inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: MOUNTAIN DEW

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/03/08 at 1:22 pm

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh127/PattyIsCoo/MOUUNTTAAAINNDEWW.jpg

Subject: Re: MOUNTAIN DEW

Written By: Jessica on 04/03/08 at 1:24 pm

I hate Mountain Spew.

*runs for the hills*

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/03/08 at 1:27 pm

I hate Mountain Spew.

*runs for the hills*

You could have waited for the survey.

Written By: Jessica on 04/03/08 at 1:29 pm

You could have waited for the survey.

I voted. :D

BLEH!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/03/08 at 1:30 pm

I voted. :D

BLEH!

See, I was all inclusive. :)

Written By: Tia on 04/03/08 at 1:34 pm

there should be an "i used to love it as a kid" option. when was mountain dew invented? i feel like i was around when it came out, but maybe i'd just not noticed it before.

Written By: Midas on 04/03/08 at 1:41 pm

Yeah, ya DEW!  :D

Written By: Jessica on 04/03/08 at 2:31 pm

there should be an "i used to love it as a kid" option. when was mountain dew invented? i feel like i was around when it came out, but maybe i'd just not noticed it before.

Yeah, I remember drinking it when I was a kid, then I just started hating it.

Written By: nally on 04/03/08 at 2:32 pm

I used to like it, but I haven't drank it much lately.

Written By: KKay on 04/03/08 at 2:41 pm

I don't do yellow. ew.

Written By: karen on 04/03/08 at 2:45 pm

It was first marketed in 1948 although only a small part of Tennessee.  It was sold across the US in 1964.

I've never drank it.  It isn't available in the UK and the colour puts me off drinking it.  I don't drink Fanta in the US for the same reason.

Written By: Step-chan on 04/03/08 at 4:39 pm

I like Code Red and Livewire. I rarely drink regular Mountain Dew, don't like it that much.

Written By: ninny on 04/03/08 at 5:34 pm

I drink Code Red like water

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/03/08 at 5:36 pm

I drink Code Red like water

For some reason Code Red has more of a kick than the regular.  The only reason I can think of is the dye Red#1.

Written By: ladybug316 on 04/03/08 at 6:06 pm

Holy horrors, I hate this stuff!

Written By: Bobby on 04/03/08 at 6:39 pm

We used to have it when I was younger but, for some reason, we don't get 'Mountain Dew' in the UK anymore.

I used to love it.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/03/08 at 7:04 pm

if you pour it from a can into a glass, it looks like piss, but I still like it. I'm a diet coke drinker mainly, but we always have as few cans of M-Dew available and once in a while I will pop open a can and drink it for a change of pace

Written By: ninny on 04/03/08 at 8:23 pm

For some reason Code Red has more of a kick than the regular.  The only reason I can think of is the dye Red#1.

Do you remember when they outlawed red M&M's because of the dye.

Written By: snozberries on 04/03/08 at 10:25 pm

if you pour it from a can into a glass, it looks like piss, but I still like it. I'm a diet coke drinker mainly, but we always have as few cans of M-Dew available and once in a while I will pop open a can and drink it for a change of pace

Man Mike...if your piss is the color of Mountain Dew then you really need to see a urologist!  ;D

personally I once poured a warm Red Bull into a cup and that totally reminded me of piss so I don't drink Red Bull...

I bleed dew of course....sorry I didn't see this before now I totally would've been the first one to post if I had been online.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 04/03/08 at 10:27 pm

Can I answer 'none of the above are right'?

I like Mountain Dew, but I can't drink it any more because of the high caffeine.  Caffeine has proven bad for me, health wise.  So I can't drink it any more  :-\\

Now if they ever made a caffeine free diet version...   ;)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 04/03/08 at 10:31 pm

I prefer Mello Yello, lol

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/03/08 at 11:46 pm

Man Mike...if your piss is the color of Mountain Dew then you really need to see a urologist!  ;D

personally I once poured a warm Red Bull into a cup and that totally reminded me of piss so I don't drink Red Bull...

I bleed dew of course....sorry I didn't see this before now I totally would've been the first one to post if I had been online.

You're forgiven, have some dew. :)

Written By: gibbo on 04/04/08 at 12:33 am

Hmmmmm .....how can I say this?  From memory...and correct me if I'm wrong...Mountain Dew tastes like CRAP....!!!! 8-P 8-P 8-P 8-P

....and ALL who like it are.............extremely lovely people..... ;)

Written By: Gis on 04/04/08 at 2:57 am

What is it exactly? A lemonade like sprite or 7up?

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 04/04/08 at 3:15 am

bleah, are you kidding me?

Written By: robby76 on 04/04/08 at 4:40 am

I used to drink it as a teenager - it had a much nicer taste than Coke / Pepsi / 7Up.

