inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Cheesecake

Written By: ninny on 11/23/08 at 8:46 am

Who loves it? who hates it? What style do you like? New York,Philadelphia,Chicago,no-bake,Pennsylvania dutch,sour cream,lactose free?
Has anyone been to The Cheesecake Factory?

I've only had the New york style and the no-bake style. I like the no-bake style with cherries and whipped topping. I had a New York style with chocolate and peanut butter that was delicious :)

Subject: Re: Cheesecake

Written By: snozberries on 11/23/08 at 11:07 am

I detest cheesecake!  8-P 

My mom had a business partner who would make dinner every Friday and he always made cheesecake for desert. My mother forced me to eat it because she didn't want me to hurt his feelings. I will never eat cheesecake again. 

I have been to the cheesecake factory tho...what an amazing menu! And the honey wheat bread loaf they serve before the food arrives... YUM!!!

Written By: ninny on 11/23/08 at 11:53 am

My mom had a business partner who would make dinner every Friday and he always made cheesecake for desert. My mother forced me to eat it because she didn't want me to hurt his feelings. I will never eat cheesecake again. 

I have been to the cheesecake factory tho...what an amazing menu! And the honey wheat bread loaf they serve before the food arrives... YUM!!!

I guess if I had to eat it every Friday and didn't like it,I could see you disdain for it. I only eat once in a great while
I would like to go to the Cheesecake Factory,but hear it is on the expensive side.

Written By: ladybug316 on 11/23/08 at 12:28 pm

I LOVE cheesecake of any kind.  I make an awesome one with caramels and pecans that's super-easy.  PM me if you'd like the recipe.

Written By: danootaandme on 11/23/08 at 1:28 pm

The Cheesecake Factory is like heaven on earth.  I wish I had read this before I came home, as it is I will now have to get in the car and drive to the nearest one, there will not be any sleep until I give into this craving.  ;D

Written By: Gis on 11/23/08 at 2:50 pm

Any kind of cheesecake is good by me! YUM

The best I ever had was in New York in a little family run deli on a street corner somewhere, truely heavenly.

Written By: snozberries on 11/23/08 at 4:03 pm

I guess if I had to eat it every Friday and didn't like it,I could see you disdain for it. I only eat once in a great while
I would like to go to the Cheesecake Factory,but hear it is on the expensive side.

it is a bit expensive but not over the top expensive.  I ate at the one in Beverly Hills believe me it's one of the more reasonable restaurants in that area.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/23/08 at 4:08 pm

You forgot strawberry cheesecake.  I love strawberry cheesecake. :)

Written By: ninny on 11/23/08 at 4:21 pm

it is a bit expensive but not over the top expensive.  I ate at the one in Beverly Hills believe me it's one of the more reasonable restaurants in that area.

Timmy went there,maybe it's expensive to a teenager.

Written By: ninny on 11/23/08 at 4:22 pm

You forgot strawberry cheesecake.   I love strawberry cheesecake. :)

Strawberries are always good :) Blueberries too.

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/23/08 at 5:09 pm

In the thanksgiving theme of things, pumpkin pie cheesecake with a pecan struesel topping is divine

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/23/08 at 5:10 pm

Strawberries are always good :) Blueberries too.

Blueberry is superb.  It's a nice contrast to the sweetness of the cheesecake. :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/23/08 at 5:23 pm

When I was a younger I didn't like it, but now I dig it to the max.  the last one we had was the one I bought atThe Cheesecake Factory and it was wonderful but a little on the expensive side. I like pretty much all of them except pumpkin.

Written By: Red Ant on 11/23/08 at 7:41 pm

I love it - it's one of those things that's nearly impossible to ruin. The $4.99 plain ones at Food Lion are pretty good - and 10 WW points a slice too.  ;D

Ant

Written By: Step-chan on 11/23/08 at 7:48 pm

I love it myself, although I rarely eat it.

Written By: coqueta83 on 11/23/08 at 8:01 pm

I love almost any kind of cheesecake.  :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/23/08 at 9:15 pm

every once in awhile QVC will sell Junior's Cheesecakes. and they look delicious, but they are also a little on the expensive side

Written By: snozberries on 11/23/08 at 9:44 pm

Timmy went there,maybe it's expensive to a teenager.

I paid like $20 for pork chops but you get a lot of food. 

Written By: whistledog on 11/23/08 at 10:45 pm

You know who loves cheesecake?

http://www.amoeba.com/dynamic-images/blog/Sarah/golden-girls.jpg

Written By: robby76 on 11/24/08 at 7:38 am

I lurvveee cheesecake and I love the Golden Girls! Apart from all the usual cheesecakes, there's also this Japanese cheesecake which is more of a light sponge. That means you can use them for traditional birthday cake style cakes with heaps of frosting etc. They're gorgeous and whenever it's someone's birthday we always get one.

For the more traditional, I love cherry cheesecake.

http://www.sprydental.com/newsletter/images/accents/cherry_cheesecake.jpg

Written By: karen on 11/24/08 at 10:53 am

My mum used to make a nice one with mandarin orange segments at the bottom.

