inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Worst Candy Ever

Written By: ninny on 03/04/08 at 8:23 am

I just looked up Asylum/For All Mankind's worst candy list and this is #1
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.asylum.com/media/2008/02/08pecanlogroll4oz-candydire.jpg
I must have bad taste because I use to like those.
This is # 4 Does anybody even remember these or have any I can have ;D
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.asylum.com/media/2008/02/win21-kitkat-720x483.jpg

Subject: Re: Worst Candy Ever

Written By: Jessica on 03/04/08 at 10:15 am

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.asylum.com/media/2008/02/08pecanlogroll4oz-candydire.jpg
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.asylum.com/media/2008/02/win21-kitkat-720x483.jpg

The writing on the Kit Kat box is in Japanese, so I'm assuming it is only available in Japan. Some other interesting flavors they have over there are apple and sakura (cherry blossom).

Written By: Tia on 03/04/08 at 10:35 am

anybody ever have a licorice altoid?  8-P

Written By: ninny on 03/04/08 at 10:59 am

My son tried one and spit it out in record time ;D,he likes the Chocolate ones & Cinnamon ones.

Written By: Tia on 03/04/08 at 11:05 am

My son tried one and spit it out in record time ;D
they're curiously disgusting. ;D i like ginger. the cinnamon ones are good too.

Written By: ninny on 03/04/08 at 12:06 pm

they're curiously disgusting. ;D i like ginger. the cinnamon ones are good too.

I never heard of the Ginger kind

Written By: KKay on 03/04/08 at 1:40 pm

I have to say that atomic sour stuff is gruesome....the second i read the title of this thread, my mouth began to water. jeeeesh, i hate those.

Written By: Tia on 03/04/08 at 1:42 pm

I never heard of the Ginger kind
some folks love em, some hate em, no one is indifferent.

on the other hand the licorice ones seem to be uniformly unfit for human consumption. i actually think they constitute an attack on the part of the altoid company against the american people. :o

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/04/08 at 4:40 pm

black licorice 8-P

Written By: loki 13 on 03/04/08 at 4:47 pm

black licorice 8-P

I love black licorice; and black jelly beans and Good N Plenty.

However....Chocolate Licorice  8-P

Written By: karen on 03/04/08 at 6:51 pm

black licorice 8-P

What other kind is there?

I like liquorice.  As long as it's not salted.  8-P

Written By: coqueta83 on 03/04/08 at 7:26 pm

black licorice 8-P

Me too....I never liked that stuff.

Written By: KKay on 03/04/08 at 8:06 pm

(I love licorice,  but I agree that chocolate licorice is from hell. :P

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/04/08 at 9:20 pm

What other kind is there?

I like liquorice.  As long as it's not salted.  8-P

cherry/strawberry/chocolate...I've even had blueberry, pina colada, green apple, etc..

Written By: cinnabon on 03/05/08 at 5:11 am

I tried the Snickers cruncher bar once and it didn't appeal to me.

Also, some of the Jelly Belly flavors they have sound gross (like booger and vomit)  8-P

Written By: Bobby on 03/05/08 at 9:44 am

For me it was those Parma Violets - absolutely disgusting.

Written By: gemini on 03/05/08 at 5:28 pm

Licorice and anything with coconut in it.  8-P

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/05/08 at 6:28 pm

black licorice 8-P

I second that!!  Blah. 8-P

Written By: karen on 03/05/08 at 7:06 pm

cherry/strawberry/chocolate...I've even had blueberry, pina colada, green apple, etc..

I think that technically that only the black stuff is the real deal.  Although the strawberry stuff is alright.

Written By: coqueta83 on 03/05/08 at 7:33 pm

The only other licorice flavors I've had are cherry and strawberry....the other flavors (except chocolate) sound interesting!

Written By: sugar168 on 03/06/08 at 10:42 pm

my mom loves them!!