For me Mountain Dew is on a higher soda level along with ice-cream soda, grape soda and root beer.

Now however I don't drink any fizzy drinks - they're simply not good for your health.

Written By: ninny on 04/04/08 at 8:50 am

I prefer Mello Yello, lol

I use to drink that all the time

Written By: gibbo on 04/04/08 at 8:55 am

I use to drink that all the time

I wonder if Mello Yello is like our Creaming Soda? or is it more a pasiona type drink?

Written By: ninny on 04/04/08 at 9:01 am

I wonder if Mello Yello is like our Creaming Soda? or is it more a pasiona type drink?

I just read in Wikipedia that they just put Mello Yello back on the shelves in New Zealand after 15 years

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o316/Ty1986/Mello.jpg

It's like Mountain Dew with more caffeine

Written By: Tia on 04/04/08 at 9:06 am

did someone say MOUNTAIN DEW?!?!?!  ??? 8) :( :P :-http://www.freefoto.com/images/1302/01/1302_01_18---Mountain-Views-from-Kleine-Scheidegg--Berner-Oberland--Switzerland_web.jpg

http://www.davidadamsonline.com/images/pg_dew_dance.jpg

DO YOU DO THE DEW?

http://www.dewknight.com/images/dew2full.jpg

or WEAR THE DO?!?  ;D :D ;D ;D :D :)

i personally think it TASTES LIKE DOO!!!!!!!!

http://www.ecosherpa.com/images/doodoo.jpg

which is why where mountain do is concerned my opinion is......

http://z.about.com/d/womenshistory/1/7/2/J/nancy_reagan.jpg

JUST SAY NO!!!!

Written By: Midas on 04/04/08 at 9:58 am

I don't know when it came out but I wasn't aware of it until our family moved to Phoenix in 1977.

And BLEH to your post above this one!  8-P :D

Written By: Tia on 04/04/08 at 10:00 am

And BLEH to your post above this one!  8-P :D
yeah, i've done things i'm not proud of. let's call it a youthful indiscretion. :-[

Written By: Jessica on 04/04/08 at 10:17 am

Red Bull is only good with Jagermeister.

Written By: Midas on 04/04/08 at 11:34 am

Red Bull is only good with Jagermeister.

EW  8-P  'tis good with Vodka tho'.  :D

Written By: gemini on 04/04/08 at 6:26 pm

Eww, I said "bleah are you kidding me"?  My dentist has a picture in his office of someones teeth who drank mountain dew for years. Ewwwwwwww, he said it has the worst effect on teeth than other sodas.

Written By: mandamoo on 04/05/08 at 5:02 am

I'm a Coke drinker.

Written By: snozberries on 04/05/08 at 10:27 am

What is it exactly? A lemonade like sprite or 7up?

Gis,

Mountain Dew is nothing like sprite or 7up. It's sweeter. 
Its smoother than a carbonate soda so there are few bubbles in it.
Its also much sweeter.  I liken its flavor more to Koolaid than soda b/c it tastes like liquid candy!

Q

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 04/05/08 at 12:50 pm

I try not to drink sodas that much but when I do, Mountain Dew (or Diet Dew) is something I opt for.  I like the orange dew better.

HATE Sprite and 7up though.  I only drink 7up when I'm sick and have to drink it flat.

Written By: snozberries on 04/06/08 at 12:46 pm

I'm not a fan of the faux dews... Code Red, Live Wire....or that grape one... personally Code Red tasted like a lot of the cherry flavored cold medicine I take so it just made me gag...

I'm a purist...give me original dew any day... all day long.

Written By: midnite on 04/07/08 at 12:04 am

I was informed that Yellow #5 shrinks your "goods."

Therefore i tried to avoid Mountain Dew, and steroids as well.

Written By: snozberries on 04/07/08 at 11:32 pm

I was informed that Yellow #5 shrinks your "goods."

Therefore i tried to avoid Mountain Dew, and steroids as well.

oddly enough... you'd think given this knowledge most men would totally avoid steroids.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/08/08 at 10:02 am

I'm not a fan of the faux dews... Code Red, Live Wire....or that grape one... personally Code Red tasted like a lot of the cherry flavored cold medicine I take so it just made me gag...

I'm a purist...give me original dew any day... all day long.

I had a friend that used to work in a restaurant, one of his jobs was to fill the soda dispensers.  He had access to Mountain Dew syrup.  He said the tips sucked but he learned how to alter the carbonated water syrup combination for the ultimate Dew experience. ;D

Written By: Step-chan on 04/08/08 at 6:26 pm

I had a friend that used to work in a restaurant, one of his jobs was to fill the soda dispensers.  He had access to Mountain Dew syrup.  He said the tips sucked but he learned how to alter the carbonated water syrup combination for the ultimate Dew experience. ;D

He must have had big sugar rushes on that job. :D ;)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/08/08 at 7:54 pm

He must have had big sugar rushes on that job. :D ;)

Yeah, he's also a stimulant junkie.

