inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Eating food after a diet.

Written By: Gis on 03/24/08 at 4:57 am

Ok so I'm intrigued to know if I am alone in this, but I have just done lent. No chocolate, crisps(chips), biscuits(cookies) or cake. Sadly I haven't lost a single ounce of weight *sigh* Anyways I had some crisps and I couldn't finish them, they tasted so greasy I don't think I ever want to eat any again.  :P Has anyone else done that after dieting/taking a break from certain foods? I'm also finding some things incredibly sweet. 

Subject: Re: Eating food after a diet.

Written By: KKay on 03/24/08 at 7:23 am

sure...while i was sick i didn't eat much but life-savers.  but you're right; particularly fried food is gross.i wanted to live the way i had been, but i'm happy to have real food again.
i agree. things just taste icky after not eating htem.

Written By: Jessica on 03/24/08 at 10:17 am

I'm like that with any types of deep fried foods. I can eat stuff that has been lightly fried, but anything else gives me a gut ache.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/24/08 at 1:23 pm

yes...there are certain foods that I have avoided for sometime now...meat being one of them. The only thing I will eat is a bit of fish. Well...the other day, I ate something and was totally unaware that there was chicken in it....let's just say..I got very very sick. 8-P

Also...I stopped eating fast food months ago (fries, sandwiches, etc)...but occasionally I will eat a few fries...but they just taste like pure garbage now. Ick. 8-P

Written By: NbC on 03/26/08 at 7:16 am

Last week I ordered a Veggie burger from Burger King for dinner, I was working the late shift.  From the moment I opened the wrapper I noticed that it didn't smell the same but I just thought they changed the patty or something like that.  I took a couple of bites and it tasted really weird.  When I lifted up the bun I noticed that there was bacon on my Veggie burger instead of the pickles I had asked for.  :o  >:(  I was in shock, then I was angry.  Who would put bacon on a veggie patty!!!!  I hadn't eaten meat/fish or anything like that in over 12 years and it was very upsetting that I had even consumed the little bit that I had unknowingly.  It still bothers me now.  It didn't make me sick because it was just a small amount but it wasn't a taste that I ever want to experience again.  8-P  Before I converted I do remember liking bacon. 

Written By: Bobby on 03/26/08 at 11:55 am

I have that problem with onion rings and garlic mushrooms. They taste awful.

Written By: Stompgal on 08/24/08 at 10:45 am

I have just given up my Weight Watchers plan and now I am focussing on my own diet by choosing healthier options most of the time. Sometimes I'm allowed to treat myself.

Written By: midnite on 08/25/08 at 9:33 pm

My diet advice:  Ramadan starts next week.  Convert to Islam and fast (no eating).

Written By: greenjello74 on 08/25/08 at 10:14 pm

Last week I ordered a Veggie burger from Burger King for dinner, I was working the late shift.  From the moment I opened the wrapper I noticed that it didn't smell the same but I just thought they changed the patty or something like that.  I took a couple of bites and it tasted really weird.  When I lifted up the bun I noticed that there was bacon on my Veggie burger instead of the pickles I had asked for.  :o  >:(  I was in shock, then I was angry.  Who would put bacon on a veggie patty!!!!  I hadn't eaten meat/fish or anything like that in over 12 years and it was very upsetting that I had even consumed the little bit that I had unknowingly.  It still bothers me now.  It didn't make me sick because it was just a small amount but it wasn't a taste that I ever want to experience again.  8-P  Before I converted I do remember liking bacon. 

Idiots that work at Burger King.

Written By: Gis on 08/26/08 at 8:27 am

I'd forgotten about this thread!

I still haven't eaten crisps(chips) since Lent or pizza for that matter.

Check for new replies or respond here...