inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Cordial Cherries (Queen Anne, Cella's, Brachs, etc.)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 12/21/08 at 1:54 am

Does anyone get addicted to these during the holidays? I personally have found to enjoy the Cella's brand most, but I would probably eat any that came my way.

Subject: Re: Cordial Cherries (Queen Anne, Cella's, Brachs, etc.)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/21/08 at 10:34 am

Yep, Queen Anne's are pretty addictive.  Normally I don't eat anything that sweet however those I do.

Written By: ninny on 12/21/08 at 10:44 am

Does anyone get addicted to these during the holidays? I personally have found to enjoy the Cella's brand most, but I would probably eat any that came my way.

I like them once in a while for a treat. Tim's step dad loves them so every Christmas he ends up with between 4-8 boxes of them

Written By: Tam on 12/21/08 at 10:51 am

Yep, Queen Anne's are pretty addictive.  Normally I don't eat anything that sweet however those I do.

Big Nasty becomes insanely addicted to these over the holidays.!
You have to picture a grizzly bear, awakened from hibernation, hungry as all heck, and guarding his stash with fervor! ;D ;D

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 12/21/08 at 2:46 pm

Big Nasty becomes insanely addicted to these over the holidays.!
You have to picture a grizzly bear, awakened from hibernation, hungry as all heck, and guarding his stash with fervor! ;D ;D

;D ;D That's how I've been lately. I kept telling my boyfriend how yummy the Cella's brand was and he finally started eating some, and then he ate two more and I felt this primal urge to grab the box from him and start growling, lol I knew I had become addicted at that very moment!  ;D

Written By: Step-chan on 12/21/08 at 7:17 pm

That's a very good brand.

I had the Zachary brand this year.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/21/08 at 7:28 pm

That's a very good brand.

I had the Zachary brand this year.

What is your opinion on them?

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 12/23/08 at 11:52 am

I think I had the Zachary brand earlier in the season, and was not fond of them. They had itsy bitsy cherries in them and the goo mimicked a cadbury egg too much (although I love cadbury eggs). I like the filling to be more watery than gooey.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 12/23/08 at 4:40 pm

I used to eat the Queen Anne variety. My mother loved those.  :\'( I can usually only eat one or 2 because they're almost too sweet.  :)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/23/08 at 5:13 pm

I think I had the Zachary brand earlier in the season, and was not fond of them. They had itsy bitsy cherries in them and the goo mimicked a cadbury egg too much (although I love cadbury eggs). I like the filling to be more watery than gooey.

So then it's best to stick with Queen Anne's. 

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/23/08 at 8:18 pm

never have liked these. maybe I need to try the best of the best and see if my tastes have changed at all. I love chocolate and I love fresh cherries, but I don't like the combo.

Written By: Step-chan on 12/24/08 at 11:19 pm

They're pretty good, it mainly depends if you like a cream center in them instead of a more liquidy one.

Written By: Dagwood on 12/25/08 at 8:08 pm

I don't eat any.  They are way too sweet for me.

Written By: Big Nasty on 12/27/08 at 10:02 pm

You are on to something with the Queen Anne's variety, I look forward to Holiday to find these!

Check for new replies or respond here...