Written By: Step-chan on 04/08/08 at 8:56 pm

Yeah, he's also a stimulant junkie.

I wonder how concentrated he made it?

Written By: snozberries on 04/08/08 at 9:40 pm

What an awesome idea... if I ever win the lotto I'm buying my own drink machine and mixing my own dew  ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/09/08 at 1:11 am

What an awesome idea... if I ever win the lotto I'm buying my own drink machine and mixing my own dew  ;D
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0S020ysXfxHOLcAq3OjzbkF/SIG=12qnpqjef/EXP=1207807788/**http%3A//www.toothpastefordinner.com/102505/mountain-dew-code-yellow.gif

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0S020ntXfxHJjAAmDOjzbkF/SIG=124vv8tvt/EXP=1207807853/**http%3A//tomcrampton.com/blog/media/DSC02047_c.JPG

Written By: snozberries on 04/09/08 at 1:17 am

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0S020ysXfxHOLcAq3OjzbkF/SIG=12qnpqjef/EXP=1207807788/**http%3A//www.toothpastefordinner.com/102505/mountain-dew-code-yellow.gif

javascript:void(0);
Roll Eyes

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0S020ntXfxHJjAAmDOjzbkF/SIG=124vv8tvt/EXP=1207807853/**http%3A//tomcrampton.com/blog/media/DSC02047_c.JPG

That picture of the fountain is truly awesome...and rare because Dew is a pepsi product  ;D    I would totally have this one tho because I hate pepsi ;D  but I would put orange Fanta where the sprite is and make the Barqs and Diet Coke more mountain Dew! 

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/09/08 at 1:23 am

That picture of the fountain is truly awesome...and rare because Dew is a pepsi product   ;D    I would totally have this one tho because I hate pepsi ;D   but I would put orange Fanta where the sprite is and make the Barqs and Diet Coke more mountain Dew! 

so the Mountain Dew should be on a Pepsi machine, and not a coke. this must be an old machine or they just set it up that way. Fanta Orange rocks!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/09/08 at 10:26 am

I wonder how concentrated he made it?

Knowing him, he probably made himself a soda while he was filling them.  That's the only way he could have done it.

Written By: Step-chan on 04/11/08 at 5:32 pm

Knowing him, he probably made himself a soda while he was filling them.  That's the only way he could have done it.

Probably 3 parts dew 1 part water then.  :D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/11/08 at 5:40 pm

Probably 3 parts dew 1 part water then.  :D

Yep, can you imagine how syrupy that is? 8-P

Written By: Step-chan on 04/12/08 at 6:03 pm

Yep, can you imagine how syrupy that is? 8-P

Well, I was just making an exaggerated guess. :D ;)

I don't know the normal carbonated water to dew concentrate ratio.  :D

Written By: Davester on 04/23/08 at 3:28 am

I love the stuff but can't drink it like I used to and never on an empty stomach.  MD will give me such a stomach ache I'll double over in pain.  No other soda has that effect on me.  If I drink it with food it's okay...

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/23/08 at 3:28 am

I love the stuff but can't drink it like I used to and never on an empty stomach.  MD will give me such a stomach ache I'll double over in pain.  No other soda has that effect on me.  If I drink it with food it's okay...
what the heck is in it that causes that reaction?  :o

Written By: Davester on 04/23/08 at 3:32 am

what the heck is in it that causes that reaction?   :o

Dude, I have no idea what it is about MD and that started around 10 years ago.  I thought it might have been the high caffiene content which I'm supposed to be staying away from anyway...

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/23/08 at 3:34 am

Dude, I have no idea what it is about MD and that started around 10 years ago.  I thought it might have been the high caffiene content which I'm supposed to be staying away from anyway...
I read up that the Mountain Dew caffeine content is less than diet coke, and that diet coke has more the Dew and more than classic coke, but I don't recall where those "facts" came from. we'll have to investigate this and see what's in it that kicks your butt on an empty stomach

Written By: Davester on 04/23/08 at 4:59 am

I read up that the Mountain Dew caffeine content is less than diet coke, and that diet coke has more the Dew and more than classic coke, but I don't recall where those "facts" came from. we'll have to investigate this and see what's in it that kicks your butt on an empty stomach

I see.  So it ain't the caffiene...

