inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What fast food chain would you like to see come to your area?

Written By: cinnabon on 02/28/08 at 5:20 pm

Are there any fast food places you've seen advertised on TV that you don't have where you live but you wish they would open one there?

Two places for me would be Jack in the Box and Sonic Drive In.  :)

Subject: Re: What fast food chain would you like to see come to your area?

Written By: danootaandme on 02/28/08 at 5:48 pm

I'd like to see them all take a hike. 

Written By: snozberries on 02/28/08 at 6:58 pm

Two of my favorite restaurants are about 40 miles away.  I would love to have them in Santa Barbara. 

Chick-fil-a
and not really a fast food chain but restaurant chain....Red Lobster.

Written By: Red Ant on 02/28/08 at 7:33 pm

I'd like to see them all take a hike. 

The only one I wanted to stay, Burger King, is the only one that is now 20 miles away. They have gone downhill in recent years though.

Off topic a second: are there any Chinese food fast restaurant chains? Does anyone know of such a place with a drive through?

Favorite FF chain that is here is Subway. Beware though, some Subways will try to skimp on the meat and toppings they put on your sub.

Ant

Written By: snozberries on 02/28/08 at 7:35 pm

The only one I wanted to stay, Burger King, is the only one that is now 20 miles away. They have gone downhill in recent years though.

Off topic a second: are there any Chinese food fast restaurant chains? Does anyone know of such a place with a drive through?

Favorite FF chain that is here is Subway. Beware though, some Subways will try to skimp on the meat and toppings they put on your sub.

Ant

Panda Express is kinda of fast food Chinese food but I've never seen a drive thru chinese restaurant

Written By: Jessica on 02/29/08 at 9:21 am

Panda Express is kinda of fast food Chinese food but I've never seen a drive thru chinese restaurant

There is a Panda Express in Indiana that is drive thru.

I'm not much into fast food, but I wouldn't mind them opening up a Round Table Pizza in these parts or an In n Out Burger, or even a Chipotle or El Pollo Loco (they're opening up the latter six miles away where I shop, so that's fine :)).

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/29/08 at 9:22 am

I don't really eat fast food (especially now since I don't eat meat)...but Sonic Burger is always a fun place. We visit one down in S. Carolina, when we visit my relatives. It's has a retro feel, and that's why I like it the best. :)

Written By: Jessica on 02/29/08 at 9:26 am

I don't really eat fast food (especially now since I don't eat meat)...but Sonic Burger is always a fun place. We visit one down in S. Carolina, when we visit my relatives. It's has a retro feel, and that's why I like it the best. :)

If we go back to Indiana this weekend, I'll take some pictures of this old drive-in joint that was near our town. You might be able to find some pics online. It's called Johnsen's Blue Top Drive-In, and it is just really cool looking and retro.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/29/08 at 9:31 am

If we go back to Indiana this weekend, I'll take some pictures of this old drive-in joint that was near our town. You might be able to find some pics online. It's called Johnsen's Blue Top Drive-In, and it is just really cool looking and retro.

oh cool..I would love to see pics of that!! :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/29/08 at 9:32 am

oh cool..I would love to see pics of that!! :)

is THIS the place?

http://www.lthforum.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=11606

that is TOO cool. I love places like that!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/29/08 at 9:35 am

is THIS the place?

wait..is this place now defunct? I read a link that states that they had to close it down and it's for sale now. OMG..if I had the money, I would buy it in an instant. :-\\

Written By: Jessica on 02/29/08 at 9:47 am

is THIS the place?

That's the one. It looks really cool lit up at night with all the pink and blue neon. :)

Written By: gumbypiz on 02/29/08 at 2:42 pm

Here in SoCalifironia, we have a bit of everything, but I do miss:

Friendly's, Arthur Treacher's (if they still exist?) & White Castle.

Loved Friendlys ice cream and Fribbles, Arthur Treacher's Fish or Chicken on a Bun is to die for, and for some reason White Castle burgers are denied to us west coast dwellers :(

Written By: Henk on 02/29/08 at 2:46 pm

Are there any fast food places you've seen advertised on TV that you don't have where you live but you wish they would open one there?

All this talk of fast food... and all we got is McDonald's (two of them, actually). Nearest Subway is about 25 miles south, not sure about KFC, Burger King or any other fast food chain... :-\\

Not that I'm really complaining...I love the Crispy Chicken Gourmet. Don't think they have that in US... ::)

Written By: cinnabon on 02/29/08 at 5:12 pm

Two of my favorite restaurants are about 40 miles away.  I would love to have them in Santa Barbara. 

