inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What is the name of the American cereal restaurant?

Written By: Stompgal on 08/26/08 at 12:15 pm

I am listening to Scott Mills on BBC Radio 1 at the moment and earlier on in the show, he was discussing themed restaurants with his team mates. A listener phoned him to say that when she went to America, she went to a restaurant that only sold cereal. I then heard an advert for it and an audio clip of people describing the restaurant. Examples of cereals sold at the restaurant include Fruit Loops and Fruity Pebbles. There are also some unusual toppings for cereal such as chopped nuts, fresh fruit and malt balls (probably similar to Maltesers). Does anyone know the name of the restaurant?

Subject: Re: What is the name of the American cereal restaurant?

Written By: Jessica on 08/26/08 at 12:36 pm

It's called "Cereality". :)

http://www.cereality.com/main.php

Written By: Davester on 08/26/08 at 1:17 pm

I've never heard of a cereal bar!  How - cool - is - that?!?

Written By: snozberries on 08/27/08 at 1:23 pm

that's just crazy! It's like Cold Stones but with Cereal....
there are two near my mother (and near Midas) I think I might have to try it out when I go back to AZ

From the web site

How it works

* Your Cereal. Your Way™
      This is the heart of the Cereality experience, where you can create your own cereal mix with two scoops of cereal, two toppings and milk, for one low price.
    * Your Cereal. Our Way™
      This section of the menu includes specialty mixes, both cold and hot, created by Cereality.
    * Your Cereal. A Whole New Way™
      Smoothies. Parfaits. This is how far cereal can go given the opportunity.

A menu with infinite choices. Literally.

This is a menu full of the familiar. But it's mixed up in a way that makes it truly original. Because at Cereality, there are a couple of twists:

* Toppings Bar
      The toppings bar has everything from malted milk balls to fruits and nuts.

* Specialty items
      Customers can choose from smoothies, custom-made parfaits and an assortment of coffee and tea.

Cereality, the Home Version

* My Cereal. My Way™
      Not just a cereal box. Your cereal box. With an area dedicated to your very own message or artwork, it's as customizable on the outside as it is on the inside.
    * Cereality Bucket
      Behold the takeout container of the future. It's Cereality's own milk-tight bucket of crunchy, customized joy.

Written By: Stompgal on 08/28/08 at 12:25 pm

There is also another cereal restaurant in Miami, Florida called The Ceral Bowl.

Check for new replies or respond here...