Written By: snozberries on 04/23/08 at 9:08 pm

I always thought that Dew was one of the highest caffinated drinks available ..... second only to Jolt I think. 

hmmmm

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/23/08 at 10:19 pm

I always thought that Dew was one of the highest caffinated drinks available ..... second only to Jolt I think. 

hmmmm

that's what everyone seems to think,. I just read about the caffeine levels about a month ago, because there was discussion on caffeine levels in chocolate and I stumbled across the Dew info.

Written By: gibbo on 04/24/08 at 3:01 am

I've been telling ya...MD is EVIL personified (well not actually personified ....but you get the drift)..... ;)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/24/08 at 10:17 am

Probably the mass amount of Yellow #5.  It's been known to be a problem with some people.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/25/08 at 12:42 am

Probably the mass amount of Yellow #5.  It's been known to be a problem with some people.
A-Ha!!!  nice work Kath, now we know what's killing Davester's empty stomach, or at least it's a hunch. it could be a combination of the coloring and the caffeine

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/27/08 at 9:11 am

A-Ha!!!  nice work Kath, now we know what's killing Davester's empty stomach, or at least it's a hunch. it could be a combination of the coloring and the caffeine

I'm allergic to the food dye Blue#1 and I know what that does to my stomach.  Allergies to food dyes are very common.  Caffeine probably doesn't help either.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/22/08 at 1:54 am

"It'll tickle yore innards!"

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/d/d2/180px-Oldmtdewbottle.jpg

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/22/08 at 2:17 am

has anyone tried the new black colored mystery bags of Dorito's  http://www.trendhunter.com/images/phpthumbnails/18593_1_468.jpeg

they sell them at the mini store at the company where I work and the clerk told me on Monday that the new mystery flavor of Dorito is "MOUNTAIN DEW"    :o

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/22/08 at 9:57 am

has anyone tried the new black colored mystery bags of Dorito's  http://www.trendhunter.com/images/phpthumbnails/18593_1_468.jpeg

they sell them at the mini store at the company where I work and the clerk told me on Monday that the new mystery flavor of Dorito is "MOUNTAIN DEW"    :o

*imitates Chris Crocker*  Leave Doritos alone.

Written By: karen on 05/22/08 at 1:05 pm

Red Bull has the most, followed by Jolt and then Mountain Dew

caffeine in sodas

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/23/08 at 11:28 pm

Red Bull has the most, followed by Jolt and then Mountain Dew

caffeine in sodas

There is a limit as to how much caffeine you're allowed to put into sodas.  Anything above that it's sold as an Energy Drink.  Red Bull and Jolt are usually considered as such.

Written By: Ppufi on 05/26/08 at 6:37 pm

My god. These stuff is awful!  I had to drink it to subdue a really bad headache, and I was literally bouncing off the walls.  And it looks like pee.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/27/08 at 3:53 pm

My god. These stuff is awful!  I had to drink it to subdue a really bad headache, and I was literally bouncing off the walls.  And it looks like pee.

Can't handle your caffeine, eh?

Written By: snozberries on 06/14/08 at 4:35 pm

Once again I feel compelled to say that if your pee is the color of Mountain Dew then you should probably get your radiation levels checked... No one's pee should be that vibrant.

Red Bull however does look like pee.  Pee that's been held for a really long time.  I once poured warm red bull into a cup (because I was splitting a can with a friend) and it looked like a urine sample....the fact that it was warm only hit that concept home for me... I haven't been able to drink red bull since.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/14/08 at 6:28 pm

Once again I feel compelled to say that if your pee is the color of Mountain Dew then you should probably get your radiation levels checked... No one's pee should be that vibrant.

Red Bull however does look like pee.  Pee that's been held for a really long time.  I once poured warm red bull into a cup (because I was splitting a can with a friend) and it looked like a urine sample....the fact that it was warm only hit that concept home for me... I haven't been able to drink red bull since.

You only bleed Mountain Dew, you don't pee it.  That would be a waste.

Red Bull is vile when it's warm, barely tolerable when it's chilled

Written By: snozberries on 06/14/08 at 6:33 pm

You only bleed Mountain Dew, you don't pee it.  That would be a waste.

Red Bull is vile when it's warm, barely tolerable when it's chilled

I like you... you make me laugh.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/16/08 at 1:19 pm

I like you... you make me laugh.

It may be my only redeeming quality.  I just bought some of the new "Super Nova" Mountain Dew.  It was only three bucks for a 12er.  Figured if I don't like it the neighborhood kids are getting a buzz. ;D

Written By: Step-chan on 06/16/08 at 5:50 pm

It may be my only redeeming quality.  I just bought some of the new "Super Nova" Mountain Dew.  It was only three bucks for a 12er.  Figured if I don't like it the neighborhood kids are getting a buzz. ;D

I've tried all those new flavors, like the Super Nova the best.

