inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Italian Sausage

Written By: apollonia1986 on 02/26/09 at 4:32 pm

Hi Everyone!

I have a bit of a dilema and was hoping that you could help.

I really REALLY love to eat Italian Sausages with Onions and Peppers on them, but I've run into a problem. I am extremely sensitive to pepper and can't have spicy food (or sausage with red pepper flakes in them) because I will regurgitate violently if I come into contact with anything spicy.  :\'(

What I'd like to know is, are there any brands of sausage I can use that won't upset me and how should I go about preparing it?

I appreciate any and all answers.

Thank you!  :)

Subject: Re: Italian Sausage

Written By: Jessica on 02/26/09 at 5:04 pm

Hi Everyone!

I have a bit of a dilema and was hoping that you could help.

I really REALLY love to eat Italian Sausages with Onions and Peppers on them, but I've run into a problem. I am extremely sensitive to pepper and can't have spicy food (or sausage with red pepper flakes in them) because I will regurgitate violently if I come into contact with anything spicy.  :\'(

What I'd like to know is, are there any brands of sausage I can use that won't upset me and how should I go about preparing it?

I appreciate any and all answers.

Thank you!  :)

I buy sweet Italian sausage.  Dunno if they sell that in your area.

Do you get sick from black pepper or actual spicy peppers?

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 02/26/09 at 5:36 pm

You might see if you have Johnsonville brand Italian Sausage.  They make they Mild or Hot.  I've bought both before, and I'm quite sure the Mild ones don't contain any hot peppers in them.

As for preparing them, I typically fry them with a little olive oil and onions (if desired).  These make great hero sandwiches.  :) 

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/26/09 at 5:37 pm

yesh, sweet or mild Italian sausage. there's a brand we get in the bay area called New York style sausage company and there's are really good. here's a link to their site    http://www.newyorkstylesausage.com/

Written By: apollonia1986 on 02/27/09 at 8:24 pm

Hi Everyone!

Thank you so much for your input.

I am most sensitive to spicy peppers, but if used heavily, I am also sensitive to black pepper.  :\'( But I will try the Johnsonville Mild Sausage. Thanks so much!

Written By: Indy Gent on 02/28/09 at 1:50 am

I can't eat any sausage other than turkey.

Written By: NbC on 02/28/09 at 6:25 am

You could also try Vegetarian Italian sausage.  It is quite good. 

Check for new replies or respond here...