inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anyone tried Melting Pot?

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/02/08 at 9:23 pm

Apparently it's like...a whole restaurant devoted to fondue.  As I'm addicted to cheese, it sounds pretty good.

They are building one about 3 miles away from me.  I'm sure it'll be jam-packed for awhile, but we may go check it out after the fascination-because-it's-new dies down.

Anyone know what's good there?

Subject: Re: Anyone tried Melting Pot?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/02/08 at 9:31 pm

I've always wanted to try that place..I think there is one in Pittsburgh. My sister wanted to go...maybe we will go soon. :)

Here's the website...OMG, it looks SO good!

http://www.meltingpot.com/default.aspx

Written By: midnite on 06/02/08 at 10:57 pm

I was in Houston last year and ate at the Melting Pot.  It was great!  It took about 3 hours to get through the whole dinner, but was alot of fun.  The seating are had high-backed booths so it was intimate.  And the food was outstanding.

The dark chocolate covered fruit is to die for!

Highly recommended.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/02/08 at 11:03 pm

I've always wanted to try that place..I think there is one in Pittsburgh. My sister wanted to go...maybe we will go soon. :)

Here's the website...OMG, it looks SO good!

http://www.meltingpot.com/default.aspx

Apparently if you join their little club, you get a coupon for a free desert fondue (or something).  I'm gonna wait until they have my local one open before I join though.

Written By: Southern Image on 06/08/08 at 11:20 pm

I want to try it too. A few of my friends say it is good.

Written By: Midas on 06/09/08 at 10:25 pm

I've been a few times in my life, most recently May 23rd.  Everytime I've gone I've done at least three of the courses (cheese, main entree, dessert). Last time we did the "Big Night Out" (includes salad).

They have a variety of cheese blends to choose from now.  I've only done the cheddar and the spinach artichoke cheese dip.  Both are very good. They give you pieces of bread, vegetables (usually carrots and broccoli and cauliflower), tortilla chips and granny smith apple slices to dip in the cheese fondue.  I personally think dipping the granny smith apple slices innit is best.  :) 

For the main entree I usually go with a bouillon-based broth versus the canola oil.  We decided on their Fondue Fusion which included lobster tail, shrimp, chicken, beef and pork.  You cook your food at the table which is kinda cool.  They have a nice variety of dipping sauces also.  Their Green Goddess rocks  8)

This past outing we went for the Flaming Turtle chocolate dessert.  They give you strawberries, marshmallows, cheesecake and brownie bits to dip in the chocolate.  I wish they served smaller marshmallows.  I just cut them up. :P

It's not a cheap outing and the dining experience can last 2-3 hours but well worth the money for a nice dinner out. :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/09/08 at 10:31 pm

I've been a few times in my life, most recently May 23rd.  Everytime I've gone I've done at least three of the courses (cheese, main entree, dessert). Last time we did the "Big Night Out" (includes salad).

They have a variety of cheese blends to choose from now.  I've only done the cheddar and the spinach artichoke cheese dip.  Both are very good. They give you pieces of bread, vegetables (usually carrots and broccoli and cauliflower), tortilla chips and granny smith apple slices to dip in the cheese fondue.  I personally think dipping the granny smith apple slices innit is best.  :) 

For the main entree I usually go with a bouillon-based broth versus the canola oil.  We decided on their Fondue Fusion which included lobster tail, shrimp, chicken, beef and pork.  You cook your food at the table which is kinda cool.  They have a nice variety of dipping sauces also.  Their Green Goddess rocks  8)

This past outing we went for the Flaming Turtle chocolate dessert.  They give you strawberries, marshmallows, cheesecake and brownie bits to dip in the chocolate.  I wish they served smaller marshmallows.  I just cut them up. :P

It's not a cheap outing and the dining experience can last 2-3 hours but well worth the money for a nice dinner out. :)

that sounds spectacular! :)

Written By: whistledog on 06/09/08 at 10:35 pm

I've never tried melting pot, but then again, I've always said NO! to Drugs :D

Seriously though, the next time I visit the States, I am going to give these restaurants a try

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/09/08 at 10:37 pm

I've never tried melting pot, but then again, I've always said NO! to Drugs :D

Seriously though, the next time I visit the States, I am going to give these restaurants a try

you should come to the states..and we can all go to the melting pot! ;D

Written By: Barefoot_Blues on 06/28/08 at 12:39 pm

I wanna go.

Written By: whistledog on 06/28/08 at 10:43 pm

^ Hey, long time no see.  Welcome back :)

you should come to the states..and we can all go to the melting pot! ;D

Will Mel Tinpot be there? :D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/29/08 at 12:43 am

^ Hey, long time no see.  Welcome back :)

Will Mel Tinpot be there? :D

he just might!

Written By: nally on 06/30/08 at 4:57 pm

I wanna go.

Me too...my parents went to a location in Northern California a couple years ago and told me the food there was really great. There's a location fairly close to where we live, and they wanna take me there at some point. They told me I'd enjoy it. :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/30/08 at 5:44 pm

Me too...my parents went to a location in Northern California a couple years ago and told me the food there was really great. There's a location fairly close to where we live, and they wanna take me there at some point. They told me I'd enjoy it. :)

too bad we don't all live close...we could all go to the Melting Pot. :)

Written By: nally on 06/30/08 at 11:24 pm

too bad we don't all live close...we could all go to the Melting Pot. :)

That's right!! ;)

Is there one in your area, by any chance? Just curious, that's all.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/01/08 at 12:10 am

That's right!! ;)

Is there one in your area, by any chance? Just curious, that's all.

yes, we have one in Pittsburgh. :)

Written By: nally on 07/02/08 at 11:41 am

yes, we have one in Pittsburgh. :)

Cool. O0

Check for new replies or respond here...