It definetly made me bounce all over the place. :D

Written By: Midas on 06/16/08 at 8:02 pm

I haven't seen nor tried this "Super Nova" one yet, but I like the "Baja Blast" that's at Taco Smell, the regular and there was a dark one...I guess the "Pitch Black" ?  That was pretty good too.

I'm drinking a regular one right now.  :D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/16/08 at 8:13 pm

I've tried all those new flavors, like the Super Nova the best.

It definetly made me bounce all over the place. :D

I just had a can like two hours ago.  I have to admit it's not half bad.  The reason why you bounced all over the place is that it also has ginseng in it.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/16/08 at 8:14 pm

I haven't seen nor tried this "Super Nova" one yet, but I like the "Baja Blast" that's at Taco Smell, the regular and there was a dark one...I guess the "Pitch Black" ?  That was pretty good too.

I'm drinking a regular one right now.  :D

Taco Hell has mondo caffeine.  I may just have to swallow my pride. (Because it's not REAL Mexican) and go. :)

Written By: Step-chan on 06/16/08 at 11:00 pm

I just had a can like two hours ago.  I have to admit it's not half bad.  The reason why you bounced all over the place is that it also has ginseng in it.

Yeah, didn't help the fact that I was at work at the time.

I usually have to be in one place over half the time, makes it worse.

The ginseng really isn't necessary.

Written By: Midas on 06/16/08 at 11:11 pm

Taco Hell has mondo caffeine.  I may just have to swallow my pride. (Because it's not REAL Mexican) and go. :)

Baco Tell ain't the greatest of eats but it's cheap and convenient and they serve Pepsi products so that's a bonus for me.

I still think they should use the phrase "Yeah ya DEW" in their advertisements.  I mean, I say that already and so do other people that know me.  We'd be ahead of the game.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/17/08 at 8:52 am

Yeah, didn't help the fact that I was at work at the time.

I usually have to be in one place over half the time, makes it worse.

The ginseng really isn't necessary.

I think it's geared more toward people who have built up there stimulant tolerance level.

Hope your hyperactivity wasn't too noticeable.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/17/08 at 8:56 am

Baco Tell ain't the greatest of eats but it's cheap and convenient and they serve Pepsi products so that's a bonus for me.

I still think they should use the phrase "Yeah ya DEW" in their advertisements.  I mean, I say that already and so do other people that know me.  We'd be ahead of the game.

Yeah, I suppose it's better than Micky D's.  They've sold their soul to Coca-Cola.

Obviously they know a good selling point when they have one.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/17/08 at 8:58 am

I drink way too much soda.

I've you're doing more than a two liter a day I would say you may want to cut down.  Anything below that is still OK.  How do you think people get through college final exams?

Written By: Step-chan on 06/17/08 at 3:31 pm

I think it's geared more toward people who have built up there stimulant tolerance level.

Hope your hyperactivity wasn't too noticeable.

I held it in as best as possible.

Although after drinking them a few days in a row, my tolerance was much better.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/17/08 at 5:32 pm

I held it in as best as possible.

Although after drinking them a few days in a row, my tolerance was much better.

That's the spirit!!!  Don't let it get the best of you. :)

Written By: Step-chan on 06/18/08 at 5:50 pm

That's the spirit!!!  Don't let it get the best of you. :)

It's still not as strong as some of the energy drinks I've taken in.

Written By: snozberries on 06/29/08 at 11:16 pm

I haven't seen Super Nova either I'll have to hunt for it.

I was on ebay the other day and several wackos are selling empty Dew cans....please tell me what is the point? I've got 24 here I could sell right now but who in their right mind is dumb enough to buy one?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/30/08 at 3:26 pm

I haven't seen Super Nova either I'll have to hunt for it.

I was on ebay the other day and several wackos are selling empty Dew cans....please tell me what is the point? I've got 24 here I could sell right now but who in their right mind is dumb enough to buy one?

It's pretty good.  I'd recommend it.

I have no clue as to why they're selling those.  It's no fun making a MD Christmas tree with someones else's refuge.

Written By: snozberries on 07/01/08 at 7:11 pm

It's no fun making a MD Christmas tree with someones else's refuge.

No kidding.....

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/25/08 at 1:20 am

http://bestsmileys.com/drinks/2.gif

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/25/08 at 8:34 am

http://bestsmileys.com/drinks/2.gif

I like that.

Written By: snozberries on 07/26/08 at 7:30 pm

me too...

well I put this on Kathie's myspace page...makes sense to post it here too... I am in awe

click the image to watch the video...
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u154/Electro10/th_makeyourownglowstickwithmountaindew.jpg

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/27/08 at 5:11 pm

Oh boy, the glowing Mountain Dew.  That is the coolest thing I've ever seen. :)

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 07/27/08 at 7:35 pm

I never drink it. I jokingly refer to it as caffeinated horse urine!  8-P

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/27/08 at 7:42 pm

I never drink it. I jokingly refer to it as caffeinated horse urine!  8-P

It's kind of like the Moonshine of sodas.  Some people can't imagine having the stomach to tolerate it.

