inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: KFC

Written By: Lindee on 04/02/08 at 10:01 am

My husband and I ate dinner at KFC last Friday. We both ordered the original recipe chicken. It seems like they changed the coating. It didn't seem as moist as it usually is; more towards the dry side. He worked at KFC in the 70s and said it's definiately not the same. Anybody else noticed this?

Subject: Re: KFC

Written By: snozberries on 04/02/08 at 12:58 pm

My husband and I ate dinner at KFC last Friday. We both ordered the original recipe chicken. It seems like they changed the coating. It didn't seem as moist as it usually is; more towards the dry side. He worked at KFC in the 70s and said it's definiately not the same. Anybody else noticed this?

yeah I noticed this years ago... I used to love to eat the skin but now its different.

I like the honey bbq wings but they smell like an ashtray to me...

Written By: Tia on 04/02/08 at 1:01 pm

yeah 70s kfc was crunchier and better to this preteen's fast-food spoiled gullet. i still eat kfc from time to time but they changed something long ago.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/03/08 at 7:44 am

http://media.npr.org/programs/atc/images/2006/peepsbucket200.jpg

There you go, peep flavoured chicken?

Written By: Step-chan on 04/04/08 at 4:16 pm

http://media.npr.org/programs/atc/images/2006/peepsbucket200.jpg

There you go, peep flavoured chicken?

:o

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/04/08 at 4:29 pm

:o
...or chicken flavoured peeps?

Written By: mandamoo on 04/05/08 at 5:02 am

It was much the same here when I last ate it

Written By: Step-chan on 04/05/08 at 4:40 pm

...or chicken flavoured peeps?

That sounds like a gimmick flavor someone like Jones soda would do. :D

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/08/08 at 3:43 am

Probably due to the elimination of trans-fats in the oil, which took place some time last year. 

I'll have to try some to confirm; it's been a year or so since I've indulged in the stuff and see if it's changed.  The transition is complete chain-wide, so it'll be interesting to see if I can taste the difference.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/08/08 at 4:02 am

That sounds like a gimmick flavor someone like Jones soda would do. :D
...and would they?

Written By: whistledog on 04/13/08 at 9:06 pm

KFC Still tastes the same to me from when I was a kid

For you Americans (and maybe overseas countries), you know how KFC has things like Corn on the Cob, Mashed Potatoes, Beans and Rolls?  Yeah, KFCs in Canada don't have any of that.  Just Chicken, Salads, Fries and those two-bite Brownies

Written By: snozberries on 04/14/08 at 4:32 pm

For you Americans (and maybe overseas countries), you know how KFC has things like Corn on the Cob, Mashed Potatoes, Beans and Rolls?  Yeah, KFCs in Canada don't have any of that.  Just Chicken, Salads, Fries and those two-bite Brownies

KFC without mashed potatoes??? BLASPHEMY!!!!!

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/14/08 at 4:33 pm

KFC without mashed potatoes??? BLASPHEMY!!!!!

I have only seen it with fries over here.

Written By: snozberries on 04/14/08 at 4:37 pm

I have only seen it with fries over here.

So sad...apparently you people are denied all the great things American culture has to offer...first the ability to view ABC shows online and now KFC mashed potatoes....oh yeah  and apparently Mountain Dew.  Although I think Canada at least gets the latter.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/14/08 at 4:37 pm

So sad...apparently you people are denied all the great things American culture has to offer...first the ability to view ABC shows online and now KFC mashed potatoes....oh yeah  and apparently Mountain Dew.  Although I think Canada at least gets the latter.
I would mind mashed potato for the obvious reasons.

Written By: snozberries on 04/14/08 at 4:39 pm

I would mind mashed potato for the obvious reasons.

you don't like mashed potatoes?  sorry its the only obvious reason I can come up...

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/14/08 at 4:41 pm

you don't like mashed potatoes?  sorry its the only obvious reason I can come up...

I love mashed potato, it is the option for eating less fried items at KFC.

Written By: whistledog on 04/14/08 at 10:23 pm

We do get Mountain Dew

Mashed Potatoes are now available at KFC Canada locations, but only as part of the KF Chicken Bowls (Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Chicken, Cheese all mixed into a bowl)

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/15/08 at 3:54 am

Perhaps it is available under the counter, written in small print on the menu, but I have never asked for it.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/15/08 at 4:02 am

Unfortunately they got rid of the Corn on the Cob when they came out with those disgusting bowl things with "layers".  I'm one of those fussy people that wants all my food seperate.  ;D 

Written By: Davester on 04/15/08 at 4:32 am

I dropped KFC for Popeye's years ago...

But KFC's extra crispy used to be good eatin'.  Fried chicken with french fries, though?  No way... 8-P

Written By: snozberries on 04/15/08 at 5:20 am

Unfortunately they got rid of the Corn on the Cob when they came out with those disgusting bowl things with "layers".  I'm one of those fussy people that wants all my food seperate.  ;D 

do you eat all of one thing before moving on to the next item too?  I'm like that. I eat my veggies, then my starch and then my meat...or my fries and then my burger.

;D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/15/08 at 7:11 am

do you eat all of one thing before moving on to the next item too?  I'm like that. I eat my veggies, then my starch and then my meat...or my fries and then my burger.

;D

Yep.  That's exactly how I eat.  It's so cool to know I'm not as odd as I thought I was.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 04/15/08 at 8:39 am

Yep.  That's exactly how I eat.  It's so cool to know I'm not as odd as I thought I was.  ;D

yay...were like freaky weird sisters or something... you're like my soul sister. Out there singing fame songs, watching degrassi, eating like a freak I love it!!! O0 karma to you in about 7 hours.

Written By: midnite on 04/22/08 at 11:47 pm

Don't forget, they changed their name from Kentucky Fried Chicken to KFC because they are not actually serving chicken!!!!  LOL.

Written By: snozberries on 04/23/08 at 9:12 pm

Don't forget, they changed their name from Kentucky Fried Chicken to KFC because they are not actually serving chicken!!!!  LOL.

lol... I'd karma you again but....

and hey at least it tastes like chicken!  ;D

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/10/08 at 10:08 am

We get potato and gravy, which is always good to dip your chips in (here in Oz we have chips instead of fries, which are like thick fries) - the menu at KFC is improving, but there are no super healthy items - like non-fried chicken, which of course would go against the name Kentucky FRIED Chicken.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/06/15 at 4:24 pm

I now know the secret formula for KFC.

Written By: Howard on 05/07/15 at 2:18 pm

I now know the secret formula for KFC.

11 herbs and spices?

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/07/15 at 2:28 pm

11 herbs and spices?
But which 11 herbs and spices?

Written By: Don Carlos on 05/08/15 at 9:30 am

KFC

Kentucky Fried Cardboard

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/08/15 at 10:58 am

We used to joke that was the only thing my mother knew how to cook because every time we went to visit her, that is what she served. Then a diner opened near her and that is where we always went. I have been to much better restaurants but it sure beat KFC.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 05/08/15 at 11:15 am

I like KFC but I prefer Popeye's

There's a place in Stockton CA called Manny's.... it made the best fried chicken I've ever eaten

Written By: Howard on 05/08/15 at 2:43 pm

Once in a while My Parents would bring home KFC and we'd have the crispy fried chicken, the buttery biscuits, the fries and one side dish.

Check for new replies or respond here...