inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Braunschweiger/Liverwurst

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/02/08 at 1:51 am

I was thinking about stuff my mom used to have when we were kids.  Usually I pretty much ate everything she offered (either out of guilt for the starving children in Africa or just to make her proud that I was a member of the clean plate club (yeah, I know  ::) ), and honestly I even tried this, but I am decidedly NOT a fan of Braunschweiger.

Are you?

For those that may not be familiar with it:
Braunschweiger (named after Braunschweig, Germany) is a type of liverwurst (pork liver sausage), which is nearly always smoked.

Braunschweiger is very rich, and has a very high amount of Vitamin A, iron and protein. For casual use in most households, it is better to buy a small amount, since braunschweiger spoils quickly.

The meat has a very soft, spread-like texture and a distinctive liver-based flavor.

http://static.flickr.com/200/503857608_a45d64556c.jpg

Subject: Re: Braunschweiger/Liverwurst

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/02/08 at 4:12 am

I don't eat the stuff and never have, but Lady Di used to eat both Braunschweiger and liverwurst sandwiches, but it's been awhile since I saw any in the fridge

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/02/08 at 10:49 am

The clean plate club?!  That's adorable!  ;D 

I used to like this as a kid (we only ever ate it occasionally).  I don't think I would ever eat it now.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/02/08 at 5:18 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Braunschweiger is like kryptonite to me.  8-P 8-P 8-P 8-P 8-P

That, and Engelbert Humperdinck.  ;D

Written By: La Roche on 06/02/08 at 5:27 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Braunschweiger is like kryptonite to me.  8-P 8-P 8-P 8-P 8-P

That, and Engelbert Humperdinck.  ;D

FOOL!

Best meal ever - Braunschweiger Vindaloo!

Written By: Step-chan on 06/02/08 at 7:09 pm

I have ate some before. I don't hate it, but it's not at the top of my list.

Written By: coqueta83 on 06/02/08 at 7:36 pm

My dad loved this stuff. I tried it a couple of times, and it wasn't too terrible, but it's something you won't find in my fridge.

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/02/08 at 8:10 pm

You might be onto something.  I was never big on liverwurst, but as a flavoring agent, it might work in a spicy dish like that. 

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/02/08 at 11:01 pm

FOOL!

Holy horrors  8-P

Written By: La Roche on 06/02/08 at 11:05 pm

You might be onto something.  I was never big on liverwurst, but as a flavoring agent, it might work in a spicy dish like that. 

It does. You throw in some brats and then dump the Liverwurst in, in small chunks, it soaks up the flavor, kinda of like the spice bomb chunks of pineapple I use in Mongolian BBQ (they soak up the spices and give an exhilarating bomb like flavor explosion).

Holy horrors  8-P

Glorious Greatness!

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/02/08 at 11:07 pm

It does. You throw in some brats and then dump the Liverwurst in, in small chunks, it soaks up the flavor, kinda of like the spice bomb chunks of pineapple I use in Mongolian BBQ (they soak up the spices and give an exhilarating bomb like flavor explosion).

Glorious Greatness!

I'll stay out of your way (and your bathroom) while you eat that concoction.  ;D

Written By: La Roche on 06/03/08 at 12:55 am

I'll stay out of your way (and your bathroom) while you eat that concoction.  ;D

Trust me, it's class.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/03/08 at 2:15 am

FOOL!

NOOOOOOOOOOO!

From what I remember, braunschweiger probably tastes as bad going out of you as it does going in.  :P :P :P :P :P

Written By: La Roche on 06/03/08 at 10:13 am

NOOOOOOOOOOO!

From what I remember, braunschweiger probably tastes as bad going out of you as it does going in.  :P :P :P :P :P

I'll give you one thing - It feels the same.

Check for new replies or respond here...