inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Are there vegetarian meals available at XXX XXX?

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/26/08 at 9:19 am

Checking out the website for a small theme park I'm taking Neal to in a couple weeks, I was looking for food service information.  This was under the vegetarian section

There are a number of items at available at Edaville that do not include meat. There are salads, grilled cheese sandwiches, tuna fish sandwiches, pizza and cheese sticks.

Doesn't tuna fish count as a meat?  Aside from salad, the rest are all dairy products, so good luck if you are vegan.  I guess unless you are strictly vegetarian dairy is ok.  Most of the people I know who are vegetarian are generally no-dairy as well.

Subject: Re: Are there vegetarian meals available at XXX XXX?

Written By: Jessica on 08/26/08 at 10:24 am

Checking out the website for a small theme park I'm taking Neal to in a couple weeks, I was looking for food service information.  This was under the vegetarian section

There are a number of items at available at Edaville that do not include meat. There are salads, grilled cheese sandwiches, tuna fish sandwiches, pizza and cheese sticks.

Doesn't tuna fish count as a meat?  Aside from salad, the rest are all dairy products, so good luck if you are vegan.  I guess unless you are strictly vegetarian dairy is ok.  Most of the people I know who are vegetarian are generally no-dairy as well.

I think there are some vegetarians that still eat fish or chicken, which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.  All the vegetarians I've known won't eat meat, but will eat eggs and dairy.

Subject: Re: Are there vegetarian meals available at XXX XXX?

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/02/08 at 4:22 pm

Yes, there are people who call themselves vegetarians, but still eat fish or some just chicken. There are so many varieties of vegetarians, that it's quite broad of a term. Sometimes they make canned foods that say vegetarian and then you look at the ingredients and it says "beef stock" - huh? ::)  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...