inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Pizza Toppings

Written By: wsmith4 on 01/24/08 at 1:18 pm

What's your favorite?  I hope this isn't already a topic.

Friday night has been pizza night in my family for as long as I can remember.  I never, ever get sick of it LOL I always look forward to it.  I guess I'm most satisfied with a pizza when it's just plain old cheese on top, but I do enjoy mushrooms and onions sometimes.  Back when I ate pork, I also thorougly enjoyed pepperoni :)

Years ago, when my brother and I were kids, we got on this kick where we just wanted sauce on the pizza, nothing else, not even cheese.  It didn't last long. My dad got tired of spending $10 on a piece of bread with tomato sauce on it  ;D  But it was good while it lasted!

Subject: Re: Pizza Toppings

Written By: audkal on 01/24/08 at 2:27 pm

Pepperoni is fine with me!  Though I like bacon and/or green peppers at times.

Pizza is one of the few foods I could never get sick of.

Written By: karen on 01/24/08 at 2:32 pm

my children both love pizza.  they have it every Friday for school lunch and will quite happily also have it the same evening or the next day.

I like ham and pineapple or ham and mushroom.  Pepperoni can be nice but sometimes seems a bit spicy or something  :-\\

Written By: wsmith4 on 01/24/08 at 2:42 pm

my children both love pizza.  they have it every Friday for school lunch and will quite happily also have it the same evening or the next day.

I like ham and pineapple or ham and mushroom.  Pepperoni can be nice but sometimes seems a bit spicy or something  :-\\

Yeah, I think the problem I had with it was it was a little too salty

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 01/24/08 at 6:10 pm

I LOVED Pepperoni, but I'm a vegetarian now, so no more for me.  :( Although, there is fake pepperoni out there, so I ought to try it.  :)

I also like Artichoke hearts, tomatoes, fake bacon, fake sausage and of course, cheese!

Written By: snozberries on 01/24/08 at 11:43 pm

I don't eat a lot of pizza cuz I totally detest cheese...but when I do go for it I only call Domino's  (they have never laughed at me... I have hung up on other establishments for doing so)

I order a pizza, no cheese, light sauce, double ham...it's actually very good though really unattractive.

Written By: gumbypiz on 01/25/08 at 12:45 am

I don't eat a lot of pizza cuz I totally detest cheese...but when I do go for it I only call Domino's  (they have never laughed at me... I have hung up on other establishments for doing so)

I order a pizza, no cheese, light sauce, double ham...it's actually very good though really unattractive.

I worked for a pizza shop all through college (gumby pizza, get it?), I've had the "no cheese" request before. I can understand it, but do you realize the most expensive cost of a pizza is the cheese? The reason they don't laugh at you as they are making a killing on the pie they sell to you w/o the cost of the cheese applied. They could only hope they'd have more customers ask for "no cheese".

Although I always wonder why you'd want to pay $11-15 for a large cracker with tomato sauce...to each his own.

I can accept anything on a pizza except for anchovies or black olives, both nasty.

What I can't figure out is how the general public, having called the local pizza shop hundreds of times, cannot get the toppings they want on the pie together after waiting on hold for ten minutes. They need the toppings available read out to them twice. Why is that?
Ditto for them not knowing where they are (address, seems no one ordering a pizza actually lives at the place then need it delivered to) and don't know the phone # they're calling from?

Written By: whistledog on 01/25/08 at 12:46 am

I usually get my Pizza from two Ontario chains:  Double Double or Pizza Pizza, depending on where I am when I want Pizza LOL

Pizza Pizza makes real good Pizzas with Feta Cheese.  Mmmm soooo good :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/25/08 at 4:12 am

Ok...my favorite is: extra cheese, light on the sauce, mushrooms, black olives, and mild pepper rings.

I also love Pierogie pizza (basically it is dough, with mashed potato, and cheese baked on it..yum).

Greek pizza is really good too (without meat, of course)...I love Feta cheese and black olives!!!

Written By: NbC on 01/25/08 at 4:48 am

mushrooms, cheese, spinach, fresh tomato, olives.

