inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Thank God for left over food in the workplace...

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/02/08 at 8:55 am

Feeling real beat down and tired this morning, with a very long day ahead of me and there were left over muffins and and some blueberry cake thing in the break room.  I snagged a double chocolate muffin, still very fresh, totally makes the morning for me.

What's the best free food you've snagged in the workplace?

Subject: Re: Thank God for left over food in the workplace...

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/02/08 at 1:29 pm

there's nothing in my work breakroom that I would think of eating. 8-P

Written By: Step-chan on 07/02/08 at 1:33 pm

I love it when it happens on my longer workdays. ;D

Written By: La Roche on 07/02/08 at 3:24 pm

We get amazing food at a lot of the places we work. We tend to get most of the same food that performers do, so.. imagine the kind of food Van Halen, Bruce Springsteen etc eat and you'll have a good idea of the kind of leftovers we often get.  :)

Written By: Jessica on 07/02/08 at 4:01 pm

At my old job, the boss would get freshly made bagels and cream cheese from a local store.  That was like the only nice thing he did. :P

Written By: NbC on 07/02/08 at 7:31 pm

There is someone at my work that loves to bake.  She often brings homemade cakes and cookies.  Yesterday she made Bread Pudding, it was very good. 

Written By: Gis on 07/03/08 at 2:49 am

Every now and then someone here will have done some baking and bring something in for us to sample which is always a treat. Also for birthdays people will often bring cake in.....MMMmmmm cake.  :)

Written By: gibbo on 07/03/08 at 2:52 am

We get amazing food at a lot of the places we work. We tend to get most of the same food that performers do, so.. imagine the kind of food Van Halen, Bruce Springsteen etc eat and you'll have a good idea of the kind of leftovers we often get.  :)

What...cocaine, hash and LSD???  :o

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/03/08 at 4:52 am

hmmm...it would have to be for Christmas staff party.  We all would bring in something, (me usually something I bought because my baking/cooking skills really leave alot to be desired -- poor hubby)) Anyways, my co-worker is a really good baker, and one year she made lots of flavored breads (you know, stuff like Banana Bread, Carrot cake bread) the best best best kind (in my opinion) was a lime bread and also a different bread that had lemon in it... OMG... I'm half tempted to pay her to make me a bread all my own.  Now, she knows what she has to bring for Christmas party, her bread, there just is no choice in the matter for her.  (poor woman)  ;D

Written By: La Roche on 07/03/08 at 11:34 am

What...cocaine, hash and LSD???  :o

Shhhhhh, don't tell everyone!

Actually, so as to ensure no rumors start, all 4 members (well, 3 and Wolfgang) seemed totally in the real world.

Written By: zacpot on 07/13/08 at 5:37 pm

the only thing in our tea room is chocolate and more chocolate   ha and i'm sooo over it      8-P

Written By: whistledog on 07/23/08 at 10:02 pm

We had a pot luck a while back, and one of my co-workers who is originally from Turkey, brought in a dish from his homeland.  I don't reember what it was called, but it had beans and some kind of cheese in it.  It was very good

Check for new replies or respond here...