inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Your Thoughts On O'Charley's

Written By: Indy Gent on 06/29/08 at 2:16 pm

I guess it's okay for one of those middle of the road dining facilities. But the problem I have is that their steaks are not the best in the world. The steak I had at the O'Charley's at Fort Knox was putrid. (of course it was a black and white steak with bleu cheese. I really didn't care about it.) i ordered a medium well steak and got a medium instead. That's the same problem I have with Applebee's. Our office went over there a couple of Christmases ago. They didn't get a single steak order right. Judging from the feedback I got about O'Charley's I'd say they have that same trouble.

Subject: Re: Your Thoughts On O'Charley's

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/29/08 at 2:37 pm

Yeah, we've only eaten there once, it's around the corner from us.

While it was ok, there wasn't anything special about it, and it wasn't cheap, so we've just not gone back.  It must be ok though, there are always cars in the parking lot.

Written By: Red Ant on 06/29/08 at 3:14 pm

I've eaten there twice (out of state). I never got the steak, but the food and service was decent.

Ruby Tuesday's is another matter. I've been to six of them in four different states (VA, NC, SC, and FL) and the service has been anywhere from sub par to extremely bad. The food isn't particularly good either. Last trip was in Florida - the service was decent until our waitress basically forgot about us and we had to track her down thirty minutes later to get our checks. She ran them up all wrong on two of our cards, resulting in almost 15 minutes more waiting. The place was practically empty at the time.

Sometime you get bad food or service upon your first visit to a place - I had that happen at Longhorn. I've been to other Longhorns since, and my experiences were much better.

Ant

Written By: Midas on 06/30/08 at 10:10 pm

It's been years since I've eaten at an O'Charley's (in NC).  I wasn't terribly impressed with them except for their rolls or bread - that was pretty good.

Check for new replies or respond here...