Written By: Tam on 03/07/08 at 12:32 am

8-P anything with coconut
8-P anything with marshmellow
8-P anything with crisped rice

Now - Licorice!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE black licorice!
People... it is an aphrodisiac!!! :D

The Chinese have been using it for years as an herbal remedy. It is an expectorant, it is good for peptic ulcers and it's a mild laxative.
It's in root beer, NyQuil, Sambuca... oy I could go on and on! LOL

Written By: Brigitte on 03/08/08 at 3:38 pm

Wine gums are yucky however I love jujubes!

Written By: danootaandme on 03/09/08 at 6:54 am

I love black licorice, the other stuff isn't licorice at all.  My grandmother used to like and old fashioned candy called horehounds.  You don't see them to many places, Usually those places done up to look like very old fashioned penny general stores. They are sort of like a cough drop but, as I remember, very bitter.  She is the only one I know that ever liked them.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 03/09/08 at 3:15 pm

black licorice, but then again, certain red ones don't appeal to me. When I moved to the West Coast, I was introduced to Red Vines (ew - worse licorice ever). I prefer Twizzlers.

Written By: midnite on 03/13/08 at 11:22 pm

Candy corn and marshmellow bunnies.  yuck!

Written By: Stompgal on 03/30/08 at 7:03 am

Liquorice
Turkish Delight
Aniseed flavoured sweets
Alcoholic chocolates
Chocolate with chilli flavour

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 03/30/08 at 10:13 am

Circus peanuts... I would literally hurl if I was forced to take the smallest nibble of one!  8-P

Written By: whistledog on 03/30/08 at 2:22 pm

Chocolate with chilli flavour

Can't say as I've heard of that, but it doesn't sound too appetizing :o

Written By: Brigitte on 03/30/08 at 2:32 pm

Thrills! The gum that tastes like soap.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thrills

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/30/08 at 2:34 pm

Butter Rum Lifesavers and those candies that taste a bit like Pepto-Bismal. 8-P

Written By: whistledog on 03/30/08 at 7:42 pm

Thrills! The gum that tastes like soap.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thrills

MAn, that's like the best candy ever.  I get those whenever I can

Written By: Step-chan on 03/30/08 at 7:45 pm

I've had pecan rolls a couple times, while not a fan of them... they didn't taste bad.

Written By: Step-chan on 03/30/08 at 7:55 pm

I have to say that atomic sour stuff is gruesome....the second i read the title of this thread, my mouth began to water. jeeeesh, i hate those.

Is that the gum?

Written By: Step-chan on 03/30/08 at 8:02 pm

I tried the Snickers cruncher bar once and it didn't appeal to me.

Also, some of the Jelly Belly flavors they have sound gross (like booger and vomit)  8-P

I remember going to a Borders Bookstore and they have this set of Jelly Belly jellybeans that was just cruel, it had a mix of their flavors and some of the gross ones like what you mentioned. Here's where the cruel part comes in... Each of the normal flavors and gross flavors looked like each other.

Example: Buttered popcorn and moldy cheese both looked alike.

Written By: midnite on 04/07/08 at 12:01 am

I always thought Good & Plenty was disgusting.  Those licorice candies that looked somewhat like prescription pills.  Do they still make them?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 04/09/08 at 3:49 pm

Good and Plenty is Bad and Nasty--to me. I hate licorice.

But the one candy I hated as a child was called a Bombstik and it was this hard cany in the shape of a cone and it came on stick. It tasted like glue and the very first one I tried pulled my loose tooth out. (Sure the Tooth Fairy AKA Mom left me a dollar that night, but it still hurt!)

Written By: saver on 04/09/08 at 6:06 pm

How about 'tongue tacks'...candy shaped like thumb tacks but when you put them in your mouth and bite down, the blood from your tongue mixes with your saliva and tastes yummy! :o :o

Written By: Step-chan on 04/10/08 at 9:55 pm

I always thought Good & Plenty was disgusting.  Those licorice candies that looked somewhat like prescription pills.   Do they still make them?

Yes they do, I've had them once and will never eat them again.