Written By: Midas on 07/29/08 at 1:33 pm

I had five 12-ounce cans of it yesterday.  8)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/29/08 at 3:32 pm

I'm so proud of you. :)

Written By: snozberries on 07/29/08 at 11:06 pm

I'm proud of you too..so proud I'm not even going to smite you.  ;D

Written By: Midas on 07/30/08 at 9:16 am

I'm so proud of you. :)

I'm proud of you too..so proud I'm not even going to smite you.  ;D

Thank you! ;D  Karamels to yous also. ;)

Written By: whistledog on 07/30/08 at 9:50 am

Can't say as I've ever drank it, but this makes me laugh LOL ...

http://www.bigmansland.com/images/Shop/large/mountanddome.jpg

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/30/08 at 1:56 pm

Can't say as I've ever drank it, but this makes me laugh LOL ...

http://www.bigmansland.com/images/Shop/large/mountanddome.jpg

That's an old one.

Written By: nally on 07/30/08 at 1:59 pm

That's an old one.

'Tis a clever wordplay, though :D :D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/30/08 at 2:10 pm

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/lossefana/food/thMountainDew.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/WrongEraSara/.jpg

Oh, look what I found!!!

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c97/KahluaKoala/bbmd_sm.gif

I'm going to run like heck now . . .

Written By: Step-chan on 07/30/08 at 3:32 pm

So am I.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/30/08 at 4:37 pm

So am I.

Blame it on the Canuck.  I didn't start it.  However I think I ended it.

Written By: snozberries on 07/30/08 at 5:00 pm

Oh, look what I found!!!

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c97/KahluaKoala/bbmd_sm.gif

I'm going to run like heck now . . .

that was good... I hadn't seen that one before

I think I heard Dueling Banjos playing when you ran away

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/30/08 at 5:08 pm

that was good... I hadn't seen that one before

I think I heard Dueling Banjos playing when you ran away

So that's what that was !!!  It's been a while since I've heard music play during one of my escapes.

Written By: snozberries on 07/30/08 at 5:09 pm

So that's what that was !!!  It's been a while since I've heard music play during one of my escapes.

;D

Written By: gibbo on 07/31/08 at 7:19 am

I always hear keystone cops music playing........

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/31/08 at 5:38 pm

I always hear keystone cops music playing........

That is cool piano playing on that. :)

Written By: whistledog on 07/31/08 at 9:02 pm

LOL @ how I made this thread go off course :D

Written By: gibbo on 07/31/08 at 9:07 pm

LOL @ how I made this thread go off course :D

That's twice now........ ;D

Written By: whistledog on 07/31/08 at 9:08 pm

That's twice now........ ;D

I make threads go off course more times than a transport with blown tires ;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/01/08 at 8:34 am

I make threads go off course more times than a transport with blown tires ;D

Keep it up and I might lock the thread, or I could just ignore your lack of continuity.

Written By: Midas on 08/01/08 at 8:56 am

Steering it back on course...

I only had four 12-ounce cans yesterday. :P

Written By: snozberries on 08/01/08 at 12:53 pm

^ I broke my diet and had 3

Written By: snozberries on 08/01/08 at 12:53 pm

they tasted sooooo  goooooodddddd!!!!

Written By: Midas on 08/03/08 at 10:02 am

they tasted sooooo  goooooodddddd!!!!

Yeah they do :D  I'm trying to slow down a bit as I'll only have to go get another case at Costco soon.

Only 2 yesterday.  Today is still young.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/03/08 at 10:03 am

Steering it back on course...

I only had four 12-ounce cans yesterday. :P

Try harder.  Try a 2 liter while bumming around on the computer.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/03/08 at 10:04 am

^ I broke my diet and had 3

I thought MD was excluded from any form of diet.

Written By: snozberries on 08/03/08 at 11:01 am

I thought MD was excluded from any form of diet.

I know but as I found myself rapidly approaching that number- you know the "I'll never be ###lbs" I had to make the ultimate sacrifice.  I didn't want to do but one way to drop fast is eliminating sugar. Damn the universe for making all the things that are supposedly  bad for you taste so good.

Right now I am living vicariously through Midas so Drink UP MAN!!!  ;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/03/08 at 1:30 pm

I know but as I found myself rapidly approaching that number- you know the "I'll never be ###lbs" I had to make the ultimate sacrifice.  I didn't want to do but one way to drop fast is eliminating sugar. Damn the universe for making all the things that are supposedly  bad for you taste so good.

