inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: H

Written By: Echo Nomad on 01/04/08 at 11:43 pm

Hardee's

Subject: Re: Hardee's

Written By: Lindee on 01/07/08 at 10:45 am

All the Hardees by me are closed  :( .  I only see them when I'm out of town.

Written By: whistledog on 01/07/08 at 10:50 am

Isn't Hardees known in other parts of the US as Carl's Jr.?  Seems to me I read that somewhere

But I don't really know.  Never been to Hardees or Carl's Jr as (to my knowledge) none of those are franchised in Canada :(

Written By: Midas on 01/07/08 at 2:27 pm

Isn't Hardees known in other parts of the US as Carl's Jr.?  Seems to me I read that somewhere

That is true, yes.  I used to think Hardee's was a big deal when I'd go back to Chicago.  Now...notsomuch.  You're not missing anything IMO.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/14/08 at 8:20 pm

OMG!

There literally has not been a Hardee's in my town since like 1992.
There was only one in the middle of town and they closed, then it became a spanish food restaurant and now it's a tire shop!  :o

I think I only ate there once. I actually have an old 80s commercial from Hardee's advertising little California Raisins toys. (billed as The Grapevine Tour '88.)
It was cute.

But yeah, I missed the little sticky buns they used to have.  :(

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/14/08 at 9:08 pm

We've got a Hardee's at the mall and another in town.  I'm addicted to Curly Fries. :)

Written By: Davester on 01/15/08 at 12:35 am

Oh man, I used to pig out on the big roast beef sandwiches.  They came with that steak sauce...

Yummy..! :)

The only Hardees' I've been to are in southern Illinois and the last time I ate there, in '91, I was partying with my cousin.  After eating about three of them (we were stoned) I blew chunks all over the back seat of her brand new Mustang...

Written By: La Roche on 01/15/08 at 8:58 pm

Yup, I live right at the epicenter of the Hardee's quake and I love it. Because STL is the big headquarters they do a lot of deals, for instance, when the Blues win we often get 2 for 1 deals and such like. I go to Hardee's a lot. There are two within a mile of me and they do make great burgers. That's a regular dinner for me and the hound.

Written By: Step-chan on 01/16/08 at 6:15 pm

Anyone try the Bacon Chedder/Cheese Fries?

Abit too rich for me.

Written By: Jessica on 01/16/08 at 7:15 pm

I saw a picture of their Monster Thickburger today. I really want to try it now, even though I'd probably die on the spot. ;D

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/20/08 at 10:21 pm

My town sucks.

The only decent burger joints we have are McDonalds and Sonic's.  >:(

Written By: gibbo on 01/21/08 at 7:39 am

This all sounds pretty fantastic. I wish we had Hardee's over here :(

Written By: gemini on 01/23/08 at 5:59 pm

We stop by one on our way home from work once in awhile. The Mushroom and Swiss burgers are awesome, and they have Big Shefs just like Burger Chef used to have.  Their food has improved big time since I used to go there years ago.

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/23/08 at 6:44 pm

Carls Jr. is not very good.

Written By: MrCleveland on 01/23/08 at 8:41 pm

They're not avalible in Cleveland, so I can't tell you about Hardee's. :(

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 01/24/08 at 6:24 pm

I grew up with the Carl's Jr. which uses the same star as Hardees as their logo. I did eat at a Hardees back East just to see if there were any difference between the two, and Carl's Jr. seemed to taste a lot better back home.

Written By: Davester on 01/24/08 at 10:22 pm

Hardee's must have changed heir logo since the 80s.  I don't recall Hardee's ever having a star in the logo...

Written By: ninny on 01/25/08 at 7:48 am

There's no Hardees near me either.

Written By: KKay on 01/25/08 at 11:16 am

we don't have them in NYC.

but i've been to them when traveling.
yum

Written By: Jessica on 01/25/08 at 11:39 am

Hardee's must have changed heir logo since the 80s.  I don't recall Hardee's ever having a star in the logo...

Carl's Jr. bought them out, I think.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 01/26/08 at 1:25 am

It appears Carl's Jr. bought them out in 1997.

Written By: Midas on 02/25/08 at 11:10 am

I used to think Hardee's was a big deal when I'd go back to Chicago.  Now...notsomuch.  You're not missing anything IMO.

I should take back this statement...at least for the Carl's Jr. near my new place (there is no McDonald's or Burglar King in town  :P ).  Saturday night had a Western Bacon Cheeseburger and it was good.  Yesterday morning stopped by for a breakfast burger - also good.  And I noticed they sold Cap'n Crunch shakes so I got one on the way back into town last night - yum!  :)

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 03/13/08 at 8:14 pm

There was Hardee's in my hometown for over 25 years. We used to eat there every Saturday when I was a kid, and my great-grandma ate there with a friend at least once a week every week since it opened in the '70s.

Unfortunately, a McDonald's moved right next door to it in 1996, and it closed down in 1997 :(

Written By: 2kidsami on 08/01/08 at 1:43 pm

I loved Hardees - pre Carl Jr.'s merger.

I never cared for hamburgers so Hardee's was a great place for me to get something "besides a burger." 

