inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favorite Coffee

Written By: 80schild on 10/24/07 at 2:28 pm

Starbucks or Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf? I love CBTL... hot coffee is yummy! I'm always cold tho...:-p

Subject: Re: Favorite Coffee

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/24/07 at 2:40 pm

Dunkin Doughnuts makes the best coffee in my opinion.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 10/24/07 at 2:46 pm

Starbucks has a good cafe mocha, but I have to say that my favorite coffee is the stuff I prepare myself, using freshly ground beans that I purchase at Costco (Kirkland Signature brand, roasted by Starbucks)... :)

Written By: coqueta83 on 10/24/07 at 8:06 pm

The Coffee Bean/Tea Leaf is my favorite, but it's been awhile since I last stopped by.

Written By: Brigitte on 10/25/07 at 6:29 am

Tim Horton's coffee is best! When I'm at home I make Nabob.

Written By: danootaandme on 10/25/07 at 6:42 am

Starbucks is consistently good in every store.  I used to do Dunkin' Donuts, but you can never be sure what you are going to get.

Written By: lorac61469 on 10/25/07 at 10:17 am

I like dark roast coffee, the stronger the better, however I find that Starbucks tastes burned.  I like Joe Muggs coffee (from Books-A-Million) and I like Folgers Black Silk that I fix at home. 

I can drink just about anything as long as it's not too weak or sweet.  Strong and black.

Just talking about coffee makes me want some...

Written By: Stompgal on 10/25/07 at 10:24 am

To be honest, I don't really drink much coffee, but I like Nescafe Decaffienated coffee and Starbucks coffee (i.e. Mocha, Cappuccino and Light Coffee Frappucinos all Tall size).

Written By: 80schild on 10/25/07 at 1:55 pm

Coffee is great..I love it sweet and loaded with sugar. Only bad think I can think coffee results in...is staining my teeth! Thats why they invented OTC whitening kits...ha! Do you guys try and clean up the mess coffee makes on your teeth with whitening products too?

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 10/25/07 at 2:02 pm

I like dark roast coffee, the stronger the better...

Me too!  I need to have that 'full flavor'! :D

Written By: nally on 10/25/07 at 4:32 pm

Starbucks or Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf? I love CBTL... hot coffee is yummy! I'm always cold tho...:-p

I like both places, so I can't really decide.

On college campuses, they have Freudian Sip coffee shops, where I sometimes go to get coffee. Often times I need my caffeine in the mornings.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 10/25/07 at 4:33 pm

I like my own home brewed stuff. Robert Harris or Faggs (interesting name  ::)) is usually the cheapest I buy. I buy beans and grind 'em rather than pre-packaged (unless I'm in a hurry). I find it's actually cheaper as you only buy what you want, which is a weeks worth. I usually buy dark roasted, nice strong coffee.

I don't go to Starbucks too often. I much prefer smaller coffee shops (although pricey!)

Written By: Step-chan on 10/25/07 at 9:42 pm

I prefer chilled coffees myself, not particularly picky about the brand.

Written By: robby76 on 12/14/07 at 8:27 am

I go to the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf at least 5 times a week! The reason? Black Forest Ice Blendeds - that stuff is heaven sent!

Written By: KKay on 12/14/07 at 8:30 am

plain.  black.  from the deli.

Written By: nally on 12/14/07 at 10:55 pm

plain.  black.  from the deli.

I've never understood how anyone could take their coffee like that...I like to give mine flavor so it doesn't taste too bland. Oh well...to each his/her own.

Written By: robby76 on 12/14/07 at 11:01 pm

I've never understood how anyone could take their coffee like that...I like to give mine flavor so it doesn't taste too bland. Oh well...to each his/her own.

I agree - you always see people in films and tv drinking black coffee and I don't understand how they can stomach the taste. It looks nice but mine always needs milk and 2 brown sugars.  :)

Written By: conker on 01/08/08 at 12:02 pm

Cubita Dark Roast, I'm on the last of the package I picked up last year at the Cayo Coco duty free.  If anyone wants to pay my airfare I'll run down and get you a kilo or two.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 01/09/08 at 12:11 pm

Dunkin' Donuts is my favorite.  :D  Kudos to McDonalds Premium Roast - a really good alternative.

I drink unleaded only (caffeine does bad things to me)  :-\\

Written By: KKay on 01/09/08 at 9:12 pm

I agree - you always see people in films and tv drinking black coffee and I don't understand how they can stomach the taste. It looks nice but mine always needs milk and 2 brown sugars.  :)

true, to each his own.
i got into black coffee when I travelled and it was not always easy to get it the way you like it.
but i found nice dark coffee un-toyed with is good.
i love coffee ice cream; after years of black coffee, that's what light and sweet tastes like to me, but tis still deeeeelish.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 01/09/08 at 9:39 pm

Na, I disagree. Each to their own of course, but I like to actually taste the cofee. Adding milk and sugar ruins it in my opinion. I also like very strong cofee.

I have odd taste buds...  :D

Written By: haleym8826 on 01/10/08 at 9:02 am

I do drink coffee but i never pay attention to the brand. besides I am more of a french vanilla capaccino kind of guy.

Written By: chiefyamick on 02/04/08 at 9:07 pm

Either the Jack Daniel's Oak Barrel roast or Alterra coffee.....can't survive without one or the other!!!

Check for new replies or respond here...