Right now I am living vicariously through Midas so Drink UP MAN!!!  ;D

You have my deepest sympathy.  Diet Dew just doesn't cut it in such situations. :P

Written By: snozberries on 08/03/08 at 2:30 pm

You have my deepest sympathy.  Diet Dew just doesn't cut it in such situations. :P

you're not kidding... but on the other hand. since I am regulating my intake I do get the greatest enjoyment out of them when I allow myself to have one.  I was going to go down to one a day but I have a bit of a an addictive personality (As if that weren't obvious) and I have NO control over my will power so if I allow myself one a day it will eventually be two and then three and then I'm back where I started.

This way I just have the occasional Dew and don't establish a pattern of behavior 

Written By: Jessica on 08/03/08 at 3:09 pm

Rice Cube bought a big assed case of it from Costco.  Now I have to stare at that crap in my refrigerator for the next month. 8-P

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/03/08 at 8:04 pm

Rice Cube bought a big assed case of it from Costco.  Now I have to stare at that crap in my refrigerator for the next month. 8-P

Stop whining and let us take it off your hands. :)

Written By: Midas on 08/04/08 at 10:20 am

Ah, you were expecting me to visit; how nice. :D

Actually, you should see if he can drink 12 cans in one day.  Call it a scientific experiment...he'll buy into it.  ;)

Written By: Stompgal on 08/04/08 at 10:59 am

The only places to buy Mountain Dew in the UK are from the two Cybercandy shops in Brighton and Covent Garden and the Cybercandy website. I bought two cans of Diet Mountain Dew from the Covent Garden Cybercandy store and they tasted like spite and 7Up. The drink was also refreshing.

Written By: Jessica on 08/05/08 at 10:11 am

Ah, you were expecting me to visit; how nice. :D

Actually, you should see if he can drink 12 cans in one day.  Call it a scientific experiment...he'll buy into it.  ;)

He'd be bouncing off the walls! ;D

I was craving soda last night so I took a sip of one.  I think I went into sugar shock from that one sip. 8-P

Written By: Midas on 08/05/08 at 1:27 pm

He'd be bouncing off the walls! ;D

I was craving soda last night so I took a sip of one.  I think I went into sugar shock from that one sip. 8-P

Just a sip?  Chug dat Dew!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/05/08 at 3:38 pm

That's it Midas tell it like it is!!!! :) :)

Written By: Midas on 08/05/08 at 3:46 pm

That's it Midas tell it like it is!!!! :) :)

I'm on my third one today.  8)

Written By: snozberries on 08/06/08 at 12:17 am

definitely!  Dew was not made to be sipped!!! 

Written By: Step-chan on 08/06/08 at 4:04 pm

I'm drinking code red right now.

Written By: Wolveroses on 08/07/08 at 3:18 pm

blah i hate it.  i don't know whats worse, diet or dew?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/07/08 at 7:12 pm

I'm drinking code red right now.

Code Red is good stuff. :)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/07/08 at 7:15 pm

So you're comparing everything diet to Mountain Dew.  Surely that is a misguided comparison my friend.

Written By: snozberries on 08/09/08 at 3:03 pm

Diet is definitely worse....dew doesn't leave the nasty aftertaste

Written By: snozberries on 08/09/08 at 3:04 pm

Code Red is good stuff. :)

sorry Kathie I can't stomach the flavored dews.  So far I've tried live wire, that grape crap and code red and have enjoyed none. I remember you said there was new one (was it void?) I can't find it here.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/09/08 at 6:26 pm

Diet is definitely worse....dew doesn't leave the nasty aftertaste

Diet Dew has a weird taste period.  Besides caffeine and sugar is what most people drink Dew for anyway.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/09/08 at 6:28 pm

sorry Kathie I can't stomach the flavored dews.  So far I've tried live wire, that grape crap and code red and have enjoyed none. I remember you said there was new one (was it void?) I can't find it here.

A matter of personal taste I suppose.  Speaking of Live Wire, I got so sick when I drank a 20 oz of that crap.  Never drank it again.

Written By: Midas on 08/13/08 at 11:06 pm

I had four regular 12-ounce cans today.  Yeah I DEW.

Written By: snozberries on 08/14/08 at 3:56 am

Just had a dew but I still have the headache... darn guess I gotta grab another  ::) ;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/14/08 at 12:57 pm

I had four regular 12-ounce cans today.  Yeah I DEW.