Chick-fil-a
and not really a fast food chain but restaurant chain....Red Lobster.

Oh yeah, that one too!  I've seen Chick-fil-a featured on the Food Network show unwrapped and their food looks good.  :)

Written By: snozberries on 02/29/08 at 5:35 pm

All this talk of fast food... and all we got is McDonald's (two of them, actually). Nearest Subway is about 25 miles south, not sure about KFC, Burger King or any other fast food chain... :-\\

Not that I'm really complaining...I love the Crispy Chicken Gourmet. Don't think they have that in US... ::)

I loved going to McDonald's in holland... the food tasted just a little different plus you got those great fries with Mayo!

Written By: cinnabon on 02/29/08 at 10:21 pm

I know what you mean - I lived in Elkhorn Wisconsin when I was a little kid and the only fast food places we had were a tiny Vienna Hot Dog stand and the Dog N Suds drive in (which is the icon you see with my username - great childhood memories of that place though, goiing there with my family for ice cream cones; every small town in Walworth County had a Dog N Suds in the 70s) the first nearby McDonalds was in nearby Lake Geneva which didn't open until 1979. 

Written By: ninny on 02/29/08 at 10:27 pm

These would be my choices also

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/29/08 at 10:33 pm

KFC ...  I'd be a regular, if there was a local one.  Went to a place called Chicken Express some months ago. Similar idea .. but ... their Chicken tasted chock (chook?)  full of grease ... as did the fries ... haven't been back.

There is a McDonalds not too far away ... but I reckon Burger King's a lot better ! (sadly not nearby).

'Subway' would also be welcome ... due to their relatively healthy offering !

Yeah, sort of 'starved' < (appropriate) of fast food outlets around here !  :\'(

Written By: sugar168 on 03/01/08 at 3:58 pm

Loved Friendlys ice cream and Fribbles, Arthur Treacher's Fish or Chicken on a Bun is to die for, and for some reason White Castle burgers are denied to us west coast dwellers :(

white castle is nasty!!

Written By: Jessica on 03/01/08 at 4:49 pm

white castle is nasty!!

It's not overly nasty unless you eat it a lot. Then you get the Slyder squirts. :P We eat it like every six months, and believe me, that's enough.

Although their chicken rings are gooooooooooooooood......

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/01/08 at 4:56 pm

Chick-fil-A

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/54/115675891_3cde3d2e08.jpg?v=0

Written By: snozberries on 03/01/08 at 6:54 pm

Chick-fil-A

How nice of you to save me a spot at the table..... that's  my favorite fast food restaurant.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 03/01/08 at 7:20 pm

Nope, SoCalers think they have a bit of everything, but they really don't. I miss Checkers, Friendly's, and some other spots in Philly. I would love to see a Sonic, though.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/01/08 at 7:43 pm

Chick-fil-A

that right there is probably the only thing I miss about not eating meat anymore. Chik-Fil-A food is SO good! ;D

Written By: cinnabon on 03/01/08 at 10:10 pm

Nope, SoCalers think they have a bit of everything, but they really don't. I miss Checkers, Friendly's, and some other spots in Philly. I would love to see a Sonic, though.

Some supermarkets sell Checkers hamburger patties (I think under the Nascar name) which includes a shaker of some special seasoning of theirs and I also remember seeing White Castle hamburgers in the 90s as well, but they are expensive!

Written By: Tanya1976 on 03/03/08 at 12:44 pm

Some supermarkets sell Checkers hamburger patties (I think under the Nascar name) which includes a shaker of some special seasoning of theirs and I also remember seeing White Castle hamburgers in the 90s as well, but they are expensive!

I know that my market sells the White Castle ones. I was born and raised in Philly, so I did get the opportunity to enjoy a White Castle slider from time to time. I get the package only b/c I haven't seen one here  :(

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/03/08 at 12:49 pm

How nice of you to save me a spot at the table..... that's  my favorite fast food restaurant.

I haven't been in so long. there's one about 35-40 minutes from my home, a small one inside a mall and I really need to pay them a visit and  of course I'd save you a spot at the table.

that right there is probably the only thing I miss about not eating meat anymore. Chik-Fil-A food is SO good! ;D
yeah, I bet you do miss it  :(  because their food is really good.

Written By: karen on 03/03/08 at 9:25 pm

Locally Arthur Treacher's is part of a Nathan's Hot Dog place.  Still haven't tried the Arthur Treacher Fish and Chips.