Thing is I don't mind black licorice in jelly bean form.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/10/08 at 10:18 pm

How about 'tongue tacks'...candy shaped like thumb tacks but when you put them in your mouth and bite down, the blood from your tongue mixes with your saliva and tastes yummy! :o :o

hot diggety! Yum. :D

Written By: saver on 04/14/08 at 5:33 pm

Then the old 'Poo-On-A-Rope'
Kind of like candy necklaces but tootsie roll type chuncks strung together and you would chew them off...

:P

Written By: Step-chan on 04/14/08 at 5:35 pm

Then the old 'Poo-On-A-Rope'
Kind of like candy necklaces but tootsie roll type chuncks strung together and you would chew them off...

:P

I've never had the tootsie roll version of those.

Written By: saver on 04/15/08 at 1:30 am

This was one designed for the girls.."Whoops, I'm a mama!"

Colored, 'fake', candy birth control pills...Take a few then shout 'Whoops I'm a mama!' when you find they didn't work. Then the fun begins!

Baby Mama baby sold separately.

Written By: Jessica on 04/15/08 at 10:49 am

This was one designed for the girls.."Whoops, I'm a mama!"

Colored, 'fake', candy birth control pills...Take a few then shout 'Whoops I'm a mama!' when you find they didn't work. Then the fun begins!

Baby Mama baby sold separately.

::)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/18/08 at 3:52 pm

I love black licorice, the other stuff isn't licorice at all.  My grandmother used to like and old fashioned candy called horehounds.  You don't see them to many places, Usually those places done up to look like very old fashioned penny general stores. They are sort of like a cough drop but, as I remember, very bitter.  She is the only one I know that ever liked them.

My grandpa bought us a bag of horehound candy once.  I was so excited until I tasted it.  That stuff is horrible. 

I love black licorice and Good and Plenty.  Haven't tried the Altoids.  I can't stand Twizzlers - especially the chocolate flavor!

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/18/08 at 5:05 pm

Can Peeps be the worst candy ever?

Written By: Red Ant on 04/21/08 at 2:52 pm

~Anything licorice flavored.
~Sugar Daddies. Great flavor but they wreak havoc on teeth and especially retainers or braces.

and

~In Russell Stover assorted chocolates, the ones with that weird pink colored filling inside. Those are horrid. If "divorce" was a flavor, that would be it.

Ant

Written By: Step-chan on 04/21/08 at 2:57 pm

I know I don't like them, but there's candy that I hate more.

Written By: Cynthia on 08/01/08 at 12:43 pm

Butter Rum Lifesavers and those candies that taste a bit like Pepto-Bismal. 8-P
Butter rum is the best!!!!!!!! :D

But I will agree anything winter green is disgusting

Written By: danootaandme on 08/01/08 at 4:36 pm

black licorice 8-P

I love black licorice, the bitterer the betterer  :D  Peeps!  They are horrible, mighty as well just suck on a teaspoon full of sugar.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/03/08 at 6:22 am

black licorice 8-P
Gives you a good run for your money.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/03/08 at 10:00 am

~Anything licorice flavored.
~Sugar Daddies. Great flavor but they wreak havoc on teeth and especially retainers or braces.

and

~In Russell Stover assorted chocolates, the ones with that weird pink colored filling inside. Those are horrid. If "divorce" was a flavor, that would be it.

Ant

Russell Stover chocolate is pretty vile stuff.  The only thing worse is Palmers chocolate.

Sugar Daddies - Yep, those things will rip braces right off wire and all.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/03/08 at 10:01 am

Yes.  Some folks can't stomach pure sugar. :P

Written By: greenjello74 on 08/24/08 at 10:31 pm

i love peeps, ya know I don't think I ever met a candy I don't like......Maybe peanut brittle yeah yuck

Written By: Stompgal on 09/01/08 at 5:55 am

Can't say as I've heard of that, but it doesn't sound too appetizing :o

I am a member of the Hotel Chocolat Tasting Club and I once got a dark chocolate Chilli and Orange Mini Slab in my Solid Chocolate Selection. I liked the orange but I found the chilli too overpowering and that was probably the worst chocolate I've ever tried in my selections.