Big Roast Beef sandwhiches - unfortunately no more roast beef there Have to go to Arby's, but Hardee's roast beef was bettter

Hot Ham and Cheese - good as well

TURKEY CLUBS- I lived on these my entire high school years (1986-1990)  loved them, have never found a turkey club as good.

The best soft serve Chocolate Ice cream-not too chocolaty (no bitter taste) Pure heavan.

AS for burgers - the Big Deluxe, and the Mushroom swiss burger (which they have sometimes).

Oh how I miss Hardee's of old.

Has anyone else ever heard of a Herold being sold at Hardees - these were available at the college town I attended (popular after the bars closed).  It was biscuits with scrambled eggs on top, hash rounds on top of that, and covered with their sausage gravy (good with ketchup on top of that).  I have never found that combo anywhere else.

Written By: midnite on 08/17/08 at 7:45 pm

I loved Hardees - pre Carl Jr.'s merger.

I never cared for hamburgers so Hardee's was a great place for me to get something "besides a burger." 

Big Roast Beef sandwhiches - unfortunately no more roast beef there Have to go to Arby's, but Hardee's roast beef was bettter

Hot Ham and Cheese - good as well

TURKEY CLUBS- I lived on these my entire high school years (1986-1990)  loved them, have never found a turkey club as good.

The best soft serve Chocolate Ice cream-not too chocolaty (no bitter taste) Pure heavan.

AS for burgers - the Big Deluxe, and the Mushroom swiss burger (which they have sometimes).

Oh how I miss Hardee's of old.

Has anyone else ever heard of a Herold being sold at Hardees - these were available at the college town I attended (popular after the bars closed).  It was biscuits with scrambled eggs on top, hash rounds on top of that, and covered with their sausage gravy (good with ketchup on top of that).  I have never found that combo anywhere else.

Props for the Chilly Willy avatar.

Written By: whistledog on 08/18/08 at 2:51 pm

I read where they are looking to expand Carl's Jr. into Canada.  I hope one opens up around here.  I'd love to give it a try.  Alot of American restaurants are coming to Canada ...

Papa John's Pizza now has 13 restaurants in Canada, though most of them are in Alberta.  The only one in Ontario is located in the city where I was born and still frequent quite often, so the next time I go there, I'm gonna try me some Papa John's Pizza :)

Written By: greenjello74 on 08/20/08 at 8:59 pm

This all sounds pretty fantastic. I wish we had Hardee's over here :(

I just ate at Hardees after a few years and it sucked.

Written By: midnite on 08/25/08 at 9:16 pm

I was driving home (NJ) from North Carolina yesterday and stopped at a Hardees in Delaware (maybe Maryland) to use the restroom.  The place was filled with Country Hicks and seemed very dirty.  I raced out of the Hardees and out of town as fast as I could.  We don't have Hardees in NJ.

Written By: greenjello74 on 08/25/08 at 10:13 pm

I was driving home (NJ) from North Carolina yesterday and stopped at a Hardees in Delaware (maybe Maryland) to use the restroom.  The place was filled with Country Hicks and seemed very dirty.  I raced out of the Hardees and out of town as fast as I could.  We don't have Hardees in NJ.

I was raised in Jersey.... Central Jersey at the shore.

Written By: karen on 08/27/08 at 10:41 am

Las t week in South Dakota we were looking on the sat nav for somewhere to eat.  I read out the names and Hardees was one of the options.  I knew (from reading this thread and others here) that it was a burger place and told Dai that.  Having looked at what other places were listed Dai said to set the sat nav to go to Hardees.  When we got there he took one look at the place, said "It's just a burger place" and insisted we chose somewhere else.  ::)  So that was the closest I've been.

Written By: midnite on 08/28/08 at 9:03 pm

I was raised in Jersey.... Central Jersey at the shore.

Whassup!!!!  You are one of the smart ones who got out of the state.  It is too expensive.  I believe it is the only state (or one of a handful) where there are actually more people leaving than coming into the state (including births).  LOL.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 08/29/08 at 3:06 am

Las t week in South Dakota we were looking on the sat nav for somewhere to eat.  I read out the names and Hardees was one of the options.  I knew (from reading this thread and others here) that it was a burger place and told Dai that.  Having looked at what other places were listed Dai said to set the sat nav to go to Hardees.  When we got there he took one look at the place, said "It's just a burger place" and insisted we chose somewhere else.  ::)  So that was the closest I've been.

Ahhh...but it's a good burger place.  Much better then McD's or Wendy's or even Burger King (which is my 2nd choice), and it's reasonably priced.  It's actually got some other "interesting" stuff on the menu, total junk food stuff, like chili cheese fries.  I think the burgers taste more like actual burger then most of the other fast food joints. 

Hubby doesn't like it anymore though (I think he's getting it confused with some other restaurant he doesn't like, but I digress) so we don't go anymore.  :\'(

Written By: greenjello74 on 08/29/08 at 3:26 am

Whassup!!!!  You are one of the smart ones who got out of the state.  It is too expensive.  I believe it is the only state (or one of a handful) where there are actually more people leaving than coming into the state (including births).  LOL.

Yep, although strange as it seems I do miss it, but now livivng in Fl its not sio bad as when I lived in upstate NY and Ct. At least the Ocean is closeby.

Check for new replies or respond here...