inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What food tastes of yours have changed over time?

Written By: Marty McFly on 04/29/08 at 9:26 am

I loved the heck out of soda as a kid, especially Diet Coke lol. I probably had enough from age 5-11 to last a lifetime. I'm not sure why, but I kinda simultaneously got burned out on it and started liking bottled and mineral water around 1994. Even today it's usually my favorite and I only have soda on occasion, like if it's with pizza.

I also thought coffee was gross when I was younger, but started getting a taste for it around 15-16. I guess I was old enough then for servers at restaurants to ask me if I wanted it, lol.

I've also gotten more into health food over the years and became a vegetarian in 2001.

Subject: Re: What food tastes of yours have changed over time?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/29/08 at 9:28 am

I used to HATE iced tea when I was younger....now I really like it.  Also..I used to eat meat and now I don't. Oh..and I used to hate zucchini..but I love it now.

Written By: wsmith4 on 04/29/08 at 12:36 pm

Used to hate coffee...within the last 8 months or so,I started drinking it and now i LOVE it.

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 04/29/08 at 4:38 pm

Oh wow, I used to hate just about everything as a kid....what I get for having parents who are afraid to try new things.
But some things I like now that I used to hate/barely tolerate as a kid: broccoli, tuna, zucchini, squash, stew, spinach, chinese food in general, fish

I do however still not like any type of shrimp, lobster or crap (ok maybe I can tolerate a small crab rangoon every once in a while).  Also, I remember I used to LOOOOOOOOOOVE chocolate when I was a kid.  I used to save all the chocolate in my easter basket to make it last.  Now, I only eat it in small segments.  I also don't like rich chocolatey cakes or brownies so much anymore.  Fruity desserts or cheesecake is what I prefer now

Written By: Step-chan on 04/29/08 at 5:06 pm

Over 90% of my tastes food wise are still intact. The only differences I can think of is that I actually like broccoli now and love spicy hot foods(which developed during my late teens)... I wouldn't have dared even ate a pepper as a kid. There are probably a couple of other things that are different in my tastes now, but I can't remember them.

I know I still hate the following:

Sandwich spread, tuna salad, ham salad, pasta salad, egg salad, chicken salad, deviled eggs and onions.

Written By: coqueta83 on 04/29/08 at 8:27 pm

I definitely did not like artichokes and butternut squash when I was little, but now I really enjoy it.

Written By: midnite on 04/29/08 at 10:44 pm

I really do not each much red meat anymore.  Mostly chicken, except the occasional burger or steak on a special occasion.

I do not eat candy any more and I hate soda, which I used to love as a kid.

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 04/30/08 at 3:42 pm

Sandwich spread, tuna salad, ham salad, pasta salad, egg salad, chicken salad,

So basically you don't like anything mayonnaise-based? 

Written By: Step-chan on 04/30/08 at 5:20 pm

So basically you don't like anything mayonnaise-based? 

As well any stuff that's mustard based(which is what is in deviled eggs along with mayo). I forgot about potato salad, something else I won't eat.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/07/08 at 7:52 pm

I was probably a mother's dream as a child. I loved to eat veggies. Still do.

I used to hate liver and onions when I was little.  8-P My dad used to make it all the time. But now I like it.

That's about it, I usually like most things that I eat.  ;D

Written By: midnite on 05/07/08 at 11:06 pm

I used to hate liver and onions when I was little.   8-P My dad used to make it all the time. But now I like it.

Whoa!  You like liver?  LOL.

Written By: Marty McFly on 05/07/08 at 11:09 pm

I was probably a mother's dream as a child. I loved to eat veggies. Still do.

I used to hate liver and onions when I was little.   8-P My dad used to make it all the time. But now I like it.

That's about it, I usually like most things that I eat.  ;D

LOL me too, I was always something of a geek (in a good way) in that in some ways I strayed from what would've been considered typical for my age at the time. To this day I love veggies, and on another note I loved sushi as far back as like 4 or 5.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/08/08 at 5:57 pm

Yeah, I like liver. LOL. But I could never eat sushi. I liek fish, but it has to be fried or baked or cooked in some way.  :)

Written By: Step-chan on 05/08/08 at 6:28 pm

Yeah, I like liver. LOL. But I could never eat sushi. I liek fish, but it has to be fried or baked or cooked in some way.  :)

I like sushi myself, but have only had it once(need to be able to afford it).

