inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Has anyone every ate at Red Robin

Written By: ninny on 05/17/08 at 5:16 pm

I was just wondering if anyone has ate there. There is one @40 minutes from our house,but my husband is reluctant to drive there for just a hamburg. Does anyone have an opinion of the place.

Subject: Re: Has anyone every ate at Red Robin

Written By: coqueta83 on 05/17/08 at 7:20 pm

I had a cheeseburger and fries at a Red Robin sometime last year.....it was actually very good! I like the seasoning that you can sprinkle over your fries.  :)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 05/17/08 at 8:13 pm

I have never eaten there, the is one (like you) about 40 minutes away from us (on the way to Cincinnati).  Everybody that I've ever heard talk about it though says it's very good.

I guess if you like spicy food (I understand that at least one burger has spicy seasoning on it...I don't know if they all do...)

Maybe do a search for the restaurant on yahoo local, or see if there is a restaurant review page somewhere online.  That's what I do when I wanna try something new.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/17/08 at 10:22 pm

We ate there a few years ago. IMO, it was overpriced for burgers.

Written By: karen on 05/18/08 at 7:07 pm

There's one near us (say about 20 minutes by car).  I wouldn't drive there specially but we've eaten there a couple of times when we're in the area (it's near a biggish mall).  The children like it.  I can't recall specifically what I've eaten but it was good.

Written By: Lindee on 05/22/08 at 11:36 am

I ate there twice. Food was okay, nothing special. I believe the fries are all you can eat. I agree with the poster that said overpriced for  burgers.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 05/24/08 at 10:54 am

Considering that the burgers aren't standard size, cooked to order, and offers gourmet toppings, the pricing is fair. It's not a take-out stand. It's a restaurant. I like it.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 05/24/08 at 2:39 pm

Have you looked at their webpage to see what kind of burgers they offer?

http://www.redrobin.com/

Written By: Davester on 06/02/08 at 12:07 am

We used to go to red Robin (gf, her crazy cousin and myself) when we were in college.  Delicious burgers (with guacamole on the side) and salads.  I think that's all I ever ate there....

Haven't been there in nearly ten years...

Written By: Davester on 06/02/08 at 12:10 am

We ate there a few years ago. IMO, it was overpriced for burgers.

Aren't most Red Robins situated in or adjacent to malls?  Anything in a mall is going to be overpriced...

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/02/08 at 9:04 pm

Aren't most Red Robins situated in or adjacent to malls?  Anything in a mall is going to be overpriced...

ours is located in the new Super Walmart shopping center. ::) :D

Written By: Southern Image on 06/08/08 at 11:21 pm

I always get their BLTA's and a freckled lemonade. I ate there last week..mmmmmmmmmmm :)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 05/17/10 at 11:08 pm

We have one right by our house and eat there all the time.  They have several really good chicken sandwiches and soup and salads.  There are even a couple of pasta dishes.  Their burgers are great too.  I like it.

Written By: Midas on 05/17/10 at 11:18 pm

Red Robin!  YUM!  :D

Getcha some parmesan garlic fries if ya go ;)  Good burgers!

Written By: Frank on 05/19/10 at 10:17 am

I have eaten there before, it's pretty good.

Written By: 2kidsami on 09/29/10 at 5:50 pm

Just finally ate at one.  Remember I am not a burger fan, but ever since this summer I have found the perfect burger combination that I like (tried it a few times now) and so I gave Red Robin a try and it wasn't bad.  I did not like the fact that they made the burger to order (I know about burger and it ain't safe to eat anything but done) but that is beside the point.  I had my burger blue cheese and bacon, onion and tomato.  It was good, and the steak fries are all you can eat (funny because I could not eat all of the ones they brought me).  Not bad, for a decent burger!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/01/10 at 9:53 pm

I still haven't.  I don't think they have those in the Northeast and I don't get out of town as much as I used to!
;D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/01/10 at 11:00 pm

I've driven past one a dozen times now and we've not stopped in yet.  :-\\

Written By: karen on 10/06/10 at 3:51 pm

I still haven't.  I don't think they have those in the Northeast and I don't get out of town as much as I used to!
;D

Sure they do.  There's a few in your state. but none in New Hampshire or Vermont!

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/06/10 at 6:16 pm

Finally went to one yesterday and I thought about this thread.  ;D

They aren't too bad, not sure they are really *incredible* but they aren't bad.  Because I'm generally a cheapskate, I got the Mt. Olympus burger they've been advertising (because they are on special for $6.99 - free fries).  In theory I should have liked this burger... I like everything that comes on it (Hamburger, Feta Cheese, Spinach-artichoke dip, some kinda of garlic mayonaise, oregano, arugala, red onions) but ugh... some things aren't meant to be piled together on chibata bread... I think I ate some of them yesterday.  Not that that stopped me from eating the whole thing...  :-\\ ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/07/10 at 8:43 pm

Sure they do.  There's a few in your state. but none in New Hampshire or Vermont!

Well, then I guess I'll have to pay them a visit!
:D

Written By: Step-chan on 10/09/10 at 10:29 pm

I've never heard of the place before, I'm not even sure they have in Indianapolis.

Written By: lorac61469 on 10/12/10 at 7:01 am

I've seen the commercials for them but I have never eaten at one. 

Check for new replies or respond here...