inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: No More Sonic Drive-Ins In Indy

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/06/08 at 1:44 am

The closest Sonic they have is in Kokomo. I wasn't a big fans of their food, but for a chain business with one of the top ten franchises in America, it's pathetic we didn't have a choice when Indianapolis closed all its restaurants just after 2003 without permission from headquarters. I guess Steak 'n' Shake complained too much. ::)

Subject: Re: No More Sonic Drive-Ins In Indy

Written By: Jessica on 12/06/08 at 1:58 am

There's one in LaFayette.  Although there are more miles, it takes less time to get there because you can take the interstate.

And what's wrong with Steak n Shake? :D

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/06/08 at 3:23 am

Nothing, it's just that I can't eat hardly any of it anymore. :-X
And what's wrong with Steak n Shake? :D

Written By: Jessica on 12/06/08 at 5:17 pm

Nothing, it's just that I can't eat hardly any of it anymore. :-X

Ah, I gotcha.  Don't they have salads though?  Although when you're going to a place like Steak N Shake, I guess the last thing you want is a salad. :-\\

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/06/08 at 11:14 pm

This is blasphemy.  Sonic is gold.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/06/08 at 11:28 pm

We actually JUST started getting them around here! I first one I was at was in Hilton Head, SC. We now have one like 30 minutes from here..and they are also in the process of builidng one about 15 minutes from us.

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/08/08 at 11:57 pm

Yes, but taco salads aren't good for me either. And how can I get filled up on just a side salad. At least that's all I remember from any S 'n' S I've been to.
Ah, I gotcha.  Don't they have salads though?  Although when you're going to a place like Steak N Shake, I guess the last thing you want is a salad. :-\\

Written By: Jessica on 12/09/08 at 12:13 am

Yes, but taco salads aren't good for me either. And how can I get filled up on just a side salad. At least that's all I remember from any S 'n' S I've been to.

They have a few more salads, but most of them contain fattening crap.  The apple walnut grilled chicken salad sounds good though, and it only has 10 grams of fat.  Of course you know their portions are huge, so that could probably go for two meals.

They also have fruit and frozen yogurt shakes now.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/09/08 at 12:25 am

They have a few more salads, but most of them contain fattening crap.  The apple walnut grilled chicken salad sounds good though, and it only has 10 grams of fat.  Of course you know their portions are huge, so that could probably go for two meals.

They also have fruit and frozen yogurt shakes now.

The grilled chicken salad is really quite good

Apple Walnut Grilled Chicken Salad
Romaine blend topped with marinated grilled chicken, Granny Smith apples, red grapes, honey roasted walnuts and dried cranberries. Served with fat free raspberry vinaigrette dressing.

Written By: ninny on 12/09/08 at 8:33 am

There is no Sonic near me >:(. If I type in my zipcode the closes one is in Palmyra,PA 171 miles away. That sucks because they show the commercials all the time.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 12/14/08 at 5:34 pm

:o

I guess I can cancel my trip to see Michael Jackson childhood home. (in Gary). I have to have a Supersonic Cheeseburger in Indiana. (a tots and large cherry limeade) OH gosh!

Written By: nally on 12/22/08 at 11:19 am

For the longest time, I'd seen Sonic advertisements on TV, but no locations within a 100-mile radius of where I live. Now I do know of at least one location in the southern California area: Anaheim. Although that is kinda far from where I am, it's still within 100 miles. I'd like to go to one sometime to see what the food is like.

Check for new replies or respond here...