No idea what I'm missing because most of these chains don't exist in the UK so I only try what is available here in CT.

Actually I can't think where the nearest KFC is

'Subway' would also be welcome ... due to their relatively healthy offering !

We've got at least one spare one in town I reckon.  Actually, since it's done as a franchise, you could start your own.

Written By: KKay on 03/03/08 at 9:56 pm

it's not really fast food, but i'd like dennys.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/03/08 at 10:25 pm

In and Out Burger.  SO GOOD.

Written By: NbC on 03/04/08 at 3:21 am

I would love those to open over here also.  Jack In The Box for Curly Fries and Sonic for those great drinks and shakes I see advertised. 

We had a Carl's Jr here but it sadly closed.  Their Crisscut Fries were so good.  I really missed those. 

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/04/08 at 4:44 pm

I would love those to open over here also.  Jack In The Box for Curly Fries and Sonic for those great drinks and shakes I see advertised.

There's a Jack In The Box reataurant that's pretty close to where I live, and I love their curly fries (as well as their Sourdough Jack)!  :)

Written By: Green Lantern on 03/04/08 at 5:32 pm

There's a Jack In The Box reataurant that's pretty close to where I live, and I love their curly fries (as well as their Sourdough Jack)!  :)

Jack in the box ?  ???

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/355/alanslowertr5.gif     
Sounds cool to me !  ::)  :P  ;D

Written By: NbC on 03/05/08 at 3:31 am

Too bad you can't send an order of Curly fries my way.  ;)  Gosh, how I miss those.  You can buy a package of frozen curly fries but they are not the same. 

Written By: cinnabon on 03/05/08 at 5:09 am

We had a Carl's Jr here but it sadly closed.  Their Crisscut Fries were so good.  I really missed those. 

We used to have a few Hardee's where I live, they're owned by the same people as Carl Jr's; if you have an Arby's near you, they have great curly fries!  :)

Written By: snozberries on 03/09/08 at 8:01 pm

Jack in the box ?  ???

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/355/alanslowertr5.gif     
Sounds cool to me !  ::)  :P  ;D

I don't really like Jack in the Crack (or Joke in the Box) but they have a cool mascot

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d97/capshigh/jack_in_the_box.jpg

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/09/08 at 8:36 pm

I don't really like Jack in the Crack (or Joke in the Box) but they have a cool mascot

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d97/capshigh/jack_in_the_box.jpg

Gag in the Bag

Written By: rsbryswrrl on 03/10/08 at 1:35 pm

Sonic and Pinkberry!  When I was preggo with my son in '05, we would see all the Sonic commercials because there is a Sonic in Williamsburg, about 60 miles away.  I literally came thisclose to making my husband drive us 60 miles to the Sonic to get one of the 99 cent mini banana splits.

Now we have one that is about 20 miles away and one 30 miles away.  Hey, they're getting closer!

Written By: Spirit of 76 on 03/11/08 at 4:17 pm

Well living in a small country town we only have 5 chain resteraunts - Subway, Pizza Hut, KFC, Taco Bell, and of McDonalds. But if I were to choose some others it would be

- Long John Silvers
- Arbys
- Sonic
- Checkers
- Burger King

Written By: cinnabon on 03/16/08 at 5:44 pm

Another chain that I would visit if one opened where I live is Nathan's Hot Dogs - I buy them at the supermarket all the time.  :)

Written By: DeutscherGirl on 03/16/08 at 9:13 pm

I'd just about kill to have a Papa Gino's in Vegas. Its mostly an East coast thing.

Baby

Written By: robby76 on 03/17/08 at 5:49 am

I'd love to see the return of Wendy's. Not had one in the whole country since the mid 80s!  :o

Written By: nally on 03/18/08 at 11:05 pm

I actually haven't looked at this thread yet! One fast food chain I'd like to see come to my area is: Sonic. Why? Because I see the commercials for them on the TV all the time, and there isn't even one local...let alone within a 100-mile radius of where I live! >:(

Written By: snozberries on 03/19/08 at 3:26 am

I'd love to see the return of Wendy's. Not had one in the whole country since the mid 80s!  :o

where are you Robby? 