Written By: ninny on 01/25/08 at 7:44 am

Our family loves pizza,we usually have it at least once a week,sometimes it's just a frozen pizza (Digiorno or Wegmans) or we will get Pizza Hut (I like,everyone else hates) Pudgies,Pontillos or just the local pizzeria. My family is fussy so we can only get cheese or pepperoni ( I like veggies & ham,but nobody else does,my son will eat black olives,but nobody else will)

Written By: Brigitte on 01/26/08 at 9:57 am

I like pepperoni, mushrooms, green peppers & onions. :P
I don't eat the crust unless there's sauce on it. 8-P
I like ham & pineapple but my boyfriend hates it so I never get to have it. :(

Written By: Jessica on 01/26/08 at 10:25 am

I don't eat a lot of pizza cuz I totally detest cheese...

:o

Chicago style stuffed pizza. Topping is another crust and more sauce. Filling is a crapload of cheese, sausage, onions, green bell peppers, and mushrooms...and more sauce. Heavenly.

I also like the King Arthur's Supreme from Round Table Pizza in California. They put linguica on their pizza. Yum!

Written By: snozberries on 01/26/08 at 10:48 am

Although I always wonder why you'd want to pay $11-15 for a large cracker with tomato sauce...to each his own.

It's the ham.... plus I go into Domino's so its just a 5 - 7 bucks... I call ahead, pick it up on my way home. no delivery charges and no cheese.

Written By: Step-chan on 01/26/08 at 6:16 pm

My favorite toppings are pepperoni, sausage, italian sausage, bacon, canadian bacon and tomatoes.

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 01/26/08 at 8:43 pm

A ton of meat and extra cheese. I hate veggies on pizza.

Written By: coqueta83 on 01/26/08 at 10:46 pm

I like my pizza with pepperoni and sausage.

Written By: Gis on 01/27/08 at 4:35 am

I like Mushroom pizza but one of my favorites is Tuna and Sweetcorn. I had no idea that in America this combination is never asked for and the guy laughed so much I felt like a freak for asking for it.  I guess I made his night and gave him a story to tell when he got home.  ::)

Written By: karen on 01/28/08 at 8:09 am

We are having pizza tonight at my sons brthday party (just cheese from Pizza Hut) and pizza tomorrow night at my daughter's Girl Scout group pot luck supper (cheese or pepperoni from the local supermarket cooked to order)

Written By: wsmith4 on 01/28/08 at 9:18 am

I like Mushroom pizza but one of my favorites is Tuna and Sweetcorn. I had no idea that in America this combination is never asked for and the guy laughed so much I felt like a freak for asking for it.  I guess I made his night and gave him a story to tell when he got home.  ::)

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 01/29/08 at 2:04 am

but was he able to accommodate you?  I have to admit I have never heard of this before either.

Written By: ninny on 01/29/08 at 6:48 am

How did you come up with Tuna and Sweetcorn on Pizza?

Written By: karen on 01/29/08 at 7:59 am

How did you come up with Tuna and Sweetcorn on Pizza?

It is a fairly standard combination to ask for in the UK

Written By: ninny on 01/29/08 at 9:14 am

It is a fairly standard combination to ask for in the UK

What other combo's that Americans think would be odd due they have? My sister and I both like seafood pizza,but alot of people think that is odd
:-[ I don't want to appear to be stupid but does the Tuna and Sweetcorn pizza have the standard pizza sauce and Mozzarella cheese on it,or is it made with a different sauce?

Written By: Gis on 01/29/08 at 10:45 am

What other combo's that Americans think would be odd due they have? My sister and I both like seafood pizza,but alot of people think that is odd
:-[ I don't want to appear to be stupid but does the Tuna and Sweetcorn pizza have the standard pizza sauce and Mozzarella cheese on it,or is it made with a different sauce?
Standard pizza. It's basically a Margurita(chese and toamto) pizza with added tuna and sweetcorn, and yes it is a common topping in the U.K.

Written By: Jessica on 01/29/08 at 11:25 am

Standard pizza. It's basically a Margurita(chese and toamto) pizza with added tuna and sweetcorn, and yes it is a common topping in the U.K.

It is like canned tuna or fresh?

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/29/08 at 11:33 am

Probably canned.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/29/08 at 1:14 pm

I just ordered a philly cheese steak pizza.  Chipped steak, cheese, now that's good eating. :)

Written By: ninny on 01/29/08 at 1:26 pm

I just ordered a philly cheese steak pizza.  Chipped steak, cheese, now that's good eating. :)

That is good.. Buffalo Wing pizza is good also & Mexican Pizza.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/29/08 at 1:33 pm

That is good.. Buffalo Wing pizza is good also & Mexican Pizza.

