inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Lunch box/bag

Written By: Brigitte on 11/01/07 at 8:42 pm

What did everyone get in their lunch for school?
I remember 9 times out of 10 getting a Peanut butter & Jam sandwich and a juice box (apple) & a package of seaseme snaps!
Once in a while I was treated with Jell-o pudding!

Subject: Re: Lunch box/bag

Written By: coqueta83 on 11/01/07 at 9:03 pm

I usually got PB&J, apple or orange, chips, and either HI-C or Capri Sun juice boxes.

Written By: snozberries on 11/01/07 at 9:35 pm

I had the best sandwiches....also the most unhealthy...

Bread with butter and hagelslag (it a dutch treat.... basically its chocolate  sprinkles) I would have two sandwiches- and all the kids around me would say "You have chocolate sandwiches!"  Jealous much?  ::)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95/Deku313/f7df00f3.jpg
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p295/devo_man/Bono%20MySpace/hagelslag.jpg

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/01/07 at 10:27 pm

Well...I usually bought from the cafeteria..but when I got older...I either didn't eat lunch...or packed something small from home.

Written By: snozberries on 11/01/07 at 10:52 pm

when I got to high school the cafeteria lady had the best tuna sandwiches and burritos so I always a a burrito and a tuna sandwich every day except the days we ate off campus those days I'd have a whopper.

Written By: ladybug316 on 11/01/07 at 10:55 pm

I had the best sandwiches....also the most unhealthy...

Bread with butter and hagelslag (it a dutch treat.... basically its chocolate  sprinkles) I would have two sandwiches- and all the kids around me would say "You have chocolate sandwiches!"  Jealous much?  ::)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95/Deku313/f7df00f3.jpg
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p295/devo_man/Bono%20MySpace/hagelslag.jpg
I have never seen hagelslag, but there is an Italian chocolate spread called Nutella which a girl in my school ate every day!  I always marveled at the fact that someone would put chocolate on bread.

I, myself, only ate bologna sandwiches for lunch (for at least 4 years)!  There was usually a snak pack pudding in there also.

Written By: snozberries on 11/01/07 at 11:00 pm

I was a very healthy eater growing up... meaing I had a healthy appetite for unhealthy foods  ;D

another favorite sandwich of mine consisted of creamy jif with the marshmallow topping you'd find in a jar on Wonder Bread of course .  There is a very sick and twisted part of me that wants to try this combo again to see if its as good as I remember but the adult in me is afraid...very afraid.  ;)

Written By: Davester on 11/02/07 at 2:51 am

I was a very healthy eater growing up... meaing I had a healthy appetite for unhealthy foods  ;D

another favorite sandwich of mine consisted of creamy jif with the marshmallow topping you'd find in a jar on Wonder Bread of course .  There is a very sick and twisted part of me that wants to try this combo again to see if its as good as I remember but the adult in me is afraid...very afraid.  ;)

LOL..!

So have you tried Ally Sheedy's Cap'n Crunch sandwich with pixie stix topping recipe..?

Now when my wife was preggies she was trying all kinds of crazy combinations usually involving tomatos, peanut butter, honey, and dill pickles...

Written By: snozberries on 11/02/07 at 2:54 am

LOL..!

So have you tried Ally Sheedy's Cap'n Crunch sandwich with pixie stix topping recipe..?

Now when my wife was preggies she was trying all kinds of crazy combinations usually involving tomatos, peanut butter, honey, and dill pickles...

I laughed so hard at that.. .no I didn't get around to it but have had more than one glass of milk and pepsi in my lifetime.

Written By: Jessica on 11/02/07 at 9:29 am

I have never seen hagelslag, but there is an Italian chocolate spread called Nutella which a girl in my school ate every day!  I always marveled at the fact that someone would put chocolate on bread.

Nutella is delicious. If it weren't so fattening, I'd buy some. :)

The Amish in Southern Indiana sell peanut butter that they make. It's mixed with marshmallow fluff and it is sooooooooooooo gooooooooood, especially on their fresh baked bread. I might have to pick up some this Sunday.

I used to take a bologna and cheese sandwich or that Goober spread (PB&J mixed together that Smuckers makes), a banana or a brownie, and usually chocolate milk. When I got older, I usually bought lunch.

Written By: danootaandme on 11/02/07 at 10:06 am

Peanut butter, jelly, or bologna Monday through Thursday, then on Friday tuna fish because in those days Christians didn't eat meat on Friday. We would buy a small carton of milk so it would be nice and cold, and a cookie for desert.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 11/02/07 at 10:12 am

I remember getting those little crackers and cheese whiz spread stuff and once in awhle potato sticks.  I'm sure there were other things, I just don't remember what...it's been 30 years at least since I've carried a lunch box

Written By: ninny on 11/02/07 at 5:07 pm

Yep Peanut Butter & Jelly ,Bologna,Sometimes Tuna Fish,A Apple or Orange,if I was Lucky abag of chips..Once a month I got to buy pizza on friday.

Written By: nally on 11/02/07 at 5:17 pm

Up through the 4th grade, I usually brought my lunch to school. I would usually get a lunch meat sandwich. a piece of fruit, and some cookies. My beverage would often be a box of Ocean Spray juice.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/09/07 at 5:15 pm

Cold meatloaf sandwich, potato chips, cookies and kool-aid.

Written By: Dude111 on 11/09/07 at 7:43 pm

PB&j sandwich,etc (Tasted good)

Havent had one in along time!!!!!

Check for new replies or respond here...