Written By: ninny on 11/24/08 at 11:23 am

every once in awhile QVC will sell Junior's Cheesecakes. and they look delicious, but they are also a little on the expensive side

I 've always been tempted to buy one,but don't want to be dissapointed
I have purchased alot of clothes and sheets from QVC,but not really sure about food item like cheesecake. I did order some Mrs Prindable's Apple's for my nieces once and they liked those.

Written By: ninny on 11/24/08 at 11:27 am

I paid like $20 for pork chops but you get a lot of food. 

I'm not sure what he got,but he did say he couldn't finish it. That's the beauty of doggy bags ;D
I lurvveee cheesecake and I love the Golden Girls! Apart from all the usual cheesecakes, there's also this Japanese cheesecake which is more of a light sponge. That means you can use them for traditional birthday cake style cakes with heaps of frosting etc. They're gorgeous and whenever it's someone's birthday we always get one.

For the more traditional, I love cherry cheesecake.

http://www.sprydental.com/newsletter/images/accents/cherry_cheesecake.jpg

Yes that's one thing I read about Junior's cheesecake they use sponge cake instead of a graham crust bottom.

Written By: ninny on 11/24/08 at 11:28 am

My mum used to make a nice one with mandarin orange segments at the bottom.

That sounds good,well at least Missy & I like mandarin oranges :)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 11/24/08 at 12:21 pm

I only like chocolate cheesecake.  Is that weird or what? 

I LOVE the Cheesecake Factory though.  That place is really good.  Everything I've ever ordered has been wonderful.

The thing I like most on this thread is the Golden Girls.  ;D  It's my all-time favorite show!

Written By: ninny on 11/24/08 at 4:47 pm

I only like chocolate cheesecake.  Is that weird or what? 

I LOVE the Cheesecake Factory though.  That place is really good.  Everything I've ever ordered has been wonderful.

The thing I like most on this thread is the Golden Girls.   ;D  It's my all-time favorite show!

Cheesecake and Golden Girls,Very Nice :)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 11/24/08 at 5:10 pm

I had some Key Lime Cheesecake last night and it was heavenly!  :D

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 11/24/08 at 5:14 pm

There is a wonderful book called The Joy Of Cheesecake, and I've made a number of different recipes from it over the years...

The basic Almond Cheesecake is probably my favorite, but I also like Chimpanzee Cheesecake (obviously made with bananas!) and Pineapple Cheesecake...yum!  8)

Written By: coqueta83 on 11/24/08 at 7:26 pm

Every time they ate cheesecake it made me want to rush out to the store and buy some!  ;D

Written By: ninny on 11/25/08 at 5:25 am

I had some Key Lime Cheesecake last night and it was heavenly!  :D

That sounds delicious, I love Key Lime pie,so I'm sure I would love that.
There is a wonderful book called The Joy Of Cheesecake, and I've made a number of different recipes from it over the years...

The basic Almond Cheesecake is probably my favorite, but I also like Chimpanzee Cheesecake (obviously made with bananas!) and Pineapple Cheesecake...yum!  8)

It's amazing how many varieties of cheesecake there is.Umm

Written By: danootaandme on 11/25/08 at 6:19 am

Yesterday I had cheesecake with a heathbar toffee crunch topping    :)

Written By: ninny on 11/25/08 at 6:42 am

Yesterday I had cheesecake with a heathbar toffee crunch topping    :)

You guys are driving me insane with all these great cheesecakes
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk106/Design_Savage/drooling_homer.jpg

Written By: Step-chan on 11/25/08 at 10:03 pm

I used to watch The Golden Girls. Although I don't remember any cheesecake scenes(it's been a long time since I seen it).

Written By: ninny on 11/26/08 at 6:38 am

I used to watch The Golden Girls. Although I don't remember any cheesecake scenes(it's been a long time since I seen it).

See the list # 7
http://www.heartlessdoll.com/2008/11/top_ten_best_things_about_the_golden_girls.php

Written By: Step-chan on 11/26/08 at 6:22 pm

See the list # 7
http://www.heartlessdoll.com/2008/11/top_ten_best_things_about_the_golden_girls.php

Okay. :)

Edit: That reminds me, cheesecake is one of the desserts for Thanksgiving tommorrow.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 11/26/08 at 8:32 pm

Well snoz I see there's something else we gracefully disagree on.  ;)

I love chessecake and have loved it ever since I was 8 and my mother brought home won she won at her job's Christmas party. I just don't know what I can say. It is my favorite treat and I adore it. I like it so much, that a few months ago, I made one to celebrate Michael Jackson's birthday.  ;D I love the simple plain one, preferable with a fork sticking out of it for me.

Written By: snozberries on 11/29/08 at 8:47 pm

Well snoz I see there's something else we gracefully disagree on.  ;)

I love chessecake and have loved it ever since I was 8 and my mother brought home won she won at her job's Christmas party. I just don't know what I can say. It is my favorite treat and I adore it. I like it so much, that a few months ago, I made one to celebrate Michael Jackson's birthday.  ;D I love the simple plain one, preferable with a fork sticking out of it for me.

goody more for you! guess I'm always welcome to dinner huh?

Check for new replies or respond here...