inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Mayo vs Miracle Whip

Written By: ninny on 06/21/08 at 11:30 am

Age old question Mayo vs Miracle Whip.....I love Hellman's mayo......When I was a teenager it was Miracle whip,but my taste has changed.

Subject: Re: Mayo vs Miracle Whip

Written By: Brigitte on 06/21/08 at 11:39 am

A B.L.T. with real Mayo is simply the best!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 06/21/08 at 5:28 pm

Mayonaise - I think Miracle Whip makes things taste wierd.

Written By: coqueta83 on 06/21/08 at 7:39 pm

Good ol' Mayo....when I was a kid I thought Miracle Whip tasted like rotten mayonnaise.  :-[

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/21/08 at 9:24 pm

Only Mayo (a only a tad).  Miracle Whip is actually labeled "dressing" and not mayo at all.  Call it whatever you wish, I think it's nasty.

Written By: ninny on 06/21/08 at 10:14 pm

Yes Miracle Whip has some sort of odd flavor.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/21/08 at 10:24 pm

Guess I'll go against the crowd (wouldn't be the first time).  I'd rather Miracle Whip then Mayo and that is what is in my fridge.  But I won't cry if plain mayo is on my burger.  ;D

Written By: Tanya1976 on 06/23/08 at 1:36 pm

Neither. I'm not a fan of Mayo!

Written By: nally on 06/23/08 at 3:37 pm

Neither. I'm not a fan of Mayo!

Me neither! :P I can't stand it.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/23/08 at 5:40 pm

Best Foods mayo rocks!  good flavor.  I don't like that sweetened Miracle Whip taste except at one of the burger joints I go to, i think they sneak it in on the burgers, it almost tastes like a blend of mayo and miracle whip and it's pretty good.

Written By: whistledog on 06/23/08 at 6:07 pm

I am the only one to choose Miracle Whip? :o

I've been eating it for so long, I haven't quite adjusted to the taste of Helmann's or other like brands.  On sandwiches and hot dogs/hamburgers, I also get the Kraft Horseradish Sauce.  YUMMY!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/23/08 at 8:40 pm

Mayo.  Miracle Whip is OK for a few things.

I have to agree with Whistle Pup that Kraft horseradish stuff is good.  Just don't use too much of it.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/23/08 at 10:37 pm

I grew up eating Miracle Whip...but when I moved out and was on my own..it has been Mayo...all the way! :D

Written By: apollonia1986 on 06/24/08 at 8:20 pm

I am a Hellman's Rela Mayo kid all the way. I don't know why, but sometime around 1999 I had an affinity for Miracle Whip, but it waned and I went back to Hellman's. Been eating it ever since. Bought a jar of it today.  ;D

(I love using it to make homemade tatar sauce.  ;) )

Written By: Barefoot_Blues on 06/28/08 at 12:38 pm

mayo

Written By: ninny on 06/29/08 at 3:59 pm

Best Foods mayo rocks!  good flavor.  I don't like that sweetened Miracle Whip taste except at one of the burger joints I go to, i think they sneak it in on the burgers, it almost tastes like a blend of mayo and miracle whip and it's pretty good.

It's funny that Best and Hellmans is the same.."Bring out the Hellman's and bring out the best"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Best_Foods

Written By: apollonia1986 on 06/29/08 at 6:02 pm

I've never heard of Best Foods mayo. I got soured on Miracle Whip when my mother made tuna salad with it. Good grief. That was a nightmare on white bread.  8-P

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/29/08 at 8:16 pm

I've never heard of Best Foods mayo. I got soured on Miracle Whip when my mother made tuna salad with it. Good grief. That was a nightmare on white bread.  8-P

Best Foods is what they call Helmann's mayo on the West Coast.  It's the same thing though.

Written By: flygirl on 06/29/08 at 11:01 pm

It's got to be Hellman's real mayo.

Written By: Indy Gent on 07/13/08 at 1:55 pm

Actually, I like both, but they both have sugar in them, so I'll probably use more mustard.

Check for new replies or respond here...