburgers, mayo only.  My duaghter is the same way as me.

My husband and son can eat ketchup on almost everything.  My son eats plain ketchup with a spoon and has even sucked it up with a straw!!  ;D

We only use Heinz in this house.

Written By: Brigitte on 09/27/07 at 6:09 pm

Oh Yeah, I forgot about the meatloaf! It has to go on meatloaf especially if it's dry.

Written By: Jessica on 09/27/07 at 7:04 pm

Oh Yeah, I forgot about the meatloaf! It has to go on meatloaf especially if it's dry.

Yeah, I usually mix in ketchup with the meatloaf and then smear more on top. Awesome flavor.

Written By: snozberries on 09/30/07 at 1:37 pm

Geez, my daughter's favorite food  ::).  She will dump her fish sticks in it, which just drives me nuts.

Thats funny I do too. I also dip my chicken nuggets in ketchup.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/30/07 at 2:51 pm

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Written By: whistledog on 09/30/07 at 10:30 pm

Did you know there are such things as ketchup eating contests?  It's a race to see who can down a bottle of ketchup the fastest.  I love ketchup, but I dunno if I could drink a whole bottle of it in one sitting

Written By: snozberries on 10/03/07 at 6:21 pm

Did you know there are such things as ketchup eating contests?  It's a race to see who can down a bottle of ketchup the fastest.  I love ketchup, but I dunno if I could drink a whole bottle of it in one sitting

my gag reflexes are going into overdrive just thinking about it.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 10/03/07 at 6:40 pm

Is it even possible to "drink" the stuff? You'd need to water it done surely.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/04/07 at 5:47 am

Is it even possible to "drink" the stuff? You'd need to water it done surely.

Drink the water instead.

Written By: karen on 10/04/07 at 8:17 am

I put ketchup on my chips (fries), occasionally on hot dogs and burgers and rarely on other fried food such as a full English breakfast (I prefer brown sauce with that)

Written By: snozberries on 10/04/07 at 8:38 am

I put ketchup on my chips (fries), occasionally on hot dogs and burgers and rarely on other fried food such as a full English breakfast (I prefer brown sauce with that)

what's brown sauce? like worschester? A1?

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/04/07 at 8:42 am

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/74/HP_sauce.jpg

HP Sauce is a condiment; a popular brown sauce formerly produced in Aston, Birmingham, England, by HP Foods but now produced by H.J. Heinz in Elst, the Netherlands. It has a malt vinegar base blended with fruit and spices and is usually eaten as an adjunct to hot or cold savoury food, or used as an ingredient in soups or stews. It is the most well known brand of brown sauce in the United Kingdom as well as the best selling, with 71% of the UK market

Written By: snozberries on 10/04/07 at 9:15 am

thanks I was born in Holland  but lived in the US for the last 37 years (since I was two) we also have very good friends from England but I don't think I ever heard of it before (or I have and since forgot it...because there is a faint vague recognition)

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/04/07 at 9:16 am

thanks I was born in Holland  but lived in the US for the last 37 years (since I was two) we also have very good friends from England but I don't think I ever heard of it before (or I have and since forgot it...because there is a faint vague recognition)
There is a variey called "Daddie's Sauce" which tastes similar.

Written By: karen on 10/04/07 at 2:41 pm

There is a variey called "Daddie's Sauce" which tastes similar.

We always used to have Daddie's Sauce (both brown and tomato ketchup) at home.  Now it's really hard to get

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/04/07 at 4:07 pm

We always used to have Daddie's Sauce (both brown and tomato ketchup) at home.  Now it's really hard to get
"The HP sauce plant in Birmingham was closed in March 2007 and manufacture of Daddies, HP Sauce and some supermaket brands were all transferred to a Heinz factory in Holland."

Written By: snozberries on 10/04/07 at 6:40 pm

"The HP sauce plant in Birmingham was closed in March 2007 and manufacture of Daddies, HP Sauce and some supermaket brands were all transferred to a Heinz factory in Holland."

is there an american equivalent of this sauce? Is it like Heinz 57 or something?

Written By: karen on 10/04/07 at 10:18 pm

is there an american equivalent of this sauce? Is it like Heinz 57 or something?

I'll let you know if I spot it.

Written By: karen on 10/06/07 at 8:37 pm

I think it is more like A1 sauce from what I've read.  It's not quite the same as Heinz 57 which I just spotted in one of the local shops.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/07/07 at 6:16 am

I think it is more like A1 sauce from what I've read.  It's not quite the same as Heinz 57 which I just spotted in one of the local shops.
Worcester Sauce has more of a spice to it.

Written By: snozberries on 10/07/07 at 10:06 am

MMM A1 makes me want a steak already and its barely 8am

Written By: AmericanGirl on 10/11/07 at 6:24 pm

If my scrambled eggs are plain, then I MUST have ketchup!  ::)  When I do, my husband makes faces and says it's disgusting.  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/12/07 at 2:28 am

We have just run out of Ketchup, and somerun must run out and buy some more.

Check for new replies or respond here...