Written By: whistledog on 09/01/08 at 10:01 am

I am a member of the Hotel Chocolat Tasting Club and I once got a dark chocolate Chilli and Orange Mini Slab in my Solid Chocolate Selection. I liked the orange but I found the chilli too overpowering and that was probably the worst chocolate I've ever tried in my selections.

Chilli as in "hot and spicy? :o

Chocolate and Chilli .. man, I just don't know lol

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/02/08 at 1:58 am

Chilli as in "hot and spicy? :o

Chocolate and Chilli .. man, I just don't know lol

Don't knock it till you've tried it.  It's a trick best left to the professionals, but salt/spice and chocolate can actually go well together. The chili/chocolate combo was probably inspired by the fact that chocolate is of pre-conquest central/south American origin, and it's not that different than the modern-day Mexican spice known as mole'. 

Weirdest chocolate I've ever had was chocolate with black pepper, and it was good.  Weirdest chocolate I've ever seen in retail outlets was a chocolate bar featuring small flecks of bacon, which is also really awesome.  Worst?  I immediately went home, fried some bacon, and dipped it in melted chocolate, which didn't do a thing for me.  (20% bacon, 80% chocolate is about the most bacon:chocolate ratio that worked for me; results from your tastebuds may, and probably will, vary.)

If there's ever a "chocolate salon" or chocolate-related trade show in your area that's open to the public, skip breakfast and go there.  You will eat your admission price's worth of chocolate over the course of the day.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 09/03/08 at 2:19 am

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0S020lcOr5Ium0AZp.jzbkF/SIG=11s93h1eb/EXP=1220512732/**http%3A//snacks.cyberpunks.org/mounds.jpeg

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/03/08 at 5:04 pm

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0S020lcOr5Ium0AZp.jzbkF/SIG=11s93h1eb/EXP=1220512732/**http%3A//snacks.cyberpunks.org/mounds.jpeg

Almond Joys are even worse. 8-P

Written By: greenjello74 on 09/03/08 at 7:22 pm

I can eat Mounds of Mounds!!!!!

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/04/08 at 1:01 am

High road:  "And I thought I'd heard every one-liner based on the 'Almond Joy's Got Nuts, Mounds Don't' jingle back in junior high!"

Low road:  Leave Sarah Palin outa this!

Decisions, decisions...

ObBadCandy:  Attention, Japan!  Dehydrated crabs, the size of a quarter, intended to be eaten intact (shells, arms, legs, guts, and all), are not candy, even if served in a plastic baggie from a vending machine.  That is all.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 09/04/08 at 1:41 am

Almond Joys are even worse. 8-P
;D  I don't know, I do like almonds but they kinda get lost in that white flaky stuff  8-P

you aren't alone, they sell a lot of them at the general store where I work.

ObBadCandy:  Attention, Japan!  Dehydrated crabs, the size of a quarter, intended to be eaten intact (shells, arms, legs, guts, and all), are not candy, even if served in a plastic baggie from a vending machine.  That is all.
I betcha those are good, and this said from a person who won't eat a Mounds bar.  I used to eat those packaged dried and salted shrimp when I was young.

Written By: Davester on 09/04/08 at 1:55 am

;D  I don't know, I do like almonds but they kinda get lost in that white flaky stuff  8-P
you aren't alone, they sell a lot of them at the general store where I work.
I betcha those are good, and this said from a person who won't eat a Mounds bar.  I used to eat those packaged dried and salted shrimp when I was young.

Almond Joy is good stuff...

I bever understood the appeal of candy corn.  I used to get a TON of that stuff for trick or treats.  Might as well suck on a sugar cube...

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 09/04/08 at 1:58 am

I bever understood the appeal of candy corn.  I used to get a TON of that stuff for trick or treats.  Might as well suck on a sugar cube...
I think Mounds and Almond Joy lovers must dig the flavor of coconut, something I don't care for, unless it's toasted like in a Chick-O-Stick.  candy corn is all sugar, but it's kinda similar to caramel, to me  :D

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/04/08 at 2:45 am

Actually, the dried crabs weren't bad, you just had to get over the fact that you weren't just eating the crunchy shell, but that you were eating everything that was inside the crab, (including its guts, and by extension, its poop!) was a little unnerving until you realized that the dehydration process was going to sterilize everything anyways. 

