inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favourite Fresh Fruit?

Written By: Gis on 07/01/08 at 4:09 pm

Not sure if there was already a topic for this, I did a quick hunt but couldn't see one...................anyways I just had a bowl of fresh pineapple with vanilla ice cream YUM!!

Does anyone else like fresh fruit? What are your favs? 

Subject: Re: Favourite Fresh Fruit?

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/01/08 at 4:11 pm

Not sure if there was already a topic for this, I did a quick hunt but couldn't see one...................anyways I just had a bowl of fresh pineapple with vanilla ice cream YUM!!

Does anyone else like fresh fruit? What are your favs? 

Fresh pineapple is delicious...and it grows right up the road from me!  ;)

My favorite fresh fruit would have to be Bing cherries...I just love 'em!  :D

Written By: Jessica on 07/01/08 at 4:23 pm

Definitely pineapple.  After eating so much fresh pineapple, I can't go back to that canned crap.  I also love fresh mangoes and loquats.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/01/08 at 4:40 pm

Definitely pineapple.  After eating so much fresh pineapple, I can't go back to that canned crap.  I also love fresh mangoes and loquats.

Mangoes are in season here right now...I see them hanging all over the trees!  :D

Written By: danootaandme on 07/01/08 at 6:20 pm

Concord grapes

Mulberries

Empire Apples

Written By: Step-chan on 07/01/08 at 7:28 pm

Royal Gala & Fuji Apples

Pears(most types)

Seedless Grapes

Blackberries

Written By: ladybug316 on 07/01/08 at 7:43 pm

I love watermelon.

Written By: coqueta83 on 07/01/08 at 8:47 pm

I think fresh fruit is the best!  ;)

Peaches
Plums
Apricots
Pineapple
Watermelon
Cantaloupe
Apples
Any citrus fruit

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/01/08 at 10:15 pm

Watermelon
Peaches
Strawberries

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/01/08 at 10:18 pm

pineapple
cantelope
cherries
strawberries
grapes

Written By: robby76 on 07/02/08 at 2:49 am

All time faves are Red Seedless Grapes! South African Globe always seem to be the crunchiest.

http://fruitcorp.com/img/f-redgrapes.jpg

After that it's a toss up between bananas, watermelon and pineapple.

Written By: ninny on 07/02/08 at 6:16 am

Peaches
Strawberries
Watermelon
Cherries
and lots and lots of
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l160/sumfreakig/Cantaloupes.jpg

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/02/08 at 1:57 pm

...and lots and lots of
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l160/sumfreakig/Cantaloupes.jpg

Mmmmm...I ate lots of this stuff when I was pregnant with my daughter!  :D

Written By: ninny on 07/02/08 at 2:27 pm

Mmmmm...I ate lots of this stuff when I was pregnant with my daughter!  :D

Does your daughter like it?Just wondering because when I was pregnant for my son I ate tons of Popsicles and he's always loved them,I didn't eat that many with my daughter and she doesn't really care for them
I could eat melon anytime,my grandmother use to make melon balls and freeze them.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/02/08 at 2:32 pm

Does your daughter like it?Just wondering because when I was pregnant for my son I ate tons of Popsicles and he's always loved them,I didn't eat that many with my daughter and she doesn't really care for them
I could eat melon anytime,my grandmother use to make melon balls and freeze them.

Yes, she loves it just as much as I do!  :D

Written By: Gis on 07/02/08 at 2:40 pm

My Mum ate strawberries by the bucketful when she was pregnant with me apparently and I love them, infact I just ate a huge bowlful now.  ;D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/03/08 at 4:54 am

I'll second that.

I've been on a cherry kick these past two months.  Get them every time we go to the store.  I love love love snacking on them.  For some reason, it seems to make my arthritis feel better.  ???

Written By: NbC on 07/03/08 at 5:32 am

Bing Cherries!!!  Yum!!!

