inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: KFC's 10$ challenge - total bull in case you were wondering

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/01/08 at 4:13 pm

http://www.grist.org/advice/chef/2008/10/30/index.html?source=rss

This guy proves the ad where the family decides it's cheaper to eat at Kentucky Fried Cat is cheaper than making a chicken themselves is 100% bunk.  He does it for $8.65 or so.

Truthiness in advertising

Subject: Re: KFC's 10$ challenge - total bull in case you were wondering

Written By: whistledog on 11/01/08 at 8:04 pm

It all depends on how good you want your chicken to be.  I could make chicken for under $5, but it would probably taste like how it smells after it comes out once you've eaten it :D

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/01/08 at 8:46 pm

It all depends on how good you want your chicken to be.  I could make chicken for under $5, but it would probably taste like how it smells after it comes out once you've eaten it :D

How would that differ from Krappy Fried Cat chicken?

Written By: whistledog on 11/01/08 at 8:50 pm

How would that differ from Krappy Fried Cat chicken?

Mine wouldn't be as salty :D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/01/08 at 9:18 pm

the article said he used 7 herbs & spices. he was missing 4. there have always been 11 secret herbs and spices in Kentucky FRIED Chicken.

of course you have to clean it, cut it up, and you need to get a whole chicken because that's cheaper. if you catch chicken on sale, you could have a 16 piece meal  :o

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/02/08 at 7:21 am

the article said he used 7 herbs & spices. he was missing 4. there have always been 11 secret herbs and spices in Kentucky FRIED Chicken.

of course you have to clean it, cut it up, and you need to get a whole chicken because that's cheaper. if you catch chicken on sale, you could have a 16 piece meal  :o

It would be a waste of money, because no one would eat it - because I can not fry anything successfully (no crispy coating, breading falls off, soaks up grease, etc........... 8-P)

I will have to stick to KFC

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/04/08 at 2:57 am

Ever heard of "drunken chicken," also known as "beer-can chicken?"

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1304/644166794_09032e12f5.jpg?v=0

Basically you just get a whole chicken and coat it in olive oil (and whatever spices you like--Lawry's salt and oregano seems to work well).  Then you take a half-full can of beer (and maybe throw a few spices into the beer) and shove it up the chicken's butt, and then set it on the grill (or bake it in the oven at 350 degrees for one hour, as I do since I don't have a grill). My brother-in-law made it once and I was quite impressed by the result, and I've made it several times myself (I bought a little rack that was made specifically for this purpose).

I'd heard of it before and thought it sounded kind of odd, but it's actually surprisingly good. The beer evaporates and permeates the chicken, and it comes out really tender and juicy.

Plus, you can easily make it for under 10 bucks, and it's much better than anything KFC has to offer.

Written By: greenjello74 on 11/07/08 at 8:28 pm

Basically you just get a whole chicken and coat it in olive oil (and whatever spices you like--Lawry's salt and oregano seems to work well).  Then you take a half-full can of beer (and maybe throw a few spices into the beer) and shove it up the chicken's butt, and then set it on the grill (or bake it in the oven at 350 degrees for one hour, as I do since I don't have a grill). My brother-in-law made it once and I was quite impressed by the result, and I've made it several times myself (I bought a little rack that was made specifically for this purpose).

I'd heard of it before and thought it sounded kind of odd, but it's actually surprisingly good. The beer evaporates and permeates the chicken, and it comes out really tender and juicy.

Plus, you can easily make it for under 10 bucks, and it's much better than anything KFC has to offer.

Yeah beer can chicken is the best, even though it looks fairly obscene while cooking ;D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/09/08 at 1:43 am

Yeah beer can chicken is the best, even though it looks fairly obscene while cooking ;D

Wow! As perverted as I am, I never thought of it that way.

I mean, who could have thunk that anally violating a chicken with an alcoholic beverage could taste so good?  ;D ;D ;D

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/09/08 at 7:47 pm

I mean, who could have thunk that anally violating a chicken with an alcoholic beverage could taste so good?  ;D ;D ;D

Here is a perverted chicken pic for you!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: greenjello74 on 11/09/08 at 8:01 pm

New menu item at KFC S & M Chicken ;D ;D

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/09/08 at 8:09 pm

New menu item at KFC S & M Chicken ;D ;D
Didn't you know this pic was put out by Peta activist as to the cruel and inhumane acts that takes place in the manufacturing of KFC Chicken - brings a whole new meaning to finger lick'n good ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: greenjello74 on 11/09/08 at 9:44 pm

Didn't you know this pic was put out by Peta activist as to the cruel and inhumane acts that takes place in the manufacturing of KFC Chicken - brings a whole new meaning to finger lick'n good ;D ;D ;D ;D

Are u serious? ::)

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/10/08 at 1:31 am

That's it, I am NOT eating at your house!    :o :o :o

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/10/08 at 5:26 pm

That's it, I am NOT eating at your house!    :o :o :o
But the chicken is soooooo tender !!!!! ::)

- when I get done beating it :o :o :o

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/11/08 at 1:31 am

But the chicken is soooooo tender !!!!! ::)

- when I get done beating it :o :o :o

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You can't beat ami's meat!  ;D

Wait a minute, that ain't right.   :o :o :o

Written By: Jessica on 11/11/08 at 10:54 am

You can't beat ami's meat!  ;D

Wait a minute, that ain't right.   :o :o :o

No, but you can choke her chicken.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/11/08 at 10:51 pm

No, but you can choke her chicken.

You're dirty.  :o :o :o

Written By: Jessica on 11/11/08 at 11:31 pm

You're dirty.  :o :o :o

Anything you say, Mr. Ass Crack. http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/naughty.gif

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/11/08 at 11:32 pm

I have a vertical roaster that I bought years ago. we don't do the beer can thing, we just roast that fowl with McCormicks Poultry seasoning. it's a real tasty blend of herbs and spices and of course a bit of olive oil.

Check for new replies or respond here...