It's sorta like that Kopi Luwak weasel-poop coffee.  At first, you wonder WTF you're doing even thinking about trying it, and then you realize the roasting process has made it fundamentally indistinguishable from any other coffee.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 09/04/08 at 2:54 am

Actually, the dried crabs weren't bad, you just had to get over the fact that you weren't just eating the crunchy shell, but that you were eating everything that was inside the crab, (including its guts, and by extension, its poop!) was a little unnerving until you realized that the dehydration process was going to sterilize everything anyways. 

It's sorta like that Kopi Luwak weasel-poop coffee.  At first, you wonder WTF you're doing even thinking about trying it, and then you realize the roasting process has made it fundamentally indistinguishable from any other coffee.
wtf is that  ;D    ^  sometimes with stuff like that, I wonder why they name it something hideous like that. I think if they just don't name it, then I may eat or drink it.

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/05/08 at 12:56 am

wtf is that  ;D    ^  sometimes with stuff like that, I wonder why they name it something hideous like that. I think if they just don't name it, then I may eat or drink it.

My brain was playing tricks on me.  I remembered the beans and the species, but I'd gotten my orifices mixed up.  (From time to time, I've been told I don't know my head from my ass, but now there's proof!)

Kopi Luwak is made from Indonesian coffee beans that have been eaten and pooped out by a civet cat.

The reference to weasels was for a Vietnamese coffee, but that's weasel vomit, not poop.  (Thirsty yet?)  Wikipedia says that the "weasel" in question is apparently the locals' name for the same species, which was the source of my brain fart. 

At ~$100/lb, get a bunch of friends or officemates together an order some online.  It's worth trying, just for being able to say you've tried it.  At ~$100/cup in that place in London, forget it.  (around $10-20/cup is a fair price -- go for it, and any coffee bar that sells Kopi Luwak will have a server who will also be able to suggest something comparable at much cheaper because it's only going to be passing through one digestive system, not two.  Buy a cuppa that, and taste it side by side against the Luwak.  Theoretically, there are reasons to expect a taste difference, but it's always worth experimenting to see if (a) you can tell the difference, (b) if you can taste the difference, do you prefer the weasel-processed coffee, and (c) if you prefer the weasel-processed coffee, if the difference in taste is worth the price increase.)

I could taste the difference, but didn't have much of a preference.  My officemates and I didn't buy a second pound, but we got our money's worth out of the experiment, though.  Having co-workers ask us why ten of us were studiously sipping from cups of coffee led to the inevitable "What's going on?"  "We're drinking weasel poop.  Want some?"  "WTF?"  "No, really.  One of these cups is our standard office coffee, one is weasel poop, one is weasel puke." conversation, and the look of utter confusion on the faces of the uninitiated was worth every penny we paid for the coffee.

ObBadCandy:  I like chocolate-covered coffee beans as a cheap, tasty, and crunchy caffeine source.  What could be more delicious (and yet absolutely repulsive!) than crunching down on chocolate-covered Kopi Luwak bean?  Or a whole... umm... stick of them!  Do a google image search for "Kopi Luwak", and you'll find that the whole beans come in a (how to put this politely?) decidedly un-coffee-bean-like form factor.  When you've done that google image search, imagine one dipped in melted chocolate, and taking a big bite out of it.  It'd make the O Henry bar in Caddyshack look positively tame by comparison!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 09/05/08 at 1:45 am

My brain was playing tricks on me.  I remembered the beans and the species, but I'd gotten my orifices mixed up.  (From time to time, I've been told I don't know my head from my ass, but now there's proof!)

Kopi Luwak is made from Indonesian coffee beans that have been eaten and pooped out by a civet cat.

The reference to weasels was for a Vietnamese coffee, but that's weasel vomit, not poop.  (Thirsty yet?)  Wikipedia says that the "weasel" in question is apparently the locals' name for the same species, which was the source of my brain fart. 