Not too crazy about the Buffalo Wing but Mexican is to die for.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 01/29/08 at 1:54 pm

I like my pizzas pretty simple...

Italian Sausage, Mushroom & Red Onion

-OR-

Spinach & Garlic

...and of course, plenty of cheese on both varieties!  :D

Written By: Gis on 01/29/08 at 2:02 pm

Yeah canned tuna.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 01/29/08 at 2:04 pm

Yeah canned tuna.

Tuna on a pizza?

No thanks!  :P

Written By: Paul on 01/29/08 at 2:04 pm

I like Mushroom pizza but one of my favorites is Tuna and Sweetcorn.

Any kind of fish on a pizza is just...wrong!

Same goes for olives and pineapple! Who dreamt that idea up?

Rather predicatably, load mine up to the eyeballs with cheese and meat, thanks!

(Interesting note...if you showed most of these toppings to a true Italian, he'd walk away shaking his head!)

Written By: Red Ant on 01/29/08 at 6:31 pm

Pepperoni, pineapple and jalapenos.

Ant

Written By: snozberries on 01/29/08 at 8:59 pm

Pepperoni, pineapple and jalapenos.

Ant

accompanied with a Pepto Bismal Shake right

Written By: Jessica on 01/29/08 at 9:49 pm

Yeah canned tuna.

I'd try it. :D

Written By: Red Ant on 01/29/08 at 11:22 pm

accompanied with a Pepto Bismal Shake right

Only if I cut up the jalapenos and crush the seeds by accident.

Ant

Written By: Stompgal on 01/30/08 at 3:51 am

Still on my Weight Watchers plan, I have the odd pizza. There's a great pizza place accross the road from where I live called Pizza Go Go and they have an interesting choice of toppings. Last week I had a 10.5 inch thin crust pizza called Alligator (Pepperoni, salami, ham, bacon, garlic sausage and beef). It's deliciously meaty and I managed to lose 6 lb because I'd included it in my Points Allowance. I also love the GoGo Special (Pepperoni, ham, beef, greem pepper, onion and mushroom) because it's got everything on it and the BBQ Original (Chicken, BBQ sauce in place of tomato, onion and green pepper). If I have a pizza this weekend, I'll go for a medium thin crust Spinoccoli (Spinach, broccoli, fresh garlic, onion and mushroom).

Written By: NbC on 01/30/08 at 7:14 am

If I have a pizza this weekend, I'll go for a medium thin crust Spinoccoli (Spinach, broccoli, fresh garlic, onion and mushroom).

Yum!!!  That sounds good. 

Written By: karen on 01/30/08 at 7:49 am

Hmm.  I was thinking just the opposite!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/30/08 at 7:50 am

it sure does! :)

Written By: ninny on 01/30/08 at 7:59 am

it sure does! :)

Yep! except leave the garlic off for me. (gives me Gas :D)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 01/30/08 at 2:04 pm

Yep! except leave the garlic off for me. (gives me Gas :D)

But you've gotta have garlic...it gives it so much flavor!  :D

Written By: Stompgal on 02/01/08 at 12:38 pm

Yep, garlic on pizza is so gorgeous and flavoursome, particularly with chicken and mushrooms. I usually like a combination of meat and vegetables on my pizza. One day I may consider ordering a Vegetarian pizza with extra chicken (obviously I'm not a veggie!).

Written By: ninny on 02/01/08 at 12:49 pm

But you've gotta have garlic...it gives it so much flavor!  :D

I'm not saying I don't like the garlic, my seafood pizza is made with a white garlic sauce. I'm just saying I prefer not to eat too much of it (my mouth likes it but not my stomach ;D)

Written By: robby76 on 02/03/08 at 6:56 am

Not the biggest pizza fan, but if I do have one it's pepperoni, mushrooms and chili (jalapenos will do).

Written By: Stompgal on 02/03/08 at 12:23 pm

The Spinoccoli pizza I had yesterday was amazing. I could really taste the garlic, onions and spinach but I wish there was more broccoli on it.

Check for new replies or respond here...