inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Junket

Written By: Shacks Train on 09/02/08 at 5:20 pm

Does anyone remember eating Junket?.As a kid I loved it but it disappeared around 76ish???
Was there something in it we shouldn't have been eating or did the company just go under??

Subject: Re: Junket

Written By: danootaandme on 09/02/08 at 5:24 pm

This is sooooo weird.  My brother was talking about Junket yesterday.  He went to "The Vermont Country Store" and saw some in there.

www.vermontcountrystore.com/Shop?

Written By: Jessica on 09/02/08 at 5:48 pm

This is sooooo weird.  My brother was talking about Junket yesterday.  He went to "The Vermont Country Store" and saw some in there.

www.vermontcountrystore.com/Shop?

OMG!  They have Zotz!  I haven't eaten those things in ages!

This store is cool.  Hello, Christmas shopping. :D

Written By: Lindee on 09/04/08 at 11:25 am

I've never had it but do remember seeing it in the grocery store. Is it jello or pudding?

Written By: Shacks Train on 09/04/08 at 2:21 pm

Junket was a rennet custard!
You made it by boiling water & added package like jello!
disappeared in Canada around 1976/77.......???

Written By: 2kidsami on 09/06/08 at 6:43 am

I can get junket here in Iowa at an Amish Grocery store that we have.  If you want it let me know.

Written By: Shacks Train on 09/12/08 at 12:43 am

I can get junket here in Iowa at an Amish Grocery store that we have.  If you want it let me know.

So its still being made!!!.Who makes it?
I used to eat the whole pagage as a kid.....I was disapointed when it was no longer available here!

Written By: danootaandme on 09/12/08 at 4:22 pm

I remember there was a commercial on tv and the slogan was "Junket Rennet Custard, the growing-up dessert"

Written By: 2kidsami on 09/12/08 at 4:41 pm

So its still being made!!!.Who makes it?
I used to eat the whole pagage as a kid.....I was disapointed when it was no longer available here!

The junket I can get is in the packages exactly as shown, I do not think they have changed much over the years.  I have never actually had the rennet custard, I make cheese in my classroom in foods class with rennet to curdle the milk and make cheese curds.

Written By: danootaandme on 09/12/08 at 5:05 pm

Here you go all you Junket Junkies  ;D

www.junketdesserts.com/alljunketproducts.aspx

Check for new replies or respond here...