At ~$100/lb, get a bunch of friends or officemates together an order some online.  It's worth trying, just for being able to say you've tried it.  At ~$100/cup in that place in London, forget it.  (around $10-20/cup is a fair price -- go for it, and any coffee bar that sells Kopi Luwak will have a server who will also be able to suggest something comparable at much cheaper because it's only going to be passing through one digestive system, not two.  Buy a cuppa that, and taste it side by side against the Luwak.  Theoretically, there are reasons to expect a taste difference, but it's always worth experimenting to see if (a) you can tell the difference, (b) if you can taste the difference, do you prefer the weasel-processed coffee, and (c) if you prefer the weasel-processed coffee, if the difference in taste is worth the price increase.)

I could taste the difference, but didn't have much of a preference.  My officemates and I didn't buy a second pound, but we got our money's worth out of the experiment, though.  Having co-workers ask us why ten of us were studiously sipping from cups of coffee led to the inevitable "What's going on?"  "We're drinking weasel poop.  Want some?"  "WTF?"  "No, really.  One of these cups is our standard office coffee, one is weasel poop, one is weasel puke." conversation, and the look of utter confusion on the faces of the uninitiated was worth every penny we paid for the coffee.

ObBadCandy:  I like chocolate-covered coffee beans as a cheap, tasty, and crunchy caffeine source.  What could be more delicious (and yet absolutely repulsive!) than crunching down on chocolate-covered Kopi Luwak bean?  Or a whole... umm... stick of them!  Do a google image search for "Kopi Luwak", and you'll find that the whole beans come in a (how to put this politely?) decidedly un-coffee-bean-like form factor.  When you've done that google image search, imagine one dipped in melted chocolate, and taking a big bite out of it.  It'd make the O Henry bar in Caddyshack look positively tame by comparison!
I wonder if the civet cat is laughing his coffee pooping ass off,  knowing humans are drinking refined kopi luwak beans  ;D  my gosh, who thought of this processing or was it out of necessity.  that's the wildest coffee story I've ever heard.  and you guys tried some? even wilder yet. you're got fear factor tv show potential Foo Bar

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/05/08 at 12:12 pm

Can't stand candy corn, for some reason I don't mind the pumpkins as much.

Written By: 2kidsami on 09/07/08 at 11:56 am

SLO Pokes - what exactly are they ?  They have to be related to sugar daddies and etc...........YUCK 8-P

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/08/08 at 12:02 am

I wonder if the civet cat is laughing his coffee pooping ass off,  knowing humans are drinking refined kopi luwak beans  ;D  my gosh, who thought of this processing or was it out of necessity. 

Actually, the reasoning isn't as crazy as it sounds.  When we pick coffee berries, we want the ones at their peak of ripeness (cue Juan Valdez from those 80s coffee commercials).  But when we turn those coffee berries into coffee beans, we throw away the outer husk anyways in order to get at the seed (the coffee bean) that lies inside it.

Enter the civet cat.  It's got nothing better to do during its waking hours than wander around the most inaccessible places, nibbling at coffee.  It's probably a lot better at picking the most ripe beans than you or I am.  It's actually eating the outer husk (which is the fruit of the coffee plant), which we just throw away. 

(at this point I switch from "things for which I have evidence" to "sheer speculation")

Og the Shaman probably knew a lot about plants.  He knew that if you ate coffee beans, you could get a sweet buzz off it.  And that it was the seed (the bean) that gave the buzz, not the fruity bit around the outside.  But Og's caveman brethren, being hunter-gatherers, probably didn't have all day to go picking coffee beans.  Even Og, in his role as Shaman, didn't have that kind of time.  But then he saw this civet cat, and this civet cat knew exactly which beans to pick. 

Shama Og looked at its poop, and saw the result of 3-4 hours of civet cat hunting, and maybe 12 hours of human picking.  And said "Hey, if I just roast this over the campfire tonight and toss the husk, my fellow tribesmen will be none the wiser, and they'll wonder why Shaman Og's coffee is the awesomest in the land!"