Written By: snozberries on 03/19/08 at 3:30 am

I actually haven't looked at this thread yet! One fast food chain I'd like to see come to my area is: Sonic. Why? Because I see the commercials for them on the TV all the time, and there isn't even one local...let alone within a 100-mile radius of where I live! >:(

yeah I think anaheim is the closest....

oddly enough none in LA and 10 in Bakersfield....that's about the only thing in bakers field.  ;D

Written By: nally on 03/19/08 at 12:00 pm

yeah I think anaheim is the closest....

oddly enough none in LA and 10 in Bakersfield....that's about the only thing in bakers field.  ;D

There's one in Anaheim? So maybe they're closer than I think.

Written By: snozberries on 03/19/08 at 3:21 pm

There's one in Anaheim? So maybe they're closer than I think.

according the web site... but that's it one in Anaheim and 10 in bakersfield.  there are more up north & maybe some in San Diego.. I didn't go that far.

Written By: Kryllith on 03/26/08 at 1:34 pm

In & Out
Del Taco
El Pollo Loco

I'd also take a Fuddruckers, though that's not really fast food and there is one relatively close by (compared to the others anyway) at about a two hour drive.

Written By: snozberries on 03/29/08 at 10:03 pm

In & Out
Del Taco
El Pollo Loco

I'd also take a Fuddruckers, though that's not really fast food and there is one relatively close by (compared to the others anyway) at about a two hour drive.

Fuddruckers... I haven't been there for years...

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/29/08 at 10:05 pm

I just found out that we have a Sonic near us! Now what sucks is that I don't eat meat! Ha! :-\\

Written By: snozberries on 03/29/08 at 10:06 pm

I just found out that we have a Sonic near us! Now what sucks is that I don't eat meat! Ha! :-\\

I wonder if anyone has ever given up Veganism for lent???

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/29/08 at 10:08 pm

I wonder if anyone has ever given up Veganism for lent???

hmmmm...good question! ???

Written By: saver on 03/29/08 at 11:17 pm

Akron Ohio had a great chain of 'little burgers' called THE HAMBURGER STATION...better than White Castle(due to the oil they made them in) you'd eat 8-10 at a time!

Written By: mary on 03/31/08 at 8:58 pm

yeah all those things from sonic and arby's look good we don't have any of those in NYC

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/15/08 at 12:18 pm

I wish they had a Runza Drive-In here in KC. The closest one is in Lawrence, KS which is about 50 miles away, and I have no idea why there isn't at least one franchise in the KC metro.

If you're ever in Nebraska and near a town of over 20,000, stop and get a Runza. Maybe I'm a bit of a homer but they have some of the best french fries around, and their burgers are excellent as well.

http://www.runza.com/

Written By: Flaming Cuyahoga on 11/16/08 at 12:33 am

Three words for you: Del Taco. YUM!!!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/16/08 at 5:20 pm

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9G_bDpnqSBJMkkAI_OjzbkF/SIG=129979soj/EXP=1226963687/**http%3A//visitbgky.com/images/restaurants/ChickFilA.jpg  http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9G_bHOrqSBJmE8ArF2jzbkF/SIG=1309amcha/EXP=1226963755/**http%3A//www.gogoraleigh.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/chick-fil-a-logo-1.gif

and

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/86/235644991_20e9cee1b6.jpg?v=0

Written By: Dagwood on 11/16/08 at 6:29 pm

I would love White Castle to come here. 

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/16/08 at 6:34 pm

Akron Ohio had a great chain of 'little burgers' called THE HAMBURGER STATION...better than White Castle(due to the oil they made them in) you'd eat 8-10 at a time!

Did you ever eat at a little bar/grill in Cuyahoga Falls, it had a wing night and each wing was a dime, and they had lots and lots of kind of wings???  I do not remember what it was called, but it was a great place to hang out and watch a game???

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/16/08 at 6:39 pm

I would too, although someone told me there is now a White Castle in Davenport??? I still have to check it out, we used to have White Castle fly ins.. a local radio station would hire (or get them to volunteer) planes to go to the Aurora White Castle and they used to bring them back in coolers - They had 6 charter planes the last time they did them, people would then stop and pick them up and pay....  White Castle Corporate decided instead of stressing out one White Castle Franchise by this, to send down workers and stoves and et... And they put a mobile White Castle under a tent for the event...  Maybe they thought it would be a good venture, and came locally (it is still 27 miles away, but not hopeless)... ??? ??? ???

Written By: Ashkicksass on 12/05/08 at 3:34 pm

In-n-Out Burger.  There's one in southern Utah, but I want one here, dammit.  I love that place!