Written By: Tanya1976 on 05/08/08 at 11:37 pm

I used to love coffee - back before Starbucks took over. Now I can't stand the smell.

I used to love pork and now I don't care for it.

Written By: ADH13 on 05/12/08 at 7:54 pm

I never liked pickles as a kid.  Now I like them, but I only like them as a stand alone snack, I still don't care for them in a sandwich or burger.

I used to like that vienna sausage canned stuff when I was a kid, I can't imagine why and wouldn't eat it now.

I ate alot more meat in general when I was a kid.  I'm not a vegetarian but my meat-eating is pretty much limited to finger foods, cold cuts, meatballs, sausage, etc.  I won't eat a steak (unless it's a filet mignon) or anything with gooey fat or bones.

Written By: Lindee on 05/13/08 at 10:55 am

I used to hate green peppers as kid. Now I love them

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/13/08 at 1:55 pm

Hated spinach as a kid, now I like it.

Used to like fish sticks as a kid, now you couldn't pay me to eat them.

Written By: Bobby on 05/13/08 at 4:58 pm

I'm starting to go off bananas.

Written By: midnite on 05/14/08 at 10:24 pm

I'm starting to go off bananas.

That is good, since you must have been going bananas before.  Serenity now!

Written By: Red Ant on 05/15/08 at 7:51 pm

I used to like that vienna sausage canned stuff when I was a kid, I can't imagine why and wouldn't eat it now.

Me too. I used to like Lil Smokies and Steak-Ums when I was a kid: I cannot stand those now (or brussel sprouts).

Ant

Written By: Bobby on 05/15/08 at 8:03 pm

That is good, since you must have been going bananas before.   Serenity now!

Heh heh, probably the potassium in them or something. Now researchers have found eating two bananas a day can ease high blood pressure:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/264552.stm

The stress of eating those things could raise my blood pressure.  ;D

Written By: Ppufi on 05/20/08 at 5:40 pm

I was THE pickiest eater when I was a kid.  At holidays I'd only eat the snacks, rolls, and desserts.  Around 4th grade however, I started eating meat, fruit, nuts, and veggies.  I also started trying different foods.  My mom was happy that I was trying things, even if I didn't like everything.

I used to really love breakfast food.  Then I spent a long stint in the hospital.  Breakfast food from hospitals is the grossest stuff you will ever eat.  I haven't looked at bacon the same way ever since.

Written By: danootaandme on 05/20/08 at 5:45 pm

I used to like mushrooms, now I can't stand the sight of them.  I have pretty much gotten off of red meat, too.  But still go for chicken and fish.

Written By: Brigitte on 05/20/08 at 7:39 pm

I used to hate cream of mushroom soup 'cuz it looked like someone barfed in a bowl!

Written By: swinggal on 07/27/08 at 8:15 am

There wasn't too much that I didn't like as a kid. A mums dream :) One thing I didn't like was pumpkin. Hated it and mum never made me eat it. But as an adult I love it. I think the only other food i can't stand is sultanas. Liked them as a kid - can't stand them now. It's the texture...like eating snot.....bleahhhh!!!

Written By: star80 on 11/03/08 at 1:01 pm

I used to hate eggs and cantaloupe when I was a kid.  Now I like the both of them.

The elementary school I went to used to have fresh hot rice and wheat everyday and you could get a bowl, but you had to eat everything on your lunch plate first.  I used to stuff my cantaloupe in my milk carton just so I could get some. ha ha :D

Written By: Midas on 11/03/08 at 1:20 pm

I used to not eat salad (didn't like lettuce, tomatoes or dressing) and now eat it all the time.  Favourite dressings include honey mustard and Italian.  I wouldn't eat bacon much neither and now I have to get it all the time on cheeseburgers :D  I also didn't like sushi the first time I tried it, but I totally got into it about 8 years ago.

Check for new replies or respond here...