I love just about all fresh fruits (minus the citrus variety) but they are so costly over here I don't buy them that often. 
Plain old bananas cost $1.29 lb.  >:(

My favorites:

Just about any melon is great
Globe Grapes
Mangoes (philippine mangoes are the best)
Peaches

Written By: robby76 on 07/03/08 at 6:48 am

I've been on a cherry kick these past two months.  Get them every time we go to the store.  I love love love snacking on them.  For some reason, it seems to make my arthritis feel better.  ???

Cherry juice is actually a miracle cure for gout which is along the same lines as arthritis.

As for me, cherries are the only thing I love anyway but fresh... haha. Give me some processed glace or maraschinos any day.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/03/08 at 1:43 pm

I love just about all fresh fruits (minus the citrus variety) but they are so costly over here I don't buy them that often. 
Plain old bananas cost $1.29 lb.   >:(

I know how you feel!  They're $1.19/lb. here...yet we have plantations of them all around the islands!  It's just not fair!!  >:(

Written By: Paul on 07/03/08 at 2:16 pm

Cherries I can live without...a bit difficult, as I've got several trees-worth at the back of my garden!  :D

Apricots and strawbs are my favourites, along with peaches which are just 'on the turn' (meaning that they're so ripe, they're messy! Yum!)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/03/08 at 2:19 pm

Cherries I can live without...a bit difficult, as I've got several trees-worth at the back of my garden!  :D

Wish I could trade properties with you!  :D

Apricots and strawbs are my favourites, along with peaches which are just 'on the turn' (meaning that they're so ripe, they're messy! Yum!)

Mmm...I love all of those fruits as well!  :)

Written By: NbC on 07/06/08 at 5:00 am

I know how you feel!  They're $1.19/lb. here...yet we have plantations of them all around the islands!  It's just not fair!!  >:(

Isn't that just nuts!!!  The small local bananas go for about $2.50 lb.  Those are my favorite bananas. 

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/06/08 at 1:16 pm

Isn't that just nuts!!!  The small local bananas go for about $2.50 lb.  Those are my favorite bananas. 

Are you talking about Apple Bananas?  I know those are pricier than other bananas, but they're soooo good!

Written By: NbC on 07/07/08 at 6:01 am

Are you talking about Apple Bananas?  I know those are pricier than other bananas, but they're soooo good!

Is that what they are called?  They are yummy.  Strange that Shannon hates them. 

Written By: KKay on 07/07/08 at 8:13 am

just when you thought we'd covered all the food!!!

granny smith apples
red grapes
pineapple

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/07/08 at 1:46 pm

Is that what they are called?  They are yummy.  Strange that Shannon hates them. 

Apple Bananas are generally smaller than 'regular' bananas, plus they have a 'tang' to them (which is what I like!  :D)...

Also, they don't spoil as quickly as the regular bananas do...

Written By: ninny on 07/07/08 at 5:02 pm

I don't eat them that often,but  I also like Pears and oh yeah I almost forgot blackberries and red raspberries :P

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/07/08 at 6:30 pm

I like peaches and strawberries.  I also like blueberries.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/08/08 at 3:17 pm

right now is the time to get fresh California Peaches, Plums, and Nectarines and they are good! I had a delicious nectarine yesterday.

I got the info below off of the eatcaliforniafruit website   

Summer: June – September
Now the orchards are humming with activity, with irrigation, pest control and pruning all helping the fruit grow to maturity during this peak harvest time. When the proper color, size and maturity are reached, the fruit is carefully harvested by hand, piece by piece, and taken to the packing facility to be prepared for shipping. Each of California’s 600 varieties of peaches, plums and nectarines has its own specific harvest time, and will often undergo at least three pickings over the course of ten days to make sure the fruit is harvested at just the right time.

^ that's a plethora of fruit...  and the seedless watermelons from here are pretty good too.

Written By: Henk on 07/08/08 at 4:39 pm

I have to admit I don't eat as much (fresh) fruit as I should.

