inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Soy Milk

Written By: midnite on 04/19/08 at 5:27 pm

I recently changed from drinking regular COW milk to SOY milk and I LOVE IT!  What are you thoughts on soy milk? 

Subject: Re: Soy Milk

Written By: coqueta83 on 04/19/08 at 8:27 pm

When I first tried soy milk about 10 years ago, I initially didn't like it. After trying some different brands, I find soy milk today to be not bad. Sometimes I keep a carton of Silk in my refrigerator.  :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/19/08 at 11:16 pm

It's not too bad.

Written By: whistledog on 04/19/08 at 11:27 pm

I see the word SOY and I run away.  I only have White Milk in my cereal.  The only milk I drink is Chocolate, and where I get it, costs 50% less than at a grocery store.  The SOY stuff is more money

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/20/08 at 12:07 am

What are you thoughts on soy milk? 

Soybeans don't have breasts.  So while it can be a tasty and versatile ingredient, I think it oughta be called soy juice, and not soy milk. 

Written By: Step-chan on 04/21/08 at 3:05 pm

I've had Chocolate Soy Milk before... It wasn't bad... although I don't think I would switch from regular to soy(although I would get it again when I'm in the mood).

Edit: Typo.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 04/21/08 at 6:29 pm

I see the word SOY and I run away.  I only have White Milk in my cereal.  The only milk I drink is Chocolate, and where I get it, costs 50% less than at a grocery store.  The SOY stuff is more money

Same here!

Soybeans don't have breasts.  So while it can be a tasty and versatile ingredient, I think it oughta be called soy juice, and not soy milk. 

Hello, I'm glad you said this!

Written By: NbC on 04/21/08 at 10:35 pm

Personally, I have never given soy milk a try because it is too expensive.  I am curious though.

I would never purchase soy milk on a regular basis even if I did like it because of the high cost.  Pretty much anything here that is vegetarian or healthy is just so overly priced.  >:(

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/21/08 at 10:50 pm

Hello, I'm glad you said this!

Well, you never know what Monsanto's got cooking in their labs...  Lactating soybeans might just be the tip of the iceberg lettuce.  It'd sure make salad would more interesting. 

Written By: Jessica on 04/22/08 at 9:24 am

Personally, I have never given soy milk a try because it is too expensive.  I am curious though.

I would never purchase soy milk on a regular basis even if I did like it because of the high cost.  Pretty much anything here that is vegetarian or healthy is just so overly priced.   >:(

Same here. I love how everyone harps at you to eat healthy, but when you try, it costs you an arm and a leg! :P

Written By: midnite on 04/22/08 at 11:46 pm

True. Healthy food is typically more expensive than, say, McDonalds.  LOL. 

Soy milk is an acquired taste.  Think about the first time you tried beer.  It tasted nasty.  Well, it still does for some of us    8)

Written By: Step-chan on 04/23/08 at 4:26 pm

Same here. I love how everyone harps at you to eat healthy, but when you try, it costs you an arm and a leg! :P

You can thank the food industry for that, they want the junk food to sell more. :D

Written By: midnite on 04/23/08 at 11:25 pm

I went to the real Mexico (not Cancun or Cozumel) last November.  There was so much fresh food, fruits and vegetables everywhere.  It was really refreshing.  On any corner or store, you could buy CHEAP fruits and vegetables.  I wish fresh food was cheap and widely available in the US (or at least northeast).

However, I believe the reason there is so much cheap fresh food in Mexico is that the poverty level is so high and jobs are so few, that people have to sell food on the streets to survive.

Written By: robby76 on 04/24/08 at 5:58 am

Think about the first time you tried beer.  It tasted nasty.  Well, it still does for some of us    8)

I hear ya! Beer will always be nasty tasting for me. Where's the sugar is what I wanna know?  ;D

As for soy milk, I do drink it neat but it has to be sweetened. I can drink soy latte's too - but then again it also needs sugar.

However tofu / beancurd is a regular part of my diet.

Written By: midnite on 04/24/08 at 10:57 pm

I am not really into tofu.  However, I went to a vegetarian restaurant in NYC a couple weeks ago.  It was phenomenal.  The creativity that they put into the meal and presentation was sensational.

I had Seitan (which I had never heard of before) and loved it.  And the lettuce wraps were out of this world.

Written By: Jessica on 04/24/08 at 11:21 pm

I am not really into tofu.  However, I went to a vegetarian restaurant in NYC a couple weeks ago.  It was phenomenal.  The creativity that they put into the meal and presentation was sensational.

I had Seitan (which I had never heard of before) and loved it.  And the lettuce wraps were out of this world.

I buy seitan by the can in Chinatown. It is delicious with Chinese sausage and bok choy.

Written By: robby76 on 04/25/08 at 1:55 am

Well the tofu I eat isn't the rubbery jello like stuff, it's made to have the consistency of meat, which makes it all the more palatable. The Chinese restaurants do wonders with the stuff.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 04/25/08 at 1:58 am

Won't touch the stuff. :P

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/26/08 at 9:29 am

I like soy milk on cereal cos of the extra sweetness

Written By: Marian on 04/27/08 at 4:13 pm

I would never purchase soy milk on a regular basis even if I did like it because of the high cost.  Pretty much anything here that is vegetarian or healthy is just so overly priced.   >:(
Ilike it.I buy it when it's on sale.

Check for new replies or respond here...