inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anyone know of THIS candy NOUGAT?

Written By: saver on 03/27/08 at 9:25 pm

When in the 60's growing up in NY, a popular penny(?) candy was a pink and white nougat candy with juicyfruit like gels throughout it.

The only kinda-like is the BRACH'S (white)nougat with juicyfriut bits...but too hard and tasteless.

Have they stopped making this brand or type?...Also I find a nougat candy company that sells Italian nougats wrapped in edible rice paper with fruitcandy in it(found at Italian markets) but this is not the wrapped kid memory I have.

Are they totally gone?(Maybe even had coconut bits in it too).

Subject: Re: Anyone know of THIS candy NOUGAT?

Written By: Bobby on 03/27/08 at 9:55 pm

Yes I remember Nougat and liked eating it. It was pink, white and very chewy. I think they still sell it here in the UK.

Written By: saver on 03/28/08 at 12:47 am

Yes I remember Nougat and liked eating it. It was pink, white and very chewy. I think they still sell it here in the UK.

Glad to meet a mate who may know of it...I'm believing the one I liked was a NY-made product.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/28/08 at 6:40 am

Nougat for me was considered to be a teeth breaker.

Written By: Bobby on 03/28/08 at 6:41 am

Glad to meet a mate who may know of it...I'm believing the one I liked was a NY-made product.

Yeah, it's been around for years. My mum was partial to it some time ago (probably still loves it). If I remember, I have never known a sweet to fill you up like a Nougat does.

Written By: ninny on 03/28/08 at 6:58 am

I found this on the internet

http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/images/nougat.jpg

Nougat - The traditional stuff. . . creamy pink and white nougat with little pieces of peanut.

Very nutty, very chewy and very very moreish! We love the packaging at A Quarter Of, because it's nice and old-fashioned, and as you know, we love anything with a high nostalgia factor. Thumbs up!

£2.47 for 5 bars

http://www.mrsbrowns.co.uk/acatalog/PINK_AND_WHITE_NOUGAT.jpg

MRS BROWNS PINK AND WHITE NOUGAT
Pink and White Nougat Bar, Mrs Browns own make with our own livery on the package. A delicious firm chewy pink and white nougat, a perfect gift idea.170grms

Click OLD FASHIONED GIFT SWEETS to go back a level

Price: (no VAT charged)  £1.60

Hope that helps

Written By: Bobby on 03/28/08 at 7:05 am

That's the one, ninny. I fancy some Nougat now, lol.

Written By: ninny on 03/28/08 at 8:12 am

That's the one, ninny. I fancy some Nougat now, lol.

We have some Nougat over here,but I have to agree with Philip it's hard on your teeth,but good :)

Written By: saver on 03/28/08 at 11:40 pm

I found this on the internet

http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/images/nougat.jpg

Nougat - The traditional stuff. . . creamy pink and white nougat with little pieces of peanut.

Very nutty, very chewy and very very moreish! We love the packaging at A Quarter Of, because it's nice and old-fashioned, and as you know, we love anything with a high nostalgia factor. Thumbs up!

£2.47 for 5 bars

http://www.mrsbrowns.co.uk/acatalog/PINK_AND_WHITE_NOUGAT.jpg

MRS BROWNS PINK AND WHITE NOUGAT
Pink and White Nougat Bar, Mrs Browns own make with our own livery on the package. A delicious firm chewy pink and white nougat, a perfect gift idea.170grms

Click OLD FASHIONED GIFT SWEETS to go back a level

Price: (no VAT charged)   £1.60

Hope that helps

That was good to see, but nowhere near what I loved back then..ours were rounded and wrapped each piece in clear celophane with maybe nuts, but gummi fruit pieces in it.

Written By: mary on 03/31/08 at 9:19 pm

i've had those before, i know of the white one's with the fruit peices in it i've had that too, but i always thought it was taffy

Check for new replies or respond here...