My favorite fruit would be apples (Elstar), although there's not much fruit I don't like. Not particularly fond of kiwi fruit, but that's about it.

Written By: NbC on 07/10/08 at 12:15 pm

Some tropical fruit I like:

Atis
Starfruit
Papaya
"philippine" mangoes

Written By: zacpot on 07/13/08 at 5:26 pm

cantalope
watermellon
any berry fruit
all stone fruits
bananas 

Written By: Ashkicksass on 07/16/08 at 11:31 pm

I like it all - I don't think I could pick a favorite.

Written By: nally on 07/16/08 at 11:34 pm

I like it all - I don't think I could pick a favorite.

Same here...I've loved fruit ever since I was little! :)

Written By: apollonia1986 on 07/25/08 at 2:12 pm

I know it's not original, but I love Red Deliscious Apples. Yum-o!

Written By: Bobby on 07/25/08 at 8:07 pm

I like most fruit. My favourites are red grapes but I love apples ('Pink Lady' seem to be my favourite type) and bananas too.

Written By: whistledog on 07/25/08 at 8:40 pm

Favourite Fresh Fruit?  George Michael :D

seriously though, I like Green Grapes and Oranges almost equally.  I eat them all the time :)

Written By: Bobby on 07/26/08 at 7:11 am

Favourite Fresh Fruit?  George Michael :D

Ha ha, George Michael is hardly what I call fresh, Jason - unless you mean toilet fresh.  ;)

Written By: swinggal on 07/27/08 at 8:17 am

Not a lot I don't like but I LOVE bananas. Can't go a day without out one and man, do they keep away colds!! I love Pink Lady apples too. They were developed here in Western Australia. Oh and coconut - could eat it until I explode! :D

Written By: Stompgal on 08/10/08 at 10:01 am

At the moment I like to keep a bowl of fresh fruit in my bedroom. I usually buy apples, bananas and pears.

Ohter types of fresh fruit I like include strawberries, raspberries, mango, watermelon, grapes, oranges and pineapple.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 08/10/08 at 12:04 pm

Had a bowl of freshly cut pineapple yesterday and it was delicious!  :D

Written By: Jessica on 08/10/08 at 12:34 pm

Had a bowl of freshly cut pineapple yesterday and it was delicious!  :D

I never buy cans of pineapple anymore.  Always the fresh stuff.  It is SO much better tasting than canned.

Our farmers market has had a run of plums lately, so I have three different kinds in the refrigerator at the moment.  I also bought some peaches from there, and man, they are perfect!

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 08/10/08 at 12:41 pm

I never buy cans of pineapple anymore.  Always the fresh stuff.  It is SO much better tasting than canned.

Oh, I cannot stand 'canned' pineapple!  It doesn't even taste like real pineapple!!  :P

Our farmers market has had a run of plums lately, so I have three different kinds in the refrigerator at the moment.  I also bought some peaches from there, and man, they are perfect!

Sounds yummy!  :D

I bought some fresh nectarines from Costco recently and they are sooooo good!  :)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 08/11/08 at 1:55 pm

My hubby's friend had a housewarming/delayed wedding reception last Saturday night and they had a fresh fruit bouquet set up on the buffet/dining table.  Goodness me, did I ever tuck into that cantaloupe.  I rarely get it here since hubby won't eat it.  But once in a while I'll decide to just get one just for myself (same with watermelon)

Written By: 2kidsami on 08/11/08 at 2:59 pm

I think I love most fruit (except bananas 8-P)

Favorites
fresh pineapple
peaches (especially the freestones)
red rasberries
mangoes
pomegranites (a lot of work but fun)
and I live in melon country (so watermelon, canteloupe, and muskmelons)  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/1blue1.gif

Written By: midnite on 08/17/08 at 7:43 pm

Mammy (not sure i spelled it right)
Mango
Papaya

Written By: greenjello74 on 09/14/08 at 9:26 am

Green Grapes
Watermelon
Navel Oranges

Check for new replies or respond here...