(end speculation)

I can understand the invention of milk.  Og see baby human eat human-boobie, and baby cow eat cow-boobie.  Wonder if same stuff.  (Og's just discovered that it's not the same stuff, but it's pretty darn good, and sure beats starvation.)

I can understand the invention of cheese.  Og store cow-boobie-juice in pouch made from cow-stomach.  Wonder why go all sticky but taste great and not rot as much!  (Og's just discovered that rennet solidifies the casein in milk, and that solidified milk won't rot as quickly.)

I can understand the invention of coffee.  Og munches on one or two of just about everything he can find, and what doesn't kill him (but does give him a buzz) gets added to the list of "fun" plants.

But the day Og decided that the civet cat was a better coffee picker than a human being... and was willing to eat a tea brewed from the cat's poop to test his hypothesis.  He's the guy who should have been on Caveman Fear Factor, not me.  (If I stand so high, it's only because I stand on the poop of giants!)

Written By: Trimac20 on 09/25/08 at 4:16 am

Black Licorice, banana lollies, 'Fags', musk sticks, pixie sticks (in other words 100% sugar in nauseating fluro colours), some types of mints which taste like toothpaste or medicine  :P

Written By: Lindee on 09/25/08 at 11:01 am

For me it was those Parma Violets - absolutely disgusting.

Are they the same as the Cowards violet candy and gum?

I agree with the poster about circus peanuts; absolutely no flavor at all  8-P
Peanut Butter kisses (in orange & black wrappers) at Halloween time

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/25/08 at 2:27 pm

I agree with the poster about circus peanuts; absolutely no flavor at all  8-P
Peanut Butter kisses (in orange & black wrappers) at Halloween time

Whatever company makes those Peanut Butter kisses should shut down.  My gosh, I couldn't even give them to my parents.  The parents are in their 70's and grew up on old fashion candy.

Written By: karen on 09/28/08 at 7:23 pm

Probably not.  Parma violets are small sweets that like like purple pills.  crunchy, powdery and taste like you are eating perfume.  Must be good though, they have their own wiki entry]=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parma_Violets]wiki entry

Written By: Marian on 10/09/08 at 12:46 pm

black licorice 8-P
I used to think I didn't like it,but i found I prefer the authentic varieties made with molasses or cane sugar,rather than corn syrup.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 10/10/08 at 2:37 am

Bridge Mix  http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0S020r5Be9ITiEAIjejzbkF/SIG=128p03m22/EXP=1223710585/**http%3A//www.davesauction.com/BrachBridgeMix7oz_lg.jpg

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/10/08 at 4:53 am

black licorice 8-P
You get a good run for your money with licorice.

Written By: ninny on 10/10/08 at 3:39 pm

Bridge Mix   http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0S020r5Be9ITiEAIjejzbkF/SIG=128p03m22/EXP=1223710585/**http%3A//www.davesauction.com/BrachBridgeMix7oz_lg.jpg

My mom use to buy that all the time,I really didn't mind it. I liked the raisins,almonds and malted milk balls.

Written By: holicman on 10/13/08 at 7:33 am

black licorice 8-P

I agree, that stuff is sheeshhouse.

Written By: 2kidsami on 10/13/08 at 7:03 pm

I agree, that stuff is sheeshhouse.
even worse than black licorice, were those awful anise hard candies, or what is exactly horehound????? Yucky

Written By: Dagwood on 10/13/08 at 7:34 pm

Black licorice, necco wafers, peeps and anything with coconut. bleah

Written By: star80 on 10/30/08 at 5:53 am

Black Licorice, although I hate the red kind, too

Written By: Andria on 10/30/08 at 11:58 pm

Worst candy ever? For sure, it's Bertie Botts' Every-Flavor jellybeans by Jelly Belly. Anyone who would buy candy with flavors like dill pickle, booger, earwax, vomit, dirt, sardine and sweat needs to see a psychiatrist as quickly as possible.

Check for new replies or respond here...