Written By: nally on 12/05/08 at 3:41 pm

In-n-Out Burger.  There's one in southern Utah, but I want one here, dammit.  I love that place!

Yes, they make good burgers (and fries too!). :) Too bad there isn't one in your part of the state :-\\

Written By: Midas on 12/06/08 at 9:00 am

We gots them all over the AZ now.  I have a coupon from them for a free burger! :D  I hope it hasn't expired yet. :P

Me too.

I'd like to have a Bojangle's out here.  Their chicken biscuits rock.

Char-Grill is a good local fast food chain in the Raleigh NC area.  Miss that too.

I also wish they'd bring Bennigan's back to the Valley.

Written By: Michael C. on 03/22/09 at 4:52 pm

I'd like to see SONIC come to My area..........
But...............like My Daughter says , whenever We see an ad on TV, "If there was a Sonic around here We'd weight a ton !"

Written By: anabel on 03/26/09 at 1:17 pm

I also wish they'd bring Bennigan's back to the Valley.

Here in Florida all the Bennigan's closed, except one which is privately owned at Channelside in Tampa. ( The Wall Street Journal reported that both Bennigan's and Steak and Ale had filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy and shut down. According to the news report, they were not expected to reopen.  Many formerly corporate-owned stores have been placed up for auction.)

I remember the day here that a lot of Bennigan's employees went to work and found CLOSED signs on the doors and they were all locked up and no one was notified in advance. It was horrible, these people were begging to be placed in other jobs somewhere on the news due to the shock of the closures.  There were at least 20 or so around here that all had their entire kitchens and freezers full of food that went bad because doors were locked and no one could get in for days.

Recently though, I heard that some Capital management corporation had bought them all out and was planning to reopen 50-60 locations.  I hope one of them will be near you!  ;)

As for something I'd like to see open here, I'd like to get a Dave & Busters.  There are only 2 in Florida, one in Jacksonville and one in Miami.  That's way too far-we need one in Tampa!  I aways see commercials for it and it looks so fun!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/26/09 at 2:04 pm

Yes, they make good burgers (and fries too!). :) Too bad there isn't one in your part of the state :-\\

They are building one like 20 minutes from me.  Hip hip hooray!

Written By: Dagwood on 03/26/09 at 9:54 pm

I heard they were thinking of building one by the Valley Fair Mall as well.  I can't wait.

Written By: Frank on 03/26/09 at 11:43 pm

LICKS burgers, or Fuddruckers

Written By: Foo Bar on 03/26/09 at 11:51 pm

LICKS burgers, or Fuddruckers

Anyone who ever finds themselves in downtown Toronto must try a Licks Homeburger. 

If you're up in the middle of the night, there's also no substitute for the 24/7 Fran's.  It's like stepping into the set of Back to the Future, and tastes even better.

Written By: Frank on 03/27/09 at 12:26 am

Anyone who ever finds themselves in downtown Toronto must try a Licks Homeburger. 

If you're up in the middle of the night, there's also no substitute for the 24/7 Fran's.  It's like stepping into the set of Back to the Future, and tastes even better.

Yup, when in Toronto, try a Licks Homeburger...good stuff. You won't regret.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/27/09 at 1:20 am

Original Tommy's    http://www.originaltommys.com/

they got chili burgers, chili dogs, chili fries, chili everything   :D     we ate at our first one back in the mid 80's (pre-Julie) in Burbank, Ca. and then our last visit was around 1999 (with 10 year old Julie) at the one inside Universal Studios. we were gonna go to the Hard Rock for lunch but the wait was friggin 30min and we were starving and there's about 40 different places to eat so we wisely chose  Original Tommys  8)

Written By: Davester on 03/28/09 at 3:23 pm

Schlotzsky's Deli...

http://www.schlotzskys.com/

Written By: nally on 03/28/09 at 3:24 pm

Yayyyy!!!! :D 8) ;D

Written By: Big Nasty on 04/19/09 at 5:34 pm

I have just a couple...
First for me is a Hooters!

Second, for myself as well as my lover is a Sonic

Written By: apollonia1986 on 04/21/09 at 1:53 pm

I'd actually like to see more burger kings in my area. There was one way back when I was little, but it went out of business after a bunch of rats appeared in it. LOL. They built a new one way on the other side of town. I won't drive that far for a Whopper. I hate the one closer to me. It was right across the street from the same McDonald's I've gone to since 1988.  >:(

Written By: Midas on 05/07/09 at 2:22 pm

I have just a couple...

