inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Cheeseburger in Paradise

Written By: cinnabon on 04/26/08 at 7:34 pm

Has anyone at this board ever eaten at one of Jimmy Buffett's eateries and if so what do you think of the food?  There's one right where I live; I've yet to go there but their menu looks very tempting - I especially would love to go if Mr Buffett was there and try to meet him in person!  8)

Here's the restaurant chain's main website - according to the map of locations it looks like most of them are in the Midwest, South and East Coast parts of the country:

www.cheeseburgerinparadise.com

Subject: Re: Cheeseburger in Paradise

Written By: Red Ant on 04/26/08 at 7:51 pm

I went to the one in NN, VA a few years ago. I recall the food being just "okay", but we had to track down the waiter to get our check, even though the place wasn't that busy. I'd be willing to try it again to make sure that first experience was just a fluke.

Ant

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 04/26/08 at 7:51 pm

There's one not to far from where I live.  I've only eaten there once and I  honestly don't even remember what I ordered.  The food was ok though.

Written By: coqueta83 on 04/26/08 at 11:18 pm

I haven't seen any Cheeseburger in Paradise restaurants out here, but there is a Margaritaville here in town. I haven't tried it yet, though.

Written By: Step-chan on 04/27/08 at 3:43 pm

There's one here in Indianapolis, but I've never been to it.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/13/08 at 12:57 pm

I went to the one in NN, VA a few years ago. I recall the food being just "okay", but we had to track down the waiter to get our check, even though the place wasn't that busy. I'd be willing to try it again to make sure that first experience was just a fluke.

Ant

You know it's funny, but there's a Cheeseburger In Paradise over on the Kansas side of the Kansas City metro area, and I tried it once and I had almost the exact same experience.

It wasn't very busy, and the bartender seemed more concerned with flirting with the ladies than serving me. And the food was nothing that I would go out of my way to try again either, so I haven't been back.  :P

Written By: ADH13 on 05/17/08 at 10:22 am

I went to the Margaritaville in Las Vegas, the service was kind of slow but I didn't mind because there was an 80's cover band performing.  The food was pretty good.

Check for new replies or respond here...