Impressive. :)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/14/08 at 12:58 pm

Just had a dew but I still have the headache... darn guess I gotta grab another  ::) ;D

I'm sure the pain of that decision is excruciating. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 08/14/08 at 1:59 pm

I'm sure the pain of that decision is excruciating. ;D

Amazing how motivating a gun to the head can be  ::) 

;D
;D

Written By: Andria on 10/31/08 at 12:06 am

I love Mountain Dew! I have been known to go through three cases (usually Livewire) over a long weekend, and my nickname, "Absurd Andria" is often heard when I start rambling on about some undesirable subject, such as cannibalism, lust murders, serial killers, devil worship or various MTV "Jackass" stunts such as the Vomelet or "How to Milk a Horse", among many other things. I have drank Dew since I was 6 years old, and I need vast quantities of caffeine and nicotine to keep me going, despite the official public smoking ban in the city in which I live. 

Written By: Midas on 10/31/08 at 9:46 am

^ Rock on.  As soon as I finish off my morning 32 oz. Cherry Coke fountain drink (they didn't have Pepsi products) I may start on a Dew or two.

Written By: karen on 10/31/08 at 10:05 am

My son likes Mountain Dew.  Dai was letting him drink it instead of Pepsi/Coke "because they have caffiene in them"  ::)

Written By: Midas on 10/31/08 at 10:12 am

My son likes Mountain Dew.  Dai was letting him drink it instead of Pepsi/Coke "because they have caffiene in them"   ::)

;D

Written By: snozberries on 10/31/08 at 8:38 pm

My son likes Mountain Dew.  Dai was letting him drink it instead of Pepsi/Coke "because they have caffiene in them"   ::)

Dew is like Koolaid on acid! Shh don't tell him!  ;D

Written By: karen on 10/31/08 at 9:49 pm

Dew is like Koolaid on acid! Shh don't tell him!  ;D

Hey - you're not the one trying to get him to go to bed at night!  >:(

Written By: 2kidsami on 10/31/08 at 10:07 pm

I am feeling very sorry for you right now :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[  I think my two have just crashed and burned off of the sugar load... I am glad they did not have caffene too :-\\

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 10/31/08 at 10:17 pm

Dew is good stuff, unless you pour it into a clear glass, and then it looks a bit like Prestone antifreeze

Written By: karen on 10/31/08 at 10:22 pm

I am feeling very sorry for you right now :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[  I think my two have just crashed and burned off of the sugar load... I am glad they did not have caffene too :-\\

Not tonight thankfully.  Actually he's pretty good about going to bed to be fair.  It was a while ago when we made the rule about no caffienated drinks with evening meals because James had been awake till after ten once or twice.  Then Dai let him drink Mountain Dew when we were out somewhere and we got the same result (unsurprisingly)

Written By: snozberries on 10/31/08 at 11:54 pm

;D

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/01/08 at 9:25 am

Not tonight thankfully.  Actually he's pretty good about going to bed to be fair.  It was a while ago when we made the rule about no caffienated drinks with evening meals because James had been awake till after ten once or twice.  Then Dai let him drink Mountain Dew when we were out somewhere and we got the same result (unsurprisingly)
Dai did not know that Mountain Dew was caffienated??? Oh No - they thought it was like 7up :D :D :D :D  Poor you!!!  Glad you were able to get James into bed last night!!!  I awoke this morning with the girls all over my bed,  they must have crawled in sometime during the night and I did not even realize it... Too much sugar and ghost stories ;)Oh well, it is one night

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/03/08 at 11:18 pm

My Mom used to give me a glass of Dew before going to bed.  It calmed me down.  Personally I think it works better than stuff like Ritalin. :)

Written By: snozberries on 11/04/08 at 4:22 pm

My Mom used to give me a glass of Dew before going to bed.  It calmed me down.  Personally I think it works better than stuff like Ritalin. :)

It is true... I have seen caffine calm many an ADD person down.  I work with one officer who is totally ADHD... and when we're on graves together I totally make sure he gets lots of coffee cuz otherwise he drives me nuts!  ;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/04/08 at 4:40 pm

It is true... I have seen caffine calm many an ADD person down.  I work with one officer who is totally ADHD... and when we're on graves together I totally make sure he gets lots of coffee cuz otherwise he drives me nuts!  ;D

Yes, make sure he chugs the Dew. :)

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/04/08 at 9:27 pm

man I got to try that in my classroom :D :D :D

Written By: snozberries on 11/04/08 at 9:30 pm

man I got to try that in my classroom :D :D :D

not a bad idea... trick them into thinking they're earning it as a reward and it will be you who will be rewarded!!!  ;D

Written By: greenjello74 on 11/07/08 at 7:40 pm

Some root beers have caffeine in them too like Barqs.

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/07/08 at 7:46 pm

Some root beers have caffeine in them too like Barqs.
BARQ'S HAS CAFFIENE ??? ??? ???  oh no, my girls are drinking that right now - and caffiene DOES NOT calm them down  :-\\ :-\\ :-\\Excuse me for awhile

Check for new replies or respond here...