What would Tam like?  :D  j/k  ;D

karen brought it up elsewhere; I'd like to see Panera in AZ.

Written By: Below Average Dave on 05/07/09 at 3:26 pm

Jack in the Box and Steak and Shake

Written By: whistledog on 05/08/09 at 8:58 pm

I have just a couple...

I know what Tam wants .. for American A&W's to serve Mozza Burgers

MMM Mozza Burger.  I may have one this weekend!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/16/09 at 3:55 pm

-Ihop
-Arby's
-Boston Chicken
-Schlotzsky's
-Joe's Crab Shack

Some that Carlos mentioned:

-White Castle
-Long John Silvers
-Arthur Treacher's (if they are still in business)
-Sonic

Cat

Written By: karen on 05/16/09 at 6:37 pm

-Arthur Treacher's (if they are still in business)

Cat

There is an Arthur Treacher's in East Hartford.  It's a joint Nathan's and Arthur Treacher's.  Never tried them

Written By: ninny on 05/18/09 at 12:30 pm

There is an Arthur Treacher's in East Hartford.  It's a joint Nathan's and Arthur Treacher's.  Never tried them

We haven't had a Arthur Treacher's in are area in over 30 years. I would like to try Joe's Crab Shack & Sonic.

Written By: Midas on 05/19/09 at 12:46 pm

I didn't know they still existed.  There was one in Phoenix in the late 70's.  Close to where that restaurant was now stands a gas station called "Pump-N-Munch". :D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/19/09 at 4:08 pm

I want a Boston Markets or a Red Lobster within walking distance from my house.  However I would be willing to settle for a Subway.

Written By: snozberries on 05/22/09 at 12:18 am

I want a Boston Markets or a Red Lobster within walking distance from my house.  However I would be willing to settle for a Subway.

I would love Red Lobster to come to SB...so I won't have to drive 40 miles (or 60 miles) for fried shrimp... and I still want a chick-fil-a in SB...since the closest one is still 40 miles away as well.

Written By: Frank on 05/22/09 at 12:23 am

I would love Red Lobster to come to SB...so I won't have to drive 40 miles (or 60 miles) for fried shrimp... and I still want a chick-fil-a in SB...since the closest one is still 40 miles away as well.

Red Lobster is so good. Love their shrimp and Lobster

I also haven't seen an Arthur Treacher's in at least 20 to 25 years. I enjoyed the food. Now I have to go to Connecticut to have some.

Written By: karen on 05/22/09 at 7:14 pm

I also haven't seen an Arthur Treacher's in at least 20 to 25 years. I enjoyed the food. Now I have to go to Connecticut to have some.

I have a coupon!

Written By: Frank on 05/23/09 at 12:02 am

I have a coupon!

coupon for the flight, the rental car I need to  purchase, the hotel, or the restaurant?

Written By: karen on 05/26/09 at 6:56 pm

coupon for the flight, the rental car I need to  purchase, the hotel, or the restaurant?

just for the food, sorry!

Written By: ninny on 06/30/09 at 7:06 am

I would like to go to IHop but not sure Tim would want to drive 35 minutes just for me to try the crepes
Has anyone been there? Are they any good?

Written By: snozberries on 06/30/09 at 10:46 pm

I would like to go to IHop but not sure Tim would want to drive 35 minutes just for me to try the crepes
Has anyone been there? Are they any good?

not bad actually... you know me tho I'm weird I don't get the fruit filled crepes... I prefer mine with powdered sugar only.... actually I prefer some crepes with my powdered sugar!  ;D  my mom used to make them with raisins in them... I wish IHOP did that!

Written By: Womble on 07/05/09 at 11:32 am

I would like a see Jack in the Box restaurant in my area. Love their onion rings.

Written By: anabel on 07/08/09 at 4:28 pm

^ I'd like to have a Jack In The Box here too-only one I've ever been to was in L.A.

This sort of fits in here but not really....  we had two Whattaburgers closeby and I noticed yesterday they are both closed now. Does anyone else have them?  Are they ALL closing?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 07/08/09 at 4:52 pm

I'd like to see a White Castle come to my town, I've enver been. They looked so yummy in "Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle" and I like to eat slider burgers. There was another place here called Kryxtal burger, but they went out of business. I don't know why, the burgers were so good, they'd make you wanna slap somebody.  :)

There's a building going up a few blocks from my house where an old Burger King was and I REALLY hope its a White Castle.

If it's another Sonic, I'll scream.

Check for new replies or respond here...