inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favorite Christmas Candy.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/07/07 at 3:50 pm

I'm not going to do a poll because there's just too much variety.

I like Life Savor candy canes.

Subject: Re: Favorite Christmas Candy.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/07/07 at 5:01 pm

It used to be Almond Roca, but I got burnt out on them.

Now, I suppose it's those Orange sections you wrap in aluminum foil.

Written By: Step-chan on 12/07/07 at 5:06 pm

Thin Mints(although these are available all year) and Mint Chocolate M&Ms, which are only available during christmas.

Also like Cherry Cordials, although they are more a second fav.

I've never had Almond Roca, have thought about trying it.

Written By: ladybug316 on 12/07/07 at 7:53 pm

I love ribbon candy.  It's been very hard to find for the past few Christmases, though.

Written By: coqueta83 on 12/07/07 at 8:27 pm

Mostly candy canes.

Written By: nondiva234 on 12/13/07 at 12:57 am

Mint chocolate is the best candy to have during Christmas. Candy canes are a traditional favourite. I've never tried Terry's Chocolate Orange (that's the one you have to lightly bang to spilt it apart) but I'd love to get one to try.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/13/07 at 1:16 am

I also like the Maple Nut "Beanies" (they look like miniature hats).

Written By: ninny on 12/13/07 at 9:41 am

Ribbon candy is good,I just bought peppermint flavored Hershey Kisses,they weren't to bad,flavored candy canes are pretty good also.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/13/07 at 3:05 pm

Chocolate oranges. This is only time I can find them so I usually stock up on them-haven't yet this year.

Cat

Written By: lorac61469 on 12/13/07 at 7:10 pm

Chocolate oranges. This is only time I can find them so I usually stock up on them-haven't yet this year.

Cat

I'm not a fan of the oranges but I love the "Chocolate Raspberry Dark".

My favorites Christmas candy is homemade peanut butter balls (Buck-eyes).

Written By: Jessica on 12/13/07 at 7:17 pm

My grandma used to make this awesome peanut butter and chocolate fudge. I just remember helping her make it and then eating it until I got sick. :P

I was wanting some, so I made some this past weekend. Still as good as ever, but I made Rice take a bunch to his lab so I wouldn't be tempted to eat it. :D

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/13/07 at 7:32 pm

My grandma used to make this awesome peanut butter and chocolate fudge. I just remember helping her make it and then eating it until I got sick. :P

I was wanting some, so I made some this past weekend. Still as good as ever, but I made Rice take a bunch to his lab so I wouldn't be tempted to eat it. :D

Mmmmmm....fudge.....*drooling a la Homer Simpson*

My favorites are Butterscotch, Mint Chocolate, Peanut Butter, and Cheddar.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 12/13/07 at 7:37 pm

Fudge is always the best around Christmas time. I actually have some that we used the Foodsaver vacuum sucker on last year stored in the fridge - hmmmm, wonder if it's any good?

I also like to eat those candy canes of M n'M's. Anything with peanut butter I will digest with fervor.

I also like English Toffee, the softer it is the better.

Written By: Step-chan on 12/13/07 at 9:46 pm

Fudge is good, but it tends to make me thirsty.

Written By: Jessica on 12/14/07 at 8:55 am

Fudge is good, but it tends to make me thirsty.

Too much sugar, perhaps. You have to put a crapload in there.

Written By: Step-chan on 12/14/07 at 1:14 pm

I think they might put more in it than what's put into pop.

Written By: gemini on 12/14/07 at 7:47 pm

Fudge and Buckeyes. We like to make white chocolate flavored pretzels and then mix a little red or green food color into some of the melted chocolate and drizzle it on top. Festive looking and yummy! My moms neighbor always made cinnamon and spearmint hard candy on a big cookie sheet and then break it into pieces and put powdered sugar on it. It looked neat and tasted great.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 12/14/07 at 7:48 pm

And butter, I believe. It's pretty bad for ya  ;D

Written By: Jessica on 12/14/07 at 9:40 pm

And butter, I believe. It's pretty bad for ya  ;D

But it's soooooooooooo gooooooooooooooood..... :D

Yeah, the recipe I used called for a stick of butter.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/15/07 at 4:35 am

Anyone remember Almond Roca?

Written By: Step-chan on 12/15/07 at 2:48 pm

Anyone remember Almond Roca?

I finally tried some for the first time last night.

Very good.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 12/15/07 at 11:59 pm

Prodigal daughter returning.....

Mint Chocolate does it for me!!!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/16/07 at 2:20 am

Tanya ^  :o  It's good to see you kiddo.

I love Candy Canes. from those little tiny ones wrapped in cellophane, to the big straight ones, with or without the hook.   At Christmas time, Diane always gets bags of the Lindt Lindor Chocolate Truffles and they are so good.

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/16/07 at 2:53 am

I am pretty sure it would not be considered a Christmas Candy, but it is to me. I love Mocha's with peppermint.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 12/16/07 at 11:25 am

I like the butter rum candies that LifeSavers puts out during the holiday season... :)

Written By: Jessica on 12/16/07 at 5:16 pm

I like the butter rum candies that LifeSavers puts out during the holiday season... :)

My mom still buys those Lifesaver Storybooks for us. They usually have the butter rum flavor in them. Delicious. :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/18/07 at 11:35 am

I'm not a fan of the oranges but I love the "Chocolate Raspberry Dark".

Not big on dark chocolate so I always get the milk. I have tried the raspberry but prefer the orange.

Cat

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/18/07 at 11:49 am

Not big on dark chocolate so I always get the milk. I have tried the raspberry but prefer the orange.

Cat
I'm not big on dark either and I also prefer milk chocolate and have never been a fan of any fruit or fruit flavorings in it.  There's usually good fudge around the holidays, but I had a bad experience with it at work about 15 years ago which has slightly scarred me  :( . this one co-worker was sorta gross and she'd always bring in home made chocolate fudge to share and it looked like each individual piece was hand formed by her as you could see fingerprints on each one  8-P  and then this other lady would harass me by telling miss fudge maker that Mike really likes your fudge and you should give him more. that was so mean of her  >:(

Written By: Jessica on 12/18/07 at 12:14 pm

I'm not big on dark either and I also prefer milk chocolate and have never been a fan of any fruit or fruit flavorings in it.  There's usually good fudge around the holidays, but I had a bad experience with it at work about 15 years ago which has slightly scarred me  :( . this one co-worker was sorta gross and she'd always bring in home made chocolate fudge to share and it looked like each individual piece was hand formed by her as you could see fingerprints on each one  8-P   and then this other lady would harass me by telling miss fudge maker that Mike really likes your fudge and you should give him more. that was so mean of her  >:(

Ewwww. There should be no reason to touch fudge in any way while you make it. All you do is essentially melt all the ingredients together and throw it in a greased pan. Once it sets, you cut it up and use a spatula to lift it out.

I'm not sure why you'd hand-form fudge. :P

Written By: nally on 12/29/07 at 3:49 pm

For the most part, I like the dark chocolate M&M's that are available only during Christmastime (red and two shades of green).

Subject: Favorite Christmas Candy.

Written By: Dude111 on 06/25/17 at 4:30 pm

Mostly candy canes.

Yes Candy cane COOKIES are my favourite!!! (Or they used to be... With how much recipes and stuff have gotton WORSE,I might not like them anymore)

Written By: annimal on 06/25/17 at 9:48 pm

none

Written By: nally on 06/25/17 at 9:49 pm

Well, with today being halfway to Christmas, I can honestly say that I like several different kinds (mostly chocolate, as indicated by my earlier post in this thread).

Check for new replies or respond here...