inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Fast Food

Written By: Shacks Train on 09/12/08 at 1:11 am

These days I find I struggle with the thought of choosing a fast food joint as .....I'm sick to near death of most of these places....Predictable tastes......Most of them the fries SUCK....I left "Pizza" as a general as there are so many of them to choose from....CEPT...Dominoes (worst ever pizza ever made.bar None!)

KFC used to be a favorite of mine but the fries are bad & some places the chicken varies!
KFC stands for Kan't F%#king Cook!
In Canada we have Swiss Chalet & their chicken is great!

Trouble with most of the burger joints is all the "binders" they put into the pattie blends
Harveys the raw burger is orange.....??????
I think it comes from Halloween Cows!

Never had a "Jack in the Box" as their not here in Canada.so I don't know if their any good...
But a while ago I went through Ohio & they had a place called "Steak & Shake"
That one appealed to me.But we didn't get a chance to check it out as you can't just pull a rig off anywhere on the highway.

Subject: Re: Fast Food

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 09/12/08 at 1:22 am

Where's Taco Bell ???  that's one of my favorites. over the years they've added to the menu, gotten creative, but I stick with the basics. Crunchy Tacos, Combo Burritos, & Bean Burritos. that's pretty much all I ever get there.

McDonalds french fries are only good if they are hot out of the fryer. I think each fast food joint has a couple items that I like. KFC's buffalo chicken strips are pretty darn good and their cole slaw is great, and their hot biscuits with butter are just a bit special.  ::)

I usally don't get burgers from these places, I'll go to a place that makes a big meaty burger like Nations, and pay a little more but it's worth it, although I do find Burger King's double cheeseburger rather tasty.

If you go to a Jack In The Box, you gotta get the 2 Tacos for .99 cents. they kick butt.  8)

Written By: whistledog on 09/12/08 at 8:43 am

From what's available in the poll, I gotta go with Harvey's.  Unlike other fast food places, Harvey's uses fresh meat patties, not frozen ones, and they flame grill your burger as you order it, then you watch them assemble it as you instruct them on what you want on it

No other fast food place I have been to before will do that.  Finally, a burger you want, the way you want it :)

Written By: Midas on 09/12/08 at 9:52 am

I chose Burger King from the list.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/12/08 at 12:55 pm

Subway, if there's no Subway Burger King.

Written By: greenjello74 on 09/13/08 at 11:11 am

These days I find I struggle with the thought of choosing a fast food joint as .....I'm sick to near death of most of these places....Predictable tastes......Most of them the fries SUCK....I left "Pizza" as a general as there are so many of them to choose from....CEPT...Dominoes (worst ever pizza ever made.bar None!)

KFC used to be a favorite of mine but the fries are bad & some places the chicken varies!
KFC stands for Kan't F%#king Cook!
In Canada we have Swiss Chalet & their chicken is great!

Trouble with most of the burger joints is all the "binders" they put into the pattie blends
Harveys the raw burger is orange.....??????
I think it comes from Halloween Cows!

Never had a "Jack in the Box" as their not here in Canada.so I don't know if their any good...
But a while ago I went through Ohio & they had a place called "Steak & Shake"
That one appealed to me.But we didn't get a chance to check it out as you can't just pull a rig off anywhere on the highway.

Used to love Jack in the box onion rings, but they closed up where I was living and I haven't seen one for years (I think they are mostly out west.  I live in the Southeast.
I think the worst is Arbys, followed by Burger King. I just hate that fake smoke flavor they put on their burgers
We have lots of Steak and Shakes down here, tried it and I was not impressed, very small hamburgers and big prices.

I think the best is Wendys, you can't beat their baked potato. Top it with chili and cheese  yummy.[

Written By: apollonia1986 on 09/20/08 at 3:31 pm

McDonald's.

I first went to McDonald's in 1988 when I was 2 where my mom bought me my first Happy Meal. And I've been eating there ever since. (At the same location too!)

Written By: Jessica on 09/21/08 at 8:46 pm

Used to love Jack in the box onion rings, but they closed up where I was living and I haven't seen one for years (I think they are mostly out west.  I live in the Southeast.
I think the worst is Arbys, followed by Burger King. I just hate that fake smoke flavor they put on their burgers
We have lots of Steak and Shakes down here, tried it and I was not impressed, very small hamburgers and big prices.

I think the best is Wendys, you can't beat their baked potato. Top it with chili and cheese  yummy.[

See, I'm the opposite.  I LOVE Steak n Shake!  Their Frisco Burger is awesome and their milkshakes are to die for.  We usually get coupons in the mail for them, so the price isn't a big deal.  I think their portions are pretty substantial as well, especially if you get the platter deal.  Could vary by region though. :)

Written By: Step-chan on 09/22/08 at 11:50 pm

Pizza is my favorite, usually from Pizza Di Roma(Which was originally called Luca's Pizza).

Check for new replies or respond here...